Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
catty

Number of posts : 15040
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 17th 2012, 4:42 pm

The Amazing Race goes to Bollywood! But what if you can't dance? For these best friends from Kentucky, could this be the end of the line? Tune in on Sunday, April 22nd at 8/7c only CBS!

From DVR: A team loses faith when a task seems insurmountable; a racer must decide whether to risk well-being for the game.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 18th 2012, 6:37 pm

It just dawned on me as I looked at the detour pics... we're gonna see Art or JJ dance this episode... and maybe both Rachels (definitely BB Rachel as, once again, she takes the task).
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 20th 2012, 4:41 pm

Gender disparities cause one Team to lose faith when a challenge seems insurmountable, and emotions run high as a Racer must weigh their own well-being, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 20th 2012, 5:00 pm

If it were really the end of the line for Mark and Bopper, do you think they'd really think they'd advertise it?
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 20th 2012, 6:18 pm

everyone looks so pissed off during that challenge (where are Rachel and Dave?). Boots, they would and they have before during other seasons. However, I don't think this is an elimination leg, personally. We're having a final 4 finale, so the final 5 have to last for at least one more episode after this.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 9:21 am

Odin wrote:
everyone looks so pissed off during that challenge (where are Rachel and Dave?). Boots, they would and they have before during other seasons. However, I don't think this is an elimination leg, personally. We're having a final 4 finale, so the final 5 have to last for at least one more episode after this.

Rachel (Dave's Rachel) is shown very briefly in the dancing clip, Odin...and she is the only one that looks happy while she is dancing.

I am excited to watch tonight's episode but so scared Mark and Bopper might be going off the show. The show just won't be the same if they go.
PLEASE let it be Vanessa that goes...pleeeeeeease!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 4:05 pm

Brendon Villegas ‏ @brendonvbb12
@PhilKeoghan Still laughing that I didn't know it was you on the phone today. Andrew is also a cyclist buddy. We will have to ride some day.

Andrew Gordon ‏ @Captain_Kosher Close
@AmazingRace_CBS Take a look@best men 4 their wedding- LOL nice to meet u Phil-enjoy #AR show @PhilKeoghan @brendonvbb
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 4:16 pm

Hey that's cool.

When do they usually have a "you're still racing" leg? They usually have one towards the end, but I don't remember when.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 4:18 pm

catty wrote:
Hey that's cool.

When do they usually have a "you're still racing" leg? They usually have one towards the end, but I don't remember when.

It should be coming up soon, Catty.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 5:00 pm

Odin wrote:

I noticed that too Odin. You would think this would be a fun challenge. I wonder why our Rachel is so emotional? (Not that Rachel needs a particular reason to be emotional.) lol! This challenge seems like something she would love to do.

I hope this is not an elimination leg. I don't want to see Mark and Bopper go home. Sad

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 6:00 pm

it's probably because Bollywood (though I believe they're in the wrong location for it to be a bollywood challenge... not sure) dancing isn't easy to learn and requires a lot of co-ordination, timing, and ability. Not something you can just pick up in most cases.

Again, I'm going to point out that the finale is final 4 this year, so I highly doubt anyone will be eliminated this leg. *waits to be proven wrong... later on tonight, lol*
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 6:54 pm

Odin wrote:
it's probably because Bollywood (though I believe they're in the wrong location for it to be a bollywood challenge... not sure) dancing isn't easy to learn and requires a lot of co-ordination, timing, and ability. Not something you can just pick up in most cases.

Again, I'm going to point out that the finale is final 4 this year, so I highly doubt anyone will be eliminated this leg. *waits to be proven wrong... later on tonight, lol*

Well if it is Vanessa that would go, Odin, I hope you are wrong lol! ...but if it is M/B or R/B that would go...I hope you are right!

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:14 pm

I'm shocked this is the first challenge. I thought it was near the end or something. I now see why Rachel (of Davechel) was smiling. She's been doing dance her whole life or some such.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25137
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:32 pm

That looks tough!!
Back to top Go down
Suz730
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:34 pm

It looks sooo hard. I wish it told us how far behind each team was. I would love to know how long it took them to do that.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:47 pm

uuuuugh, I don't want Mark/Bopper to just go. *hopes for a twist ending*
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:48 pm

Sad

Number of posts : 12117
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:49 pm

Odin wrote:
uuuuugh, I don't want Mark/Bopper to just go. *hopes for a twist ending*

Me too, Odin.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm

OMG!!!!! YES YES YES!!!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:57 pm

How dare this show play with my hopes and beliefs. I was completely confident in what I said an hour ago, lol.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 7:59 pm

Geezus!!!! I got crying twice!!!
Thank God they are still in it!!
GO MARK AND BOPPER!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:00 pm

Yikes, I don't care for Vanessa's personality but I hope she didn't break her ankle.
That fall was really bad!!

And oh my God...Rachel is going to let them shave her hair?????????????
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:04 pm

Oh my! Next week looks exciting!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:09 pm

LOL, what an episode! I would still be there if I had to do that dance in 100 degree heat. Poor Mark, did you know he "throwed up all the way there" LOL. Rachel didn't disappoint with her crying antics again. I'm starting to think that while some heard that Rachel won TAR, I'm thinking maybe it's the other Rachel (Dave). They are one heck of a team winning 5 legs to date.

Talk about luck though, those Kentucky boys do have it. They came in last on two of the three non elimination legs.

Of course, Rachel cries again next week over the possibility of shaving her head and losing her $500 extensions lol!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:10 pm

Phil Keoghan ‏ @PhilKeoghan Reply Retweet Favorite ∑ Open
Itís always hard to tell people they are the last to arrive on the mat @AmazingRace_CBS
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:13 pm

Jack'd wrote:
LOL, what an episode! I would still be there if I had to do that dance in 100 degree heat. Poor Mark, did you know he "throwed up all the way there" LOL. Rachel didn't disappoint with her crying antics again. I'm starting to think that while some heard that Rachel won TAR, I'm thinking maybe it's the other Rachel (Dave). They are one heck of a team winning 5 legs to date.

Talk about luck though, those Kentucky boys do have it. They came in last on two of the three non elimination legs.

Of course, Rachel cries again next week over the possibility of shaving her head and losing her $500 extensions lol!

Me too!!
I think people got the inside scoop but on the wrong Rachel. She (Dave's Rachel) is a great player...she did that dance in one try!! God bless her! I would be like you and do it in 100 tries IF I was lucky!! lol!
Just imagine how hot it was too!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:17 pm

Spoiler:

I don't care. All I know is that Art & JJ most likely didn't, and I find a victory in that. Their behavior all race (anespecially the anti-women comments this leg) have worn me out.

also, Rachel Red is such a ridiculous character. She would cry over those extensions. So far, I think we've only gone two episodes with a Rachel crying scene. This girl.

That fall for Vanessa looked painful. Poor her.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:21 pm

Odin wrote:
Kaylani, Rachel's ex bestie, claims Brenchel won, meanwhile someone on RFF is adamant Davchel win. I don't care. All I know is that Art & JJ most likely didn't, and I find a victory. Their behavior all race (anespecially the anti-women comments this leg) have worn me out.

also, Rachel Red is such a ridiculous character. She would cry over those extensions. So far, I think we've only gone two episodes with a Rachel crying scene. This girl.

I wouldn't cry only because there is no way I would shave my head for $1M...and that is the truth.
So if she does it and cries...I sure wouldn't condemn her for crying.
And I don't think she is ridiculous, she has said in numerous interviews that she cries to release stress/frustrations...I do the same thing so I get her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:23 pm

Phil Keoghan ‏ @PhilKeoghan
At the start of the season, how many of you thought @brendonvbb12 and @RachelEReilly would B in the final 5? Strong competitors 4 sure.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9264
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:25 pm

ya'll, i can't take it anymore!!!!!! everytime i get myself ok with mark & bopper going, they hang in there! i'm happy for them but my tear ducts are tired
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:27 pm

It just wouldnít feel right if @RachelEReilly didnít throw a fit  #AmazingRace lol!

I remember when Joyce shaved her head, I nearly died for her. She looked amazing though and she and Euchenna ended up winning the race. I would shave mine, it's only hair, it will grow back, nice look for the Summer too lol.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:31 pm

bergen wrote:
ya'll, i can't take it anymore!!!!!! everytime i get myself ok with mark & bopper going, they hang in there! i'm happy for them but my tear ducts are tired

Tonight was the first time my hubby didn't laugh at me for crying over a TV show...he felt bad for Mark too!!
He actually said "well, don't give up on them maybe it is one of those NELs"
I don't know one person that is watching this show that doesn't love/adore/really like Mark and Bopper.
I wish they had their own reality show...I would be addicted to it!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:34 pm

Jack'd wrote:

It just wouldnít feel right if @RachelEReilly didnít throw a fit  #AmazingRace lol!

I remember when Joyce shaved her head, I nearly died for her. She looked amazing though and she and Euchenna ended up winning the race. I would shave mine, it's only hair, it will grow back, nice look for the Summer too lol.

I couldn't believe she did it, Lynda...I had SOOOOO much respect for her because there is no way I would have.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 8:42 pm

Here's the clip of Joyce shaving her head. Still hard to watch. Anyway, this was for a fast forward, so does that mean that they don't have to do it if they don't want to? If they don't, then that would explain why Rachel's head wasn't shaved.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 10:56 pm

Rachel, of Dave and Rachel, kicked ass in that dancing routine.

So happy Rachel beat Art in cricket!

If Vanessa is a horrible driver, why do the driving task? They should have done the other one.

I felt so bad for Mark and Bopper. They have such a nice friendship. I cried even though I had already come in here earlier and knew they weren't gone this week.

I just love them to pieces.

ETA: I would shave my hair for a million dollars. It's already so short and it will grow back.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 22nd 2012, 11:06 pm

Maureen wrote:
Odin wrote:
Kaylani, Rachel's ex bestie, claims Brenchel won, meanwhile someone on RFF is adamant Davchel win. I don't care. All I know is that Art & JJ most likely didn't, and I find a victory. Their behavior all race (anespecially the anti-women comments this leg) have worn me out.

I wouldn't cry only because there is no way I would shave my head for $1M...and that is the truth.
So if she does it and cries...I sure wouldn't condemn her for crying.
And I don't think she is ridiculous, she has said in numerous interviews that she cries to release stress/frustrations...I do the same thing so I get her. Very Happy

I generally find Rachel to be ridiculous, which is probably why she hops all around my tolerance/entertainment levels, lol. I both like and dislike this trait of hers depending on what she brings to the table in any pending episode. I just found it so weird that she specifically brought up her extensions and how "sad" it'd be, lol.

I enjoyed seeing Art and JJ lose to Brenchel (again). Now, if Art and JJ can be beaten by both Rachels the rest of the season, it'd be beyond acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 23rd 2012, 5:48 am

Some extra clips to check out.

JJ gets emotional and talks about his adoptive son:

- this humanizing moment needed to be in the show

Rachel and Dave talk about the bollywood dance and how "erotic" it was:

Brenchel don't care about Art, JJ, Vanessa, or Ralph any more:

"Davchel" is the team to beat:

Mark and Bopper run out of gas:

Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 23rd 2012, 7:14 am

This season is still on? zzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2756
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 23rd 2012, 8:08 am

M/B must be HOURS & HOURS behind the others. Since they remain in India for another leg, I don't see how they can catch up (no fly-to-another-continent equalizer).

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9264
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   April 23rd 2012, 8:35 am

it does seem like a loooong season lally...but hell every reality show does to me anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"   

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 "Bollywood Travolta"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: