KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 10:21 am

From Jeff's Q&A on EW

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/08/jeff-probst-episode-4-survivor-one-world/

Next week — history repeats itself. Good luck figuring that one out — even after it happens. In fact, a free buff for the first person who guesses correctly what I am referring to re: history…repeats…itself.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35511
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 10:34 am

KayS wrote:
From Jeff's Q&A on EW

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/08/jeff-probst-episode-4-survivor-one-world/

Next week — history repeats itself. Good luck figuring that one out — even after it happens. In fact, a free buff for the first person who guesses correctly what I am referring to re: history…repeats…itself.

Maybe he means history repeats itself, but not history from this season. I figure this next episode is where they switch up the tribes so what is the history with that? A person with an idol goes out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 1:37 pm

Colton instigated this tribal council to get rid of Bill so that the merge will happen sooner rather than later. He wants to be with the women asap.

WTH is wrong with the other men? You'd think at least one of them has some active brain cells working. Colton has obviously taunted and scared them with his immunity idol to the point they're afraid of him. Have they never watched Survivor? Flush the damn thing out and make him use it!

Sadly, being from the south, I've known people like Colton. Nancy hit the nail on the head in her post.

1.He lives in a small town of about 3,000 people, went to an all white school. There was white flight in the south after integration...many private schools opened catering to parents who didn't want their children going to school with blacks. Most of them still exist today.

2. I doubt he's had a black/hispanic/asian/etc friend. He was probably truthful about his Nanny/Housekeeper and I believe he does love her. She probably raised him...like in the book The Help.

3. His parents have completely sheltered him with the segregated private school, the segregated country club, even his church is probably segregated. (My guess would be they're Southern Baptists.)

4. His political views come from listening to and living around people with the same ultra conservative political views, morals and values that his parents have.

5. I'm appalled at the comments he made about Leif and Bill, but wasn't surprised. It's the way people of his ilk talk and feel. It's sad that in 2012 people are still spouting this hurtful garbage.

6. The only thing that was surprising to me is hearing this from an openly gay man. Even with all the sheltering he's had, you would think he would have compassion for others who are discriminated against like he's probably been. Although in small towns like he grew up in, they're very accepting of differences in "their own" and protect them.

He's being threatened on twitter since the moment the show was over. There have been many death threats and other threats of violence toward him. Shelly didn't even come close to getting this much hate.

Number of posts : 14851
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 3:09 pm

One of the reasons I was so mad last night was because, all these reasons for getting rid of Bill had nothing to do with the game and everything to do with life outside of a game. I would have understood getting rid of Bill last week, but to do it this week when you really don't have to because you won immunity...well that was just personal. All the things mentioned were so ignorant. I was too mad to explain myself properly last night, so I decided to do it today instead.

All I want to see is him getting voted out.

As far as the death threats and stuff, he doesn't deserve that. I really wish people would stop doing stuff like that to people. I also think he would learn a lot by going out of his comfort zone and experiencing new people and things. I think he could change for the better.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 3:37 pm

I think the whole tribe should be ashamed for listening and doing what Colton told them to do.I really felt bad for Bill while he sat and listen to why Colten disliked him.JMO
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 3:51 pm

Bill handled it with class. He is the much better person imo and I wish good things for him in the future. Sometimes it takes adversity to build character and compassion.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 3:57 pm

Who picks the cast for the show? This is just a trainwreck, somewhat entertaining, but not in a good way. The women appear to be clueless.....the men are ...beyond words...

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

I could comment about Colton... but if you watch the show, you already know he is a vile, mean, little man who dresses like a pre-teen girl, and acts like a spoiled brat and has no business on TV.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 4:36 pm

I found this posted on another board by a friend of Colton's:

"Being a Monroeville townie and friend of Colton in Alabama since we were kids I wanted to come here and say how wrong many of you are about Colton. What he's doing is strategy. He wanted to be the villian from the get go because he knew that people usually take the most hated to final TC, and that's where he could explain his strategy and possibly pull a win out of this. He's really not the person you see on your tv. His family is kind and generous to a fault and so is Colton.

Colton used to post here and I won't give away the name he used because of privacy, but I know of this place from him and wanted to keep up on what's being said about him and I think alot of you are far worse than any villain that Colton could ever make up for a reality show. Try looking at yourselves first before judging someone else. That's all I have to say"

I also found this link to the school that Colton attended. Note the comments by the parents...quite telling of how he grew up. Check the link for how the parents rated the school and more information.

**This is something that I spent my teaching career fighting against and so I'm more than a little upset about this topic. Forgive me.

http://www.trulia.com/schools/AL-Monroeville/Monroe_Academy/

Monroe Academy

4096 S Alabama Ave

Monroeville, AL 36460

(251) 743-393

Grades: PK - 12

School Type: Private

Student Enrollment: 428

Parent Reviews

(8 reviews)...
8 Parent Reviews for Monroe Academy
This is an outstanding school and one where parents do not have to be concerned about the black impact. Recent data show that schools with a balck population of 45% or more have the lowest ratings in the nation and the greatest discipline and violence problems. We moved out of that environment into ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 06/29/10
I have one child at Monroe Academy preschool k3, and we truly have enjoyed and loved the progam. We moved from out of state, and everyone welcomed him and made his transition very smooth. He always comes home teaching us new and exciting things. I am a teacher in the public school system in monroe ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 05/21/10
i have 4 children at Monroe Academy (Junior,8th grade,2nd and K-5) and they absolutely love it there as well as me and my husband. The fact that there is only one group of race concerns me because when they go off to college,they will have to study with different races and i feel like we arent preparing ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 05/10/10
Monroe Academy has been a positive experience for our family. Our SAT 10 test scores are well above the national average and the other schools in this area. We have a great music program- including an elementary band and choir. Our students excelled in the state art show. Beginning in preschool, the ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 06/16/07
We have two children at Monroe Academy and we are very pleased with the teachers and the curriculum that they are taught. I believe that the reading program in K-5 is very challenging- yet at the same time, my child was engaged in stimulating and fun activities. My children start the day with a devotion ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 05/22/07
We enrolled our two children in Monroe Academy in August 2005. MA is a private school that raises the bar on academia. The students test grade levels higher. The teachers and parents have made us feel like family. We have easily become involed in this short time. It is helpful that MA encourages manners ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 01/05/06
I have three children in Monroe Academy. We feel our children are getting the best education they can have. It is great to be able to be envolved in the school. Most of all I appreciate the Christian views taught in the system.
Posted by a parent on 08/08/05
It saddens me the think in this day and age that segregation is so prevalent. It's most than evident in this school. I wanted my children to continue their private education but not in a school where everyone is the same race. That's just not real world, diversity is important.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 4:51 pm

Shug wrote:
I found this posted on another board by a friend of Colton's:

"Being a Monroeville townie and friend of Colton in Alabama since we were kids I wanted to come here and say how wrong many of you are about Colton. What he's doing is strategy. He wanted to be the villian from the get go because he knew that people usually take the most hated to final TC, and that's where he could explain his strategy and possibly pull a win out of this. He's really not the person you see on your tv. His family is kind and generous to a fault and so is Colton.

Colton used to post here and I won't give away the name he used because of privacy, but I know of this place from him and wanted to keep up on what's being said about him and I think alot of you are far worse than any villain that Colton could ever make up for a reality show. Try looking at yourselves first before judging someone else. That's all I have to say"

I also found this link to the school that Colton attended. Note the comments by the parents...quite telling of how he grew up. Check the link for how the parents rated the school and more information.

**This is something that I spent my teaching career fighting against and so I'm more than a little upset about this topic. Forgive me.

http://www.trulia.com/schools/AL-Monroeville/Monroe_Academy/

Monroe Academy

4096 S Alabama Ave

Monroeville, AL 36460

(251) 743-393

Grades: PK - 12

School Type: Private

Student Enrollment: 428

Parent Reviews

(8 reviews)...
8 Parent Reviews for Monroe Academy
This is an outstanding school and one where parents do not have to be concerned about the black impact. Recent data show that schools with a balck population of 45% or more have the lowest ratings in the nation and the greatest discipline and violence problems. We moved out of that environment into ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 06/29/10

Shocked
I have one child at Monroe Academy preschool k3, and we truly have enjoyed and loved the progam. We moved from out of state, and everyone welcomed him and made his transition very smooth. He always comes home teaching us new and exciting things. I am a teacher in the public school system in monroe ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 05/21/10
i have 4 children at Monroe Academy (Junior,8th grade,2nd and K-5) and they absolutely love it there as well as me and my husband. The fact that there is only one group of race concerns me because when they go off to college,they will have to study with different races and i feel like we arent preparing ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 05/10/10
Monroe Academy has been a positive experience for our family. Our SAT 10 test scores are well above the national average and the other schools in this area. We have a great music program- including an elementary band and choir. Our students excelled in the state art show. Beginning in preschool, the ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 06/16/07
We have two children at Monroe Academy and we are very pleased with the teachers and the curriculum that they are taught. I believe that the reading program in K-5 is very challenging- yet at the same time, my child was engaged in stimulating and fun activities. My children start the day with a devotion ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 05/22/07
We enrolled our two children in Monroe Academy in August 2005. MA is a private school that raises the bar on academia. The students test grade levels higher. The teachers and parents have made us feel like family. We have easily become involed in this short time. It is helpful that MA encourages manners ... Read more
Posted by a parent on 01/05/06
I have three children in Monroe Academy. We feel our children are getting the best education they can have. It is great to be able to be envolved in the school. Most of all I appreciate the Christian views taught in the system.
Posted by a parent on 08/08/05
scratch
It saddens me the think in this day and age that segregation is so prevalent. It's most than evident in this school. I wanted my children to continue their private education but not in a school where everyone is the same race. That's just not real world, diversity is important.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 8th 2012, 5:37 pm

I can't believe in this day and time people would actually openly post such
ignorant things..JMO
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35511
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 8:25 am

More of Colton's dysfunction.. deleted scene

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 10:21 am

If Colton's friend is correct and this is all an act to be a villian, it's backfiring on him. He's going to be the most hated person to ever be on Survivor. I don't think it's an act btw. I think this is the real Colton. He's such a little weasel. I can't stand to even listen to his voice anymore.

Number of posts : 12115

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 11:24 am

Ditto, Shug.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 12:55 pm

An act?? Really?? Come on - does the friend really want us to buy that?

I don't doubt that Colton does believe that being a villian will help to be taken to the end, and that might very well be a strategy he wanted to use.

HOWEVER, you can't put all his actions down to that. He is "on" all the time. If anyone is talking, he is rolling his eye. When doing the challenge, he is bitching because his partner is talking, or pulling or whatever. It's constant. What does brushing someone off and telling them you hate them and can't be bothered to talk to them have to do with being a villian??

He has confused being RUDE to being a villian. He doesn't know any better, it's obvious that is the way he acts.

Of course his friend would think he is awesome - he is probably just like him. And they are probably wonderful within their own "circle".
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 12:57 pm

Oh and PS - what the hell were those boys thinking? You have been told you will be voted out and you agree to give up immunity??? I would have told him to shove it, and bought myself the extra 3 days. You never know what could have happened in 3 days.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 2:17 pm

Schooner wrote:
Oh and PS - what the hell were those boys thinking? You have been told you will be voted out and you agree to give up immunity??? I would have told him to shove it, and bought myself the extra 3 days. You never know what could have happened in 3 days.

Schooner this is exactly what puzzles me. WTH are the rest of the men allowing Colton to lead them? They all had to agree to give up their immunity. Colton has to be threatening them with the immunity idol so they need to flush it out and make him use it. Put up or shut up is what I'd tell the little jerk.

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 10:04 pm

I just read this at Sucks. They said it comes from Colton's fan page, but I can't be bothered to look for that.

"Watching myself last night, I, honestly felt uncomfortable and awkward. The things I said about Lief, Bill, everyone were meant to be funny. I can see that they WERE NOT. I feel like an apology at this point would basically fall on deaf ears, but I will say that I am sorry to any group or individual that I offended. I'm not going to lay blame on a edit or it "was just a game" because I agree with you that I took things to a whole different level. My actions should reflect on me and me alone, not my family, gays, Alabamians, or anyone. I would also like to point out that this show was filmed last summer, almost a year ago. In the last year I've had some personal growth (I still have a long way to go), but the one thing that I am most appreciative to Survivor for was opening my eyes to different types of people that differ from myself. I truly do not hate anyone. I was just a spoiled, self-centered, brat, and the only thing I can do now is learn from this experience and move forward and keep trying to become a better person.." - Colton Cumbie
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 9th 2012, 10:43 pm

I can't wait to see how he act's at the finale/reunion.Since that is currant,right??
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 10th 2012, 1:21 pm

I noticed yesterday that he hasn't been tweeting. I hope he did learn from the experience. He needs to apologize to Lief and Bill. I do think he was trying to be a villian and carried it too far by saying horrible things that were not funny or cute.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 10th 2012, 6:38 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/ColtonCumbie

Colton responded to the episode on twitter early this morning.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 12th 2012, 1:59 pm

finally watched, and got to say i feel like i am missing something, like i missed a few episodes, but WHEN did colton get all this power???? it's like it just all of a sudden appeared??? it seemed the guys didn't really like or get him, and then all of the sudden he is the king of the tribe? what am i missing
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 12th 2012, 3:24 pm

bergen wrote:
finally watched, and got to say i feel like i am missing something, like i missed a few episodes, but WHEN did colton get all this power???? it's like it just all of a sudden appeared??? it seemed the guys didn't really like or get him, and then all of the sudden he is the king of the tribe? what am i missing

bergen ITA. The editing is not very good. I'd love to see everything that led up to Colton's takeover. The only thing we know is he has the immunity idol and must be using it to control and threaten them. We're missing huge chunks of what happened.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 12th 2012, 3:56 pm

Shug wrote:
bergen wrote:

bergen ITA. The editing is not very good. I'd love to see everything that led up to Colton's takeover. The only thing we know is he has the immunity idol and must be using it to control and threaten them. We're missing huge chunks of what happened.

i agree the editing must be off...maybe since in the beginning the girls were a mess they mainly just focused on that but give us something, it's like he was just this little annoying blurb the first few episodes, mainly pissing off the girls and then BOOM he is this super villan, i can't really get behind this hype of him
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 12th 2012, 5:29 pm

It's pretty much what Coach's team let him do last season ... once Coach let his team know that he had an immunity idol, they never targeted him. I think teams should do just the opposite ... once you know someone has an immunity idol, force them to play it and get it out of the game.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 12th 2012, 5:34 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
It's pretty much what Coach's team let him do last season ... once Coach let his team know that he had an immunity idol, they never targeted him. I think teams should do just the opposite ... once you know someone has an immunity idol, force them to play it and get it out of the game.

ITA CJ. It's particularly important to make him use it since it's Colton, who we're led to believe is the puppetmaster of the game now.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 14th 2012, 6:43 pm

Anyone privy to tonight's spoilers? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 14th 2012, 6:55 pm

Frances wrote:

I don't think so, Frances, but I wish there was a spoiler that said Colton is blindsided tonight lol!
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    March 14th 2012, 7:04 pm

Maureen wrote:
Frances wrote:

I don't think so, Frances, but I wish there was a spoiler that said Colton is blindsided tonight lol!

Hugh posted a spoiler in the other thread.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”    

Back to top Go down

Episode 4 - “Bum-Puzzled”
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: