Share | 

Kitchen Facelift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 6:20 am

I'm doing a bit of a facelift in my kitchen ... new sink, counter, backsplash and range hood. My oak cabinets aren't on trend but I like them so I'm keeping them but I want new cabinet hardware. I saw some I like at Home Depot but I need 35 of them so I'm trying to find a better deal. I've been looking on-line for discount cabinet hardware but I haven't found the right thing yet. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 6:29 am

I've done a lot of looking too. It sucks because I need over 50 pulls and the hole spacing is not what they make anymore. I went to the Amerock site too and they only had 2 or 3 choices.

I think what we will do is fill one of the holes, paint over the cabinets it and use a one hole pull.

Kind of like this:

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 6:37 am

ikea has some pretty awesome hardware...and all different sizes
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 9:13 am

Oh ugh add me to the list of lookers. In addition to pulls, I need back plates as well. Problem is I have to have exactly the same size plate as I have now because the oak finish underneath the plate is a different color because it hasn't been exposed for 50 years, lol. I'd have to refinish all the woodwork if I didn't use a back plate. The cabinets are in great condition for their age so I continue my hunt.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 9:21 am

I love the painted cabinet look ... I think that will be beautiful.
I'll check out IKEA ... the biggest store in Canada opened here recently so they should have a good selection.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 9:56 am

Cousin_Jake wrote:
I love the painted cabinet look ... I think that will be beautiful.
I'll check out IKEA ... the biggest store in Canada opened here recently so they should have a good selection.

do you have restoration hardware around you??? i think they are on-line also, they also have AMAZING stuff, pricey but beautiful.

you are so lucky...i would die if i had the biggest IKEA store open around me, literally die in ikea...i can' spend hours in there...i know their stuff isn't top notch and their furniture is small, but the reason i re-did my kitchen is because of the big selection of hardware they had that finally fit my cabinets
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   February 23rd 2012, 9:58 am

We're remodeling a house too. I had the same problem with the spacing of the holes on the kitchen cabinets. We painted our cabinets and they're beautiful. the lighter color really brightened up our kitchen.

I looked everywhere and finally found some the right size at Ace Hardware. They carry the older sizes and also the backplates. At least they did a couple of years ago. You might check their website online There are also many websites that have hardware and specialize in sizes other than the standard sizes.

Good luck!

PostSubject: Re: Kitchen Facelift   

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Facelift
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: