View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17294
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Big Brother Mars?   June 5th 2012, 5:25 pm

OK, that's it, I'm done. This is where I draw the line lol, these people are nuts.

‘Big Brother’ headed to Mars?

Big Brother co-creator Paul Romer’s new reality show will go where no other reality show has gone before … at least not with humans. This new, yet-to-be-titled unscripted series will take 20 people to Mars.

As reported by the Daily Mail, Romer is working alongside Dutch space launch company Mars One, space station supplier Space X and Noble prize winner and physicist Gerald ‘t Hooft to produce a reality series based on an upcoming ambitious mission to the Mars.

Mars One is planning to send four people to the Red Planet every two years until 2033, hoping to build a new community there. It will also bring a film crew along for the out-of-this-world ride in hopes of documenting every step of the mission, including the upcoming audition process that begins next year and the seven-month trip. This footage will be edited and broadcasted to couch potatoes on Earth.

“The entire world will be able to watch and help the decisions as the teams of settlers are selected, follow their extensive training and preparation for the mission and of course, observe their settling on Mars,” Mars One revealed in a statement.

“The emigrated astronauts will share their experiences with us as they build their new home, conduct experiments and explore Mars.”

The idea may sound a little starry-eyed, but Romer promises that both the mission and the show will be very real.

“When the Mars One founders approached me … my first response was, ‘What can they do that NASA can’t?” Romer told the Daily Mail. “That conversation made it clear to me. They think so creatively and out-of-the-box.”

Romer continued, “The concept of a ‘one-way’ mission is both outrageous and exciting … Reality meets talent show with no ending and the whole world watching. Now there’s a pitch!”

Big Brother returns to CBS on July 18 at 9 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. CT. Shaw Media recently started initial production on a Canadian version of the popular show, which has a group of people attempt to live under one roof for several months with many a hidden camera.

On the original CBS series, contestants are not allowed to communicate with the outside world. It’s not that different from living on an entirely separate planet, when you think about it. But if you get “evicted” on Mars, it might be a bit harder to find a way home.

Would you watch a Big Brother-style show on Mars? Would you audition for it? Comment below!

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/120605_mars_reality_show_EG.htm

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14730
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Mars?   June 5th 2012, 7:54 pm

Jack'd wrote:

OK, that's it, I'm done. This is where I draw the line lol, these people are nuts.

No kidding! We have to draw the line somewhere.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down

Big Brother Mars?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: