View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35507
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 4:09 am

....and here is where Malcolm screwed himself. Denise was loyal to him the whole game, but it's probably pretty obvious to Denise that Malcolm wants her gone.
If Denise wins the final immunity, then she has every right to vote his ass out. I like Malcolm, but this was a dumb move. He would have beat everyone, including Denise if he had played it differently.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9246
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 11:26 am

agreed nancy
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14843
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 3:37 pm

I can't wait for the finale. I've enjoyed the season too.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 3:59 pm

Dumb move Malcolm!

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 5:09 pm

lovin wrote:
Dumb move Malcolm!

Yup!!
Oh well, Amy, maybe he will do much better on the next season!

I am already excited about tonight's finale...but it is going to be a LATE night for sure!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 5:37 pm

I'm so tired already Moe I don't even think I can stay awake for it all!! UGH!

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 6:29 pm

lovin wrote:
I'm so tired already Moe I don't even think I can stay awake for it all!! UGH!

I feel the same way, Amy!
I DVRd it just in case!
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 6:57 pm

Sixty Minutes just started ...

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 9:23 pm

Skupin is really full of himself!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 10:36 pm

ok, i had no idea what way that jury was going to go...thought they seemed really bitter with denise BUT LOVED that she won...
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 11:21 pm

Disappointing ending.

Denise won the season handily and the viewers have NO idea why - terrible storytelling.

I though that Lisa did the best job at the FTC - no tears, most jurors seemed to respect her and her game. When RC was shown voting for Lisa, I thought Lisa had won.

I absolutely HATED that bitter asshole Penner's antics at the FTC. It's one thing to play up to the cameras as he usually does but his petulant 'squealing' of Lisa's past from 25-30 years ago was PATHETIC. Penner has to know he screwed up his own game when he turned down a F3 offer at F6. Sorry asshole Penner, F6 is NOT too early for end game moves and strategies. He had ZERO reason to target Lisa so obviously and badly since he was voted out.

There is no reason for ABI to vote for Denise to win except for the existence of another jury house voting bloc. Denise got votes from someone she hated and who hated her, plus two other Tandangs who did not know Denise at all. I would NOT be surprised that Penner spilled the FactsofLife beans at the jury house, probably implying to the idiots in the bloc that Lisa was still rich from a sitcom from the eighties.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 16th 2012, 11:31 pm

I am so happy Denise won!! Woo Hoo
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 3:56 am

I thought it was a very satisfying season and finale.
Abi voted for Denise because she said she was sorry.
Penner sure looked good ( handsome) at the finale IMO.
I didn't think Lisa did that good at FTC... she rambles. She is a lovely person, but that doesn't mean she played the best game.

Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12115

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 4:59 am

I was ecstatic that Denise won! Finally, someone I felt deserved the win and she was very likable (to me). I couldn't believe how Malcolm was acting. She helped him the whole season and he waits till final four to dump her for the two that weren't there for him in the beginning. Bitter much. I like Malcolm but he needs to mature a bit for my taste.

Lisa is sweet and won fan favorite, nice for her. She is still very lovely.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 5:32 am

Now when will the spoilers come out about the 10 favorites for next season.We already know Malcolm,so who are the other 9???
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 5:42 am

Top cat wrote:
Now when will the spoilers come out about the 10 favorites for next season.We already know Malcolm,so who are the other 9???

Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia
Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 5:57 am

Thanks....
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 6:00 am

Oh just shoot me now seeing Hantz on the show...he's so annoying!

I'm fine with Denise winning, I was fine with any of them winning actually, but I was shocked that Denise was the final winner. Penner GROW THE FUCK UP!! Seriously, you trying to be like Sue did NOT work for you it made you look like a giant DOUCHE!

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 6:06 am

What I thought funny was the way Penner drilled and insulted Denise with the jury and when he voted he said she played a flawless game.I wanted Malcolm or Denise from the start.They both played hard to win in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 6:30 am

I'm thinking Penner meant the "bitch" comment as a compliment.
It meant she wasn't just a pushover and an appeaser.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 7:07 am

I am so happy Denise won! She deserved it. She ran with that vibe she got with Malcom about the F3 and going to Lisa proved to be her million dollar move. Malcom played a really good game but it was a total mistake before immunity was even played to show Denise he may not have her back.

I don't care who thinks who was/is bitter, it was the right result regardless. I really enjoyed Lisa, she got a bit overwhelmed sometimes but she really did great.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 8:35 am

i just love Penner...he played it up at FTC but i expected nothing less

Lisa won fan favorite really???? i did not expect that, i thought malcolm or penner...
well the whole season was about her ALOT so i guess i can see it

i don't remember most of those returning players for next season
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:21 am

oh question, did anyone else HATE that reward challenge that gave Malcolm the advantage in the FINAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE???? I say don't EVER mess with the final immunity challenge, leave it alone, NO ONE gets an advantage, just let them play it out
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:29 am

bergen wrote:
oh question, did anyone else HATE that reward challenge that gave Malcolm the advantage in the FINAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE???? I say don't EVER mess with the final immunity challenge, leave it alone, NO ONE gets an advantage, just let them play it out

If I was into manipulation and conspiracy... I would think it was set up just to give Malcolm an extra advantage.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 10:06 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
bergen wrote:

If I was into manipulation and conspiracy... I would think it was set up just to give Malcolm an extra advantage.
Ya, it reminded me of BB. (Rachel and Matt getting a Pandora's Box that gave them a game advantage for example. America's choice votes or Pandora's Box rewards should not give game advantages IMO.)

I was happy with Denise winning. I guess I would have been happy with any of the final four winning. Good season.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 10:27 am

Quote :
Abi voted for Denise because she said she was sorry.

Is this the same Denise whose first words of her opening statement were "I will not apologize to anyone" ?

Quote :
I didn't think Lisa did that good at FTC... she rambles. She is a lovely person, but that doesn't mean she played the best game.

Lisa rambled at the reunion but she did a great job at TC. She pointed out her big moves in targetting Malcolm post merge and eventually voting him out. She answered several jurors quite well, including asshole Penner. She explained her season-long strategies, including overcoming her internal turmoils (thanks to her bro).

Denise had a strong opening statement but then was left floundering during the questions.

Quote :
I'm thinking Penner meant the "bitch" comment as a compliment.
It meant she wasn't just a pushover and an appeaser.

I thought that was just part of asshole Penner's big Sue Hawk type speech. I wonder how many Survivor producers were involved with that scripted rant ?

I was expecting Malcolm to win FanFave but I think they gave it to Lisa since (a) they thought she deserved something for this season and (b) Malcolm got an invite to next season as his 'reward'.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 6:22 pm

I was happy with Denise winning. I thought she was a great player.

Jeff did say about the fan fav that it went back and forth between Malcolm and Lisa. I am glad Lisa won. She has a whole generation of people that watched her as we were growing up and were hoping she would do well. It didn't surprise me in the least that she won fan fav.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 7:19 pm

I would have been happy with any of them winning. A little part of me was hoping Lisa would win only because I loved the Facts of Life lol I know that isn't a good reason. I thought she did a good job answering questions.

Oh thanks Penner for reminding me why I didn't like you before. I wonder how much his reveal of Lisa's tv past hurt her with votes. And what is his tv past? I'm not sure if I ever knew he had a past or if I just forgot.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 7:40 pm

More post finale tidbits ...

Turns out Asshole Penner did NOT recognize Lisa all on his own, as was suggested by the edit. Denise immediately recognized Lisa, confirmed it while stuck in the mud with Lisa during the giant mudball RC, and then Denise told Asshole Penner shortly afterwards at Kalabaw's camp.

Lots of talk about the influence at Ponderosa. Asshole Penner was obviously campaigning against Lisa while Artis was leading the charge against Skupin. And Asshole Penner used the Blair secret while at Ponderosa as part of his campaign - the 'great reveal' at FTC was all a set up.

One of Asshole Penner's recent tweets shows him pissed off at a post-finale Probst interview where Probst criticized Asshole Penner's Blair reveal. According to Asshole Penner, Probst himself was involved with the 'great reveal' set up, encouraging Asshole Penner to save the 'great reveal' until his turn as designated last juror to speak.

Last edited by Hugh310 on December 17th 2012, 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 7:49 pm

yeah from reading arounf the net apparently artis hates skupin...don't know what that's all about but here is some of skupin's interview at ew.com

EW: I was going ask you to run votes in terms of the ones you thought you had and maybe didnít but you thought it was going to be a clean Skupin sweep!
The part I completely underestimated was Ponderosa. I knew it existed and I knew that you always worked those votes. I had someone in this game look me in this face and say, ďYou can vote me out tonight because youíre the swing vote, Skupin, but if you do, Iím going to go back to the jury and Iím going to poison, rob, pillage, steal, and Iím going to make sure that you donít get a single vote. I will lie. I will tell them what you said about their children and their wife. I will make stuff up and this game is not over.Ē He said, ďYou can beat me, but you will never win this game.Ē I thought, could that really be that big a part of this game? And you weigh that decision out ó this is like blackmail, and you have to play this game.

So to get back to your question about the jury votes, I thought for sure I had RC. RC and I had promised to give each other our vote if one of us was on the jury. So I thought for sure I had RC. I thought out of respect for the game and the returning players that Penner would have appreciated that I had the bullseye on my back from the beginning just like him. And then I thought for sure I potentially would have had Malcolm because the closer you get to the end of the game the more the sting there is of getting voted off. And because Denise betrayed their day one alliance and he had less than 24 hours to recover from the sting of that alliance-breaking decision, I would have thought he would have given it to Lisa or me. And the last one I thought I had was potentially Jeff Kent because he said to me on day one of the merge, ďSkupin, I hate returning players. But I hate Penner more than I hate you so enjoy the next three days out here. Weíll make them as comfortable as we can.Ē I thought that was crazy for him to say that to me because you canít tell someone your strategy like that.

I really thought there was a chance I could have gotten all of those votes. The only person I thought that wouldnít get a vote was Denise, and she ended up getting six! The game doesnít lie. She ended up getting the votes because thatís the way they were feeling at that moment in time. If we had voted an hour later, two hours later, a day later, the vote could have been totally different. But at that time I was responsible for more people sitting on that jury and she hadnít offended any of them.

EW: So you clearly think the group think and peer pressure at Ponderosa is responsible for your loss.
Itís a part of the game Iím still trying to figure out. Because on the surface anyone can figure out Ponderosa, but to understand it at its core and control something where youíre not even there. You could put seven people that love you and want to make babies with you on the jury and one person could óIím not saying it did ó but could offset the whole thing. So itís a part of the game that is probably the most complex. I will go on record as saying there is more game played at the jury at Ponderosa than on the island itself.

EW: Well, letís talk about someone that was at Ponderosa ó Artis. That guy hates you, Mike. He hates you!
Artis and I have not spoken a syllable since we left the island. Since he left the island back in March. I looked at Artis, and I didnít see any of the confessionals, and I thought there was a chance I could get his vote because I had an alliance with Artis early in the game, And that dude is one angry person. We were in dress rehearsals for the Reunion and he and Probst went at it! I read the interviews and he says supposedly I know what I did. I canít imagine. He didnít talk! Post-merge, I donít think he said five words to me.

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 7:51 pm

also i read that lisa will be doing some co-hosting on jeff probst's talk show

EW: Well, itís always great when fans like you and Malcolm do well and make it far in the game. It just seems to mean more when it is someone whose dream it is to play this game, as opposed to someone who was just found by casting in a bar and has no real connection and history with the show.
Well, thank you, and the great part is that it hasnít really ended and the dream has not stopped because I got to play Survivor and now Iím actually going to be doing some co-hosting on Jeffís talk show for the next couple of weeks. So the prizes just keep coming. Weíre going to try out a little co-hosting and see how that works so Iím gong to try a handful of shows with him this week that will air in January. We really did have some good back and forth at Tribal Council. It felt right, and it was fun and easy and hopefully we can bring that to his talk show too.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 8:02 pm

Even more tidbits ...

During a podcast with Cesternino, Lisa OWNED Fishbach by teasing him about at least getting one vote to win, unlike Fishbach in Tocantins. Fishbach has a weekly blog in People magazine where he has basically trashed Lisa every week. Lisa probably read several of these blogs and this was just a small payback.

Apparently Swan is still angry and holding grudges to this day about his exit from the game that happened way back in May/June. Denise has interviewed that Swan has rebuffed any and all communications from her. Malcolm has confirmed that Swan was a giant stick in the mud during the finale activities who shunned pretty much everyone.

Interestingly, Swan tweeted to his old Galu buddy Dave Ball (who attended the finale with fellow ex-Galu Laura Morett) that 'the game was still going on' in the green room (while the show was going on just before the vote reveal and reunion).

Apparently there is still a boatload of bad blood between many players. Angie and Roxy. Artis and Skupin. Lisa and Asshole Penner. RC and Pete. RC and Abi. Swan and pretty much everyone else.

At least the F4 seem to get along great. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 8:25 pm

Geez, too bad we can't see any of this.

I had no idea Artis hated Skupin.

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:02 pm

From Zap2It ...

Q Were you surprised that the players polled by Jeff at the reunion show said wouldn't have voted for you in the finals?

Malcolm No, because they would have. Pete and Carter planned it backstage beforehand to throw Probst off. We knew this question was going to come up -- the hypothetical. Pete and Carter said, "Hey, when Probst asks that question, we're not going to raise our hands. And then Penner was walking by, [and said], "Ooh, I like that! I'm in." It was hilarious.

Last edited by Hugh310 on December 17th 2012, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:08 pm

catty wrote:
Geez, too bad we can't see any of this.

I had no idea Artis hated Skupin.

The reason for the hate was a 'big secret' during Artis' post-boot interviews.

And now today on twitter he has been teasing the 'big reveal' all day - draggin' it out to extend his 15 minutes ... Rolling Eyes

And I just thought of another tidbit - apparently Artis and Probst got into it a bit during the rehearsals Sunday afternoon for the vote reveal / reunion.

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:14 pm

Well let me know "the big secret" when he reveals it.

Oh, did anyone besides the one girl know Jeff was a professional baseball player?

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:15 pm

catty wrote:
Oh, did anyone besides the one girl know Jeff was a professional baseball player?

Not that I know of ...

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 9:38 pm

geez they all didn't seem like this on the show...even at ponderosa, i mean they are seemed upset still but not all this hate
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 10:39 pm

I met alot of past Survivors at a Survivor reunion party in Florida, years ago. I was so surprised that alot of them still had bad feelings about the game, and still held grudges. In fact, some of them were afraid a few fights were gonna break out. This was years after their seasons were over.

At least in Big Brother, they seem to let bygones be bygones, for the most part.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   December 17th 2012, 11:29 pm

Wow, thanks for all of the after-show tidbits! Eye-opening, to say the least. I was so surprised that Penner did that to Lisa at tribal. Overall, a good season and a satisfying ending - I was happy for Denise and glad Lisa won the fan prize.

PostSubject: Re: Finale! - Million Dollar Question   

Back to top Go down

Finale! - Million Dollar Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: