MEET THE CAST -

Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   September 21st 2012, 10:08 pm

Lisa Whelchel Divorce: 'Survivor' And 'Facts Of Life' Star Leaves Husband After 24 Years

Lisa Whelchel, current "Survivor: Philippines" contestant and former "Facts of Life" star, has divorced her husband of 24 years.

Whelchel revealed that she and her husband, pastor Steve Cauble, quietly divorced back in March.

"The divorce was final on March 1, and [I] went out to be on Survivor on March 10," Whelchel tells People magazine. "Going out to Survivor was helpful for me, to divert my attention and not just dwell on the loss."

"I just never thought it would happen to me," she added. "It was painful to realize that it wasn't going to work out."

E! News confirmed Whelchel's divorce, but added that she and her 61-year-old ex remain good friends.

Whelchel, who is a devout Christian, first met Cauble at a prayer group in 1986. The two worked together in Christian ministry ever since "The Facts of Life" ended in 1988. Whelchel is a Christian author and speaker, and she has publicly spoken about both her faith and her marriage, according to Yahoo! TV. In her memoir, "The Facts of Life," the actress discussed falling in love with Cauble and how the unexpected relationship developed over time.

"Survivor" is her first foray back into the limelight.

Prior to revealing she and Cauble, 61, divorced, Whelchel took to her personal website to discuss her experience on "Survivor."

When responded to the question of whether it was "fun" being a contestant on "Survivor," Whechel wrote: "I don’t think 'fun' is the word I would use to describe my experience. Those days on the island were the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. It pushed me to my extreme limits physically, mentally, spiritually, and especially, emotionally. I’m so very grateful for the opportunity and I’m so glad I did it but I think it’s like childbirth…I may need to put a few years behind me and some perspective in front of me before I would ever consider doing it again."

Whelchel is best known for her role as wealthy Blair Warner on the 80s sitcom "The Facts of Life." Now, she can be seen on the 26th season of CBS' "Survivor" competing against fellow castaways in the Philippines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/lisa-whelchel-divorce-divorced-survivor-steve-cauble_n_1903062.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   September 22nd 2012, 3:39 pm

I was thinking to myself that's a huge age difference, lol, but then I realized I was picturing her as a teenage Blair.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   October 21st 2012, 8:56 am

Survivor's Dana Lambert: Leaving Due to Illness Was 'Heartbreaking'

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20641126,00.html
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   December 12th 2012, 5:34 pm

Who is Returning for Season 26 -

Yep, more returning players! Find out who they are!
Survivor 26 Cast Spoilers

Survivor 25′s finale is upon us (it airs Sunday night on CBS) and fans are now looking to see what Season 26 has in store for us.

You may or may not have already heard (via internet spoilers), but there are going to be a slew of returning players next season. Normally I would moan and groan at this (as CBS is on a repetitive roll of recycling cast members) but most of the players they’re bringing back are kind of the misfits of Survivor. I like misfits. Rumor has it that the season is going to be “Fans vs. Favorites,” but this has not yet been confirmed. Also rumored, is that the season will be named Survivor: Caramoan.

Returning castaway are as follows:

Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites
Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines

Malcolm, who made the Final 5 of Survivor Philippines is a favorite to win Season 25, but since he is returning next season, my guess is he is NOT the sole Survivor of the Philippines. Have we ever seen anyone play back-to-back seasons on Survivor? I think Probst has a woody for Malcolm.

I’m most excited for Phillip, Dawn and Cochran to return, because as human beings, I just freaking adore those three. I’m a little shocked that Brandon Hantz is returning, I guess the love affair between CBS and The Hantz’s is all but dead. Hmph. I’m sure he’ll be a trainwreck again because he’s a trainwreck in real life. You know this if you’re connected with him on Facebook. Oh, Nelly.

http://www.realitynation.com/tv-shows/survivor/26-spoilers/24521/
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   December 20th 2012, 8:29 pm

Lisa Whelchel Shares Her Post-Survivor Plans

She didn't win the million dollars, but Lisa Whelchel still cleaned up on Survivor: Philippines.

After tying for second place with Mike Skupin (prize money for the tie: $87,500), she received an extra $100,000 for being crowned the player of the season – an award chosen by the viewers. Plus: she also received an extra $10,000 for attending the live finale. But Whelchel tells PEOPLE that the experience may have done more than just line her pocketbook.

"I didn't really go into Survivor to restart my career," says Whelchel. "I loved the game, and I wanted to play it. That really was my sole reason. I wanted the adventure. I'm really thankful that there were people out there who liked how I played it. It's very flattering."

When she was named runner-up on Sunday's episode, Whechel wasn't surprised. "I really didn't think I'd win," she says. "I was realistic about my chances. I pretty much figured it would be a landslide for Denise [Stapley], and I'm so happy for her."

After 24 years out of the public eye, Whelchel – who plans to tithe 10 percent of her prize money to her brother's church – has received several offers from producers. First off: she'll be a guest co-host for Jeff Probst's talk show next month. If all goes well, Whelchel says the opportunities could lead her to a regular gig. "I'd host," she says. "I'd do a sitcom. Really, I've got a lot opportunities."

But don't expect her to compete on an upcoming Survivor season – at last not anytime soon.

"Oh, wow. It was so hard, and I loved being out there, but it's way too early to think about playing again," Whelchel says. "Playing Survivor is like childbirth: it's hard and painful, but ultimately rewarding. So who knows? But for now, let's see what else is out there for me!"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20658043,00.html
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3270
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   December 22nd 2012, 7:52 pm

Lisa Whelchel
Oh my goodness, look what I just found. Me, at age 15, as a ventriloquist. So cute & embarrassing all at the same time. http://tinyurl.com/c5stpo8

[url=]

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Philippines Media   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Philippines Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: