Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17294
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   December 8th 2014, 9:57 pm

Ben talks about his mental health issues. I'll have to watch tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   December 10th 2014, 10:35 am

One of Ben's reviews from his show the other night.

http://aussietheatre.com.au/reviews/review-ben-brisbane-quiet-night#.VIh1iDHF-Hh
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   December 10th 2014, 1:31 pm

What a wonderful review. I wish that I could be an audience member.
Thanks, Jack'd.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   December 12th 2014, 12:43 pm

Here's another e-mail that I received about Tim and Ben's adventure to Memphis...

Hello beloved supporters!

We thought it was high time we gave you an update from behind the scenes of the Graceland Happiness Project.

We are locked and loaded! Tim and Ben have booked flights and accommodation in the heart of Memphis and the finishing touches are being put on a heap of awesome adventures.

Both of the guys are super excited to get over there and share their experiences with you. All you have to do is ask Tim:

"I can't believe in under a month now Ben and I will be off on our big adventure to Graceland! Ben thinks we're just going on a sightseeing holiday to check out Elvis' home, little does he know that I've been planning some more exciting and adventurous activities to do while we're in Memphis! Check out the rad hotel we're staying at called "The Peabody", Ben tells me it's iconic, over 100 years old...I bet it smells! We've booked a twin room so there will be no escaping each other, here's hoping we both come back to Australia as friends! Haha, I can't wait for a lot of laughs!"

There is plenty to look forward to and we’ll be keeping you regularly updated from now until the end of production!

Lots of Love,

Princess Pictures

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   December 12th 2014, 3:11 pm

Gail wrote:
Here's another e-mail that I received about Tim and Ben's adventure to Memphis...

Hello beloved supporters!

We thought it was high time we gave you an update from behind the scenes of the Graceland Happiness Project.

We are locked and loaded! Tim and Ben have booked flights and accommodation in the heart of Memphis and the finishing touches are being put on a heap of awesome adventures.

Both of the guys are super excited to get over there and share their experiences with you. All you have to do is ask Tim:

"I can't believe in under a month now Ben and I will be off on our big adventure to Graceland! Ben thinks we're just going on a sightseeing holiday to check out Elvis' home, little does he know that I've been planning some more exciting and adventurous activities to do while we're in Memphis! Check out the rad hotel we're staying at called "The Peabody", Ben tells me it's iconic, over 100 years old...I bet it smells! We've booked a twin room so there will be no escaping each other, here's hoping we both come back to Australia as friends! Haha, I can't wait for a lot of laughs!"

There is plenty to look forward to and we’ll be keeping you regularly updated from now until the end of production!

Lots of Love,

Princess Pictures

They are going to have a blast. I was hoping they would stay at the Peabody. I loved that hotel, mostly for their ducks lol. They have these marching ducks that come off the elevator onto a red carpet in the morning, go to the fountain in the hotel to spend their day and then retire back to the elevator to their penthouse where they spend their nights. It's so cute to see.

Thanks Gail for keeping us posted.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   December 12th 2014, 5:06 pm

You're welcome, Jack'd. I can't wait to see what Tim has planned.

I've been to Memphis a few times, but never stayed at The Peabody. We did go in the morning to see the ducks, though. So cute.
I don't remember the hotel smelling. Oh, Tim....lol

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 2nd 2015, 10:54 am

This email is from Dec. 24th...

Season's greetings Graceland Happiness Project supporters!!

Can you believe there are less than 2 weeks til we are off to Graceland?! We have started to pack our bags. Ben has got a nice big warm woolen coat ready (or as Tim calls it, a 'smelly old man's jacket'!) but with snow forecast in Memphis, Tim is going to need some more practical clothes than his ripped jeans, that's for sure!

The itinerary is taking shape, and yes there are already arguments! Tim wants to ride a bucking bull in a honky-tonk bar, whereas Ben has his eye on "Elvis bingo".

No doubt the Graceland Happiness Project will be a wild ride, full of laughs and some tears. We can't wait to show you our holiday! We're getting so excited and hope you guys are too!!

To all of our beloved supporters - Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year, we hope you have an amazing time with friends and family, eating lots of yummy food!

Lots of love,

Princess Pictures

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 2nd 2015, 12:07 pm

LOL Gail, these two are polar opposites, I can see lots of arguments. They are going a bad time of the year, they should have gone in the Spring when the weather is nice.

Elvis Bingo??? roll on floor laughi

Thanks for sharing Gail!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 8th 2015, 7:52 am

They're finally in Memphis!!

http://www.prohibited site.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2901461/Tim-Dormer-die-hard-Elvis-Presley-fan-Ben-Zabel-embark-overseas-trip-coinciding-music-legend-s-80th-birthday.html
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 9th 2015, 7:38 pm

From this morning....

Hey supporters!!

Today is elvis birthday! After a late night at the gates of graceland in minus 10 degree (yes it's seriously that cold) temperatures singing happy birthday to the king at the strike of midnight, we had an early morning wakeup call to be back out at graceland for the official birthday celebrations. There were thousands of fellow fans from around the world, along with members of the Presley family themselves! Ben got to shake Lisa Marie's hand and tell her he was from Australia. I was just happy to snap a selfie! There was an 8- storey cake to celebrate the 8 decades since elvis birth. Ben was just ABSOLUTLEY blown away with his brush with the Kings family! It made me happy to see him truly moved by the experience!! To top it off watching the local 5pm Memphis TV news back in our hotel, Ben featured as one of the fans who attended the event today! He was chuffed!!

On the downside, we've been struggling to find Ben some vegetarian food, with Memphis bbqs being the only thing on the menu! I love all the deep fried meats but poor Ben is getting sick of cob salads!

Weve been invited to the elvis dance tonight, a party for all the diehard fans. Ben was worried he had nothing cool to wear, so we visited the famous "lansky brothers" clothing store, where elvis famously shopped. I bought Ben an item from the store that Elvis would have worn, and together with some borrowed items from my wardrobe I'm going to make Ben feel like a rockstar for the dance tonight!! Hahah I can't wait to show you what he looks like!!!!!

Lots still to come, including the big tour inside graceland itself!! I must admit I've been getting up to some mischief, and after going along with what Ben wants to do I think it's about time we did something crazy...like get tattoos? Haha what do y'all think? (Hahaa yes we've picked up some local lingo!)

Signed, Timx

*Jack'd...I was not able to view the link that you posted. I believe that I received the same one, too.

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 9th 2015, 8:52 pm

OMG Gail I didn't even notice the link came up like that. What a load of crap it's the friggin Daily Mail for God sake. Ben tweeted the link so if anyone wants to see the article you need to go to Ben's twitter to see it. Geez how stupid!

Thanks for the update, sounds like they are having a blast. Now I know why they went this month, I was wondering why anyone would want to go in the Winter, not even realizing it was Elvis' 80th B-Day.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 10th 2015, 2:57 pm

Ohhhhhhh what a great time to visit Graceland!!! I should have remembered Elvis's birthday since my Mom insisted on it also being her wedding day back in 1962. LOL She is a huge fan!!

I can't wait to see more from these 2!!
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 11th 2015, 10:22 am

"Hey team, here's an update of what we got up to today!

So today was the big day!! After such a long journey to get here, it was the day we would finally tour within the Graceland mansion. This was Ben's dream moment and it was everything we had expected and more! The mansion was truly amazing, decorated by Elvis himself we got a real sense of his kooky style (green fluffy walls!) There was a real sense of Elvis' spirit being still present (yes, elvis had not left the building). Ben explored each room with the wonder of a kid and it made me so happy to see his dream fulfilled.

But it wasn't all smiles. Ben had a sombre moment at the end of the tour when visiting the gravesite of the King. It led us to consider our own mortality and what legacy we would leave from our own lives. In the light of Ben's struggle to even get to Graceland, it was a pertinent moment. The Graceland Happiness Project is well and truly alive!!

After an absolute dream of a morning at Graceland we ticked off another once in a life time experience visiting the famous Sun Studios this afternoon. These were the studios that in the early 1950's an 18 year-old elvis walked into and recorded his first single that began the career that would change the world! Elvis wasn't the only megastar to record in this room, artists like Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Roy Orbison all recorded hits at sun studio. But Ben and I weren't just there for the tour, we actually booked out the studio to record our own version of one of Elvis' biggest hits!! WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! We can't wait for you to see (and hear) the result...but I think you'll all understand why we were big brother contestants and not The Voice!

It seems like we have squeezed so much in such a few short days, we are so thankful for your support which brought us here!!

Tomorrow we're planning an early morning start to put on our Sunday best and experience church the Deep South of America style....Hallelujah!

Love you, signed Tim."

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 12th 2015, 6:19 pm

Tonight's installment....

"Hi guys!

Being Sunday here in America, Tim & I decided to join the locals for a church service, Memphis style! Tim even shaved for the occasion, & I spat out my gum. After a whole lotta singing, dancing & hallelujahs, I thought it was a great show & the people are very lovely, but I suspect a little crazy too!

After the service, we followed the congregation to a local soul food restaurant. I can honestly say it was the best meal I've had in Memphis. Home cooked veggies that fed the soul. I don't know if I can say the same for Tim's plate, stacked high with fried chicken.

Tomorrow I'm looking to head to the civil rights museum, but Tim can't stop talking about getting a tattoo before we head home to Australia.

Missing home but can't believe all the amazing experiences we've had.

We decided to send a video today in lieu of not taking photos in church.

Signed Ben"

Graceland Update from Princess Pictures on Vimeo.

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 12th 2015, 7:23 pm

Thanks so much again Gail, they sure are having a great time.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   January 13th 2015, 11:01 am

Jack'd wrote:
Thanks so much again Gail, they sure are having a great time.

They really are, Jack'd. I'm so happy for Ben, but also, I'm so happy for Tim. This trip seems to have really touched him.

Here's last night's email (11:30pm)...

Hi all!

Today was our last full day here in Memphis before the big journey back home tomorrow (awwww!) We slept in for the first time, but made sure we caught the daily march of the ducks in our hotel foyer here at the Peabody. It's a tradition dating back to the establishment of the hotel in the 1930's. Every morning an old guy dressed up in a red suit called the "duck master" collects the ducks from their rooftop home and directs them down the elevator to waddle freely along a red carpet into a grand marble fountain in the middle of the hotel foyer. It's such a cute show and another reason why I'm glad I forked out the extra $ so Ben and I could stay in such a beautiful hotel!!

After a quick lunch of cold leftover chicken wings from Hooters from the night before (Ben went hungry), we headed to the Civil Rights Museum here in Memphis. The museum is located at the Lorraine Motel, made famous by the assassination of Martin Luther King. The museum tells the history of African American's struggle to achieve equality. I remember learning about the famous "I have a dream" speech in high school, being here today really brought it to life.

The Graceland Happiness Project brought Ben and I to Memphis for Elvis, but this journey definitely introduced us to so many truly amazing people along the way! From world-changers to whacky Elvis superfans, friendly homeless men on the street to joyful choir singers in a southern baptist church...we've been searching for the answers to happiness and I think our journey together making friends along the way has brought us a little closer to finding them. Ben and I cannot wait for you to watch our journey for yourselves, I know you have all helped us create something truly special.

Thankyou!
Tim.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   March 31st 2015, 6:10 pm

http://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Tim-Dormer-Interview-Graceland-Project-Ben-Zabel-37188409#photo-37188415

The Graceland Happiness Project Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8yA5kA5wQ

Last edited by Gail on March 31st 2015, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   March 31st 2015, 6:11 pm

News about the Graceland Project. Gail, it will air April 15th and will be 10 episodes. It will be a YouTube project, but don't know if everyone will be able to watch it.

http://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Tim-Dormer-Interview-Graceland-Project-Ben-Zabel-37188409#photo-5
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   March 31st 2015, 6:14 pm

Jack'd, shouldn't people that donated to the project get to see it?

I embedded the Youtube video, but it wouldn't show on here.

I guess I just answered my question.

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   March 31st 2015, 6:19 pm

Yes, you would see it since you donated. I meant the rest of us.

They disabled so you can't embed.

Here's the link if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8yA5kA5wQ
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   April 14th 2015, 12:06 pm

I haven't watched the episodes yet, but I wanted to post the link for you all.

"THIS IS IT!!! We're launching the series officially tomorrow, but wanted all of you - our awesome supporters - to see it first!

You made this series happen, please make it spread. Share this link as much as you can, help us send the message of happiness and friendship as far and wide as possible.

We are eternally grateful to each and every one of you. Can't wait to hear what you think!"

Tim, Ben and Princess Pictures

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLnmwHEisH6T3l4XjQBzKkc9OutlENzju

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   April 14th 2015, 6:48 pm

Thanks so much Gail, I've watch two episodes so far!!! Love these two!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Australia - 2013   

Back to top Go down

Big Brother Australia - 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Big Brother Canada, UK, and AUS :: General Discussion-
Jump to: