AuthorMessage
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 11:21 am

Who knew?

Did you know that drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately-without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers?

Did you know that Colgate Toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They'll clear up your stuffed nose..

Achy muscles from a bout of the flu? Mix 1 tablespoon horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil for instant relief for aching muscles.

Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly-even though the product was never advertised for this use.

Honey remedy for skin blemishes...... Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus: Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine Mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Easy eyeglass protection... To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409.. Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Smart splinter remover: Just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

Hunt's Tomato Paste boil cure.. Cover the boil with Hunt's Tomato Paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

Balm for broken blisters... To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine, a powerful antiseptic..

Vinegar to heal bruises... Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process..

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief.... it's not for breakfast any more! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 11:57 am

WOW! Kay I had no idea about some of these. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I'm borrowing it to save for use later.

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 5:06 pm

Oh I wish I had known years ago about the Alka Seltzer for UTI!! The Elmer's glue for splinters is a keeper! However, no way am I slathering on horseradish! Lot of good tips!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 5:59 pm

Lori wrote:
Oh I wish I had known years ago about the Alka Seltzer for UTI!! The Elmer's glue for splinters is a keeper! However, no way am I slathering on horseradish! Lot of good tips!

I wish I knew the trick about glue last year...I had one last year that hurt so bad trying to get it out.

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 6:23 pm

I could have used the Elmer's glue last week. Good to know for next time.

Snooki could have used the alka seltzer for her UTI's a few weeks ago.

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 6:26 pm

catty wrote:
I could have used the Elmer's glue last week. Good to know for next time.

Snooki could have used the alka seltzer for her UTI's a few weeks ago.

lol!
Do you watch that show, Catty?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 6:30 pm

Yes...unfortunately Embarassed lol!

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 6:37 pm

catty wrote:
Yes...unfortunately Embarassed lol!

Ok, we just can't be friends anymore!
lol!
KIDDING!! I just can't picture you watching that show.
I watched two episodes last year and I couldn't figure out why the heck I watched it the second time.
(((((((((((((((((((Catty)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 5th 2012, 6:43 pm

lol! I ask myself all the time why I continue to watch that show. I just can't stop. Maybe Snooki's pregnancy will be the end of the show. I hope so. It takes me four days to watch one whole episode hahaha

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   March 6th 2012, 12:06 am

You two are hilarious!! roll on floor laughi

PostSubject: Re: Who Knew?   

Back to top Go down

Who Knew?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum