mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 6:26 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Believe it or not but some of us with unique names survive childhood just fine and have normal productive adult lives.

Ok, now you have to tell us your unique name.

I can't here, I prefer to be anonymous. But I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person in the world with my name.

Anyhow, my niece has a friend at school named Casarian, pronounced kay-sarian. When I see him at school events I have to really think about his name so I won't slip up and call him caesarean by accident.
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 6:40 pm

mytwocents wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Believe it or not but some of us with unique names survive childhood just fine and have normal productive adult lives.

I can't here, I prefer to be anonymous. But I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person in the world with my name.

Anyhow, my niece has a friend at school named Casarian, pronounced kay-sarian. When I see him at school events I have to really think about his name so I won't slip up and call him caesarean by accident.

There's unique and then there is cruel. There is a difference.

As someone with a common name, I would have given my eye tooth to have not been one of four people with my name in grade school. That being said, I would not have wanted to be named after a disease, pharmaceutical, or medical procedure in exchange.

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 6:49 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Ceattle? That is horrid.
I look at it and see "cattle" misspelled. Not to mention Seattle misspelled. I just cannot with the bad names. #itsaformofchildabusepeople

Agreed.

For some reason, I can see them naming their second child 'Ceabiscuit'.

Back to top Go down
Sarahnator
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2459
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 6:53 pm

pdr wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:
I read it as "cattle" too. If it's supposed to be pronounced Seattle, just spell it that way. You know she's going to have to spell her name for people a million times before she even gets her first job. Weird name ... somewhat appropriate for a pair of rodeo parents I guess.
I have an adverse reaction to the name Justin. I once had a demon child named Justin in my grade eight class. I think he aged me ten years in that one school year. In self defense, I ended up bringing him in early every morning and feeding him into a stupor.

I went to school with a kid and his name was Justin Case. I guess his parents thought they were being clever with the play on words thing. LOL

A friend of one of my friends' name is Justin Case. But then again, he's a stripper lol! Real name is Tommy.

Back to top Go down
BB4Me!
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 7:04 pm

Moody wrote:
BB4Me! wrote:
Happy, where did you see pics of the nursery, and pdr, how were you able to see that? I need to up my lurker skills! lol!

You need to friend Terryn on facebook.

Ohhh, nevermind then! LOL It's bad enough he is still on mine!
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 7:34 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Ceattle? That is horrid.
I look at it and see "cattle" misspelled. Not to mention Seattle misspelled. I just cannot with the bad names. #itsaformofchildabusepeople

Agreed.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 7:42 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

As someone with a common name, I would have given my eye tooth to have not been one of four people with my name in grade school. That being said, I would not have wanted to be named after a disease, pharmaceutical, or medical procedure in exchange.

I totally agree, but on an aside, one of my sisters has your same name XU so I do love it. Unique is great. I am talking about the misspelled names. I always wonder, did you purposefully misspell your child's name or is that really how you think its spelled? I really think there could be a clinical research study in this area lol

I could give tons of examples, but like XU said, they are weird enough that they would probably be breaches of confidentiality LOL

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 22nd 2011, 8:53 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Ceattle? That is horrid.

Agreed.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 7:30 am

Oowatanite wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Ceattle? That is horrid.

Agreed.

roll on floor laughi
Back to top Go down
im4kuhawks
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 10:22 am

Oowatanite wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Ceattle? That is horrid.

Agreed.

Funny you say that, when I saw the name, my first thought was: that would be a good name for one of Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew's offspring.

blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 10:41 am

xubaby2000 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Agreed.

My name is sooo common in my age group that I have always said my kids will have unique ( but pretty) names.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 11:28 am

blondie55 wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Agreed.

My name is sooo common in my age group that I have always said my kids will have unique ( but pretty) names.

See, this is a fallacy, IMHO. "I'm gonna give my kids 'unique' names !!". With this thinking, there's gonna be a TONNE of Brooklyn's in elementary schools for the next fifteen years.

And using 'different' spellings of common names is completely ridiculous ....... 'Krystyne' - yuck !!!

For some really unique names, try 'Ruth' or 'Mary' or 'Karen' or 'Donna' or 'Susan' or 'Richard' or 'Kenneth' or 'William' or 'Hugh'.

Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 11:44 am

Oowatanite wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Agreed.

See, this is a fallacy, IMHO. "I'm gonna give my kids 'unique' names !!". With this thinking, there's gonna be a TONNE of Brooklyn's in elementary schools for the next fifteen years.

And using 'different' spellings of common names is completely ridiculous ....... 'Krystyne' - yuck !!!

For some really unique names, try 'Ruth' or 'Mary' or 'Karen' or 'Donna' or 'Susan' or 'Richard' or 'Kenneth' or 'William' or 'Hugh'.

I wont fall in to that trap... all you have to do is check to see the most baby names of the last few years and steer clear of those. For instance, if I were pregnant now with a girl I would stay away from these names:

Sophia
Charlotte
Ava
Addison
Olivia
Amelia
Lily
Isabella
Chloe
Bailey

http://www.babynames.com/Names/Popular/

I think it's pretty safe to say that names become popular when they make a reference to current pop culture. For instance my name is Amanda... it's no coincidence that Boston's hit Amanda was leaked in 1984 when my mom was pregnant with me. (It was later officially released in 1986.) Which would explain why growing up there were at least 3 other Amanda's in my class.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 12:05 pm

blondie55 wrote:

I wont fall in to that trap... all you have to do is check to see the most baby names of the last few years and steer clear of those. For instance, if I were pregnant now with a girl I would stay away from these names:

Sophia
Charlotte
Ava
Addison
Olivia
Amelia
Lily
Isabella
Chloe
Bailey

I think it's pretty safe to say that names become popular when they make a reference to current pop culture. For instance my name is Amanda... it's no coincidence that Boston's hit Amanda was leaked in 1984 when my mom was pregnant with me. (It was later officially released in 1986.) Which would explain why growing up there were at least 3 other Amanda's in my class.

Shit.. when I was preggo, I knew what my baby will be named but when I checked various lists, I didn't see Mason quite so high; this is the first time I am seeing it in the top 10.. oh well... I guess he will be in a class with a few Masons.

On the other hand, I had a problem with my name because of it's spelling.. My name is pronounced Maria but spelt Marija. I was born in Europe so my name is spelt the way one would in my country. When I came to Canada, people would ask me if my parents are hippies and would call me Marijuana.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 12:11 pm

TDotMI wrote:
blondie55 wrote:

Sophia
Charlotte
Ava
Addison
Olivia
Amelia
Lily
Isabella
Chloe
Bailey

Shit.. when I was preggo, I knew what my baby will be named but when I checked various lists, I didn't see Mason quite so high; this is the first time I am seeing it in the top 10.. oh well... I guess he will be in a class with a few Masons.

On the other hand, I had a problem with my name because of it's spelling.. My name is pronounced Maria but spelt Marija. I was born in Europe so my name is spelt the way one would in my country. When I came to Canada, people would ask me if my parents are hippies and would call me Marijuana.

Mason is a a great name. He'll own it, so there will be no competition in kindergarten lol.

My mom has a similar problem with her name. (She was born in Europe as well). Her name is Karin, but it's pronounced like Kaareen, almost like Karina without the "a" at the end. Anyways, she goes by "Karen" as well because that's what everyone calls her. My dad is constantly correcting people but it doesn't seem to sink in.

Number of posts : 25135
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 2:05 pm

Most interesting discussion I have seen in a Hayden thread!! I LOVE off topic.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 2:19 pm

KayS wrote:

But this discussion is on topic Hayden's sister gave her daughter a terrible name and people are talking about bad/odd names
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35535
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 2:26 pm

Nancy was really popular because Frank Sinatra named his daughter that and then put out a song called "Nancy with the Laughing Face"

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 2:40 pm

I think Hayden's name is unusual. There is a Hayden Rd. in the Tempe/Scottsdale, AZ area. I wonder if they named him after the street? Maybe that is where they lived when he was born or that is the name of the street where he was conceived...people do things like that! I knew a couple who conceived their child (a daughter) in Venice and named her Venicia. Good thing she wasn't conceived in Tuscany! I actually like people's creativity when it comes to names. Some are way out there though, like Apple. But, hey, sometimes thinking outside of the box is good!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 2:47 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
KayS wrote:

But this discussion is on topic Hayden's sister gave her daughter a terrible name and people are talking about bad/odd names

Ok, my bad, edited to say I am ENJOYING a convo in a Hayden thread!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 2:49 pm

KayS wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:
KayS wrote:

Ok, my bad, edited to say I am ENJOYING a convo in a Hayden thread!

roll on floor laughi
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 3:00 pm

A name is not unique if you find it on a baby name list.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 3:01 pm

ebowers wrote:

I think Hayden's name is unusual. There is a Hayden Rd. in the Tempe/Scottsdale, AZ area. I wonder if they named him after the street? Maybe that is where they lived when he was born or that is the name of the street where he was conceived...people do things like that! I knew a couple who conceived their child (a daughter) in Venice and named her Venicia. Good thing she wasn't conceived in Tuscany! I actually like people's creativity when it comes to names. Some are way out there though, like Apple. But, hey, sometimes thinking outside of the box is good!

I think that's the same reason Victoria and David Beckham named their son Brooklyn.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 3:16 pm

mytwocents wrote:

I agree. My daughters name is Zen. I don't think that name appears on a baby name list. We gave her a "normal" middle name just in case she doesn't like having a unique name. Smile
Back to top Go down
pdr
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 3:22 pm

I named my third son Brandon. Beverly Hills 90210 anybody? LOL
Back to top Go down
jami
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 3:24 pm

pdr wrote:

lol! my sons name is Dylan....also 90210....gotta love pop culture!
Back to top Go down
BB4Me!
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 3:25 pm

As a child of the 80's, I spent my time telling everyone my name was Jessie, not Jessica, after my great-grandmother. I still have correct people to this day! Screw names! Oh for F* sake head bang
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 4:01 pm

blondie55 wrote:
ebowers wrote:

I think that's the same reason Victoria and David Beckham named their son Brooklyn.

Then we are fortunate that Victoria and David did not ever conceive while in Hell, Michigan ............

Back to top Go down
JwHo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 955
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 4:13 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
ebowers wrote:

Then we are fortunate that Victoria and David did not ever conceive while in Hell, Michigan ............

....or this town in Canada.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 5:10 pm

pdr wrote:

We named our daughter Jenna after Priscilla Presley's character (Jenna) on Dallas. We both loved the name!
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 6:27 pm

When I was pregnat it was between Daniel & Christopher. My sister told me I'd know when I saw him. His father wanted to name him Carl and all I could see in my mind's eye as an gas station attentent with a striped shirt and an oval stichted name tag.

My son is Daniel.

If there are any Carl's out there, I'm not trying to offend. The name just didn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 6:33 pm

lol! My ex husbands name is Karl (German) No offense taken!!
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 6:49 pm

jami wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

I agree. My daughters name is Zen. I don't think that name appears on a baby name list. We gave her a "normal" middle name just in case she doesn't like having a unique name. Smile

I love that name.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 7:00 pm

Damnit I am dying to know what mytwocent's name is now LOL

Blondie, I love that Boston song "Amanda"!!
dancing penguin

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 7:06 pm

My husband's cousin's daughter just had a baby girl. I saw her on Sat. nite and asked what she named the baby, she named her Josephine Shocked This was my look I'm sure, I wanted to say "but she's a baby" lol. I guess she's trying to bring some of the old time names back. My Mom's name is Adeline pronounced Adeleen in Italian, her sister is Italia LOL, but we call her Dolly.
Back to top Go down
TDotMI
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 7:49 pm

jami wrote:
pdr wrote:

lol! my sons name is Dylan....also 90210....gotta love pop culture!

My husband really wanted Dylan with McKay as the middle name.. he was really considering it.. but everyone laughed and I really wanted something else.. true story LOL
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 8:15 pm

My friend named her daughter Oby. Ok, so her dad is Nigerian so I understand but it is pronounced... "ah bay" . I actually think it is pretty but FFS spell it so people can say it. Lol
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 9:07 pm

Alice, plain, simple, old fashioned but rarely ever meet another Alice.
so I got the best of both worlds and I was named after both grandmother's and had grandfather's initals. he was AJ and so was I.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 10:11 pm

My oldest daughter we named Emma because at the time it wasn't really popular, that was the same year the Rachel on Friends had her baby and named her Emma...well there went it not being too popular. But I had my Emma first LOL! Miranda is my other daughters name and we certainly don't hear that name too often around here, my in laws hated the name at first. Oh well. This from a mother in law that wanted me to use the name Ulyssis or Uriah...wtf is that?

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   June 23rd 2011, 10:36 pm

Moody wrote:
jami wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

I love that name.

Thank you...my husband thought of it. The only other person (that I know of) with the name Zen is Corey Feldman's son Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hayden Moss   

Back to top Go down

Hayden Moss
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 12-
Jump to: