Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Big Brother UK 2012   May 24th 2012, 7:05 pm

The UK version of Big Brother will be starting in a couple of weeks (Around June 5th I believe). I'm getting so excited and stressing at the same time about keeping up once July rolls around.

The press released the house pictures today, it's supposed to be Vegas inspired!

The Yard

The Bedroom

Entrance/Exit & the Diary Room Door

Living Area

Bathroom

Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 24th 2012, 8:36 pm

I loveeeeee BBUK!!!!! I totally missed last season though.

Do you know of anywhere that I can watch last season before this one starts?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 24th 2012, 8:55 pm

Kelli, it was horrible! About every other week, the sites that were uploading the videos would be shut down and they had to move. I was constantly deleting bookmarks and adding new ones.

You can try this site, it seems to be working. Scroll down to Launch Night. Click on that and then click on Quick Play Episode. Then click "click to play video in new window". If it asks you to pay or for free, click on for free and you should be able to view.

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Big-Brother--UK-_105/

I loved the season, but then again I love them all lol. They had a good looking bunch of HM's this season.

Good luck, I hope it works for you.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 24th 2012, 8:57 pm

The house looks cool, why can't our BB house look that sweet?!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 24th 2012, 9:08 pm

Because the people who run BBUS are cheap and only really care about how much money they can earn! BBUS has the same or a little higher ratings than both Survivor and TAR but has the lowest prize for winning.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 26th 2012, 2:24 am

BBUK is very popular over there. The most loved housemates usually get contracts with agents after being on the show. They attend premieres, host shows, etc. They turn into celebrities.

They have live audiences for launch night and evictions. The US has started the trend as well, but the audience really gets into it in the UK and there are hundreds more attending. Not only that, but the housemates are voted on by the public, so they feel more connected to what goes on in the house.

Their live feeds used to be shown on regular TV over there along with the daily bb show. (I'm not sure if they still are)

Heck, they have talk shows usually before and after the regular show, that are shown on regular TV as well.

That's how they can afford the yearly upgrades.

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 26th 2012, 6:22 am

That's the one thing that makes BBUS better then all other BB's, The public has no say in who stays or goes! Also BBUS has several millions more viewers per episode/season than BBUK! BBUS is a cash cow i think Lesley could scrounge up a few $'s to make improvements to BB.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 29th 2012, 7:22 pm

A look inside the new house on press day -

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 29th 2012, 7:49 pm

That is a better house then the BBUS house, That square toilet looks uncomfortable though.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   May 29th 2012, 9:11 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
That is a better house then the BBUS house, That square toilet looks uncomfortable though.

Yes it is! Quite gaudy lol, but I've never heard any of the HM's complain about ants Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 5th 2012, 5:45 pm

Launch day was today! I found that BB Couch Potatoes has the launch. It's 6 videos but they automatically go to each one, you don't have to go find them. Here's the link, I'm just not sure how long it will stay up until they get reported. Oh, if you decide to watch, make sure you close off the speaker in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.bbcouchpotatoes.com/
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 6th 2012, 5:31 pm

Here is part 3... just because I ran across it looking at something else..lol

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 6th 2012, 8:29 pm

Well, I just finished watching the first episode. Couch Potatoes says that the person getting the videos for them has one strike, two more and the account gets suspended. This sucks so much, I can't tell you how many sites I had to follow around last year just to get to watch the entire season. It's a royal pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 6th 2012, 8:54 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Well, I just finished watching the first episode. Couch Potatoes says that the person getting the videos for them has one strike, two more and the account gets suspended. This sucks so much, I can't tell you how many sites I had to follow around last year just to get to watch the entire season. It's a royal pain in the ass.

This is Dr. Detroit from Couch Potatoes.
We are doing our best to get BBUK to everybody. Channel 5 has some kind of vendetta on anybody from the U.S. not only posting their show, but also COVERING it. I have had NO LESS than 3 emails asking me to stop. Well, it would be nice of me to do that, but they have no legal rights to MY BLOG when I am across the ocean. I have battled with Channel 5 since Day 1 last summer.
But here's the good news: UK blogs and websites LOVE that Americans love their show. And they are doing everything possible to post videos for us, and also, to send me press releases straight from Channel 5.
If Youtube shuts us down, we'll just open another account. If DailyMotion blocks us, we'll open another account.
Channel 5 is spending SO MUCH energy trying to shut us down, that MAYBE they should be concentrating on making the UK viewers happy by giving them Live Feeds.
I will always find a way to circumvent Channel 5. It worked all last season, so I see no reason why it won't work again.
But you never know...

Thanks for the support!
I will do everything in my power to bring BBUK to the Couch Potato blog.
Back to top Go down
http://bbcouchpotatoes.blogspot.com
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 6th 2012, 9:18 pm

DrDetroit wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

This is Dr. Detroit from Couch Potatoes.
We are doing our best to get BBUK to everybody. Channel 5 has some kind of vendetta on anybody from the U.S. not only posting their show, but also COVERING it. I have had NO LESS than 3 emails asking me to stop. Well, it would be nice of me to do that, but they have no legal rights to MY BLOG when I am across the ocean. I have battled with Channel 5 since Day 1 last summer.
But here's the good news: UK blogs and websites LOVE that Americans love their show. And they are doing everything possible to post videos for us, and also, to send me press releases straight from Channel 5.
If Youtube shuts us down, we'll just open another account. If DailyMotion blocks us, we'll open another account.
Channel 5 is spending SO MUCH energy trying to shut us down, that MAYBE they should be concentrating on making the UK viewers happy by giving them Live Feeds.
I will always find a way to circumvent Channel 5. It worked all last season, so I see no reason why it won't work again.
But you never know...

Thanks for the support!
I will do everything in my power to bring BBUK to the Couch Potato blog.

Thank you so much Dr. Detroit, really appreciate it. Sucks for all of us that enjoy the UK version. I don't really get what the point of blocking is, it's completely ridiculous. I seriously didn't know about your site last year. I would watch the playbacks from the bbliveuk, but then there were days that he didn't upload the episodes for whatever reason, or I had problems with his site freezing on me. I ended up googling BBUK and found the episodes on YouTube by various users, but they would be taken down in a blink of an eye.

I'm on my way to make a donation to your site, my way of saying thank you so much for your time and effort! I hope we all enjoy this season.
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 6th 2012, 9:30 pm

I don't get it either. You would think that Channel 5 would want ANY amount of viewers they can get. That's a great number to take to potential sponsors. That's just Business 101.
They are so obsessed with sites like mine that there might be someone over there losing some sleep. The truth of the matter is, I have a blog and am protected under certain laws. AMERICAN laws. Not International laws unless I share files of copyrighted material for FREE. Which I don't do.

This is a matter of WHO will break first. Lets look at that.
I've had my blog since 2007 when I covered both BBUK/BBUSA. Channel 4 aired BBUK at the time and we NEVER had an issue. The ONLY complaint I had about CH4 was that we couldn't purchase the Live Feeds. Then Channel 5 takes over, and I can't even get on the doggone Facebook page! I don't get that.
I have found ways around all of it. But the end may be near.
I'm doing all I can.

AND THANK YOU for the donation. Maybe I'll save all donations and grab a flight to the UK and have a nice face-to-face with Richard Desmond (Owner of Channel 5).

Again, I do appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 6th 2012, 9:33 pm

AND THANK YOU for the donation. Maybe I'll save all donations and grab a flight to the UK and have a nice face-to-face with Richard Desmond (Owner of Channel 5).

LOL, OK you do that, but make sure you tape and upload for the rest of us see.

You're very welcome for the donation. I realize the work that's involved in getting these videos out there to us viewers, it really is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pokerphil777

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 15th 2012, 10:15 am

Here is the full launch day episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270rHs3MXsw

This poster also has all the shows leading up to the launch, the "Bit On The Side" episodes, and the daily highlight episodes.

If you're wanting to keep up with this U.K. season, then this seems like the youtube poster to follow.

This is my first time following the U.K. BB, but this cast seems interesting. One guy was born a female.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 16th 2012, 4:14 am

I watched the launch and a few episodes but I haven't watched the eviction from last week, yet.

I think this cast is very interesting!!

Thanks for the info PokerPhil!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 16th 2012, 7:58 pm

I'm enjoying the season so far, as usual lol. I don't understand the British public though, they throw out all the characters who make for great TV and keep in the "pretty dull boys". The last guy that was thrown out was such a hot mess that you couldn't help but wondering when he was going to snap next.

Kelli & Pokerphil, you can also watch from BB Couch Potatoes. Dr. Detroit is a member here and I'm sure he would appreciate the support. Here's the link, the site is very organized, I love it!

http://www.bbcouchpotatoes.com/
Back to top Go down
Pokerphil777

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 17th 2012, 2:56 pm

Cool, thanks for the info Jack'd!
Back to top Go down
Pokerphil777

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 10:43 am

I've got all the episodes dl'd to my computer, but have only gotten to the first eviction.

I'm enjoying it so far though.

I haven't watched any of the "Bit On The Side" episodes. Are they just a wrap up show? Do they add extra information?

Not sure WHO I'd like to win yet, but I do have a few faves.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 1:56 pm

I watched quite a few episodes last night. The food task for the week is Hilarious!!!! I'm up to the 2nd eviction. I'm loving this season!!

Bit of the side does add a little extra information. They discuss everything to do with BBUK. The go into the walls sometimes to see what's going on. They also bring in guests to discuss the houseguests. I'm sure they will have family members as well, as the season progresses.
Back to top Go down
Pokerphil777

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 2:22 pm

Cool, thanks Kelli!

I guess I'm going to have to start watching that too!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 2:39 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/3828522/Big-Brother-ratings-brin-new-low.html

That article is from a year ago.
It shows the 2011 Housemates.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 2:45 pm

I'm trying to find this seasons bbuk ratings, they can't be all that good if last seasons ratings were so bad and no live feeds, whats the point of BB with no feeds. I think Big Brother 2012 UK is getting between 1.5 and 1.6 million viewers per episode, I don't know what that means in the UK but if BB got those numbers here it would be gone
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 18th 2012, 3:52 pm

The ratings are good for a network like Channel 5. Think of a small network in the States that would get 1.4 to 1.5 million viewers and there will be dancing.
This is NOT Big Brother broadcast on Channel 5. It is THEIR vision of what BB is. No live feeds, more social networking, being able to discuss nominations, and there is SOME outside contact.
The #1 rule of Big Brother is that Big Brother can change the rules at any time.
And they DO.

Don't get me wrong. I still LOVE BBUK, but it's not even a shadow of it's former self with forced Showmances, silly tasks that have no meaning or connection, and the most important thing: NO MEAN BIG BROTHER. It's rare when a HM even get punished for rule break. Their idea of being mean is to turn off the hot water for a day.

I have to think of BBUK as entertainment, and not the show we fell in love with. As long as I keep it in perspective, then it's enjoyable, and still one of the best shows to watch and cover on my blog.

It's STILL way better than the bore-fest of BBUSA.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 19th 2012, 5:54 pm

I agree with you Dr. Detroit. Oh my what the hell are we going to do when BBAUS starts in August? I'm already stressing lol.
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 19th 2012, 5:57 pm

Jack'd wrote:
I agree with you Dr. Detroit. Oh my what the hell are we going to do when BBAUS starts in August? I'm already stressing lol.

I have decided to Cover BBAUS when it starts the day after the Olympics end August 13th, I believe.
Couch Potatoes will have a separate tab for BBAUS.
Yeah, because I'm not busy enough. Smile

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 20th 2012, 6:04 pm

Brian Dowling ‏@brianofficial

So it's OFFICIAL housemates can no longer talk about nominations!!!

Well thank God! I was thinking about not watching anymore because of this. I hate the "gang mentality" and I'm so thankful that it won't be happening anymore.
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 20th 2012, 6:06 pm

Jack'd wrote:

Well thank God! I was thinking about not watching anymore because of this. I hate the "gang mentality" and I'm so thankful that it won't be happening anymore.

The Good News and Bad News:

Good: No more Nomination talk....
Bad: ....for just one week.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 20th 2012, 6:59 pm

DrDetroit wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

The Good News and Bad News:

Good: No more Nomination talk....
Bad: ....for just one week.

Oh you're joking! Rats!! I didn't read that on twitter. It's going to be an ambush and we'll be left with the likes of Caroline/Scott/Luke S/Ashleigh and Sara!

You're going to disagree I know, but I'm loving Lydia! What a shit stirrer she is, also a pretty smart gal.
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 20th 2012, 7:01 pm

Oh no! I LOVE Lydia! I want her to win!
But I can't help but think that the stoppage of Nomination talk is an effort from Channel 5 to save her.
Cool?
Yes.
Fair?
No.
Lydia is pretty easy on the eyes too. Very attractive.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 20th 2012, 8:22 pm

DrDetroit wrote:
Oh no! I LOVE Lydia! I want her to win!
But I can't help but think that the stoppage of Nomination talk is an effort from Channel 5 to save her.
Cool?
Yes.
Fair?
No.
Lydia is pretty easy on the eyes too. Very attractive.

Oh wow, I thought I was alone with this. I'm assuming the Brits don't like her, it's what I've been reading anyway. Their thinking is so different than ours, they like to keep all the yawnfests and get out all the ones that make the show entertaining. Yes, she's very attractive. I'm not quite sure by not talking about noms they will be able to save Lydia, Luke has made his feelings known about her to his "click". I can't wait for tomorrow's show, if I'm not mistaken, I think her finance comes into the diary room as a surprise for her birthday. Of course, I haven't a clue who he is lol.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 20th 2012, 8:53 pm

OK, scratch that. I just watched the video on your site of Lydia in the Diary Room talking to her finance on the phone.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 25th 2012, 8:41 pm

OK, so I'm almost over this season. The "cool kids" have completely taken over. I miss Benedict's stirring, Conor is a dick and now we may lose Lydia on Friday Evil or Very Mad

Dr. Detroit, what are you thinking about this season?
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   June 25th 2012, 8:48 pm

I'm frustrated with the season.
This is a DIRECT result of what happens when you let people talk about nominations.
They form groups or "cliques", and what you are seeing is exactly what human behavior dictates when you have no rules, and no consequences for rule breaks.

Lydia said it best on the Highlight show tonight. She said that since Benedict is gone, there is no male discipline in the house, and she is SPOT ON.
We've had 3 weeks of losing entertaining HM's.
Really. What does the British public expect to happen when you take out excitement and leave in vain people who have no restrictions.
Even when Big Brother enforced the "No nomination talk" rule, they still talked about it. And the punishment for that was NO ALCOHOL?? In seasons past, they would put the WHOLE HOUSE up for nomination for rule breaks.
BUT, because Channel 5 is so quick to open voting on Facebook, it wouldn't be fair to the 'customer' who already voted to add more HM's to the public vote.

What we saw tonight was some of the worst bullying I've ever seen on the show.
And the ONLY penalty was a "warning" to Conor.
Its a house out of control, and unless BB steps in with punishments, or even sending people home for behavior, it's only going to get worse.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   July 6th 2012, 4:59 pm

Dr. Detroit, what are your feelings about the eviction? Did the right loser go lol? I really wanted Conor out, just for the pure delight to see Caroline lose it. She gets on my last nerve. I guess it's a toss up between the two, I just can't say the lesser of the two evils has gone. They were both arrogant IMO.
Back to top Go down
DrDetroit

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   July 6th 2012, 5:16 pm

Conor might walk. There supposedly was a plan that out of the two, whoever got evicted, the other would walk.
Good. Walk.
Please.
I'm happy. First time all series that the one I wanted to go home, DID.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother UK 2012   

Back to top Go down

Big Brother UK 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: