View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   August 22nd 2012, 9:45 pm

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/827737/battle-of-the-seasons-trailer.jhtml#id=1692237

Sept 19th
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   August 23rd 2012, 1:50 am

I saw the commercial during Teen Mom and it looks pretty good. I can't believe Trishelle is going to be on! Her season was forever ago. lol But she looks fabulous.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   September 18th 2012, 11:26 am

They released the first 18 minutes:

http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/?p=136928
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   October 10th 2012, 4:31 pm

big easy blog about losing weight

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-banks/eric-banks-weight-loss_b_1952083.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14478
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   October 14th 2012, 8:35 pm

I've been watching.

I'm not sure I like many of the people. It's been nice seeing other people compete besides the usual crew.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1927
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   October 15th 2012, 4:05 pm

catty wrote:
I've been watching.

I'm not sure I like many of the people. It's been nice seeing other people compete besides the usual crew.

Me neither. Don't know who to cheer for. I find the newbies/vets thing kind of funny considering almost all of their seasons have been in the last few years. And that Trishelle and Alton are in the newbies alliance?

The very first battle of the seasons is one of my favorite challanges. These things have changed so much since then.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 8th 2012, 1:59 pm

Frank is really annoying. Zach is too.

I think I'm rooting for Team Brooklyn.

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 15th 2012, 3:54 pm

I was hoping CJ would beat Zach last night. I have this feeling SD is going to win it all. I don't mind the women on the team, but the men are yuck.

And did I hear right, Jonna said her ex blackmailed her into signing the papers to her car to him? What does he have on her that she would do that?

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 18th 2012, 1:22 pm

catty wrote:
I was hoping CJ would beat Zach last night. I have this feeling SD is going to win it all. I don't mind the women on the team, but the men are yuck.

And did I hear right, Jonna said her ex blackmailed her into signing the papers to her car to him? What does he have on her that she would do that?

That's what she said..she sounds like a bit of a mess. I would have rather seen Cancun stay as well.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 18th 2012, 2:33 pm

I've heard Zach and Frank on a few "Aftershows..."; I don't think I've ever disliked two cast members more, and I'm not even watching this season. Zach comes off worse, imo, because he tries to send a different image out there than what he actually is. He seems like quite a shady character though, and the drama he finds himself in is a bit... unsavory.

I think my problem with the challenges (and Real World in general) is that the characters are stale and lack depth. The original challenges had such engaging characters and weren't as focused on the same 5-6 constantly returning characters. It wasn't until Evan/Kenny's second season that I felt a really bad shift in the show. I don't think it's recovered yet. I think for the show to return to glory, they're gonna have to shift the focus of The Challenges and the main show itself from "party, party, party"; "fight, fight, fight"; "drama, drama, drama"; and "sex, sex, sex" to all those things in moderation with real characters, problems, depth, and growth. Just my .01.

Random thought: Is there a reason that MTV no longer uses people from the Hollywood season?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 18th 2012, 6:14 pm

I didn't know they did Aftershows for this. Thanks for letting me know.

I give them a little credit this season for not bringing back Kenny, Johnny Bananas, and the rest of that gang. The people they did bring back are not that interesting though. I bet this isn't the last we see of Frank and Zach unfortunately.

Not sure why they don't use anyone from the Hollywood season. Maybe they aren't interested in doing it. Is that the season that Joey was on? The one who later did Celeb Rehab?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 18th 2012, 7:21 pm

I have only watched maybe 2 episodes of this season, as much as I dislike Kenny, Johnny Bananas and some of the other "vets" I atleast "know" them this season I knew RW Austin and Vegas (with Alton and Trishelle) the rest ugh!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 18th 2012, 8:17 pm

Yeah, that's the one Joey was on (and MTV gave him a quick mention when they found out he passed). I remember the two replacements from Hollywood did a few challenges, and I think 3 of the original cast members from that season did as well, but they haven't been back on since.

Just to clarify, when I said "Aftershow," I was actually talking about "Afterbuzz" (though MTV is doing Aftershows for this season, just not as frequently). I think that web show covers most TV shows on the air at the moment. I only paid more attention to their lineup this year because Rach was doing Big Brother/TAR, so I stuck around a bit longer, lol, and happened to catch Zach/Jonna talking about one of the episodes. Zach was very unpleasant, bashed many of the cast members, and later on had some of his own dirt exposed (what he did at Vegas Bash).

What I find interesting about Frank, however, is how much he claims to have changed from his seasons, but he still acts like a fool. He picks people to bash all the time, and that includes calling one of his castmates gay (and the bashing that goes along with that lifestyle) while mocking that person's significant other (of the moment). I was flabbergasted.
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 19th 2012, 5:31 pm

Odin wrote:

I think my problem with the challenges (and Real World in general) is that the characters are stale and lack depth. The original challenges had such engaging characters and weren't as focused on the same 5-6 constantly returning characters. It wasn't until Evan/Kenny's second season that I felt a really bad shift in the show. I don't think it's recovered yet. I think for the show to return to glory, they're gonna have to shift the focus of The Challenges and the main show itself from "party, party, party"; "fight, fight, fight"; "drama, drama, drama"; and "sex, sex, sex" to all those things in moderation with real characters, problems, depth, and growth. Just my .01.

I would agree with this. The RW casting has been lacking for a while. There have been a few interesting personalities in recent seasons (some on Brooklyn and DC i thought) but i think they now cast with the intentions of who will bring the drama. The challenges went down hill around the time they ended Road Rules and started like you said featuring the same people. It was definitely a shift in the premise of the show and not a good one. I watch out of habit at this point.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 19th 2012, 7:21 pm

Ummmm...what dirt was exposed about Zach? I want to know lol. Anywhere I can read about it?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 20th 2012, 4:25 pm

I dunno about reading about it. I'd have to look. It's probably on Vevmo or something. I'll just recite what I remember.

Apparently, Zach got a little wild at Vegas Bash and slept with some girl from the reality show "Bad Girls Club." It was nothing but a fun time for him before he linked up with Jonna or whatever, but the "bad girl" was apparently very mad about it, bashed him on twitter, and then called into afterbuzz to bash him some more on a later episode.

The girl is pretty tactless... and classless. No shame whatsoever, so I was shocked he did anything with her.
-----

Did a quick search:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981696015
http://vevmo.com/f266/the-challenge-generic-thread-6026/index281.html
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 20th 2012, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go back and listen to a few of these afterbuzz shows.

Thank you for the links too. I was looking in the wrong thread at vevmo.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 25th 2012, 8:31 am

I'm sure a lot of you know who Puck is:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/24/puck-real-world-prison-stalking/
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   November 25th 2012, 6:18 pm

He was stalking someone? Puck is such a lost soul. It's sad that every time we hear about him, it's because of legal or criminal problems. I feel worse for the offspring he brought into the world because this is the example he's setting for them.

Isn't this guy also one of Dick's "good" friends?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   December 9th 2012, 3:27 pm

That's it, I think I dislike Frank and Zach more than any other two people on this challenge. Frank more. Not so much from this week, but all season...he's horrible.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   May 12th 2013, 9:29 pm

They just filming another season. They are doing a Rivals theme again. A lot of key people returning (Johnny, Wes, CT, Diem, Cara Mara, etc.)
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   May 12th 2013, 10:54 pm

I don't like Diem on these shows. I feel bad for saying that because what she's gone through in her life, but I don't. Maybe I'll like her this time.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   May 13th 2013, 6:58 pm

She JUST finished chemo and stuff.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   May 18th 2013, 2:26 pm

I was reading cast spoilers at vevmo and Paula is back. Were the lawsuits dropped? I mean she was suing MTV right?

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   May 23rd 2013, 10:06 pm

what was that about? i vaguely remember. was it about being sexually harassed? or was that tonya?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   May 24th 2013, 3:08 pm

Oh....you're right it was Tonya. Oops!

PostSubject: Re: MTV's Battle of the Seasons   

Back to top Go down

MTV's Battle of the Seasons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top