Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   April 2nd 2012, 5:01 pm

Shug wrote:
Well, I know I didn't dream it 4200. lol!

Maybe she changed her mind about teaching but she did say she was majoring in elementary education and working toward a BS degree in education. I remember it well because I'm a teacher and I was surprised and interested in what she was saying.

Dick talked about it too and was very proud of Danielle at the time. Some of it I heard on the Live Feeds when she was talking with other hg's, some I read in interviews with Danielle and Dick. At one point in time I read it in her bio. I read so much I don't recall where exactly I read all of it but I'll see if I can locate it when and if I have time.

Was this after Season 8? If so, then she definitley changed Smile All I remember is what she said last summer in the house.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   April 2nd 2012, 5:03 pm

Social Media is doing damage to kids in high school, so believe me when I say I know how much damage twitter & facebook can do to a career. There's a story out now about a teenager being suspended from school because of something he posted on twitter... from home! Unfortunately, people don't seem to be getting it, despite the same types of stories coming out continuously since livejournal and myspace hit it big.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   April 2nd 2012, 5:15 pm

Gail wrote:
ebowers wrote:
thelameone wrote:
KayS wrote:
Dani had a lot of crazies after she and Nick broke up. She was blamed for the breakup by some, fans were up in arms, etc. I think this time she just said enough,

I don't understand..why would the fans care to blame her?

I mean how does that effect them in any way?

Well, I am sure that many of them had Nick/Dani married with 2.5 kids and even had the names picked out for their kids! Someone had to be blamed for the fans' fantasies going up in smoke when the two called it quits. And, lucky Dani...she was the chosen one!

I was a very small part of that whole Nick and Daniele thing. I fell in love with them on the show, and followed them after. We all know what happened after that, but I NEVER blamed Daniele. I really don't know any one that I am close with here on the "national internet" Wink blaming her. Things happen and relationships go bad. It's life.

I wish her the best, and if and when she wants to give us some cutie pic of one of her pets or something else...that will be great!

Just my thoughts....

I'm with you Gail, I NEVER blamed Dani at all for any of it!!! Things happen and some people are nuckin futs!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   April 2nd 2012, 6:49 pm

Odin wrote:
Social Media is doing damage to kids in high school, so believe me when I say I know how much damage twitter & facebook can do to a career. There's a story out now about a teenager being suspended from school because of something he posted on twitter... from home! Unfortunately, people don't seem to be getting it, despite the same types of stories coming out continuously since livejournal and myspace hit it big.

tens

Great post Odin! I haven't read about the teenager being suspended for something he posted on twitter at home. I'm very curious how this can happen. I'll have to read about this one.

We need to do a better job of educating our children about social media.

I saw a 20/20 episode this weekend about this. A teenager from Ireland who moved to America and was bullied with text messages and social media to the point she hung herself. It was very, very sad.

She was bullied at school because she dated two boys whose former girlfriends got mad at her for dating their boyfriends. These girls had their friends attacking her verbally everywhere she went at school, by text and facebook and also fired gunshots into her home. Eventually the majority of students hated this girl and were tormenting her with social media and verbally.

She went to the girls and apologized, saying she didn't know the boys had girlfriends because she had just moved there. The harrassment continued.

The community stood up for the Irish girl. They demanded justice and a stop to bullying at the school and by social media. They blamed teachers and administrators who knew it was happening and did nothing about it.

The District Attorney did an investigation and found horrible texts and posts on facebook, that had been sent to her calling her a slut, whore, etc. The boys never showed any remorse whatsoever. All of the kids involved were charged with felonies.

The little Irish girls last text said " The boy (whatever his name was) may as well have put a noose around my neck." Moments later she hung herself with a scarf her sister had given her for Christmas. I missed the end so don't know what punishment the kids involved received. The family left America and moved back to Ireland.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   April 3rd 2012, 7:11 am

Shug wrote:

We need to do a better job of educating our children about social media.

Here in Pennsylvania (at least in our district) they scare the crap out of the kids regarding social media. Wish someone would have done that to me (as an adult) lol!. In all seriousness, my son will be applying to colleges next year and learned about how they google search you as part of the screening process. My daughter is afraid of everything on the internet after a recent "cyber bully" lecture.

Regarding Daniele and privacy, perhaps she is spending less time alone on her computer and more time out living life?

I like what Gimme said regarding empathy towards people who do struggle with over-attachment to people they are fans of (I know she didn't say over-attachment I added that part). I have been working on this having empathy thing for people that make me angry..easier said than done. dance

Another perspective is that sometimes the "fans" are worse than the folks that let their aggression out on "celebrities or pseudo celebrities" (I can't stand the word haters). It seems some fans (just a small handful) are relentless in their need to know everything.

Yes, for all those that who remember my old habits, I was (for a time) one of those intrusive fans, and what is interesting about it, I didn't care all that much about the subject of my intrusion, I was more interested in finding stuff. That sure was stupid, and a waste of time, and rude to Janelle in particular... but it certainly was a distraction from real life.

I am curious about what is up with Daniele, but honestly don't care. Same with Janelle. I understand those who do care however. Particularly those who got to know her personally.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 19th 2012, 2:31 pm

Is it true? Dani D finally re-emerges?

Oh, and Rachel too. Razz
Back to top Go down
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 19th 2012, 3:38 pm

Odin wrote:

Oh, and Rachel too. Razz

From an undisclosed location via webcam lol!

You know what that means. She's going back on BB! Razz
Back to top Go down
marinewife08
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 19th 2012, 3:52 pm

Yeah! Excited to hear from dani! I confess I showed my husband some bb8 clips on YouTube the other night. Lol.

A quote my husband wrote in a card to me during my battle with cancer (that made me bawl my eyes out)- "When I was growing up, I wanted to be a Spartan Warrior. I never would have guessed my wife would become one before me."
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 20th 2012, 5:05 am

Odin wrote:

Oh, and Rachel too. Razz

Thanks, Odin!
I am excited to know these two are doing Rumor Control together!! dance
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 20th 2012, 5:58 am

Should be good ... I always enjoyed Dani's take on the game when she was a regular on Housecalls. (I'm not a huge fan of Chelsia's and/or Missy's hosting styles ... I'd like them to be more objective but I guess it is what it is.)
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 20th 2012, 7:01 am

Looking forward to hearing from Dani. Have missed her.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 20th 2012, 9:40 am

Great news!!!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 20th 2012, 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
marinewife08
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 20th 2012, 8:51 pm

Of course! I feel like this ends up happening a lot............

A quote my husband wrote in a card to me during my battle with cancer (that made me bawl my eyes out)- "When I was growing up, I wanted to be a Spartan Warrior. I never would have guessed my wife would become one before me."
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 21st 2012, 12:25 am

it's obvious; Dani is on BB14!

(JK)
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 21st 2012, 12:41 am

I think that the original dates given were wrong on purpose just to make people start to think that very thing.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 21st 2012, 4:21 am

Here is a concept. Why didn't they just say WHY it was postponed?
Back to top Go down
marinewife08
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 21st 2012, 8:42 am

KayS wrote:
Here is a concept. Why didn't they just say WHY it was postponed?

No joke!

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 21st 2012, 9:52 am

I wish it wasn't a joke and that Dani will indeed be on BB14...I'd love to see her play the game again. Maybe the third time will be the charm for her!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 23rd 2012, 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 23rd 2012, 9:01 pm

Dang I work during that time. Will it be archived?
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14823
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 24th 2012, 3:32 pm

I'm sure it will be. It's usually archived the next day or so.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 24th 2012, 3:54 pm

Personally I do not want to see any old BB hg's on BB14. None. Nada. Zero.

We had enough of that last season and I felt cheated. It totally screwed up the game. I'm hoping for all new players, not the old recycled ones.

I will enjoy listening to Rachel and Danielle on Rumor Control, though.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 24th 2012, 6:37 pm

Shug wrote:
Personally I do not want to see any old BB hg's on BB14. None. Nada. Zero.

We had enough of that last season and I felt cheated. It totally screwed up the game. I'm hoping for all new players, not the old recycled ones.

I will enjoy listening to Rachel and Danielle on Rumor Control, though.

I agree with that. Hated having the vets on last season. I want a new cast so I can find new people to like and dislike. Having former HGs returning will only ruin that chance.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 24th 2012, 6:40 pm

last season could have been perfect IF the new Hg's weren't so terrible at the game

IMO they wasted a bunch of great past hg's for BB13
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 24th 2012, 6:43 pm

I will say I loved listening to Dani talk game on Housecalls, she's very smart with game play!!!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9241

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 24th 2012, 6:47 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
last season could have been perfect IF the new Hg's weren't so terrible at the game

IMO they wasted a bunch of great past hg's for BB13

oh i so agree scott, the returning HG's last year were actually really good choices (well i didn't like couples) but all in all they were good picks and it could of turned out soooo much better if the newbies were better players
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 5:24 am

bergen wrote:
and it could of turned out soooo much better if the newbies were better players
Seriously ... the newbies had the numbers at the beginning but instead of killing themselves to win that first endurance comp, they all dropped like flies. Shelly and Cassi's stated strategy was not to win the first HOH. Shelly was out first, Jordan out second, Keith out third, Cassi out fourth, Lawan out fifth, Adam out sixth, Jeff out, Dominic out, Brendon out, Kalia out. Guess who's left? Dick and Dani, Rachel and Porsche. Finally Porsche's out leaving D/D/R. I don't think any of the newbies wanted to win the first HOH. That set the tone for the entire arc of the game.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 7:30 am

What I found interesting about that comp was that A) Kalia and Porsche both showed they were gonna be top tier players that season as they were the only ones to hang with the vets and B) Kalia claimed she could have hung on longer and beat Rachel, so when the opportunity arose, I expected her to give more of a challenge, and she did not.
Back to top Go down
lazygirl21

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 8:11 am

lovin wrote:
I will say I loved listening to Dani talk game on Housecalls, she's very smart with game play!!!

I don't think she's very smart at game play at all. She's good at competitions, but I wouldn't say she's smart with game play. Her social game sucked in Season 8 and was a LITTLE better this past season, but she didn't play smart/strategic. She tried to play her end game way too fast, which was ultimately her downfall.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3267
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 9:07 am

lazygirl21 wrote:
lovin wrote:

I don't think she's very smart at game play at all. She's good at competitions, but I wouldn't say she's smart with game play. Her social game sucked in Season 8 and was a LITTLE better this past season, but she didn't play smart/strategic. She tried to play her end game way too fast, which was ultimately her downfall.

I think lovin was talking about Dani's thoughts and comments on BB houseguests game play when she was on Housecalls, not about her game play in the house.

Right, lovin? Didn't mean to put words in your mouth if I'm not correct. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2752
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 12:00 pm

lazygirl21 wrote:
lovin wrote:

Wow. Not even close. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12115

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 12:09 pm

Hugh310 wrote:
lazygirl21 wrote:

Wow. Not even close. Rolling Eyes

I'm not one for eye-rolling but I have to agree with you Hugh. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 12:25 pm

lazygirl21 wrote:
lovin wrote:

I agree. Great at comps, bad at making friends with the right people who could excel her in the game.

ETA: More so with last season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 1:02 pm

Dani KNOWS the game. She just couldn't apply it while she was playing it herself last year. Plus she sucks at social.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 1:05 pm

Dani spent WAY WAY WAY to much time in the HOH room, And she went after jeff a few weeks to early and grossly overestimated her ability to manipulate rachel and brendon. But IMO no matter what she did she really had no chance to win
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 1:15 pm

Dani was more effective in the first two weeks than she was, socially, in her final few weeks in the game. It was weird. She was working with the vets but had enough leverage on both of them to go either way, if she so chose. She had most of the newbies under her belt. She had laid seeds to both Brenchel and JoJe (Razz) to have them go to war with each other. Something just went all types of wrong there. She said she was bored, so I guess upcoming HGs better not underestimate how much boredom can screw up plans.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2752
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 3:51 pm

{sigh}

Dani's social game in BB8 was not the greatest, but it certainly improved after Nick left the premises. And her social game was NOT the reason she lost in the end. She never had a chance at getting a vote to win from Grodner's Player ... oops, I mean America's Player, and also didn't have a chance at the vote of America's player's tagalong puppy. Dustbin was never gonna vote against ED because, frankly, he was still scared of ED. And he liked to bully the smaller younger player Dani, especially in his DRs.

Amber's and Zach's votes for ED were absolutely ridiculous. ED repeatedly treated them like shit for the second half of the game and Zach left the house fully intending to vote for Dani and given Amber's absolutely idiotic question to Dani in the end, it is obvious Grodner got her hooks into both Amber and Zach, perhaps with a promise that they would be considered for an allstar season.

In BB13, Dani's social game was much better than BB8. She was friends with pretty much everyone early on and remained on good terms with everyone to the end except JJBR. Dani had ZERO chance to win after ED quit and left her in the lurch in week one. And the GK didn't really do her any good after the vets dominated the early weeks, with help from Grodner, of course, (putting order, bikini question). The fact that the dumbass noobs were throwing HoHs and Vetoes also helped the vets.

Dani's ONE bad game move was trusting in that unstable vortex of insanity known as Brenchel. Once that insane redhead got jealous over a silly 'luxury' like Hoff's show, Dani saw an opportunity to eliminate the 'Chosen One'. Then the DR did their 'thing' and Brenchel betrayed Dani, resulting in Dom taking the fall.

So #1 target Dani has to save herself by winning the next HoH comp and removes her most feared rival. Then Kalia stumbles into a fortunate HoH win. And what do we get ? A returning player twist. Why ? To bring back Brendon. NO OTHER REASON. The AC was a sham and Chen and the production idiots couldn't even co-ordinate themselves to make the numbers look right.

After useless and stupid Kalia was mindfucked by the DR and their minion Shelly, Dani was lucky that Lawon was removed instead of Porsche. Brendon would have easily beat Lawon in the ball comp anyway but it was RIDICULOUS that Rachel was allowed to help him during the comp. More crap from Grodner.

So #1 target Dani has to save herself AGAIN by winning the next HoH comp. She then has to use ANOTHER HoH reign to eliminate the same player as she did before. Why target B/R over J/J ? Well, first B/R is a stronger comp duo than J/J. Secondly, B/R had already betrayed Dani way back in week 3. J/J had yet to betray Dani.

In reality, it didn't matter who Dani chose - either Jeff or Brendon were winning the teacup HoH comp. Dani's only chance was the veto.

Do you ever wonder why Dani targeted Jeff so early ? I'll tell you why. It's because she knew from day one that Jeff was the 'Chosen One'. Well, how did Dani know this ? Because she experienced firsthand what being the 'Chosen One' can do for someone. It can win them the game. Over a more deserving player.

Dani won't be back. And that's fine with me. She cannot win with Grodner at the helm. So there's nothing more to prove.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 4:39 pm

Mmmm... she was not on pretty good terms with pretty much every one until the end. She left that house with bad feelings for Adam, and Adam felt like she was trying to manipulate him. Shelly went back and forth with Dani D until their talk during Dani's last week in the house. Dani didn't really go out of her way to form and maintain a relationship with Shelly until that point. When Cassi left, she had some sore feelings for Dani over the Dom situation but seemed to get over it and focus all her ire on Rachel post game. Y'know what...?

BB14, please come quicker! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   June 25th 2012, 5:42 pm

Hugh310- bravo clap

PostSubject: Re: Daniele Donato Briones   

Back to top Go down

Daniele Donato Briones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: