AuthorMessage
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 11:30 am

New promo:

Rachel R. seems pretty upset at the end of it. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Season Finale of the Amazing Race 20 Promo   May 1st 2012, 2:57 pm

It sure looks like Rachel and Brendon are the ones that really messed up and lost.

Last edited by Maureen on May 1st 2012, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 3:41 pm

Classic misdirection ...

It remains to be seen whether a possible Brenchel victory will have a giant asterix next to it, just like the Uchenna/Joyce 'victory' over Romber in TAR7.

Number of posts : 14987
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 3:48 pm

I wonder if that means BR are the ones that screw up the RB. Or is that too obvious?

I guess we'll see how Brendon hurt his wrists/hands....maybe?

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 3:49 pm

I think there are two threads for the finale. Someone needs to merge them or whatever is done to them LOL

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 3:55 pm

Thank you!!

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 5:25 pm

catty wrote:
I wonder if that means BR are the ones that screw up the RB. Or is that too obvious?

I guess we'll see how Brendon hurt his wrists/hands....maybe?

I think it looks exactly like they are the ones that messed up (but it is SO obvious that it makes me wonder)
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 5:28 pm

Would they "really" spoil their cliffhanger after banking so much on it last promo? Also, it's Rachel... anything could have set her off. A gust of wind probably blew by and she snapped. Razz (kidding).
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 5:54 pm

Odin wrote:
Would they "really" spoil their cliffhanger after banking so much on it last promo? Also, it's Rachel... anything could have set her off. A gust of wind probably blew by and she snapped. Razz (kidding).

We know she gets frustrated ARRRG and then gets overly emotional Sad if she gets a feeling she is going to lose or is doing poorly...but that is the FIRST time I have ever seen her get that angry and say "I hate you".
I think Brendon messed them up and she is beyond ticked at him!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 1st 2012, 7:15 pm

Is it? Didn't she say it in the episode with the sausage tasting where she also threatened to toss herself in front of a car? I mean, it's possible that he/they screwed up, but I don't think it's at the pitstop. They look too far away from it in that clip.

ETA:

I was reading over on Sucks, and someone theorizes that Rachel B. screwed up by doing two roadblocks on a double roadblock. They use these pics as reasoning:

It's amazing to me that this promo sparked up so much intrigue, lol. People are surmising so hard, looking at clouds and daylight, zooming in on pics, trying to find locations and how far in miles they are from the pitstop. This is serious business, you guys!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 4th 2012, 4:17 pm

Phil talks about the finale and the game changing mistake a team makes!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Finale-Phil-Keoghan-1046967.aspx

Quote :
I've been watching since the first season and have always wondered if a team will ever mess up on the last leg and get turned back when they think they've won. And now it finally happens.

Phil Keoghan: [Laughs] I guess you kind of hope sometimes things like that will happen — not that I'm wishing for anything bad to happen to people. But of course it makes it interesting every time something new happens. ... It's weird because we've had it happen so many times on other legs, where a team has come in and not completed the course properly, and it's just never happened at the finish line ... It was a real surprise to all of us. It's not something we've sat around and talked about like, "Oh, can you imagine if we're on the final leg and a team comes in and doesn't complete the course?" We were all just like, "Did that just happen?"

Normally when a team runs in to the mat, it's done and dusted. If they see somebody on the mat, they know they're not first. If they see a clear mat, they think, "We just won The Amazing Race!" And certainly, this team came to the mat thinking they had just won The Amazing Race. Everything for them, running in — even the teams standing there didn't know — everybody's cheering, they've already cashed the check [in their minds], they jump and they're like, "What? We have to do what?" You see the shocked reactions from the other teams. That's absolutely genuine. They didn't foresee it either.

You hinted on Twitter that they didn't read the clue correctly. But I think a lot of people are wondering how they could get the next clue if they didn't complete the Roadblock. Or did they just stumble onto the next task without doing it?

Keoghan: We don't want to give it away because it's more complicated than [not reading the clue] — it's a lot of things. For this one team, they get told some news that they were not expecting to hear. Ultimately, everybody should read their clues. I think that and have your passport would be right up there. Know how to swim and drive stick. Those would be in the top five for sure.

After the fact, could you understand how they messed up? Do you think it had to do with fatigue? There are a lot of physical challenges on the leg.

Keoghan: There are some mental challenges, but I think this is the big challenge with The Amazing Race. You're going back and forth all the time between physical and mental challenges. You have to switch parts of your brain, if you like. That is, I think, tough for teams. When it's physical, they're moving and they feel like they're getting ahead. They feel like they're making progress and sometimes it's just better to stop physical motion altogether and just think. Just because you're going somewhere doesn't mean you're actually getting ahead. This team gets to the mat first, but they didn't do everything correctly.

And on the Vanessa/Rachel pit stop drama:

Quote :
Were you surprised Vanessa accused them of cheating at the last Pit Stop? If they had cheated, you would've penalized them already.

Keoghan: I wasn't surprised. I encourage them to vent. Part of what I'm there to do is to facilitate a discussion, and I could tell that she had something on her chest, so I told her to vent. You've got to understand that if you're racing and you think that somebody hasn't done something properly and you don't have all the facts, it's gonna eat at you and you're gonna vent it eventually. In the end, they called a truce. On average, I would talk to each team for 10 minutes. On that day, it was 30 with the two of them. What was interesting to me, if you watch the extended Mat Chat online, was how the men dealt with it.

They were almost embarrassed by it.

Keoghan: Right. Poor Brendon and Ralph. They were like, "C'mon! Let's move on." But that's the difference between the way guys deal with conflict and the way women deal with conflict. Guys get it out and move on. I'm generalizing, but a lot of times, guys will scream at each other, but once it's out, it's gone. They don't go back on it. With women, they tend to hold on to things longer. They want to fully explore feelings, what it really means, what they think it means. There's a lot more discussion.

Well, JJ is still hung up on Dave and Rachel not U-Turning Brendon and Rachel.

Keoghan: Yeah! I think he's tapping into more female tendencies. A lot of times Art has been like, "Let it go." You've noticed Art is the more chill of the two. JJ has definitely gotten more highly strung. Art and JJ have gone through quite a character arc, or at least JJ has. He started out kind of relaxed, they gave Bopper and Mark the money, which was incredibly generous, and now he's a lot more riled up and intense. Every team that is there has shown both sides of the spectrum of emotions. We've got a lot of Type As — a lot of emotion, a lot of angst. You've gotta remember that everything that happens is heightened because of sleep deprivation, pressure and what they've gone through. Quite frankly, we need people that are really, really hungry to win. That energy comes out on the show and the audience picks up on it. Even if they dislike it or they dislike that person for whatever reason, we want passion. We want fight. We want people to really want to be there and to win, and all of these teams do.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 4th 2012, 4:25 pm

So the error really does change the game? I keep thinking that even if this team made a mistake, they will still go back, fix it, and come in first. Can't wait for Sunday!

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 4th 2012, 4:36 pm

The final four Teams battle for the $1 million prize in a grueling two-hour season finale that starts in Japan. And for the first time ever, the finish line is not the end of the Race! Tune in on Sunday, May 6th at 8/7c only CBS!

----

It's nice to see JJ laughing for a change.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 2:21 am

Spoilerrific Finale Photos @ RFF:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27156.0.html

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16470
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 10:33 am

Wow ... great shots. Thanks for the link.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 12:13 pm

Keep in mind, a win for team Rachel and Brendon makes Rachel the reality star with the most money won on CBS!!! clap
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 12:50 pm

Since half is Brendon's she will tie with all winners of Survivor. And Sandra won twice so she won 2 mil.

But she will be the first to win two different shows!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35538
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 4:25 pm

Sounds like it will be a really exciting finish!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 4:38 pm

I have to hand it to RFF, they really do a good job of getting detailed info. I don't read everything they post because it is way too much to read, but for anyone who is a hardcore fan of the show, it is a good place to be. I love the show, but I don't think my love for the show compares to how much they love it.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 5:43 pm

KelliM wrote:
Keep in mind, a win for team Rachel and Brendon makes Rachel the reality star with the most money won on CBS!!! clap

I think she would tie those who won $1,000,000 for Survivor, as she got $500,000 for BB, and her half would be $500,000 for TAR. If you count the other half of $500,000 since Brendon and her are getting married than you might count Amber and Rob as a pair and they won $1,000,000 each on Survivor plus whatever for coming in 2nd on TAR. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 7:12 pm

Brendon Villegas ‏ @brendonvbb12

Thank u for all the support going in to tomorrow's Amazing Race Finale party! It's gonna be a doozy! Smile
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 10:10 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Survivor winners get 1 million. Hmmm well when it was brought to my attention, they also mentioned that Rachel and Brendon win. I guess if they were wrong about the money, they could have been wrong about them winning as well. LOL
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 5th 2012, 10:18 pm

One thing, I think, we can all agree on is that Art/JJ and Ralph/Vanessa don't win. I actually like Ralph but don't like his partner on the race.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 2:01 pm

Quote :
Come back Wednesday for

***Interviews with ALL 4 Amazing

Race Teams on RFFRadio***

Wednesday 9:00pm Eastern

*LIVE RIGHT AFTER SURVIVOR*

Clicking below opens a new window, and the live stream starts immediately!!
Back to top Go down
marylou2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 6:46 pm

Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35538
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 6:55 pm

If the weather broadcasters interrupt tonight I'm going to scream... and come here and expect you all to tell me what is up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:00 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
If the weather broadcasters interrupt tonight I'm going to scream... and come here and expect you all to tell me what is up.

I will keep running back to the computer and tell you, Nancy!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:05 pm

I'm on the laptop, I'll be talking to myself LOL, I'm nervousing.

Here we go!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:17 pm

Wow, that's big that all these teams are so ahead of Dave/Rachel. Someone has to screw up big time this leg because we do know that D/R do make it to Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:18 pm

I am surprised Rachel and Dave didn't make the ferry.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Right off the back, Rachel R is mad at Brendon, lol. Poor Dave and Rachel. Started off well, then got left behind. Art and JJ........ I hope they lose spectacularly just because of how they're treating Brenchel and Davchel.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Jack'd wrote:
Wow, that's big that all these teams are so ahead of Dave/Rachel. Someone has to screw up big time this leg because we do know that D/R do make it to Hawaii.

Yes...a big screw up is coming...even more than the ending!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:21 pm

Conan & Kardashian lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:21 pm

Maureen wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

Yes...a big screw up is coming...even more than the ending!!

Well there goes that theory lol.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:25 pm

That was an amazing site. This show makes me so want to see all these countries.

Here comes the funny part, the game show!!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:27 pm

Why do Art and JJ never comment on Vanessa and Ralph's poor directional ability? It's always Brenchel despite the fact that V/R consistently end up either missing something or in the wrong place, lol.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:34 pm

I give Vanessa props for not giving up with a sprained ankle. Her falls look so painful compared to every one else.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:35 pm

Oh my, wanted Vanessa out, but not like that. Out of all road blocks, there couldn't have been anything worse than this.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:35 pm

I actually felt bad for Vanessa...that had to have hurt her ankle like the dickens.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   May 6th 2012, 7:36 pm

Rachel (R&D) seemed to do as well as Brendon did on that challenge - don't know if that's true in unedited time or not. She is a competitor, that one!

PostSubject: Re: Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!   

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 & 12: 2 hour finale!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: