TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 6:08 pm

We have had a terrible day in Texas! The entire Dallas/Ft. Worth area and surrounding counties has had simultaneous tornados bearing down on largely populated areas causing major damage. One tornado was on the ground for over 30 minutes in one area.

School children are sheltering in place as are businesses and hospitals. At one point huge tractor trailers were being tossed into the air like they were toys. We've also had baseball sized hail in the region. We don't know yet how much damage has been done but it appears to be terrible!

I know we have several members of AABB who live in Texas like myself. Thank goodness I'm west of the major area that had tornados but I'm not sure about our other members. I'm keeping them in my thoughts and prayers until this is over and we hear from them.

I hope everyone will check in here so we'll know you are safe.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 6:32 pm

OMG Shug, I saw that video with the tractor trailers on CNN. I hope everyone stays safe and yes, please all you Texans check in with us as soon as you can.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 7:02 pm

I have a lot of family and friends in the Dallas area, slowly hearing from them. I used to live in Dallas and know the weather can be violent. This was bigger than anything I ever saw there though. I don't think I will get that graphic of the tractor trailer flying in the air out of my head.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 7:31 pm

thoughts and prayers!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 8:46 pm

A friend of mine wisely stopped when he was approaching Cleburne, and snapped this pic while he was waiting.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 8:49 pm

Geezus!!
Back to top Go down
giggles
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4245
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 3rd 2012, 8:50 pm

The oldest town in Texas is doing fine. A little bit of rain today,supposed to rain more tonight...we'll see but I think the worst is north of me.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:09 pm

I HATE tornadoes. I hope everyone weathered this storm safely!!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:16 pm

Here's one of the photos of the eighteen wheelers being tossed in the air like toys:

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:18 pm

OMG unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:19 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:20 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:22 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:22 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:24 pm

Another of the eighteen wheelers:

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:25 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:27 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:31 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:32 pm

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 3:35 pm

They're still checking but so far it appears not one life was lost, which is a miracle.

Many pets have been lost and there is an organization trying to reunite pets with their owners. Many people have lost their homes and all their possessions.

Each time I see the videos of the eighteen wheelers I am in awe! They were flying around like a child's toys being tossed up into the air.

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 4:07 pm

The no loss of life is truly a miracle. The devastation is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   April 4th 2012, 5:12 pm

Lori wrote:
The no loss of life is truly a miracle. The devastation is unbelievable.

It is unbelievable Lori. I've been watching the local news all day and so many families are homeless. Many can't get back into their neighborhoods to see their homes at all due to the debris. Others are locked into their homes and can't get out, which was just reported.

The Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex is so large and highly populated that the damage is going to be astronomical. Many of the communities outside of the DFW area were ripped to shreds too. Lancaster and Forney were hit hard.

There are now disaster relief drives going on for The Red Cross.

One woman was interviewed who said her two sons made her get into a bathtub and they got on top of her to protect her. The only thing left of her home was the bathtub they were in and a couple of walls in the bathroom. The roof and the rest of her home is gone. Talk about a miracle!

I grew up near the coast with hurricanes. Hurricanes are very predictable and I'm not afraid of them. Tornados scare me to death because they are so unpredictable. You never know what they're going to do or where they are going. They are so destructive!!

If I just heard correctly, those tractor trailers weighed 42,000 pounds. Can you imagine the power it took to toss them around in the air? Scary.

PostSubject: Re: TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe   

Back to top Go down

TORNADOS IN TEXAS! Texans Please Let Us Know You're Safe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: