all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

"Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 13th 2012, 6:52 am

"Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" ó Itís a battle of the sexes when tribes are separated into men versus women, but they are in dismay when they learn of a game-changing twist Ė they must share one beach. Meanwhile, castaways are shocked when a tribeís true colors are revealed at a competitive immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD, Wednesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Speculation is that " castaways are shocked when a tribeís true colors are revealed" means the men act like assholes.
There aren't really any spoilers that are for sure but rumors are that Kourtney breaks her arm.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 13th 2012, 2:20 pm

Thank You Nancy!

WOW! Talk about an exciting beginning! This sounds dramatic.

I was concerned about the women not getting along because usually they're bitchy with one another but it sounds like the men are the jerks this time. Love it! lol!

Can't wait until Wednesday! happy dance

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 13th 2012, 5:14 pm

Shug wrote:
Thank You Nancy!

WOW! Talk about an exciting beginning! This sounds dramatic.

I was concerned about the women not getting along because usually they're bitchy with one another but it sounds like the men are the jerks this time. Love it! lol!

Can't wait until Wednesday! happy dance

Love you Shug, but this old meme about women being "bitchy" to each other gets me.
Women are no more hateful to each other than men are. We are just judged more harshly because we are women.
Women are supposed to be "nice", so when women get irritated or mean, they are called bitches.
Men get terms like "aggressive", "tense", etc.
Both men and women can be jerks, that's for sure. From watching these reality shows, I'd say men are a lot more dismissive and misogynistic
toward females than the females being unkind to each other.

Also... it is up to us women to be kind to one another!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 13th 2012, 6:34 pm

Nancy I agree with what you posted and love you too! Kiss of Love

I was in a hurry when I posted that and didn't explain it very well.

I should have used another word instead of "bitchy." lol! You've lived in Texas and probably understand better than most how southern women who speak their minds can become known as "bitchy." You know, we're supposed to be reserved, polite, not curse and be proper ladies, otherwise you may be called a bitchy woman. In fact, I've been known as bitchy a few times in my life. (and was proud of it! Wink)

When I wrote that I was thinking of all the times on BB when the strong women have not stuck together in an alliance and could have won by doing so. Many times they choose to form alliances with men or let men manipulate them rather than sticking with other women. By doing this, they blow their chances of winning; for example The Brigade, Chilltown, Jesse's girls etc.

Just once I'd like to see a strong group of women build an amazing alliance and win. I have high hopes for that on this Survivor so I was excited to read that the men's tribe had drama already instead of the women's tribe, which is the stereotypical group to be labeled bitchy. IMO men are more passive agressive and women are more verbal about expressing their feelings, and I absolutely hate passive agressive people who don't say what's on their mind.

I hope that makes more sense and explains what I was feeling when I posted better than just saying bitchy women, which btw, is an expression I'm not fond of either.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 13th 2012, 7:03 pm

Thanks Shug...
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14892
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 13th 2012, 9:30 pm

Parvati did a good job of getting women to stick together and she went on to win. It rarely happens though.

Can't wait for the new season to start.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 14th 2012, 11:57 am

cant wait gonna love Survivor lol,been watching since Season 1 and now there on there 24th Season,hope this show never ends

SURVIVOR RULES duts rule
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 7:01 am

Tonight is the night... since not much is going on in the reality world.. Everyone watch and comment!!!
Then we will have TAR on Sunday and Celebrity Apprentice later...
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 1:37 pm

eating popcorn I'm ready and excited for tonight!

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 6:05 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Tonight is the night... since not much is going on in the reality world.. Everyone watch and comment!!!
Then we will have TAR on Sunday and Celebrity Apprentice later...

I'll try, I'll have to take notes lol, I never remember any of their names.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 6:33 pm

WOOOHOOOO I love Survivor!!! Can't wait.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 7:41 pm

Why is Lydia on Survivor???
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 7:44 pm

OK... lots of douchebags on the men's team

Oh and I still am loving Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 7:47 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
OK... lots of douchebags on the men's team

Oh and I still am loving Chelsea.

Love her too Nancy!!! She's BAD ASS!

Guys are the biggest assholes ever so far!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 8:09 pm

lallybelle wrote:

LOL lally, I thought the same thing when I saw her. Poor thing, ouch!

Is Chelsea the one that was catching the chickens? I left the room during that part, that's the part of Survivor that I can do without.

I'm not liking this men vs. women concept at all. Puke on that Tarzan guy, Colton, he'll either be a riot, a nightmare or another Cochran.

Oh and I pulled up the cast bios just to write this lol!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 8:12 pm

Jack'd wrote:
lallybelle wrote:

LOL lally, I thought the same thing when I saw her. Poor thing, ouch!

Is Chelsea the one that was catching the chickens? I left the room during that part, that's the part of Survivor that I can do without.

I'm not liking this men vs. women concept at all. Puke on that Tarzan guy, Colton, he'll either be a riot, a nightmare or another Cochran.

Oh and I pulled up the cast bios just to write this lol!

Jack'd, yes Chelsea is the one that caught the chickens, like it was nothing. LOL! The first one I was like sweet. 2nd one I looked at my dh and said she's a badass!
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12117

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 9:52 pm

I like Chelsea so far as well. Did you all see the previews for next week? Apparently, lots of castaways are not thinking favorably of Colton, if I heard correctly. I wonder what happened?

The men acted like pricks. First, they steal from the girls and then won't give them a stinking ember. Wow.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 15th 2012, 10:56 pm

Loved when Chelsea caught the chickens.

The guys did the right thing with taking immunity. I would have loved to see them finish the challenge to see who would have won, but I understand why they chose not to.

Liked the first half of the episode, but not the second half. Not finishing a challenge and someone leaving because of an injury is not how I want it to end.

Can't wait for next week!

Time will tell if Sabrina giving Colton the idol was a good move. It's too early to really know.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 16th 2012, 1:18 am

catty wrote:
Time will tell if Sabrina giving Colton the idol was a good move. It's too early to really know.

Colton was the only choice for Sabrina after the producer showed her she found the idol while on a leisurely stroll. Rolling Eyes

And that was a setup. Probst and his crew are so gung-ho for idolplay that they are now practically scripting the show. I wish they would get rid of the idols like they got rid of RI.

Any guesses on which male will 'find' the idol meant for the Salani tribe ?

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 16th 2012, 7:47 am

I guess I prefer the classic version of Survivor as well ... get rid of the idols. I feel a little disappointed in the women ... they don't show many signs of being willing to work together to get rid of the men.

Also, as Linda Holmes wrote in the blog that Oowatanite posted in the media thread, "Do not get sucked in by the host". It happens every season. Players let Jeff suck them into revealing way too much all the time.

Quote :
10. Do not be sucked in by the host. (The Thumb On The Scale Rule.) Back in the day, Jeff Probst was a mostly neutral host who teased out answers to questions in an effort to make the game more interesting. He is now a fairly open advocate for the players he likes, and he not infrequently presents arguments at tribal council that this person or that person should be voted off. He likes to phrase it as, "Does it worry you, Person I Don't Like, that they're going to think [argument that you should be voted off]?" This is basically always his own argument, not a hypothetical argument that might be made by someone else.

When you realize that the host is not a neutral observer but an advocate for whomever he's rooting for ó who is almost always whichever man he considers most rugged ó you have to realize similarly that if you are not that person, he is trying to trap you. If there is a rugged man nearby, he is that man's attorney. Simultaneously, he is trying to make tribal council exciting, which has absolutely nothing to do with what you want.

Don't be afraid of being bad television, is what I am telling you.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 16th 2012, 10:13 am

Frances wrote:
I like Chelsea so far as well. Did you all see the previews for next week? Apparently, lots of castaways are not thinking favorably of Colton, if I heard correctly. I wonder what happened?

The men acted like pricks. First, they steal from the girls and then won't give them a stinking ember. Wow.

I agree Frances. They were jerks, especially after stealing from the women. I didn't like some of the comments they made to the women either.

Colton is on a slippery slope playing both sides so early imo.
Back to top Go down
simple
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 16th 2012, 10:43 am

I missed the firts 40 minutes and the last 5 minutes:) I just don't ever seem to be able to catch a weekly show. thats why I love big brother. feeds Smile
I appreciate your comments here, that way I have a clue of whats going on when I do watch.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   February 16th 2012, 3:56 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
catty wrote:

Colton was the only choice for Sabrina after the producer showed her she found the idol while on a leisurely stroll. Rolling Eyes

And that was a setup. Probst and his crew are so gung-ho for idolplay that they are now practically scripting the show. I wish they would get rid of the idols like they got rid of RI.

Any guesses on which male will 'find' the idol meant for the Salani tribe ?

That's a good idea actually. I think some of these people are becoming dependent on being saved by an idol before they even start the game. It might be time to finally get rid of it.

PostSubject: Re: "Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)   

Back to top Go down

"Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" - Ep 1 (2012)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: