Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25135
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:10 pm

Is it just me or did anyone else think the Survivor commercial for this weeks episode was pretty spoilery? A lot of my friends don't want to be spoiled THAT much.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:11 pm

Jack'd wrote:
I like then too Maureen, they always manage to bring the drama. Rachel is just a sore loser, whenever something isn't going her way, she reacts like a spoiled brat. I wish I could slap her upside her head when she gets like that and tell her to put her big girl panties on. It is a very emotional journey, so I give all the couples a pass for that.

The damn border patrol guys had to go and redeem themselves and now I like them. What a great thing to do, that was really a nice gesture.

I figured it was a NEL, so no worries tonight.

Thank God it was a NEL, Lynda, I would have cried even more if they were eliminated.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:13 pm

Odin wrote:
But I thought the NEL would only be on legs where Brenchel were in trouble? Isn't that what certain people wanted us to believe all along? Very Happy

(obviously j/king)

Yes, Odin, I guess Allison didn't tell the AR producers what to do this week to save Rachel. lol!
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:13 pm

KayS wrote:
Is it just me or did anyone else think the Survivor commercial for this weeks episode was pretty spoilery? A lot of my friends don't want to be spoiled THAT much.

Yea, they gave away a lot.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:26 pm

This is what is so embarrassing. BB fans that hate Rachel and Brendon tweet Phil with their hate for them or ask him stupid questions and insinuate that they are hated by all. I say take YOUR hate for them and shove it and stop speaking for all BB fans...Rachel has lots of people that like her.
Those pushy BB fans that tweet Phil make me feel embarrassed being a BB fan.

Phil Keoghan ‏ @PhilKeoghan
A to Q I actually got on very well with @RachelEReilly @brendonvbb12 no issues at the mat
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14987
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:34 pm

I forgot to add in my previous post, did Rachel say "digiorno" when she arrived at the mat? Phil gave her a funny look. LOL

I wasn't sure I heard right.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:43 pm

Maureen wrote:
KayS wrote:
lallybelle wrote:
Oh FFS. This is why people can't stand Brenchel.

This~

I like them, they make great TV and are never boring...I like crazy fights!

You liked those 'crazy fights' ? Really ?? Which one was the best ? The one after they found the coin ? The second one after they found the coin ? The one after they had identified four salamis ? The one after they had identified six salamis ? The one after they had identified eight salamis ?

Oh, and they do NOT make great TV. Rachel's never-ending fake tears and their fake fights and their fake threats to quit, to split, to kill each other, to whatever, does not make great TV. And it is BORING as hell. B.O.R.I.N.G.

I can guess that A LOT of the Brenchel 'fans' who are only Brenchel 'fans' because they were Jordeff BB allies are abandoning the good ship BRENCHEL, even as we speak.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:47 pm

catty wrote:
I forgot to add in my previous post, did Rachel say "digiorno" when she arrived at the mat? Phil gave her a funny look. LOL

YES!!...she said DiGiorno!!...she must have had pizza on her brain, Catty.
lol!

I just LOVE Phil...I especially love his eyebrow looks!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 8:50 pm

Hugh310 wrote:
Maureen wrote:
KayS wrote:
lallybelle wrote:
Oh FFS. This is why people can't stand Brenchel.

This~

I like them, they make great TV and are never boring...I like crazy fights!

You liked those 'crazy fights' ? Really ?? Which one was the best ? The one after they found the coin ? The second one after they found the coin ? The one after they had identified four salamis ? The one after they had identified six salamis ? The one after they had identified eight salamis ?

I liked them all!

Oh, and they do NOT make great TV. Rachel's never-ending fake tears and their fake fights and their fake threats to quit, to split, to kill each other, to whatever, does not make great TV. And it is BORING as hell. B.O.R.I.N.G.

Boring to YOU!...fun drama to ME!

I can guess that A LOT of the Brenchel 'fans' who are only Brenchel 'fans' because they were Jordeff BB allies are abandoning the good ship BRENCHEL, even as we speak.

If they jumped ship they were never fans. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 9:17 pm

*Sigh* I hate being distracted by sparkly things such as these arguments. Razz
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 10:26 pm

Their arguing and the boo hooing wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so obviously fake imo. But I know some are fans no matter what and that is cool. Rachel is a drama queen, it's part of her style.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9262
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 11th 2012, 10:30 pm

i have a question- can you not buy tickets at the airport? i never have, always through an agent but i just always assumed you could? can you not and that is why mark and bopper had to go back to the travel agent?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 12:01 am

Maureen wrote:
catty wrote:

YES!!...she said DiGiorno!!...she must have had pizza on her brain, Catty.
lol!

I just LOVE Phil...I especially love his eyebrow looks!

Thanks Moe. The volume was too low on the stream I was viewing and wasn't sure.

bergen wrote:
i have a question- can you not buy tickets at the airport? i never have, always through an agent but i just always assumed you could? can you not and that is why mark and bopper had to go back to the travel agent?

I missed that part of the show. I have to go back and re-watch.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 2:08 am

Rachel Reilly ‏ @RachelEReilly Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
cuddling with my bookie @brendonvbb12 -what's the difference between being over dramatic & comedy-laughter & tears!! I rocked both 2night!!
6m Quinton Aaron ‏ @QuintonAaron Reply Retweet Favorite · O
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:09 am

bergen wrote:

A person can buy tickets at the airport. I was surprised at that airport they couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16470

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:46 am

Yes, we saw the side of the Rachel/Brendon BB12 and BB13 dynamic that many of us didn't like. (The melt down and subsequent finger pointing when things don't go well.) They both add to the disfunction at those times. They both catastrophize.
"We'll quit the race right now."
"We'll quit the marriage."
"You'll do the same with your PHD."
(ouch! Lol)
I can watch it on the feeds or on TV and laugh but I could never live with it.

I just want them to last at least one leg longer than Dave/Rachel and Vanessa/Ralph.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 7:50 am

Wow Hugh, you obviously don't like Rachel/Brendan, we get it. But just because YOU find it boring, doesn't mean everyone does. Just because YOU think their fans like them because of JJ, doesn't make it true. You obviously have a hate on for them and are trying to justify in your mind why any one would like them. I get it - I don't get why anyone can like Jen J...but many do, so whatever. I don't spend my time trying to figure out why.

I don't think anyone who likes Rachel will deny she is a drama queen and reacts poorly when not doing well. Also, I think the fact that her "crying" is ugly doesn't help her cause. But, I don't think she can help that - she is who she is.

But I have seen Rachel when she is calm, and caring, and when she is loyal. I like that Rachel. I know that her and Bren are like oil and water, but I also can see that they are truly in love with each other, and I don't have to live with either one, so I don't care.

I think Rachel has a lot of growing up to do, and a lot of learning. Many of her generation are in the same boat - spoiled with no coping skills. She is learning, and has come a long way. I wouldn't mind seeing them win this race!

Having said that, there are obviously other teams I like. Mark/Bopper - great guys. I actually like Vanessa/Ralph. I don't like her meanness towards Rachel, but they work well as a team and seem to get along really well. I like seeing that in the teams. The border guys are intense, but I don't mind them. They really showed a different side last night.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 7:57 am

I think they had to make specific arrangements, and they couldn't do that at the airport for w/e reason. Y'know, they should have just explained that in the episode because everyone seemed to know that except Mark and Bopper.

The one thing TAR is definitely showing off as far as Brenchel is concerned is that Rachel is very good at competitions. She's done almost all of them, and she's only had a problem with 1 or 2 of them. Brendon needs to step up his game.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35538
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 8:18 am

Odin wrote:
I think they had to make specific arrangements, and they couldn't do that at the airport for w/e reason. Y'know, they should have just explained that in the episode because everyone seemed to know that except Mark and Bopper.

The one thing TAR is definitely showing off as far as Brenchel is concerned is that Rachel is very good at competitions. She's done almost all of them, and she's only had a problem with 1 or 2 of them. Brendon needs to step up his game.

Do you think that is on purpose? Maybe letting Rachel do early ones thinking that they may be physically harder as the race goes on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 8:30 am

Well, Brenchel didn't disappoint last night, lol! Here's what Rachel had to say about it:

Rachel Reilly ‏ @RachelEReilly
cuddling with my bookie @brendonvbb12 -what's the difference between being over dramatic & comedy-laughter & tears!! I rocked both 2night!!

Re: Mark and Bopper, I'm wondering if the clue said something specific about stopping at the travel agency in town and they overlooked it or thought it meant at the airport?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 8:36 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Odin wrote:

Do you think that is on purpose? Maybe letting Rachel do early ones thinking that they may be physically harder as the race goes on?

I dunno. To me, it looks like Rachel just volunteers based on the clues. If it is their plan, I think they were taking quite the risk. They should have divvied up the challenges a little more evenly, imo, but hey, whatever works for them works for them.

Since Rachel was completely absent from the previews for next week (for the first time ever), do you guys think she's back to leg 1/3 mode and is calm and rational? This show seems to want to highlight everything she does, so I can only hope she calmed the hell down and the other people on this cast get some development. It's hard to remember that some of them are even racing, lol.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 9:42 am

I think Rachel is just so competitive that when she reads the clue she immediately says "I'll do it". I don't know if she even stops to think. They will need to start having Brendan do some or they might get caught at the end.

For the most part, it's a crap shoot. You can't really tell by the clue what exactly you are going to be doing - they have just been lucky so far that Rachel has done well (well, except for the math/cow thing - I think B should have done that!) But the physical stuff, like that rapelling, she nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 11:25 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
Well, Brenchel didn't disappoint last night, lol! Here's what Rachel had to say about it:

Rachel Reilly ‏ @RachelEReilly

Re: Mark and Bopper, I'm wondering if the clue said something specific about stopping at the travel agency in town and they overlooked it or thought it meant at the airport?

I think she was referring to this too and not just AR.

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/rachel-reillys-new-gig-stand-up-comedy-enterpainment/
Rachel Reilly’s new Gig Stand up Comedy “enterpainment”
Big Brother Winner and The Amazing Race 20 super competitor Rachel Reilly joins the Raging Artists Comedy Troupe this weekend. First thing you’re probably thinking is WTF I know Rachel was funny on the live feeds but stand up isn’t that more Britney Haynes domain? It’s not exactly what you think, This isn’t a last minute carrer change from “reality royalty” to stand up comedian. Rachel is suppose to host the event.. but the troupes head writer says he’ll be writing her in to perform a full set to see “Reilly take the plunge”. Sounds like a blast

The press release calls Rachel “reigning queen of reality competition.. A effervescent and
beautiful young lady” Get ready for a night of bold comedy as a troupe of up-and-coming yet battle-tested comics bring their A game. The Raging Artists Comedy Troupe appears on March 11, at 7pm, in the Main Room at Flappers, which is located at 102 East Magnolia, Burbank CA, 91502.

Raging Artists Head Writer & CEO Justo Diaz
“We met Rachel while shooting a comedy pilot and took to her immediately,” “She is all about drama, which is the essence of comedy. We go out of our way to add a layer of reality to our work, converting pain into entertainment (‘enterpainment’). Rachel totally embodies that spirit.” Raging Artists has been changing the face of stand-up by writing material for people who haven’t performed but are willing to take the stage. As Head Writer for RA, Diaz has co-written and work-shopped stand-up material for Angyan, Noh, and Rephun as well as his own material. He’s eager to see Reilly take the plunge. “Rachel’s duties don’t demand that she perform a full set, but I’m writing one for her regardless!”
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 11:33 am

Oh, thanks, Mo - I didn't know about that!

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 1:50 pm

Rachel was in the " Dell' Arte " country she "had" to perform!

Very Happy

I just don't have any favorite team yet. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 3:46 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Yes, we saw the side of the Rachel/Brendon BB12 and BB13 dynamic that many of us didn't like. (The melt down and subsequent finger pointing when things don't go well.) They both add to the disfunction at those times. They both catastrophize.
"We'll quit the race right now."
"We'll quit the marriage."
"You'll do the same with your PHD."
(ouch! Lol)
I can watch it on the feeds or on TV and laugh but I could never live with it.
I just want them to last at least one leg longer than Dave/Rachel and Vanessa/Ralph.

agree CJ.

I wonder what's up with the PHD remark? Sounds like Rachel is having doubts about him finishing it. Brendon may be one of those people who are "professional students" and just love going to school, never finishing.

I think Rachel is letting Vanessa get under her skin. It appeared that her breakdown last night was after Vanessa taunted her but I could be wrong.

I have to say Rachel owned the repelling challenge. I was so proud of her.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 4:49 pm

Maureen wrote:
bergen wrote:

A person can buy tickets at the airport. I was surprised at that airport they couldn't.

I can't remember what the clue said, but maybe it was specific and the tickets had to be bought at a travel agency. Don't remember.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 5:02 pm

I should have used the multi-quote feature. Next time.

Nancy and Odin---I've been wondering the same thing about Rachel doing all the tasks. Maybe it's better she does the early ones when there are more people still in the race. I do think the math one should have been done by Brendon. Schooner, I agree that Rachel just says "I'll do it" without thinking it through.

Is it weird that I like Ralph? I thought it was funny how much Ralph enjoyed the parking feature of that car.

I also think Jersey Shore(that's what Rachel calls them) were really good last night.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 5:15 pm

catty wrote:
I should have used the multi-quote feature. Next time.

Nancy and Odin---I've been wondering the same thing about Rachel doing all the tasks. Maybe it's better she does the early ones when there are more people still in the race. I do think the math one should have been done by Brendon. Schooner, I agree that Rachel just says "I'll do it" without thinking it through
Is it weird that I like Ralph? I thought it was funny how much Ralph enjoyed the parking feature of that car.

I also think Jersey Shore(that's what Rachel calls them) were really good last night.

The Jersey Shore boys were good catty. When they first were shown last night I was like who are these guys? We've seen so little of them I didn't even recognize them. scratch

ITA with schooner too. Rachel is so competitive she's going to want to do all the tasks and she usuallly does a great job.

confused Question: How will they be penalized if she continues to do all the tasks and Brendon doesn't? confused

Number of posts : 16470

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 5:25 pm

When TAR first started, there was no rule about the number of roadblocks any one member could do but they changed it to avoid the strongest competitor doing all of them. Now, it has to be an even split. (At least I think the rule for this current season is the same as it has been for more recent seasons in the series.)
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 5:29 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
When TAR first started, there was no rule about the number of roadblocks any one member could do but they changed it to avoid the strongest competitor doing all of them. Now, it has to be an even split. (At least I think the rule for this current season is the same as it has been for more recent seasons in the series.)

CJ thank you for clearing that up for me. thank you

Then Brendon should start doing more of them, which may cause even more drama with Rachel being so competitive. lol!

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:21 pm

Eh...last night was typical b/r behavior. Nothing new there and of course they are going to show all the breakdowns...that's just the way they've always edited TAR.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:30 pm

Lori wrote:
Eh...last night was typical b/r behavior. Nothing new there and of course they are going to show all the breakdowns...that's just the way they've always edited TAR.

Yes, Lori, plus R/B's dramatic fights and Rachel's drama-filled breakdowns is exactly why the producers wanted them on the show...and they are giving the producers just what they want.

I think the producers thought Rachel would be the star of this season...but I think Bopper and Mark are the stars.
I haven't heard anyone (here or in real life) say they didn't like Bopper and Mark...everyone LOVES them!

You know I am 100% rooting for Rachel to win ...but I have this huge soft spot for Bopper and Mark so if they won and Rachel came in second, I wouldn't be the least bit bummed.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:47 pm

Moe---LOVE that avatar. Is it Katelyn and Keira?

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:49 pm

catty wrote:
Moe---LOVE that avatar. Is it Katelyn and Keira?

Yes, that's my two little loves!!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 6:52 pm

Such a sweet photo.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 7:11 pm

GREAT avi Maureen...Katelyn has grown like a weed!!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 7:24 pm

Lori wrote:
GREAT avi Maureen...Katelyn has grown like a weed!!!

Can you believe it, Lori?...it is scary how fast she is growing.

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 7:38 pm

It is scary, nothing shows the passage of time more than watching the little ones grow!!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   March 12th 2012, 7:49 pm

Maureen wrote:
Lori wrote:

Yes, Lori, plus R/B's dramatic fights and Rachel's drama-filled breakdowns is exactly why the producers wanted them on the show...and they are giving the producers just what they want.

I think the producers thought Rachel would be the star of this season...but I think Bopper and Mark are the stars.
I haven't heard anyone (here or in real life) say they didn't like Bopper and Mark...everyone LOVES them!

You know I am 100% rooting for Rachel to win ...but I have this huge soft spot for Bopper and Mark so if they won and Rachel came in second, I wouldn't be the least bit bummed.

agree Maureen. How can anyone not like Bopper and Mark? They're adorable and so happy. They're enjoying this experience to the fullest.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th   

Back to top Go down

Episode 4 "Taste Your Salami" - March 11th
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: