all about big brother ~ aabb
Welcome to All About Big Brother.
No ads if you sign up. Also, you can post if you are a member.
Registration is super easy... you don't even need to respond to an email.
It's probably a good idea to check out "About this site" before posting.

all about big brother ~ aabb

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister
Share | 

Dance Moms: Miami

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts: 2842
Registration date: 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Dance Moms: Miami   April 3rd 2012, 7:39 pm

Tonight is the Season Premiere of Dance Moms:Miami

Administrator

Number of posts: 34859
Registration date: 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 11th 2012, 8:49 am

I watched the first episode and then this morning, I watched part of the second one.
I couldn't finish it.
They suck, their choreography sucks too. Abby puts this group to shame as far as the dances she makes up.
How many times can you put an off kilter develope* in a dance?
Ok, we get it, you can pull your leg up and you have a good extension.
This choreography is... walk, walk, do a stunt, walk walk, another stunt, etc.

*develope' is a ballet move where the leg is "developed" or unfolded to reach a full extension. The ballet move looks like this:

These students ( Abby's do it too, but not as often) cock their hip up to get an even higher reach. This is done a lot in contemporary pieces. Nothing wrong with it, except it's a stunt. One time fine, but over and over is lazy choreography.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 11th 2012, 10:35 am

I'm so happy you posted this Nancy. I watched last week and wasn't impressed with the choreography at all, but I'm not an expert.

Thanks for explaining develope'. Now I understand why they looked so awkward in their dances.

IMO there is nothing appealing about the dance teachers, dancers or moms on this show. I just felt I was watching chaos and confusion the whole time.

Watching this made me appreciate Abby!

Administrator

Number of posts: 34859
Registration date: 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 12th 2012, 5:52 am

Shug wrote:
I'm so happy you posted this Nancy. I watched last week and wasn't impressed with the choreography at all, but I'm not an expert.

Thanks for explaining develope'. Now I understand why they looked so awkward in their dances.

IMO there is nothing appealing about the dance teachers, dancers or moms on this show. I just felt I was watching chaos and confusion the whole time.

Watching this made me appreciate Abby!

I know. It's weird. Two things are different too, not just the dancing. The moms and kids in Pittsburgh are actually friends. Even though they fuss, they go out together, socialize etc. I think Abby's girls are really a team and are generally supportive of each other, even though they are rivals.
The Miami girls... not so much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 12th 2012, 1:50 pm

Nancy, I agree. Abby's girls and their moms definitely care about one another and are friends. I've been impressed with their compassion for one another when something goes wrong with their dancing. They comfort one another with understanding and are supportive.

Abby has instilled in them such high standards that the moms and girls know when and how they've messed up and don't judge one another harshly. They simply discuss the mistakes and keep going.

This is unusually mature behavior for children this age imo and I have to give Abby credit for it. Like her or not, she's good at what she does.

There is no comparison between Miami and Abby. She's a far more professional teacher and instills in her dancers an attitude of excellence, which I admire.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 18th 2012, 5:32 pm

I watched this again last night. After Nancy's comments and explanation of develope, I saw it with new eyes.

Nancy wrote:
"This choreography is... walk, walk, do a stunt, walk walk, another stunt, etc."

The choreography last night was exactly this. ^^^

It's so awkward it makes me nervous to watch it. I kept wishing Abby would walk in and tell these teachers and students how it's really done. She would have a field day with them. They never score as high as Abby's group. In the group routine, I don't think I saw one time they were actually dancing together.

These Moms are evil! I couldn't believe one of them asked the teacher to sabotage a child's dancing. WTH???

Nancy, I have a question: Why do they dance in the skimpy two piece costumes and the boy dances with very tiny shorts on?

I don't like their costumes at all. I've thought the same thing about Abby's girl's costumes. They would look so much better and classier in pretty one piece leotards that are age appropriate imo. I think the costumes distract from their dancing at times.

The week Abby had her girls in sequened pastel leotards with little sheer skirts they looked so much more professional and pretty. These children seem too young to be dressed this way. I noticed some of the other groups last night weren't dressed as skimpily as the Miama group.

Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts: 22934
Registration date: 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 18th 2012, 5:44 pm

For some reason I keep missing this show. It is worth watching?

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms: Miami   April 18th 2012, 6:07 pm

Lori, it's very different from Abby's show, but it's interesting.

This was only the second episode and without Nancy explaining what they're doing it wouldn't be as interesting to watch.

It's a very different style of dancing and the Moms create lots of chaos and drama. There's a little boy dancer on this one which is different to watch.

Also, the dance instructors are men so their approach to dealing with the children is different.

Dance Moms: Miami

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: -