Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14847
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 19th 2012, 3:59 pm

I watched and liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

I think, after the 1st episode, that I liked Robin the most. Jacob was an idiot, and not because he quit. As for Alex, I'm not sure how I feel about him. He was annoying before he got his question answered, but even more so afterwards.

I did like the challenge and I liked the Q & A between the audience and the houseguests.

I'm going to keep watching. I tried watching the live feed last night but it wasn't working for me. It was a black screen and it didn't change.

The house is cool, but it seemed so small to me compared to the BB house.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 19th 2012, 5:19 pm

The final ratings for Monday night

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/19/monday-final-ratings-americas-got-talent-adjusted-up-the-glass-house-adjusted-down/138635/

The Glass House was the least watched show of the night based on total viewers (again i don't count shows that are on the CW because that isn't a real network IMO)
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 19th 2012, 5:50 pm

I watched too and found it to be OK. I'm trying not to compare it to BB, it's just a new show as far as I'm concerned and will give it a chance. That's what I did when I started watching BB, I really wasn't into it in the beginning. I remember think "wth is this?" lol, but here I am all these years later still watching. I missed a lot last night because I was doing things, but I will definitely continue to watch and pay closer attention.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 5:46 am

I recorded it and watched it last night.
It is a ripoff of BB and I don't know if it was just me or not, but some of the "characters/players/actors" reminded me of past BB houseguests.

Alex walking in with his yuppy business suit = Dr. Will (until his "mean" act came into play)
Mike the DJ = Casey
Stephanie the scientist = Michele Noonan
Kevin (the young cop with premature gray hair) that spoke up to Alex's bull = Jeff
Apollo the nice guy = Dan
And Jacob reminded me of Jesse (for some reason lol! )
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 6:02 am

Yup, I guess when they're casting these shows, they go for "types" and hope these people will play their roles to the hilt.
Did anyone else wonder what those collars were that each HG was wearing? At first I thought it was a new type of microphone ... is that what they are? (If so, they're a lot cooler looking than those clip on things with the annoying wire that BB HGs have to wear).
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 10:01 am

I figured those "collars" were their mics.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 11:28 am

Erica gives me a minor Rachel (Red) vibe from time to time... but she's more opinionated, less flashy, more mature, and definitely more sane. It's basically the small things: the glitter being her fave color, the love for "the gays," the way she's managed to turn off a good portion of the house, the way some cast members in the house are making an issue of her drinking... stuff like that.

The cast, overall, is a lot smarterand more informed than the people we'd get on current day BB though. That's just a fact.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 11:33 am

Odin wrote:
Erica gives me a minor Rachel (Red) vibe from time to time... but she's more opinionated, less flashy, more mature, and definitely more sane. It's basically the small things: the glitter being her fave color, the love for "the gays," the way she's managed to turn off a good portion of the house, the way some cast members in the house are making an issue of her drinking... stuff like that.

The cast, overall, is a lot smarterand more informed than the people we'd get on current day BB though. That's just a fact.

That doesn't make for good entertaining show! normal dumb american's is the way to go...and above all they gotta look good
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 11:43 am

lol, Scott.

Potential Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 5:52 pm

LOL, CBS releases a spoof Press Release -

Los Angeles, June 20, 2012 – Subsequent to recent developments in the creative and legal community, CBS Television today felt it was appropriate to reveal the upcoming launch of an exciting, ground-breaking and completely original new reality program for the CBS Television Network.

The dazzling new show, DANCING ON THE STARS, will be broadcast live from the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, and will feature moderately famous and sort of well-known people you almost recognize competing for big prizes by dancing on the graves of some of Hollywood’s most iconic and well-beloved stars of stage and screen.

The cemetery, the first in Hollywood, was founded in 1899 and now houses the remains of Andrew “Fatty” Arbuckle, producer Cecil B. DeMille, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Paul Muni, Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel, George Harrison of the Beatles and Dee Dee Ramone of the Ramones, among many other great stars of stage, screen and the music business. The company noted that permission to broadcast from the location is pending, and that if efforts in that regard are unsuccessful, approaches will be made to Westwood Village Memorial Park, where equally scintillating luminaries are interred.

“This very creative enterprise will bring a new sense of energy and fun that’s totally unlike anything anywhere else, honest,” said a CBS spokesperson, who also revealed that the Company has been working with a secret team for several months on the creation of the series, which was completely developed by the people at CBS independent of any other programming on the air. “Given the current creative and legal environment in the reality programming business, we’re sure nobody will have any problem with this title or our upcoming half-hour comedy for primetime, POSTMODERN FAMILY.”

“After all,” the spokesperson added, “people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.”

http://www.realitynation.com/tv-shows/reality-tv/cbs-press-release-jabs-at-glass-house-21024/
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 7:38 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14847
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 9:11 pm

Funny! lol!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 20th 2012, 10:41 pm

This show has a weird vibe. I feel there's too much going on at the same time and you can't really follow what's happening. It needs to be more organized so we can get to know the players.

There aren't enough one-on-one conversations either. I almost feel as if they're a group of adolescents running from room to room acting like morons.

The house itself is interesting but I have a hard time distinguishing one room from another.

The entire show seems very disorganized, chaotic and makes me nervous. I just want to scream "calm the ef down!!" so we can follow what's happening. Even during the one competition I saw, it was hard to understand what was happening due to the camera angles and lack of organization or something.

Maybe it's because I've watched BB since season one and it moves in an organized format at a pace that allows me to get to know the hg's as they interact with one another. These people just seem to run around from room to room without much discussion or personal contact.

I do like the unique way they vote. I like the voice of the announcer. I like some of the audience participation. Overall this show needs lots of tweeking before I'll be able to enjoy watching it. Hopefully after reading all the horrible comments posted everywhere the producers will get it together. It has the potential to be a good show imo. with some changes made to the format.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 22nd 2012, 10:22 am

So, do we know if Alex is still there? The feeds aren't live, right?
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 22nd 2012, 10:44 am

girlmomtobe wrote:
So, do we know if Alex is still there? The feeds aren't live, right?

The are live i guess because they ask the viewers poll questions, but those could easily be bullshit. I also read in the comment section that they don't have to spend the weekend in the house they get to go to a hotel, don't know if that's true or just several people being assholes
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 22nd 2012, 10:49 am

I'm 90% sure that Alex was voted out, going from the tweets of the cast and the fact that two new people seem to be setup to go into limbo.

I wonder how all this will play out because this game has some pretty obvious flaws in the system. For example, we're able to vote for the whole cast to stay, not just those in limbo, however, only two people are really in danger of going home every Monday as the game is presented to us thus far. Wouldn't a BETTER system be to be able to vote only between those in limbo when the time comes up? The numbers would be more accurate and to the point.

Also, I know this has been pointed out already, but it's hard to get invested in this show, not only because of the lack of perceived drama, but we're not even allowed to see any actual gameplay because the show is on once in edited form, and the live feeds are about interaction and not about playing... whatever the game seems to be. If one care enough, we get large clues from twitter how the players feel about each other or what the atmosphere is like when they're not faking it, but other than that... nada.
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 22nd 2012, 11:20 am

I haven't had a chance to watch any episodes. Is it only on TV once/week?
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 22nd 2012, 11:26 am

only airs on Monday nights, yep.

For those that care, I found this blog that keeps mostly up to date on the live feeds and extra clips: http://glasshouserecaps.blogspot.com/

Just saved you an hour. Razz
-----

Drama we are not seeing on live feeds:

Quote :

Apollo ‏@TGHApollo
theglasshouse - Just pulled off an epic acting job on the house. The best way to find out people's integrity is to test their character Smile

Apollo ‏@TGHApollo
theglasshouse - Everytime you see me scream, conspire, or plot, it's being done with the intention to find out who I can trust in the house

Apollo ‏@TGHApollo
theglasshouse -The darkness defines the light. The world is a stage & we're all playing characters.

Apollo ‏@TGHApollo
theglasshouse - Didn't think the Zen guy would start drama? Tune in this Monday to find out more about my TRUE strategy Smile oops.

Gene ‏@TGHGene
Drama falls on #TheGlassHouse i just want EVERYONE to know my HONOR should NEVER be in question in competition

Stephanie ‏@TGHStephanie
Good morning viewers! Limbo day today. As per usual, some unrest in #TheGlassHouse last night after the challenge- will this be a trend?

Stephanie ‏@TGHStephanie
After many hours chatting with the amazing @TGHErica , we really think our families should get together in Cincy to watch

Gene ‏@TGHGene
tweeps i would like 2 officially announce that @TGHJeffery has joined @TGHStephanie & I as a member of #TheGlassHouse#BreakfastClub

Erica ‏@TGHErica
Perhaps it should come as no surprise that transparency is key in#TheGlassHouse.

Erica ‏@TGHErica
There are two goals: 1) Don't alienate the audience 2) Don't alienate the viewers. This is not a dual-strategy game if you're not a jerk.

Erica ‏@TGHErica
@TGHStephanie is one of the most amazing women I have met in a while

Robin ‏@TGHRobin
pt 1: $250k's on the line. ALL my winnings wud go 2 anti bullying charities. But many need the $. All I'm sayin is . . .

Robin ‏@TGHRobin
pt 2: alliances, lies, game play of any kind blongs OFF the competition field. If ur chosen 2 play . . .

Robin ‏@TGHRobin
pt 3: play ur --- off 4 ur captain. He/she deserves full opportunity 2 play the game. Besides, babydoll, them's the rules.

Mike ‏@TGHMikeM
Irish brigade-getting annoyed quickly by several players. Must hold tongue. I luv Apollo. vote him to stay!!!

Mike ‏@TGHMikeM
I can't kiss butt on the live feeds. Don't hold that against me. But watch who is...the are the real phonies.

Holly ‏@TGHHolly
I'm very proud of myself at today's challenge, completely rocked it out! Always doing my part for the team #uknowit

Kevin ‏@TGHKevin
Great day in #theglasshouse ... two for two in challenges. Hope that the good luck keeps up. I'm gonna need it!!!

courtesy of Sucks, who keep up with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 7:07 pm

Apparently, the episode from tonight is much better than the premiere going from the spoilers out right now. We'll see, I guess.
Back to top Go down
giggles
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4245
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 9:28 pm

the 2nd episode hasn't been bad..but damn why would you ever got up to someone and say yeah i voted for you to go to limbo...dumb!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 9:33 pm

I like this challenge! This episode is far better than the last one.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 9:53 pm

Shug wrote:
I like this challenge! This episode is far better than the last one.

there is no way I could blow up 500 balloons...it would take me a week. I definitely think they kissed too much Ashley ass this week, but I suppose it would be difficult to give someone $1000 dollars and it not make things tricky.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 9:54 pm

so who left?
Back to top Go down
giggles
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 9:57 pm

girlmomtobe wrote:
so who left?

Alex
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 9:58 pm

girlmomtobe wrote:
so who left?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 10:16 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem getting excited about The Glass House?

I LMAO when the liar/art major couldn't recall who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel then couldn't remember the title of any paper she wrote as a psychology major or the name of any psychologist except. . . Dr. Phil! shoot_me

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 10:28 pm

You know what I realized about this show? The music is too subtle and sucky. I honestly get more invested in BB and other competition shows because of the music. ABC, what's up?
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 25th 2012, 11:18 pm

I feel like they are reading cue cards. Seems fake.JMO
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 12:53 am

Shug wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem getting excited about The Glass House?

I LMAO when the liar/art major couldn't recall who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel then couldn't remember the title of any paper she wrote as a psychology major or the name of any psychologist except. . . Dr. Phil! shoot_me

Yup, can't get into it all. It's no BB!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35509
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 5:45 am

I got to watch a little last night. Some of it seems OK, but just as I suspected.... having the home audience vote is a bummer. The viewers will vote out all the drama.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 6:49 am

I watched for the second time ... I like the challenges so far. (and the way they vote) I also like the way they chose this week's captains (audience vote for least favourite HGs). It gives the house a good idea of how they're being perceived. I also like that the evicted HG comes from the losing team in the challenges.
I think Apollo blew it by accusing Gene of throwing the challenge ... he let his paranoia get the best of him. Since the fans voted Apollo least favourite HG, I guess he realized that his method of choosing who to vote for wasn't going over too well with the audience. Lol
Holly was a hot mess. Saying she majored in art history and then psychology and then not being able to back it up at all was hilarious. It ranks right up there with BB13's "What's estrogen" moment.

Last edited by Cousin_Jake on June 26th 2012, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 7:36 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I got to watch a little last night. Some of it seems OK, but just as I suspected.... having the home audience vote is a bummer. The viewers will vote out all the drama.

That's exactly what happened in BB1, you would think viewers would want the drama.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 11:11 am

Once again the Glass House was the least watched show of the night (based on total viewers) (CW doesn't count)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/26/tv-ratings-monday-americas-got-talent-up-hells-kitchenthe-bachelorette-and-the-glass-house-down/139250/
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 12:05 pm

It comes on too late for most people to even appreciate that type of show.

In other news, apparently, drama popped off last night, but of course, we once again won't get to witness it unless it makes the show or an online clip. It seemed to be the mormon vs. gays debate (again?). Also, I read that they producers left the cams up a little longer last night but didn't tell the cast, and once the players thought the cams were off, many of them acted completely differently. Joy broke down, Mike and Kevin started complaining about people and not wanting to share the spotlight, Ashley was suddenly more likeable...

ABC is running this show so poorly, lol. Oh, if you still care about Alex, he was on Rob C.'s show talking about his experience and BTS stuff. He also claims he's being courted by other (rival) networks to be on a show. I doubt that.

BTW, isn't it interesting how people are mad Alex didn't get to stay in the house via some type of manipulation, but some of those same people complain about Grodner and what they perceive to be manipulation in BB?
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 12:14 pm

I want them to interfere to make the show better! Grodner interferes to purposely make the show worse for some reason
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 12:19 pm

Odin, thanks for posting that. It's funny that when the hg's thought the cameras were off they immediately began to "act" differently. This show is over scripted imo.

Watching The Glass House has made me appreciate BB even more.

I'm very happy we get the live feeds 24/7 and know what's really happening in the BB house, not just what they show on TV.

I also appreciate the structure of BB much more now. It's far easier to follow the drama and get to know the hgs. An hour a week is just not enough time to be able to know these people and understand what has happened in a week.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 1:02 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

The same people who voted out Alex will be the same people who will be complaining and wondering why the show gets cancelled after 1 season
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 1:29 pm

I think people are being kinda tough on the show by comparing it to the current (or the better seasons of) BB instead of looking at it like it's its own entity. It needs time to grow and develop into its own show just like BB1 became better by its second incarnation.

All that said, ABC is screwing it up all over the place. You can't just take an idea at its core and then not develop anything or do a piss-poor job at it. The website and live stream SUCK. Errors are all over the page and the stream doesn't even work correctly a good deal of the time. It's been over a week now. All this voting is unnecessary. Let's cut that back A LOT. When you're trying to watch these people fullscreen, you don't want to be bombarded with "New Poll" messages every 3 minutes.

ABC also needs to air this show earlier. It's a gameshow; they should air it in an appropriate timeslot like they would their other gameshows (Wipeout). None of the gameshows they've tried airing at 9/10 pm have survived a season. It also doesn't help that, unlike BB, we only see these guys once a week. That's a lot to be missing out on when there's no supplement. This isn't an already taped reality show like Survivor and what not. This is happening real time. They need at least two shows to build an audience and characters.

I just feel like if they're not going to dedicate some effort into improving the concept, then they just need to cut it loose and not waste their, our, and the contestants' time.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 1:33 pm

Quote :
@StevesReality: If you like hearing about equal rights issues, prop 8, etc… today could be the day to tune into #TheGlassHouse live on http://t.co/K76fui20
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   June 26th 2012, 2:08 pm

Odin wrote:
Quote :
@StevesReality: If you like hearing about equal rights issues, prop 8, etc… today could be the day to tune into #TheGlassHouse live on http://t.co/K76fui20

Nope! They gave the idiot viewers a choice between entertainment or boring and they chose boring...not shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABC's Glass House   

Back to top Go down

ABC's Glass House
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: