Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35538
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Top Chef Seattle   November 13th 2012, 4:52 pm

I forgot this started! I watched it On Demand this afternoon.
I haven't got a feel for anyone just yet... except the "coming up this season" previews should the older chef being a jerk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   November 13th 2012, 4:54 pm

Article from LA Times

Season 10 of Bravo's "Top Chef" premiered Wednesday night without a bang. Twenty-one contestants visited four of the judges' restaurants: There were no crazy ingredients, extreme weather conditions or impossible cook-from-a-vending-machine challenges. And it was incredibly refreshing.

This season takes place in Seattle, but in order to get there, the contestants had to pass basic tests to earn their chef's coats. Chef Tom Colicchio brought his team into his Craft kitchen to see how they performed during a real night of service with a kitchen staff; Emeril Lagasse challenged his group with making soup at his restaurant Table 10; handsome uni-brow-donning chef Hugh Acheson tasked his contestants to create salads at Empire State South; and new judge Wolfgang Puck, who proved a bit of a softy, asked his chefs to cook an omelet at Cut.

It's too soon to tell who will be the last man, or woman standing, but it's never too early to give the contestants some hard-earned nicknames. Chef Joshua Valentine is now "the 'Stache," for his gnarly mustache with curved tips; Kristen Kish is now "Twiggy" for her model background -- and can we just pause for a second to mention how annoying -- and by annoying I mean pure-green-jealousy-inducing -- it is to see a hot model working it in the kitchen? Carla Pellegrino is aptly named "Hot Mess," for her nonstop cursing and mini flip-outs; Bart Vanaele, the tall Belgian with the accent is now "Knight" -- he happens to be a real one; and contestant Gina Keatley earned herself the nickname "Type A," but unfortunately didn't make it to Seattle. Too bad, because she could have definitely been Hot Mess No. 2.

Next week, Gail Simmons and Padma Laskshmi return, and the remaining 15 chefs hit Seattle. I know the basic challenges were only a tease, and the chefs will be thrown into the impossible challenges the show is known for, but it was fun to watch budding chefs do their thing, without the theatrics.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9262
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   November 13th 2012, 6:01 pm

i watched it and really enjoyed the first episode...i didn't get a feel for anyone also but i liked the challenges they had to perform to get on this season...also i really liked wolfgang puck...correct me if i am wrong but doesn't he have a reputation of being a bit of a hot head??? as the article above stated he was a little bit of a softy and quite funny
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   November 14th 2012, 5:55 pm

just saw a commercial for tonights episode, apparently there are 3 returning chefs on tonight...stefan was one of them, i don't know in what capacity they are returning though

this is from the bravo site:
Well, hello, old friends!

As you can see from the above photo, Top Chef alum Stefan Richter, Josie Malave and CJ Jacobsen will be back on tonight's episode. Padma's got a big old smile on her face introducing them to the current cheftestants -- but why?

Let's just say that there's a twist you've never seen before in Top Chef history, and that Stefan's cockiness has only grown since his time on the show where he just barely lost out on the TC title. Oh, and someone says he looks like a thumb -- but we digress. The twist is sure to shake things up in the Top Chef world, and you'll just have to tune in tonight to see what it's all about.

Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 15009
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 10th 2013, 4:42 pm

I have been enjoying this season a lot. Maybe because I can see the final 2 or 3 being women. Kristen and Brooke are doing really really good. And Lizzie sometimes too. I hope I don't speak too soon and one is eliminated next week.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 10th 2013, 4:44 pm

catty wrote:
I have been enjoying this season a lot. Maybe because I can see the final 2 or 3 being women. Kristen and Brooke are doing really really good. And Lizzie sometimes too. I hope I don't speak too soon and one is eliminated next week.

Just as long as it isn't Josie. She drives me up the wall. Stefan seems nicer this season. For a while there I thought he was sweet on Kristen.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 10th 2013, 5:26 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
catty wrote:

Just as long as it isn't Josie. She drives me up the wall. Stefan seems nicer this season. For a while there I thought he was sweet on Kristen.

i'm really enjoying this season also...loving the ladies...have you beein watching last chance kitchen also?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 10th 2013, 5:59 pm

bergen wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
catty wrote:

i'm really enjoying this season also...loving the ladies...have you beein watching last chance kitchen also?

Off and on... CJ sure seems like Tom's favorite
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 10th 2013, 6:26 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
bergen wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
catty wrote:

Off and on... CJ sure seems like Tom's favorite

yeah, tom LOVES CJ...haven't watched yet to see if Micah won or not...also I think there is some vote to bring a favorite chef back aslo
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 10th 2013, 8:31 pm

I haven't been watching Last Chance Kitchen. Josie drives me crazy too. I won't mind if she leaves next week.

I think Kristen is so pretty.

I'm actually liking Stefan this season too. He's funny.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 16th 2013, 10:30 pm

I'm pissed!!! happy for the winner, i do like him, but who went home, I am pissed!
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 16th 2013, 10:46 pm

Kristen was my favorite.Josie should have gone home.I just watch last chance kitchen....
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3312
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 16th 2013, 11:18 pm

Just caught this season for the first time tonight. Oh, how I wish that Josie was the one to leave. She was making me mad the whole time.

Nancy, you mentioned that you thought that Stefan seemed sweet on Kristen...oh yes, I think so from how he hugged on her tonight on her way out. Right?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 17th 2013, 7:51 am

yes stefan seemed to really like kristen...who wouldn't she is so pretty.

can we just talk about stefan...how hysterical was he at the front of the house...i was cracking up when he was trying to get people to leave
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 17th 2013, 9:18 am

so last chance kitchen...YES!!!!!

but i am a little confused about this vote they have going on also...is the winner going back onto the show or back on to last chance kitchen????
because witht his vote, i am afriad we will never get rid of CJ
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 17th 2013, 1:44 pm

I spoke too soon. I was hoping Josie would leave.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 24th 2013, 9:09 am

Finally!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 24th 2013, 9:23 am

I know and she lost in Top Chef Kitchen also!!!!
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 24th 2013, 11:19 am

Alleluia,she really is clueless....
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 24th 2013, 1:24 pm

so who's everyone rooting for...i really like all of them that are left, i adore sheldon, and the ladies, especially Brooke are great to...even stefan i like, i know he is a little rough around the edges but he makes me laugh...i don't really care for the bacon dude, he seems catty...

also let's not forget who comes back, which i am sure will be either Kristen or CJ
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 24th 2013, 2:38 pm

Thank goodness she's gone. She should have left a long time ago.

I hope one of the women win or Sheldon. I like Stefan too, but I'm not sure how strong of a competitor he's been this season.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 24th 2013, 4:36 pm

I think Kristen is going to come back from ''Last Chance Kitchen'' and win it all..She should never have been eliminated.JMO
Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 25th 2013, 6:00 am

I can't believe that Kristen got eliminated but hopefully she will be back. So happy Josie finally is out of there it should have been weeks ago IMO.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 25th 2013, 9:01 am

swissy1111 wrote:
I can't believe that Kristen got eliminated but hopefully she will be back. So happy Josie finally is out of there it should have been weeks ago IMO.

I agree. I caught Watch What Happens the episode after she was eliminated and she said, just wait and watch. Now, that could have been about her winning Last Chance Kitchen against CJ, but she was really upbeat in the phone interview. I suspect she comes back and wins the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   January 25th 2013, 9:36 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
swissy1111 wrote:

I agree. I caught Watch What Happens the episode after she was eliminated and she said, just wait and watch. Now, that could have been about her winning Last Chance Kitchen against CJ, but she was really upbeat in the phone interview. I suspect she comes back and wins the whole thing.

I have thought from the beginning,Kristen wins the whole thing.Gail and the others have drop a few hint's about only 1 woman so far winning.I think the judges eliminated her for the story line.It's all in their control anyway.She is the best they have.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 7th 2013, 9:55 am

aw, i was sad to see lizzie go last night, i was hoping both her and brooke would make it to the end...I do love sheldon also
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 7th 2013, 2:16 pm

Me too. As much as I like Sheldon, I thought he should have left because it sounded like they didn't like his bread or salmon. With Lizzie they liked her bread, but not the salmon. Either way, I hope Kristen returns. I would have been happier if Josh had left instead.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 7th 2013, 3:39 pm

catty wrote:
Me too. As much as I like Sheldon, I thought he should have left because it sounded like they didn't like his bread or salmon. With Lizzie they liked her bread, but not the salmon. Either way, I hope Kristen returns. I would have been happier if Josh had left instead.

i totally forgot about last chance kitchen and Kristen returning!!!!
though i will say, i am really liking brooke and it will be hard to choose between her and kristen if they are both in the finale
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 7th 2013, 4:23 pm

Yes, we need a female winner this year!

I didn't make a separate thread, but is anyone watching " The Taste" ?
I can't believe that Anthony Bourdain is behaving himself.. lol
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3312
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 7th 2013, 5:12 pm

Yes, Nancy, I am watching "The Taste." I really like it. The concept is great!
Who is the Malarkey guy?

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 14th 2013, 1:53 pm

Yay for Brooke and Sheldon!

I don't watch Last Chance Kitchen so I checked on twitter to see who won and nobody will know until next week on Top Chef. I did read that it's between Kristen and Lizzie. I hope a woman wins, but Sheldon is so sweet to not root for also. I'll be happy for him if he ends up winning.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 14th 2013, 2:58 pm

I'll be glad with any of those four as a winner, but I hope it will be Brooke. She has done really well and I think she is the best one. Kristen is getting a little touch of the big head.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 14th 2013, 6:13 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I'll be glad with any of those four as a winner, but I hope it will be Brooke. She has done really well and I think she is the best one. Kristen is getting a little touch of the big head.

agree nancy...i really like Brooke and hope she can pull out the win
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 21st 2013, 11:09 am

Well.. we will have a female winner this year.. Brooke vs Kristin.
From the previews it looks like it's almost an Iron Chef type of contest... in an arena setting.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 21st 2013, 1:48 pm

ah man, i have to go with Brooke, i'm sure kristin is great, but i have really grown to like brooke!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 21st 2013, 2:45 pm

I'm loving this final 2. I loved Sheldon too. Great season this time around. I voted for Brooke in the fan fave.

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 26th 2013, 1:57 pm

Brooke and Kristen will be on WWHL after the TC finale on Wednesday. Fan favorite will be revealed then too.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 27th 2013, 9:41 pm

i am loving this finale!!!! and paul is there, i love paul

i am team brooke, but i like kristen's assistants
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 27th 2013, 10:10 pm

I loved Kristen and Brooke..I am very happy Kristen won though....
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   February 28th 2013, 5:02 am

Sheldon won fan favorite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Seattle   

Back to top Go down