View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: The Dachshund and the Pink Pig   April 4th 2012, 9:42 am

A friend of mine sent me this today. I love it. Here is one pic. Go to the link for more!

The Dachshund & Pink the Pig
This Dachshund is fostering this little guy for another mom who couldn't take care of him.

He had his eyes closed, but now they are open. He is just a little bigger than her other pups.

She loves this little guy as much as the other puppies and she is nursing him back to health.

He is the cleanest pig-uppy ever because she licks him all the time.

HIS NAME IS PINK....

http://www.petbrags.com/profiles/blogs/the-dachshund-and-pink-the-pig

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dachshund and the Pink Pig   April 4th 2012, 11:48 am

AWWWWW thank you Kay, for sharing. This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen!

Animals are so incredible, aren't they? Humans can learn so much about love, giving and kindness from observing animals.

I'd love to know what happens when the piglet gets older. I wonder if it plays like a puppy and acts like a puppy instead of a pig?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Dachshund and the Pink Pig   April 4th 2012, 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Dachshund and the Pink Pig   April 4th 2012, 3:24 pm

That really is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dachshund and the Pink Pig   April 4th 2012, 5:52 pm

scott, thank you for the link to the updates!

This is the sweetest story! It has made me smile all day. I'm interested in animal behavior and this story made me so curious about the relationship between the Mom, pups and Pink as Pink got older.

I love that they've written a children's book about it. I think I'm going to get it for my nieces and nephews. Precious!

My husband, who has a degree in agriculture/animal husbandry says that the piglet probably adopted many of the characteristics of the dachshund "Mom" and probably tried to model the behavior of the other pups, including playing like a puppy and trying to bark, which must have been hilarious. They adapt to the environments they're in just like humans children do.

I noticed that when they put Pink in the pen with some little piglets, she quickly reverted to pig behavior by wallowing in the mud but also seemed to adopt the role of her dachshund "Mom" by mothering them and leading the little piglets around. lol

My husband had an orphaned lamb as a child who became part of the group of dogs that the family owned and the neighborhood dogs. The lamb tried to mimic the behavior of the other pups and ran with the neighborhood "pack." She also played like a puppy rather than like a lamb. He said people were amazed and would come over just to watch the strange lamb running with the dogs. Unfortunately, they had to take her to the farm when she got older because she ate all of my mother-in-laws flowers and shrubs as well as their neighbors. lol

PostSubject: Re: The Dachshund and the Pink Pig   

Back to top Go down

The Dachshund and the Pink Pig
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: