Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 22nd 2012, 10:01 pm

Jack'd wrote:
ranjake wrote:
I like Shelly- but she's like the Gladys Kravitz of BB Smile

OK I just wet myself!!! roll on floor laughi

You are the zing queen today!!!!! duts rule lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 8:43 am

Jokers interview with Ian -

First of all, Boogie didn't hit the reset button and secondly, Dan said he would have taken Ian!

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=18772814
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 10:00 am

ranjake wrote:

Loved the Brit/Ian video Smile More affection and love in that 4 minute video than in the entire, summer long Shanielle-mance (IMO)

LMAO LMAO
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4626

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 10:08 am

Jack'd wrote:
Jokers interview with Ian -

First of all, Boogie didn't hit the reset button and secondly, Dan said he would have taken Ian!

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=18772814

Dan seems all over the map with what he actually wanted to do. One interview he said his dream would have been F3 with Danielle & Jenn... taking Danielle to the F2.

IMO.. Dan screwed up the moment he allowed Boog to talk them into getting rid of Janelle that early in the game. All 4 coaches needed 2 or 3 coached on that jury.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 10:23 am

I agree that if the three other coaches had been on the jury, Dan would have received more votes and may have won.

A few weeks ago, Dan wanted a final four of Jenn, Joe, Danielle and himself. (and to get to the end with either Jenn or Joe)
I guess he thought it would have made the last two HOH comps a little less competitive and he'd have had a better chance against a "floater".
He certainly didn't want to let Ian and Shane get there but, what can you do. Ian won when he had to and got himself there and if Dan wasn't going to win, I'm certainly glad Ian did.
If Danielle had made final two with Dan and won, it would have been puke worthy, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4626

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 10:42 am

oh for sure. As long as she was blocked from winning anything... yay us!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 2:50 pm

For Ian from my I love Texas facebook page I follow.

Back to top Go down
stephlj

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 4:03 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
I agree that if the three other coaches had been on the jury, Dan would have received more votes and may have won.

A few weeks ago, Dan wanted a final four of Jenn, Joe, Danielle and himself. (and to get to the end with either Jenn or Joe)
I guess he thought it would have made the last two HOH comps a little less competitive and he'd have had a better chance against a "floater".
He certainly didn't want to let Ian and Shane get there but, what can you do. Ian won when he had to and got himself there and if Dan wasn't going to win, I'm certainly glad Ian did.
If Danielle had made final two with Dan and won, it would have been puke worthy, for sure.

I'm totally out on a limb here, and this is purely my own personal speculation.... but here goes!

I think that once Ian started winning and saving himself, and Jenn and Joe had to be sacrificed, and it looked like there was a chance Danielle could get to the end with Dan... and WIN...

That the powers that be with BB had to start coaching Dan in the DR. I saw a change in Dan the last few days, he wasn't buying Danielle's lies anymore. I think he was strongly encouraged to make it to the final two with Ian. It would have been terrible for her to win.

I don't want to diminish Ian's accomplishment at all. He saved himself. He brought the pain when he needed to win. He and Dan were both worthy of winning, even though they took different paths to get there.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 4:50 pm

stephlj wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:

I'm totally out on a limb here, and this is purely my own personal speculation.... but here goes!

I think that once Ian started winning and saving himself, and Jenn and Joe had to be sacrificed, and it looked like there was a chance Danielle could get to the end with Dan... and WIN...

That the powers that be with BB had to start coaching Dan in the DR. I saw a change in Dan the last few days, he wasn't buying Danielle's lies anymore. I think he was strongly encouraged to make it to the final two with Ian. It would have been terrible for her to win.

I don't want to diminish Ian's accomplishment at all. He saved himself. He brought the pain when he needed to win. He and Dan were both worthy of winning, even though they took different paths to get there.

I agree, Dan was all about getting him and Danielle to f2 with taking Joe and Jenn. Danielle not letting him put Shane on the block and then the date made a big difference in Dans game play. He wanted Ian out early in the game due to his smarts (only) but Ian did what he had to do to get where he was and after Brit's eviction became very loyal to Dan. Dan played the cards dealt him and did very well in his choices. Danielle wanted Shane f2, Dan knew it. I think Danielle could have beat Dan f2 also considering why some voted...as Brit said Dan would have lost to a bottle of ketchup it was such a bitter jury. I'm glad Ian won over her and Dan made f2 with him. They were most deserving IMO on a personal level.

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
Neshama

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 4:59 pm

Definitely glad the final 2 was Ian and Dan, not Danielle and Dan!
I'm happy for Ian. I hope he enjoys his post-BB glow as the winner and then gets back to his education.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 23rd 2012, 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 24th 2012, 10:39 am

Ian has started posting over on Sucks for those that can handle that atmosphere and want to interact with him.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 24th 2012, 10:58 am

Odin wrote:
Ian has started posting over on Sucks for those that can handle that atmosphere and want to interact with him.

I don't think I could ever like any HG enough to post at Sucks.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 24th 2012, 10:59 am

I love when Sucks go all "fantard" when an HG posts. So lame.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 24th 2012, 11:12 am

lallybelle wrote:
I love when Sucks go all "fantard" when an HG posts. So lame.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 26th 2012, 6:48 pm

BigBrotherLiveFeeds ‏@BigBroLiveFeeds

. @tulaneterry, winner of #BB14, will be in our studio on 10/4! Stay tuned for more info & tune in for the live chat on #SuperPass
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 27th 2012, 7:18 pm

For those that missed Dick's chat where he graciously allowed Ian to speak inbetween diatribes about himself, here's a recap:

http://bigbrotherlivefeedupdates.blogspot.com/2012/09/dick-at-nite-feat-ian-terry-part-1-8-25.html

Quote :
Ian has watched the show only up until Janelle went home, and he is noticing that things are a little different than he was led to believe. He says that the episode where Shane blamed his nomination of Frank based on "wishy washy comments" that Ian made just isn't true---Ian thinks he was the scapegoat. Dick says the Armchair Quarterbacks will always tell him things like that, but that he lived the show and he didn't get to see the HoH conversations and the DR sessions that viewers know about. And he says some people who live in front of the computer watching the live feeds feel they are the best players ever.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 27th 2012, 7:24 pm

Odin wrote:
For those that missed Dick's chat where he graciously allowed Ian to speak inbetween diatribes about himself, here's a recap:

http://bigbrotherlivefeedupdates.blogspot.com/2012/09/dick-at-nite-feat-ian-terry-part-1-8-25.html

Quote :
Ian has watched the show only up until Janelle went home, and he is noticing that things are a little different than he was led to believe. He says that the episode where Shane blamed his nomination of Frank based on "wishy washy comments" that Ian made just isn't true---Ian thinks he was the scapegoat. Dick says the Armchair Quarterbacks will always tell him things like that, but that he lived the show and he didn't get to see the HoH conversations and the DR sessions that viewers know about. And he says some people who live in front of the computer watching the live feeds feel they are the best players ever.

well i don't live in front of my computer...but i definitely think i always have it all figured out...every season, i swear i would win lol!
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 27th 2012, 7:47 pm

Nice that someone posted an update- BUT I still have a question I don't think has been answered- hope I don't sound "sour grapes-y" Ian fans- because I AM an Ian fan (though I BADLY wanted a Dan win)- but my question to Ian is this: Ian was out the door at F4 without Dan's "antics"- and he didn't do much to prevent his eviction then- and actually thought he was leaving. Seems like a BIG hole to have in his game- and he did play a great game- but....

He sounds a little anti-Dan. I don't think Dan screwed "everyone" over personally. I think he doesn't appreciate how hard it is to win twice. But maybe Ian is such a gamer that he will play again and have a formula for an easy win?
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 27th 2012, 8:09 pm

remind me what happened with ian at F4...was the a double eviction week?
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 27th 2012, 8:56 pm

No- Dan convinced Danielle to use veto on him- and Dan evicted Shane rather than Ian. Ian said he expected to go- did NOT talk to Danielle beforehand- and then thought Dan's antics were disgusting:) Of course- Ian took Dan to F2- and in retrospect- Dan may have been better off letting Ian go at F4- but no one really talks about it. No F4 for Ian = no BB WIN for Ian...
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 27th 2012, 9:52 pm

You have to remember that Ian was clueless most of the game, and that is why I cannot classify him as a "great" player. He was good player and nothing else, imo. He did okay with the very limited info he had. Honestly, I think Ian is the most "in the dark" winner we've ever had.

Still okay with him winning, but objectively speaking...
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 6:45 am

Yup, Dan saved Ian from a sure eviction to the jury at final four and Ian got himself to the final two by winning the last HOH.
I guess an acknowledgement by Ian that he wouldn't have been in a position to win the $500,000 if not for Dan wouldn't be out of order.
I still think that Dan played the best game and should have won but if someone else from the final four was destined to win, I'm glad it was Ian.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 10:31 am

Someone over on Jokers typed up a summary of part 2 of Dick's interview:

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBDiscussion&Number=18796836&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=21&rc=&fpart=1

This line caught my interest:

Quote :
Responding to the Dan fan critics of his win, Ian says that he won comps and had a better social game, but Dan was the better strategist. So Ian got him on 2 of the 3 facets of the game. He deserves to win just because of that.

He threw the 1st part of HOH because Dan saved him at F4 – so he was honoring that deal – and because he knew he’d beat Danielle in part two because he’s better physically and mentally. But it was “a huge roll of the dice.”

I feel like people now have a different definition of what a social game is. Like Ragan once said, being social (or friendly) does NOT equal a social game. A social game is using your position and relationships in the house (good or bad) to get what you need done to advance yourself or your alliance whether throught outwitting, outsmarting, out manipulating, or out cunning your opposition through deals or other forms of agreements.

Even taking into account how "liked" you are in the house, Ian wasn't doing great with that. Only Dan and Britney really, truly liked him and wanted to keep him around. He burned Frank and Ashley. He pissed off Jenn several times. He dismissed Joe most of the game. And finally, Danielle NEVER liked him, and Shane wanted him gone, especially when Ian upped his "jerk" game during the Boogie/Frank block week and even more when he saw Drunk Ian in action. I feel like he's under the impression that he actually "managed" jury and secured votes when he did not. He wouldn't even own up to a lot of the actions he did and let full blame fall on everyone else in his alliance. That's the type of thing that annoys me with his gameplay, especially when he held onto his "wanna be villain" shtick.

He also thinks Boogie was a great coach and molded him into a great player. I probably missed that part of the game, lol.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 12:14 pm

Ya, I missed that too. Boogie basically ignored both Ian and Jenn. Boogie spent the majority of his "awake" time with Frank.
Dan had a better social "game" than Ian did, for sure.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 12:18 pm

For several seasons it has come down to who the jury is pissed off at the least! lol!
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 12:22 pm

Yup.
I think the only way a coach would have won would have been to have the other three coaches on the jury. I think Dan and Brit should have worked a little harder to get Boogie and Janelle at least to jury but I guess that's just a "could'a, would'a, should'a" type argument ... no real merit to it now.
Back to top Go down
katydidit
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 1:24 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Yup.
I think the only way a coach would have won would have been to have the other three coaches on the jury. I think Dan and Brit should have worked a little harder to get Boogie and Janelle at least to jury but I guess that's just a "could'a, would'a, should'a" type argument ... no real merit to it now.

I don't get the Dan and Brit association, yes they were sort of in a alliance because of Danielle and Shane but Dan had no plans of taking Brit anyplace near the final 2. If Janie had made it past that first week as a player imo it would have only taken that first hoh win and she could have went far even won. It would have given her some leverage to make a few real deals. I beleive her being hoh others would have spilled on Brits bashing. The ideas that keeping Janie and Boogie only for jury votes for Dan or Brit seems a little demeaning as far as game play goes pertaining to Janelle. Maybe I'm reading something into nothing but I have read a lot of posts like this on differents boards. Janelle is a great BB player, her real downfall is being able to win comps and the other hg's know this, which makes her a huge threat in the game. I love that she can pull out those comps, she saved her butt many times. This season was no different than the others Janelle was on, catty ass jealous women were never going to work with her. It started the first week. gahhh..its over thank goodness. At least Dan and Ian were the final 2. Happy for Ian!!!
Back to top Go down
katydidit
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 1:43 pm

Jack'd wrote:
ranjake wrote:

OK I just wet myself!!! roll on floor laughi

roll on floor laughi
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   September 28th 2012, 6:02 pm

I'm glad Ian won. I would have been fine with a Dan win as long as it wasn't Danielle Smile

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   October 9th 2012, 10:35 pm

Murtz Jaffer ‏@murtzjaffer
Show will begin at 9:30 PM PST w @TulaneTerry (Ian, the #BB14 winner). Hopefully @vokle will cooperate. Follow here: http://www.vokle.com/people/444176

Heads up Everyone, this interview is starting in about an hour Wink

http://www.facebook.com/cuyaddaber
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   November 26th 2012, 8:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   November 2nd 2015, 8:55 pm

My goodness they grow up fast! Ian teaching physics in Houston -

ob Wu FOX 26
ICYMI What Big Brother 14 winner Ian Terry is up to nowadays. The beloved superfan now an authority figure, helping to shape young minds in the world of physics in Houston at YES Prep Public Schools.

https://www.facebook.com/RobWuFox26/videos/vb.739319786087868/1074016359284874

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   November 2nd 2015, 9:43 pm

Enjoyed the video. He's mentioned on #RHAP and twitter that he's teaching Physics in Houston.

PostSubject: Re: Ian Terry   

Back to top Go down

Ian Terry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 14-
Jump to: