View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 15th 2012, 6:43 am

Figured I might as well start a new thread for this week. I'm looking forward to seeing all of these new-to-DWTS dances they had to pick for each other. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 15th 2012, 5:40 pm

I am very excited for the show tonight....oh hell who am I foolin I'm excited every week!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 12:11 am

Great show tonight! Loved seeing Paula and hearing her critiques and affirmations. So many really good dances tonight. However, unfortunately, I think it's going to be Sabrina/Louie who go home tomorrow night. I don't think they have as big a fan base as a few others have. I am not a Bristol fan, but thought they did a good job tonight. I admired her for telling Mark no to the bunny suit and that she didn't want to be the butt of anyone's jokes. It shows she is serious about this competition, as are the others. It all comes down to the fans, as it has since season1!

I also want to comment that I think Brook is doing a fantastic job this season. She seems so at ease, makes appropriate comments to the dancers and asks them good questions. I also think her dresses have been beautiful this season...lovely colors on her.

Also, Melissa has a gorgeous home!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 6:09 am

My favs of the night...of course Derek and Shawn KILLED it AGAIN! Giles and Peta were good, he just seems smug to me. I enjoyed Sabrina and Louie. Melissa and Tony I love them and they look like they are having the best time EVER! Apollo and Karina, it was not good at all IMO and the scores were FAR too high. Val and Kelly...beautiful! They are totally banging LOL!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 11:15 am

This is such a killer season. Pretty much ALL of them are doing a great job. Unbelievable the level they are at!

I am really torn on who I want to win at this point. I love Kelly and Val (and agree, there is sumthin' going on there). I really like Apollo, but dislike Karina. I love Maks, but Kirstie is not really who should win, IMO. Derek and Shawn are amazing, but I think they have an advantage in both age, and physical ability going into this.

I think I am rooting for Melissa and Tony. I love, love, love Tony. And I love how happy he is that he finally got a really good partner (he has sure has his share of duds, and was always such a gentleman about it). And, Tony has never won, so I think I would like to see him and Melissa win at this point.

I am not at all impressed by Emmitt and I think Sabrina does a better job than he does. Plus, I don't really like Cheryl (loved when Val whispered to Kelly that Cheryl is a bitch) LOL
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 11:35 am

I don't especially love Cheryl either. I know she had a lot of early success on DWTS, but it doesn't seem like she's really pushing Emmitt this time around (unless he's the one saying no to things). Their dance last night was all about her, imo. I was happy to see Melissa and Tony go hard at it, even though they had that one mistake.

That's what makes it hard to watch Bristol, because she isn't willing to push as hard as all of the others, it seems. Even Kirstie, who lacks talent as Bristol does, seems to give it her all and even did some lift-type moves last night (not to mention that she's 60+ and doing that).

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 11:44 am

I agree about Bristol. I don't follow American politics, and really don't know anything about this 'tea party' thing. But it does seem that Bristol could just stand in the middle of the floor and not move and she wouldn't get voted off. The girl has such a dud personality, I just don't get what people see in her.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 7:12 pm

OMG if you don't think something is going on with Val and Kelly did you just watch the beginning of the show? He was kissing her neck backstage. They are stunning together!

Spoiler:

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 7:40 pm

Speaking of couples, does anyone know if Peta and Maks are still dating? Now, they make a beautiful couple!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 7:42 pm

Not sure ebowers.

Spoiler:

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 16th 2012, 8:05 pm

Spoiler:

Team dances are gonna be great!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 17th 2012, 12:46 am

Well, that was awkward! Bristol/Mark just standing there-not picked. How many can remember in school not getting picked for a team and feeling like @^&*? And these two go through this on tv!! One of our local stations had a reporter in L.A. on the DWTS set, as they do every Tuesday, to interview the eliminated couple. She said Bristol was so upset afterwards she couldn't be interviewed, so she talked to only Mark. Sometimes, I get so frustrated with these reality shows and their drama.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 17th 2012, 9:33 am

Hearing that, I am glad she is gone. You can't even talk to reporters, like an adult, because you were eliminated from a reality show? Then you have no business being there. Everyone but 1 couple gets eliminated (or doesn't win) - do they go off and cry and not talk to reporters?

I think she is just an immature girl who has no right to be thrust into the spotlight. She is extremely shy, and she should just stay out of the public limelight - it truly is not for her. What is her claim to fame anyway? Being the pregnant daughter of a presidential candidate?

I think Bristol is a beautiful girl, and probably very sweet - but she needs to find another path.
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1927
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 17th 2012, 6:53 pm

Schooner wrote:
Hearing that, I am glad she is gone. You can't even talk to reporters, like an adult, because you were eliminated from a reality show? Then you have no business being there. Everyone but 1 couple gets eliminated (or doesn't win) - do they go off and cry and not talk to reporters?

They were on Jimmy Kimmel last night after the show. Mark said in the press interviews he did alone that she was busy getting ready for it. She seemed in good spirits to me. I liked Mark and Bristol.

This is the first time i've tuned into this show for some reason and i'm really enjoying it. I think the Bollywood dance this week was my favorite. The titanium performance last night was amazing! I find Kirstie hilarious - i hope she sticks around. I know people were upset that Bristol was on the show, but i honestly thought she did a fine job. She wasn't the best performer out there but she looked like she was matching Mark step for step this week.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 17th 2012, 7:33 pm

NickelPickle wrote:
Schooner wrote:

They were on Jimmy Kimmel last night after the show. Mark said in the press interviews he did alone that she was busy getting ready for it. She seemed in good spirits to me. I liked Mark and Bristol.

This is the first time i've tuned into this show for some reason and i'm really enjoying it. I think the Bollywood dance this week was my favorite. The titanium performance last night was amazing! I find Kirstie hilarious - i hope she sticks around. I know people were upset that Bristol was on the show, but i honestly thought she did a fine job. She wasn't the best performer out there but she looked like she was matching Mark step for step this week.

I agree!!!! She wasn't my favorite, but i do think she gets a bad rap because of her mom. Oh my gosh the hate out there for her. That's the only thing I can think of why so much hate. There are many others who are not as good as others, but people don't hate on them...just Bristol!! I think that's maybe why no interview with our reporter in Phx. I think the hate just gets to her. I know it would me!! She's young yet, too. She is still probably trying to work on things at her young age. Karina cried on Monday.

Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14721
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 21st 2012, 8:20 pm

OMG...Val and Kelly are totally doing it. The chemistry they have when they are dancing is sizzling.

I liked Shawn, Kelly, and Sabrina this week.
Apollo wasn't too good this week.

Although Bristol has improved so much from her previous season, I'm still glad she left this week.

I hope Maks/Kirstie or Emmit/Cheryl leave this week. Or wait, is it a non elimination week this week?

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 21st 2012, 8:37 pm

This week is a non elimination week, the votes from this week count towards next week, all due to the Presidential Debate tomorrow night.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 21st 2012, 9:02 pm

Melissa was injured and rushed to the hospital during camera blocking today. I hope she's ok and will be able to compete!

Number of posts : 14721
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 21st 2012, 9:14 pm

Oh gosh, I hope she's okay.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17284
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 21st 2012, 9:15 pm

Oh no, I hope she's OK!! What does camera blocking mean? I know she tweeted earlier that she won't be dancing on Monday, her and Tony will be the first dance on Tuesday. There's two nites of dancing this week with no elimination. Each episode is 1hr. long due to the presidential debate.

Former Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital Sunday afternoon after suffering a head and neck injury during rehearsals for Monday's Dancing with the Stars episode.

"Melissa was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where she is currently being examined," Rycroft's rep tells PEOPLE. "She was accompanied to the hospital by her husband, Tye Strickland, and her dance partner, Tony Dovolani. Everyone is taking all necessary precautions at this time."

Rycroft fell while doing camera blocking for Monday's group number at CBS studios.

She is one of eight remaining celebrities competing on the all-stars edition of the ballroom dance competition.

There is no word on whether Rycroft will be able to compete on Monday, when the couples are expected to dance twice, performing an individual routine and a team freestyle routine.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20641183,00.html
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 21st 2012, 9:38 pm

Tony Dovolani ‏@TonyDovolani

Really concerned about @MelissaRycroft..... we don't know if we are dancing tomorrow !!!!! Please keep us in your prayers #trouper
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 22nd 2012, 12:32 am

Jack'd wrote:

Really concerned about @MelissaRycroft..... we don't know if we are dancing tomorrow !!!!! Please keep us in your prayers #trouper

That's too bad. Didn't that happen to her last time she was on or am I thinking of someone else?/ NM...I was thinking of Chyna Philips. I hope she and Tony will be able to dance tomorrow. I like these two!!

Last edited by ebowers on October 22nd 2012, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 22nd 2012, 6:02 am

ebowers wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

That's too bad. Didn't that happen to her last time she was on or am I thinking of someone else?/ NM...I was thinking of Chyna Philips. I hoe she and Tony will be able to dance tomorrow. I like these two!!

Yes this happened to her before when she had a broken rib, they gave her something for the pain and she had a reaction and couldn't breath....it happened during the team numbers then. I hope she's ok and can dance!! This sucks for her and Tony!

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 22nd 2012, 8:25 am

Jack'd wrote:
Oh no, I hope she's OK!! What does camera blocking mean?
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20641183,00.html

Jack'd - camera blocking is when they run through their dance on the floor to let the crew get the correct camera angles, etc for the live show.

If I am not mistaken, weren't they judged on a practice dance in her other season, because she couldn't dance on the night of competition?

I really like them as a pair and hope this doesn't hinder her going forward. I think she pushes herself so hard on the tricky stuff, no wonder she gets hurt! No fear.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 22nd 2012, 11:16 am

Thanks Schooner and I agree, she wants to push the envelope all the time.

Here's an update from Melissa

Melissa Rycroft
Thank you so much for sending your prayers..still seeing and talking to docs this AM, will give more details soon, but thanks for your love!
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 22nd 2012, 4:37 pm

What happened to Melissa Rycroft?

The Dancing with the Stars contestant was rushed to an L.A. hospital Sunday after injuring herself while rehearsing a group number for Monday's show and now video of the accident is available.

In footage taken during the rehearsal, Rycroft's partner, Tony Dovolani, jumps over Rycroft and then pulls her by her arms between his legs along the ballroom floor. When she pops up, she immediately puts a hand to her neck, grimaces and cries out in pain. Later, she's also seen on the floor wiping tears away and holding her neck.

"Melissa Rycroft suffered an on-set injury during Sunday's camera blocking rehearsal and was immediately taken to the hospital," a rep tells PEOPLE. "We can confirm Melissa was diagnosed with a disc herniation at the C4-C5 level of her cervical spine. At this time, Melissa's ability to perform in tonight's show will be a show time decision."

The footage also shows Rycroft, 29, strapped to a stretcher while wearing a head and neck brace and being carried away in a Los Angeles Fire Department ambulance.

Rycroft is one of the eight remaining all-star contestants competing on the show.

There is a video of her getting hurt - http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20641290,00.html
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   October 22nd 2012, 5:10 pm

I think she'll perform....or atleast I hope she will.

PostSubject: Re: Oct. 15th & 16th episodes   

Back to top Go down

Oct. 15th & 16th episodes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: