AuthorMessage
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3270
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 13th 2013, 8:19 pm

bergen wrote:
cochran's interview: GUESS WHAT???? he is going to be writing the BIG BROTHER recap fpr ew.com...cool!!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/john-cochran-survivor-caramoan/

That is very cool news! Can't wait to read his "read" on the next BB season.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14843
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 13th 2013, 9:31 pm

I was so happy for Cochran.

Eddie's idea of the dog shelter and bar next door was lol!

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 13th 2013, 11:11 pm

catty wrote:
I was so happy for Cochran.

Eddie's idea of the dog shelter and bar next door was lol!

I really think it's a great idea!

My parents owned a feed store and there was a bar next door. We had dogs, cats, and horses walking into our store. I am sure some of those animal owners would have loved a place to "park" their babies and have a drink.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 14th 2013, 11:40 pm

Survivor Caramoan FTC in sixty seconds ...

Administrator

Number of posts : 35507
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 15th 2013, 3:17 am

Hugh310 wrote:

What is it with the crappy reaction to Cochran winning? He is probably one of the most deserving winners ever. He played brilliantly. His talking points at the Final Tribal were the most succinct and intelligent that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 15th 2013, 6:31 am

Cochran definitely played a great game, not a surprise he won by a landslide!! And to be such a fan and win it, EVEN BETTER!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9246
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 15th 2013, 7:53 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Hugh310 wrote:

What is it with the crappy reaction to Cochran winning? He is probably one of the most deserving winners ever. He played brilliantly. His talking points at the Final Tribal were the most succinct and intelligent that I can remember.

is there a bad reaction? I have only seen positives about his win. now i can't play the youtube posted above so I don't know what that is about...

i think people are just more up in arms about the reunion and that has put a bad stink on the finale things
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 15th 2013, 8:50 am

Yup. I'm seeing lots of reunion backlash. I was watching Revenge, so I just checked in quick while Jeff read the votes. Looks like a good thing I missed 95% of it...lol.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 15th 2013, 11:17 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Hugh310 wrote:

I don't know where you're seeing a 'crappy reaction to John winning'. The video was just a funny take on the FTC that 'roasted' pretty much everyone but mostly roasted Probst, who 100% deserves to be roasted. Just check out his interview with Dalton Ross at EW ...

EW: Give us your take on Brenda pressuring Dawn to take out her teeth at the final Tribal Council. Obviously she was extremely hurt over Dawn voting her out, but that was a game move, while this came off as purely personal and humiliation for humiliationís sake.
PROBST: I didnít see it that way. It had been mere days since Brenda had been blindsided and she was clearly smarting. Brenda was making a very strong point and I felt it was relevant. Dawn was so distraught she said she would take herself out of the game before she would let anyone see her without her teeth. So Brenda asked if it was true, would she have taken herself out of the game? If Dawn had said yes, Brenda would have said then you donít deserve to win. But instead Dawn said she would not have pulled her out of the game even if they never found her teeth. So Brenda asked her to prove it. As a jury member with a million dollar vote ó I felt it was appropriate. Uncomfortable? Yes. But humiliation for humiliations sake? I donít feel the same.

No wonder Probst browbeat Dawn into apologizing to Brenda while refraining from even ASKING Brenda if she was sorry for the teeth thing at FTC. In other news, Probst is an asshole.

EW: I have to assume that the reward challenge we saw was originally going to be an immunity challenge until Erik got pulled from the game. But why not just have the reward be food or something? You know how much I hate giving advantages for the final immunity challenge because I firmly believe everyone should be on equal footing for the most important challenge of the season. Convince me that Iím wrong, Jeff.
PROBST: Hereís the thing ó if you produced the show it would be very different. Maybe more successful, maybe less. If I wrote your column maybe more people would read it, maybe less. Bottom line ó thatís the decision we made and I can tell you that we will probably do it again. How ya like them apples?

Probst asshole status confirmed.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 15th 2013, 11:24 pm

From Facebook ...

Allie Pohevitz

Usually I don't go out of my way to make ranty type posts and comments, because honestly who gives a shit what I have to think, but with the amount of questions and comments and nasty things people are saying, I feel it necessary to speak my mind.. To the people saying they wouldn't have asked us questions anyway, that is quite obvious, and also NOT what we were complaining about. Being on a Fans vs Favorites season was amazing, and I would LITERALLY GIVE ANYTHING to go back. That being said, no one gave a shit about any of us from the get go.

There were 8 of us in the audience who flew out 6 family members a piece, made them pay money for hotel rooms which were not cheap. My personal issue, we were told to bring three outfit choices, I was told Saturday that two of my dresses would be an inch or two short because, sitting on the bleachers, and it being a live show and all they were worried about any accidents, and my third and favorite dress, was the same color as Franny, and since we would be sitting next to one another ON STAGE, I needed a new one. I then spent close to four hours panicking, driving around LA looking for a dress until 10 pm, and missed dinner with my family, who I harassed multiple times to be at a restaurant at 7pm.

Come Sunday afternoon, during mic check, we found out we would no longer be on stage. Corinne and myself being the only ones with mouths, shot back at Jeff and said how unfair it was and how our families didn't fly across the entire country, and spend thousands of dollars to watch the back of our heads. Later in the green room, Hope, Laura, and myself spoke with Jeff and told him that was complete bullshit. The excuse that there was not enough room on stage was completely irrelevant, especially when you take into consideration that everyone on stage moved over thinking we were sharing those bleachers in the first place, we also told him this, to which he just shook his head, gave us hugs and said he understood. Clearly, no, no he did not understand. Ask anyone who did get to sit on stage, they will tell you they agree with us, and not in a, "we are so sorry, sucks for you," kind of way, but in a genuine, heartfelt, "we are so sorry this is even possible," kind of way. Don't believe me, read Erik's interview..http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/survivor-caramoan-erik-reunion/2/

People who have quit the game have been brought back and sat on stage. People who didn't mean to be there in the first place, like half the people on stage Sunday, got to sit on stage. Erik and Shamar were medically evacuated, and no one cared to even pan a camera on them and say, how are you? I am not saying we wanted questions. Would that have been amazing? Absolutely. Would it have been nice to hear from 3 of the 4 people who actually applied for a seasons of Fans vs Favorites, instead of NONE? Yes.

We are not bitching because we didn't get questions. Do people care that Laura and I are moving to LA? No. That Hope is moving to NY? No. Matt has a new tattoo? No. We get that no one cares. But to feature a 12 year old (no matter how cute she may be) who couldn't form a coherent sentence, former contestants, who were 100% irrelevant, and also COMPLETELY homophobic, lets not act like you don't have to be PC because you said something remotely entertaining 13 years ago, and to not speak to Sherri, who was TIED FOR SECOND, not third like everyone kept thinking, Eddie who was 4th, and also one of peoples favorite players, Erik, who left 5th both games due to wildly different reasons,and Michael, who to be honest I am not sure how he didn't run down and choke Rudy, is absolute bullshit.

I love Brandon Hantz, I really do, but for 2/5s of the cast to be the only ones on stage because they were trying to divert attention away from him not being there, was a huge slap in the face, to not only Fran, Hope, Shamar, Laura, Matt, Julia, Corinne and myself, it was a slap to our families who gave up work, time, patience with us over the past few weeks, and the viewers, who unlike CBS care what happens to us. Also, you spelt my name wrong on the check, it's Alexandra...

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 16th 2013, 8:00 pm

Another excellent writeup on the main problems with Survivor now ...

http://truedorktimes.com/s26/recaps/e14.htm

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 17th 2013, 7:13 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 17th 2013, 7:57 am

i really liked this season, sure it had some hiccups, some of them mentioned in the article...but all in all, i don't know, i don't think i would of changed it...i was always entertained & invested and i like a majority of the players on both teams, soo to me not to shabby
i will agree about the reunion, it was horrible...and jeff has come across like quite the a**hole in interviews, but i just figured he was being pissy because his talk show got cx'd
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 17th 2013, 5:58 pm

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 17th 2013, 8:20 pm

is that eddie behind him??? lol...i thought it was jeff schroeder at first
whoever it was, he's kind of hot!
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 17th 2013, 8:22 pm

bergen wrote:
is that eddie behind him??? lol...i thought it was jeff schroeder at first
whoever it was, he's kind of hot!

Yes, that's Eddie.

For a split second when he first walked on screen I thought it was Jeff, too. lol

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 23rd 2013, 10:14 pm

JohnMCochran @JohnMCochran
I'm thrilled to announce that I'm going to be a writer on the new CBS sitcom "The Millers" (with Will Arnett, Margo Martindale, and more)!

Wow! congratulations to Cochhran, what a fantastic opportunity.
bravo
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14843
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   May 24th 2013, 3:10 pm

Oh wow, that's great. Congratulations to Cochran!!

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Caramoan - Finale   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Caramoan - Finale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: