Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 24th 2012, 3:31 pm

New promo out. Check out Rachel Red riding the elephant. I think it's pretty clear they pass on the FF, and we get more Mark & Bopper woes:

CBS's embed code is spotty. Vid is also here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27114.msg744260.html#msg744260

Last edited by Odin on April 24th 2012, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14909
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 24th 2012, 3:41 pm

I can't see the video, but I'm not sure if it's my computer or the video.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35524
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 4:17 pm

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” – One determined Racer powers through pain in the wake of a physical misstep, and teams pull out all of the bells and whistles for a larger than life challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 7:25 pm

Art and JJ have already annoyed me. They're so concerned about what every other team is doing. Just focus on yourselves, gracious. In other news, Rachel's insecurities strike her again. Poor girl.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 7:26 pm

I feel so sad for Rachel. Low self esteem is so hurtful.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 7:42 pm

Nice play by Rachel and Dave to secure their (assumed) first place, lol.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 7:45 pm

Please, please let Art and JJ be last! They are so irritating.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 7:46 pm

KayS wrote:
Please, please let Art and JJ be last! They are so irritating.

YES! But I have a feeling something will happen.

Also, I didn't say it last post, but serious props to Vanessa for taking a heavy spill and still doing incredibly well in this portion of the race.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:02 pm

Mark and Bopper and Rachel and Brendon made this season for me!!!
Next week won't seem the same without Mark and Bopper! LOVE THEM!

Ok, Rachel and Brendon, ALL my rooting is on you two now...GO RED QUEEN!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:07 pm

OMG, next week looks Amazeballs!!! I can't wait. I call Rachel & Dave winning 1st place, who forgot to complete part of the road block, with Rachel & Brendon coming second and winning TAR.

How about that stupid Vanessa, why even bring that up at the mat, of course the powers that be know if Rachel & Brendon didn't complete the task, she's such a pain the ass.

Too bad for Bopper & Mark! had they left the last pit stop earlier, they would have had this in the bag. I wonder if it was mandatory that Mark had to stay a certain amount of time resting or if they chose to leave as late as they did. Whatever the reason, they sure made this season, what a great pair of friends.

Kay, I agree about Rachel and her self esteem issues, we have always known this though from BB though. I wish she could just embrace the fact that she's a pretty girl with a lot going for her. LOL at her telling Phil Vanessa doesn't like her sequins.

Good show tonight, next week I'll be a nervous wreck, biting everything I can fit in my mouth lol!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:09 pm

So sad to see Mark and Bopper leave, but they remained such good sports about it. It'd be awesome if Rachel/Brendon/Mark/Bopper were the reason Art and JJ went home after all the complaining and big talk they gave. They're just irritating characters.

The finale really has me intrigued. I wonder if Rachel and Dave were, once again, the first team to the mat and had to go back. I kinda wish they didn't spoil that little tidbit. It'd be much more exciting if we didn't know anything about it.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:14 pm

Mark and Bopper left with dignity, hope they can parlay their experience into something, they deserve it.

Can't wait for the finale!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:14 pm

Odin, it was so funny to see Art/JJ imitating Dave (and his nasty attitude towards his wife) and then minutes later they were acting just like Dave...if not worse. lol!
Idiots!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:15 pm

A couple of Phil's tweets -

Regarding Rachel/Vanessa

Phil Keoghan ‏ @PhilKeoghan
A to Q when the teams come in for #MatChat I talk to them for an average of 10 minutes ... this chat went on for about 40!

Ouch, that's a bit extreme don't you think:) RT @calbears96 did you think about shoving both of them into the river?

Everything is tested many times over RT @Pupster_2000 Do you have teams that time-test the challenges?

Not sure if i'm buying reconciliation between Rachel/Vanessa, but smart 2 brush it aside so it doesn't cloud their gameplay.

Next week we finish in Hawaii where the game’s # 1 rule, read the entire clue, takes on a whole new meaning! U don't wanna miss it.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:16 pm

One of the people Phil was talking to in that preview sighed and it had a female sound to it so he probably wasn't talking to Art and JJ, Rachel and Dave are always so meticulous when reading their clues and making sure they have done everything before leaving a task so it was probably one of the other teams
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:40 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
One of the people Phil was talking to in that preview sighed and it had a female sound to it so he probably wasn't talking to Art and JJ, Rachel and Dave are always so meticulous when reading their clues and making sure they have done everything before leaving a task so it was probably one of the other teams

I thought the sigh was from the sisters that were watching from the sidelines, Scott.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 8:43 pm

Maureen wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:

I thought the sigh was from the sisters that were watching from the sidelines, Scott.

It sounded to close to Phil to be someone from the sidelines and it kinda sounded like vanessa
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 9:13 pm

Bopper Minton
We did our best,And darn proud of it!!! We love Clay Co.And kentucky proud.. ;)But the best is yet TO COME !!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 9:20 pm

I hope the "best is yet to come" is Bopper and Mark getting their own reality show!

Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3286
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 9:25 pm

Maureen wrote:
I hope the "best is yet to come" is Bopper and Mark getting their own reality show!

Yes, please!!!

They have made me cry so many times with their friendship. They are so wonderful.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 9:31 pm

I read on RFF that Mark and Bopper will be on The Talk sometime this week. Thursday or Friday I think.

I haven't seen tonight's episode, but I bet I'll be a mix of happy and sad.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 29th 2012, 11:03 pm

I wish Art and JJ had been eliminated.

I couldn't even tell from the preview who Phil was talking to. Hope BR or DR win this season.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 12:03 am

I hear that Mark and Bopper trended tonight on twitter. I'm glad they're getting so much love. They're very endearing people. Speaking of Art and JJ, this is the lowest they've placed all race. Odd how they're cooling off now and Vanessa/Ralph are marginally heating up. Very nice of Brenchel to still finish second (with a great chance of coming in first had the ferry not gone off) despite not doing the (mostly useless) FF.

However, the past 4 legs have been designed with some obvious flaws, imo. Both NEL legs have resulted in teams being very far behind the group and the very next leg has a gimmick on it, which is of NO use if A) a team doesn't screw up badly or B) there's no bunching point, which were prominent in the earlier legs of the race. If a team is 3 hours behind, no one has to really worry about being eliminated and taking risks. It is funny, however, that both Vanessa/Ralph and Art/JJ came close to being sent home regardless of that, lol.

Vids:

Ralph is over the fighting b/t Rachel and Vanessa

Vanessa would shave her head; Rachel doesn't believe it

Vanessa talks about her fall

Mark and Bopper's goodbye

Dave is not happy with something Rachel did

Art and JJ don't care about Dave and Rachel or Brendon and Rachel.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 5:46 am

Thanks for the videos, Odin.

I said it before I think Ralph is a good guy, he just got stuck with a "self-centered mean" girlfriend.

Rachel and Brendon are correct, it is so EASY to say you would have done something when you didn't have to make the choice to do it.
(IMO no way would Vanessa have shaved her head and I highly doubt she brought a wig in her suitcase).
To be honest, I would have been horrified if Rachel shaved her head with her wedding coming up in less than a year.

Mark and Bopper...nothing more to say than they are one of the greatest teams I have ever seen on a reality show. Love them to pieces!

For once, I agree with Major Dave...no need to "wave" like that when you know you are coming in first again.

Art and J/J...bullyish 6th grade attitudes on them. (If you don't do exactly what I say I ain't playin' with you and I will talk smack about you forever and get my pals to hate you too)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 5:53 am

CindyChiangHalvorsen ‏ @MsCindyChiang
Shaving my head was the only thing I wouldn't do @AmazingRace_CBS. Lucked out that we didn't get the challenge! @RachelEReilly @brendonvbb12
Retweeted by Rachel Reilly
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 6:29 am

I would be fine with Dave/Rachel winning if it can't be B/R...they have been the most consistent in the race. And the way Rachel stacked those bales of hay a few episodes back...yeah that was awesome, my dh says "she's a badass" LOL!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9255
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 6:49 am

i don't understand the whole 3 to 7 wheelbarrow comment thing vanessa mentioned at the mat? but wouldn't they of not let B/R get a clue if they didn't do 15, or Phil would of made them go back and finish at check in?
i just didn't understand it, and it seemed so staged by Phil
Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 7:05 am

Thanks for the videos Odin!!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 7:47 am

There are more vids, btw, I only chose a few to showcase here.

Bergen,

Art, JJ, and Vanessa seemed very concerned about stuff Brenchel were doing this leg, and they've been obsessed with commenting on Brenchel a good portion of the race. Part of me thinks it might be a clue for the finale. Part of me, however, makes me think it's setting Art/JJ/Ralph/Vanessa up for a fall. If Rachel and Brendon didn't complete the task correctly, they wouldn't have gotten the clue. What caught me off guard is one of Art and JJ said Rachel was "a very nice lady" while trying to manipulate her. I never expected to hear that, lol.

As for who is on the mat when Phil is speaking, I've seen more people suggesting it's Rachel B. If it were Rachel R., I think it'd be a little more noticeable. The real question is does the final leg have 2 or more roadblocks and how far is it from the finish line?
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 8:42 am

Odin wrote:
There are more vids, btw, I only chose a few to showcase here.

Bergen,

Art, JJ, and Vanessa seemed very concerned about stuff Brenchel were doing this leg, and they've been obsessed with commenting on Brenchel a good portion of the race. Part of me thinks it might be a clue for the finale. Part of me, however, makes me think it's setting Art/JJ/Ralph/Vanessa up for a fall. If Rachel and Brendon didn't complete the task correctly, they wouldn't have gotten the clue. What caught me off guard is one of Art and JJ said Rachel was "a very nice lady" while trying to manipulate her. I never expected to hear that, lol.

As for who is on the mat when Phil is speaking, I've seen more people suggesting it's Rachel B. If it were Rachel R., I think it'd be a little more noticeable. The real question is does the final leg have 2 or more roadblocks and how far is it from the finish line?

this episode was really odd when it came to the others that have had problems with B&R, i remember scratching my head about that conversation with rachel and art also, and the very nice lady
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 10:22 am

I just had to pass this along. When I was watching last night with my husband, and they got to the head shaving part, Rachel was crying and talking about needing hair to look pretty. My husband said "she needs more than hair - I hate to say it, but HE is the eye candy of that relationship". LOL

I just thought it was hilarious that he was commenting on Brendan being a good-looking guy - so out of character for him that I cracked up.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 1:11 pm

God this season sucks. Too bad the only good people on it left last night. Love Mark & Booper.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 3:48 pm

lallybelle wrote:
God this season sucks. Too bad the only good people on it left last night. Love Mark & Booper.

I have watched every season since season 1 and I think this has been one of the BEST seasons of TAR!
It had LOTS of tough challenges, LOTS of drama and LOTS of comedy/funny moments and LOTS of tender moments ...it had the perfect mix of everything and it made for an exciting season!

I like watching the challenges but it gets boring if there is little drama, little comedy and no tender moments!

Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4626

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 5:46 pm

lallybelle wrote:

Yep... I guess I could say the same since I keep forgetting to watch... or DVR it.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 6:30 pm

Schooner wrote:
I just had to pass this along. When I was watching last night with my husband, and they got to the head shaving part, Rachel was crying and talking about needing hair to look pretty. My husband said "she needs more than hair - I hate to say it, but HE is the eye candy of that relationship". LOL

I just thought it was hilarious that he was commenting on Brendan being a good-looking guy - so out of character for him that I cracked up.

Most guys look good when they are hot and sweaty and IMO most women don't!
I know I don't...that is for sure!
I think your hubby needs to check Rachel out when she isn't competing in 105 degree temps and sweating up a storm. (If he doesn't think Rachel is pretty in these photos...well, you must look like Miss Universe because he seems to be one fussy guy when it comes to what he considers pretty lol! )

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 6:49 pm

I agree Maureen, I'm enjoying the season too. Lots of drama for sure. If I weren't enjoying it, well then I wouldn't be watching it. Seems silly to watch a show you aren't enjoying, I've stopped watching Survivor for that same reason, annoyed the shit out of me, so I'm done!

Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 6:59 pm

I'm enjoying the season too. I fell in love with Mark and Bopper, They were a breath of fresh air. No fighting, enjoyed the experience. Of course the snarky couples add the drama we all love! And I loved the scenery this year.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 7:29 pm

i love TAR for the challenges the most...as for the drama, i don't expect it with TAR, if it's there i will take it, if not it doesn't bother me, i do think this season has been to much of a focus on 3 specific teams, with another coming in first almost all the time so that does take away from seeing the other teams, but to me TAR is always good.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 10:02 pm

I was just reading at RFF in their spoiler thread for the final episode. Found out some things. They have pics of when Phil was telling the winning team that they were the 1st team to arrive but had to go back because of the road block. They have these of Kerri & Stacy, which as you can see, Kerri seems to be laughing. Why would she laugh? Who didn't they like? I know they didn't like Dave/Rachel, anyone else? I also know they didn't have a problem with Rachel/Brendon. I don't remember how they felt about Vanessa/Ralph and Art/JJ. Anyone remember?

Here's their link to watch the video of the preview if you want. It's a couple of posts down. IDK if CBS has the link up yet.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27139.0.html

Also, they are saying that when Phil was talking with the team, he was looking up a bit, which would mean the guy was as tall or taller than Phil. That would be either Dave or Brendon. I really didn't see that to be the case while watching the preview. There is a second there where he does seem to look up a bit, but who knows. This is all just speculation, but it's fun!

They're amazing over at RFF, gave me one big headache with all those maps and diagrams lol!

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   April 30th 2012, 10:32 pm

Kerri and Stacy disliked Vanessa a lot. Vanessa called them ghetto trash once, if that gives you any indication of their relationship. They also had a bad experience with Dave of Davchel, which was very similar to their encounter with Ralph. Out of the final 4, they only really like Brenchel. They thought Art and JJ were rude/jerks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"   

Back to top Go down

Episode 10: "I Need Hair to be Pretty"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: