Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 22nd 2012, 9:27 pm

First off, finale information has been confirmed:

Quote :
FINALE INFO
SUNDAY, MAY 6
8 pm The Amazing Race | After traveling five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles, the series’ 20th installment concludes in a special two-hour season finale as the final four teams race through Japan and onto Honolulu, where one will win the $1 million prize.

Next:

Shoutout to RFF for the youtube videos. It's speculated that a FF is in this challenge, which has me worried that there will be very little variety in first place winners this season.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 15072
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 24th 2012, 11:09 pm

Two Teams hit the hay to see how well they stack up and Racers break out the sponges for an oily detour during the series first-ever trip to Azerbaijan, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS!

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 6:30 pm

About 20 minutes late here in the East.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25137
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 6:39 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 7:52 pm

Very lowkey episode thus far. I dunno if I'd be able to do that simulator. Wowsers.
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12117

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:13 pm

Odin wrote:
Very lowkey episode thus far. I dunno if I'd be able to do that simulator. Wowsers.

Kudos to those contestants that made it through without freaking.

On our way back from The Philippines to the states, our family vacationed in Hawaii for a week. I was about 12 and a good swimmer. A rogue tide pulled me under and over several times. I couldn't determine which way was up. Luckily, my dad was able to grab my hair and pull me to safety. I'll never forget that horrifying feeling of not knowing which way was up or down. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:20 pm

I am bummed that Danny and Joey came in last...I liked them.
I wish they beat Vanessa and Ralph.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:22 pm

Maureen wrote:

Me too!! Yikes on those coming attractions, Vanessa's tongue is at it again. She's a piece of work.

ETA - What's with the next episode being in two weeks, damn!

Last edited by Jack'd on March 25th 2012, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:24 pm

It's nice to have an episode where none of the couples had drama. 2 weeks from now looks explosive for Rachel/Vanessa, lol. Nothing to say about Team Jersey. I prepared for their leaving as soon as I realized I was starting to like them.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:25 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Maureen wrote:

Me too!! Yikes on those coming attractions, Vanessa's tongue is at it again. She's a piece of work.

I just hope Rachel gets back in her face BIG time dance ...but I get a feeling that she backed down after what Vanessa said about her nose and boobs.

PLEEEEEEEEEASE GIT HER, RACHEL, GIT HER GOOD!!
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:30 pm

Remember Ragan dismantling Rachel in the BB backyard during Rachel's 24 hour visit ? I expect Vanessa to do the same thing. From the promo, V's up 2-0 already ...

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 8:54 pm

Hugh310 wrote:
Remember Ragan dismantling Rachel in the BB backyard during Rachel's 24 hour visit ? I expect Vanessa to do the same thing. From the promo, V's up 2-0 already ...

Yes, she is up 2-0 already...of being the biggest arse this season. lol!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 9:07 pm

Ragan should have given Rachel some tips so she could give Vanessa a taste of that, lol.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 9:26 pm

Odin wrote:
Ragan should have given Rachel some tips so she could give Vanessa a taste of that, lol.

Rachel needed to run that race with Ragan! Ragan would have Vanessa crying daily if she pulled her mean crap on him!! lol!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 9:33 pm

Who came in first? Border Patrol?

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 9:34 pm

catty wrote:
Who came in first? Border Patrol?

No, Catty...Dave and Rachel.
But the border patrol did a great job...they came in second.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 9:40 pm

Thanks Moe! I'm taping TAR tonight because I'm watching the Lakers game Razz Sad to read that the Jersey Shore guys got the boot though. I can't wait to see how they went from 2nd last week to last this week.

At least someone new won, but I was hoping it would be Mark and Bopper or Brendon and Rachel. Even Nary and Jamie.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 9:42 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Maureen wrote:

ETA - What's with the next episode being in two weeks, damn!

I think an awards show is airing next week. CMA's? Or some other country music awards show.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 10:09 pm

Interesting that tonight Brenchel was the most invisible team. I guess all they have to offer is their scripted 'meltdowns' ... sad really ...

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9279
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 10:26 pm

hugh, i am seeing it different, i think they are just running a semi-good race, they had their freak out (like at least one team does every season), but besides that they are head in the game, getting the task done and not really engaging with other couple unless provoked....while yes it can be boring, steady does sometimes win the race...
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 11:08 pm

bergen wrote:
hugh, i am seeing it different, i think they are just running a semi-good race, they had their freak out (like at least one team does every season), but besides that they are head in the game, getting the task done and not really engaging with other couple unless provoked....while yes it can be boring, steady does sometimes win the race...

Oh, I agree that they are running a pretty good race. Most tasks done in a timely manner, could have won a leg or two, never close to being eliminated.

Here's what I think their main problem is ... they were brought on this race, not because they are good competitors but because they are supposed to bring the drama. That's it. And frankly, that's insulting to them.

So when is this drama supposed to occur ?

1. Interactions with other teams. Great theory, but 90% of the race is just you and your partner. I guess you can fight with the cameraman and the microphone guy but that stuff ain't gonna be shown. There is limited interaction with other teams other than at airports and at tasks. Plenty of opportunity for drama with other players when you're locked in a house in LA for three months. Much less opportunity on the race.

2. Problems when doing the tasks. This doesn't crop up when you're doing 85% of the tasks in a timely manner. There were two true opportunities for task drama - the cow math task, which was unfortunately diffused quickly with the assistance of the KY guys, and the sausage ID task, where the drama was vastly overdone and overplayed, partly due to the lack of drama earlier in the season.

3. Problems with navigating or bad cab drivers. I do not think Brenchel has had problems with either of these yet.

4. Just not getting along with each other. We've seen Davchel fight a lot. Vanessa and Ralph were fighting last episode. The other teams ? Not really, other than maybe the twins. Have Brenchel fought while working at tasks, like Davchel do all the time ? Not really. Maybe the sausage one. So where have Brenchel's meltdowns occurred ? Between tasks. Trying to find marked clueboxes or marked entrances. Most of the meltdowns have come out of nowhere - the edit suggesting it's usually caused by a Brendon comment. Interesting that they seem to have missed filming every one of these supposed bad Brendon comments. What are the odds of that ?

I guess my final point will be that these 'meltdowns' have been scripted and frankly, scripted badly. Things have been TOO GOOD for Brenchel race-wise so far this season, leading to less opportunity for 'natural' breakdowns. Imagine if we had Brenchel narrowing losing the FF to Davchel ?? Then we'd have GOLD. Because it would be REAL.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 25th 2012, 11:53 pm

As much as I like Brendon and Rachel, I don't want to see them all the time. As long as they do their tasks and stay safe every week, then it's okay with me. If that means less air time, then good. I just hope they make final 3 and come in first when it counts.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 12:07 am

We could have used an episode like this, as far as Brenchel exposure is concerned, earlier in the season, honestly. Now it's too late to really experience the teams that seemed entertaining, and we just lost another set, but we at least got to know them a little bit (and thank the heavens they weren't MTV clones). Really, the only two who don't really bring much are Nary/Jamie, but at least they're finally getting some show time.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 8:09 am

Wow ... Vanessa sure is a piece of work. I wish we'd been shown the instigating incident (or incidents) in this ongoing feud ... from what we've been shown, Vanessa's attitude toward Rachel seems so randomly nasty. I hope B/R address it post game so we have some kind of clue about how it all started.
I was hoping Vanessa and Ralph would come in last as well ... he's a misogynistic control freak and she's a black hole of negativity and aggression.
The jersey boys made a mistake in going for the fast forward when they knew another team was heading there ... it's too big a risk to do that IMO.
Back to top Go down
RobAGabor
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 9:51 am

Quote :
I can't wait to see how they went from 2nd last week to last this week.

It was due to an incredible feat of strength by my new TAR crush, Blonde Rachel.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 10:07 am

Cousin_Jake wrote:
he's a misogynistic control freak and she's a black hole of negativity and aggression

I think that's being a little harsh on Brenchel ...

dance

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9279
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 11:38 am

Hugh310 wrote:
bergen wrote:

Oh, I agree that they are running a pretty good race. Most tasks done in a timely manner, could have won a leg or two, never close to being eliminated.

Here's what I think their main problem is ... they were brought on this race, not because they are good competitors but because they are supposed to bring the drama. That's it. And frankly, that's insulting to them.

So when is this drama supposed to occur ?

1. Interactions with other teams. Great theory, but 90% of the race is just you and your partner. I guess you can fight with the cameraman and the microphone guy but that stuff ain't gonna be shown. There is limited interaction with other teams other than at airports and at tasks. Plenty of opportunity for drama with other players when you're locked in a house in LA for three months. Much less opportunity on the race.

2. Problems when doing the tasks. This doesn't crop up when you're doing 85% of the tasks in a timely manner. There were two true opportunities for task drama - the cow math task, which was unfortunately diffused quickly with the assistance of the KY guys, and the sausage ID task, where the drama was vastly overdone and overplayed, partly due to the lack of drama earlier in the season.

3. Problems with navigating or bad cab drivers. I do not think Brenchel has had problems with either of these yet.

4. Just not getting along with each other. We've seen Davchel fight a lot. Vanessa and Ralph were fighting last episode. The other teams ? Not really, other than maybe the twins. Have Brenchel fought while working at tasks, like Davchel do all the time ? Not really. Maybe the sausage one. So where have Brenchel's meltdowns occurred ? Between tasks. Trying to find marked clueboxes or marked entrances. Most of the meltdowns have come out of nowhere - the edit suggesting it's usually caused by a Brendon comment. Interesting that they seem to have missed filming every one of these supposed bad Brendon comments. What are the odds of that ?

I guess my final point will be that these 'meltdowns' have been scripted and frankly, scripted badly. Things have been TOO GOOD for Brenchel race-wise so far this season, leading to less opportunity for 'natural' breakdowns. Imagine if we had Brenchel narrowing losing the FF to Davchel ?? Then we'd have GOLD. Because it would be REAL.

wow, to be honest, i don't read that much into my tv shows, dude i just watch and what happens, happens
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 12:00 pm

Some bonus clips from this week. Once again, I can't get these videos to embed.

Here's Bopper's take on Brenchel -

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2215210390/the-amazing-race-bopper-s-honest-assessment

baku-bookoo -

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2215215477/the-amazing-race-baku-bookoo

No means Girls - (If they can't win, Rachel & Brendon would like Kentucky or the Teachers to win)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2215213810/the-amazing-race-no-mean-girls-for-rachel

Joey & Danny's Farewell -

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2215215464/the-amazing-race-joey-fitness-danny-farewell

Art & JJ's List of Names - (says that they all snuck out of hotel rooms to celebrate the MS girls being gone)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2215214857/the-amazing-race-art-jj-s-list-of-names

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 12:39 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Wow ... Vanessa sure is a piece of work. I wish we'd been shown the instigating incident (or incidents) in this ongoing feud ... from what we've been shown, Vanessa's attitude toward Rachel seems so randomly nasty. I hope B/R address it post game so we have some kind of clue about how it all started.
I was hoping Vanessa and Ralph would come in last as well ... he's a misogynistic control freak and she's a black hole of negativity and aggression. The jersey boys made a mistake in going for the fast forward when they knew another team was heading there ... it's too big a risk to do that IMO.

tens

I was very disappointed that Vanessa and and Ralph came in first too.

Brendon did an amazing job in the underwater task.

I'm hoping the final 3 are B/R, The Kentucky Boys, and the "Teachers." It probably won't happen but I can hope.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 12:42 pm

Art and JJ barely interacted with Kerri and Stacy (from what we've seen), so what the hell did they have to celebrate? That team is so... it's hard for me to find a medium with them, but it's "nice" of them to speak for everyone though about how much team Mississippi is disliked. Annnnnyway, I'll just have to ignore them now. So ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 12:51 pm

ITA Odin. The arrogance of Art and JJ may be their downfall.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 1:01 pm

Odin - we really have no idea how much they interacted with them. I have read in past seasons where the teams spend their 12 hour rest together. They get a meal, unwind, and sleep. I am sure that they get to know each other pretty well during all these time. Plus, they spend hours on planes, trains, waiting for stuff to open...we certainly don't see much of that. I think they spend more time together than we realize.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 26th 2012, 4:28 pm

Danny and Joey should have left when they saw another team already doing the Fast Forward. But, I guess they thought they could beat the girl. Dummies.

I need to see all these videos. I actually liked JJ and Art this week. It was the first time it looked like they were enjoying themselves. Or JJ was until Art told him to knock it off.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 30th 2012, 4:02 pm

Dammit no episode this weekend. Poo.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 30th 2012, 4:09 pm

I read somewhere that the explosive Rachel/Vanessa showdown leaves someone in tears. More than likely, that'll be Rachel, so I wonder if we'll get annoying, breakdown Rachel or strong headed, vindictive Rachel that episode.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 30th 2012, 5:05 pm

No episode this weekend? censored

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 30th 2012, 6:58 pm

Award show this week. TAR is on next week.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 30th 2012, 11:32 pm

Odin wrote:
I read somewhere that the explosive Rachel/Vanessa showdown leaves someone in tears. More than likely, that'll be Rachel, so I wonder if we'll get annoying, breakdown Rachel or strong headed, vindictive Rachel that episode.

I hope we get this Rachel, lol:

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 30th 2012, 11:34 pm

And then this Rachel:

(Thanks to jessicajules for both of these from BB.)
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    March 31st 2012, 12:50 am

But we all know we're gonna end up with this Rachel ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"    

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - "This is Wicked Strange"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: