View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35490
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: House Hunters   June 13th 2012, 4:30 pm

I knew it!!

'House Hunters' houses aren't always for sale?
Millions of TV viewers tune in to HGTV's long-running House Hunters regularly; some people even claim addiction to the show. Who doesn't like snooping in other people's homes?

The show has a prospective buyer or buyers tour three properties, giving their critiques along the way on closet space, countertops and wall colors. At show's end, one home is chosen for purchase.
But how real is "reality" on the show? An account posted by one home buyer on the popular Hooked on Houses blog, causing a mini-uproar on the Web, says the show is almost completely staged.
Bobi Jensen, whose San Antonio house hunt was featured in 2006, wrote, "The producers said they found our (true) story that we were getting a bigger house and turning our other one into a rental boring and overdone. So instead they just wanted to emphasize how our home was too small and we needed a bigger one desperately. It wasn't true, but it was a smaller house than the one we bought so I went with it."
Jensen also wrote, "They didn't even 'accept' us being a subject for the show until we closed on the house we were buying. So then when they decided to film our episode, we had to scramble to find houses to tour and pretend we were considering." She added, perhaps most surprisingly, that "the ones we looked at weren't even for sale. They were just our two friends' houses who were nice enough to madly clean for days in preparation for the cameras!"
Jensen, who loved the show and who currently lives in Omaha, says she's only talking about this now because her hairdresser encouraged her to blog about it. "They actually let you know in the middle of applying online (that it's not all real)," she says in an interview. "They say you have to be near closing on the house you've already picked, because they don't want to waste their time on anyone who's still in the decision-making process. And we knew we were a good fit because we already had a new house but hadn't moved in."

more here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-06-13/house-hunters/55581842/1
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9238
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: House Hunters   June 13th 2012, 4:38 pm

good lord is any reality show "real" anymore???
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: House Hunters   June 13th 2012, 5:34 pm

This is old news. I know I was disappointed when I first read it, though.
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 12115
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: House Hunters   June 13th 2012, 8:21 pm

I guess that means Income Property is fake as well? House Hunters has been one of my mainstays for years. Yuck. censored
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: House Hunters   June 13th 2012, 8:31 pm

Love House Hunters & House Hunters Int'l but this doesn't surprise me in the least. If they were working with me, it would probably take me 6 months to find something I liked and I doubt they would waste that kind of time on someone like me. I always laugh because I usually pick a different house than what the buyers choose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Hunters   

Back to top Go down

House Hunters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: