AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35491
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Duets   May 24th 2012, 5:28 pm

Starts tonight

'Duets' Premiere: Robin Thicke Says 'I'm Just Going To Show Up And Sing'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/duets-premiere-robin-thicke_n_1543483.html

With so many reality singing competitions on TV, ABC is hoping to raise the bar with its new series "Duets", a show that partners an amateur hopeful with a superstar singer on the live stage. But don't expect mentors Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Robin Thicke and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles to spin around in big red chairs. These celebrities are hitting the road to find the next voice.

The biggest draw for Thicke, however, who has only had one song succeed on the pop charts (2006's "Lost Without U"), is being introduced him to a whole new audience.

HuffPost TV chatted with the new reality singing judge about his new gig on "Duets", what her learned from his dad ("Mr. Smooth") and what "morning coffee on the veranda" (a reference he made as a mentor on "The Voice") really sounds like.

What made you want to join ABC's "Duets"?
My music is my life, and my art is my life. I just wanted an opportunity for more people to hear my music. I figured that if I do this show, there will be a bunch of people who have never heard of me before listening to my music. I don't play on pop radio a lot, so it will be nice to just get my music out there. That's my goal.

It's an interesting concept for a show because you're going to be singing every week with your contestants.
That's what I wanted -- the opportunity to perform and to sing and to not just be a judge.

So you wouldn't be happy just sitting in a big red chair?
No, absolutely not. I couldn't do that.

More at the above link
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 24th 2012, 7:02 pm

Definitely watching this.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 24th 2012, 8:57 pm

I liked the 2 people that Jennifer Nettles picked, those were my favs tonight and I liked Kelly Clarkston's picks.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 24th 2012, 9:07 pm

So am I right that the judges did the voting? That seems like a bad way to do it, imo. A judge whose person starts out number 1 isn't ever going to vote another judge's contestant as number 1. Likewise, if a second judge's person is number 2 behind the first judge's number 1 in that same voting, then they won't vote someone above theirs either. I didn't blame Kelly for being mad that both of her people were at the bottom.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 24th 2012, 9:12 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
So am I right that the judges did the voting? That seems like a bad way to do it, imo. A judge whose person starts out number 1 isn't ever going to vote another judge's contestant as number 1. Likewise, if a second judge's person is number 2 behind the first judge's number 1 in that same voting, then they won't vote someone above theirs either. I didn't blame Kelly for being mad that both of her people were at the bottom.

GOOD POINT! I agree with you there. I thought both of Kelly's people were better than John Legends people.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9239
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 24th 2012, 9:39 pm

John Legend is so cute!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35491
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 25th 2012, 5:50 am

So, did you all like this? I watched most of it. My husband kept switching channels..lol.
I think I like it except for the judging system.
I also think that Jennifer seems to do the best in the duet format. I'm thinking it is because she works in a group, rather than strictly as a solo artist. She is also a damn fine singer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 25th 2012, 6:36 am

I watched it this morning ... I liked it. I think all four judges are fine, fine singers but Jennifer is my favourite. I think I love that they all perform without "autotune" anywhere in sight. Jennifer and Kelly are powerhouses, for sure.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 25th 2012, 8:43 am

i watched it and liked it...i said to my husband this one is "quiet" compared to say like AI and the Voice...and i loved how they just flew through who their duet partners were, i can't stand audition parts of these type of shows...Jennifer is amazing and i had no idea who she was before this show, loved her

now excuse me if i get a little crude here, but would you not die if you were singing with Robin Thicke, everything about him oozes sex, his songs are such panty droppers that if I was up there, my lord would i not die...i couldn't do it, i would have to jump him
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 25th 2012, 9:45 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 25th 2012, 6:25 pm

bergen wrote:
i watched it and liked it...i said to my husband this one is "quiet" compared to say like AI and the Voice...and i loved how they just flew through who their duet partners were, i can't stand audition parts of these type of shows...Jennifer is amazing and i had no idea who she was before this show, loved her

now excuse me if i get a little crude here, but would you not die if you were singing with Robin Thicke, everything about him oozes sex, his songs are such panty droppers that if I was up there, my lord would i not die...i couldn't do it, i would have to jump him

Jennifer is part of the duo of Sugarland (country music) if you loved her you must watch her on CMT's Crossroads with Bon Jovi....A-MAZ-ING!!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 25th 2012, 8:51 pm

lovin wrote:
bergen wrote:

Jennifer is part of the duo of Sugarland (country music) if you loved her you must watch her on CMT's Crossroads with Bon Jovi....A-MAZ-ING!!!

thanks lovin going to check that out
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Duets   May 26th 2012, 7:25 am

bergen wrote:
lovin wrote:
bergen wrote:

thanks lovin going to check that out

Not a problem, its one of my FAVORITE Crossroad shows. That and Martina McBride with Pat Benatar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duets   

Back to top Go down

Duets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: