Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 17th 2012, 11:47 pm

Rachel said in chat during that reality thing they were at over the weekend that these two separated shortly after TAR ended, No idea if that's true or not
Back to top Go down
thelameone

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 1:17 am

Interesting how some people scrutinize a person's personality based on what they see on a t.v show but turn a blind eye when it comes to their favorites...And I'm not talking about Vanessa.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 5:41 am

thelameone wrote:

Interesting how some people scrutinize a person's personality based on what they see on a t.v show but turn a blind eye when it comes to their favorites...And I'm not talking about Vanessa.

Ya' know, thelameone, if Rachel was a whiner and a constant drama queen OFF the show...I sure wouldn't care too much for her.
I wasn't a fan of Rachel's during her first BB season but when I would read positive articles about her OFF the show and see her positive/bubbly tweets and see how friendly and nice she is to everyone (and everyone that meets her really likes her)...that is when I realized she "plays' her CBS parts well.
Vanessa doesn't seem to be "playing" a part...she is just being herself.

Ya' know what I like about Rachel the most?...she is the FIRST person to laugh at herself.
For some reason (after reading her facebook page) I just don't think Vanessa can laugh at her "perfect" little self.
She is the type of woman that will tear down another woman (one she thinks is weaker) just to build herself up.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35538
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 5:41 am

thelameone wrote:

Well of course! That is what we do.
I'm sure you mean Rachel. I think most Rachel fans know exactly what Rachel's personality is like and don't turn a blind eye.
They know it, and still either like her or are neutral, but still want her to win TAR.

Me for instance, I am not what you would call a fan, but I enjoy watching her and I want Brenchel to win because it would piss off a lot of people.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 5:48 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
thelameone wrote:

I'm sure you mean Rachel. I think most Rachel fans know exactly what Rachel's personality is like and don't turn a blind eye.
They know it, and still either like her or are neutral, but still want her to win TAR.

Me for instance, I am not what you would call a fan, but I enjoy watching her and I want Brenchel to win because it would piss off a lot of people.

Nancy, you just made me spit out my coffee with that last comment! lol!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 6:02 am

Regardless of Rachel's whining and crying, nope I don't turn a blind eye, she drives me CRAZY when she does that. I do think she and Brendon are very good competitors and I am rooting for her to win, if it can't be Mark and Bopper!!!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 1:35 pm

Wait...was it really insinuated that other teams don't get scrutinized or criticized? What a faulty assumption. EVERY team except Mark and Bopper has been criticized here, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 4:02 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
thelameone wrote:

tens

roflmao Nancy! roll on floor laughi

Odin wrote:
Wait...was it really insinuated that other teams don't get scrutinized or criticized? What a faulty assumption. EVERY team except Mark and Bopper has been criticized here, lol.

agree Absolutely!! We're equal opportunity criticizers and scrutinizers. We rarely cut anyone any slack.

Mark and Bopper are a rare exception because they're just so damn cute and nice. Cool

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14987
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 18th 2012, 5:21 pm

lovin wrote:
Regardless of Rachel's whining and crying, nope I don't turn a blind eye, she drives me CRAZY when she does that. I do think she and Brendon are very good competitors and I am rooting for her to win, if it can't be Mark and Bopper!!!

lol! It drives me crazy too, but I still like her.

As long as the Border Patrol and Vanessa don't win, then I'm fine. I'll even take Dave and Rachel over those two teams.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 19th 2012, 6:47 pm

Just going by their behavior after TAR, I don't think Vanessa and Ralph won. She's so bitter and doesn't behave like a winner would.

Art and JJ are also very bitter. We know V/R and Art/JJ are poor losers in the game so it makes sense to me that they would be the same way out of the game.

It makes me think that either Dave/Rachel, Brendon/Rachel or Mark/Bopper won. They haven't been as hateful and bitter as the others afterward imo.

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 19th 2012, 6:51 pm

Shug wrote:
Just going by their behavior after TAR, I don't think Vanessa and Ralph won. She's so bitter and doesn't behave like a winner would.

Art and JJ are also very bitter. We know V/R and Art/JJ are poor losers in the game so it makes sense to me that they would be the same way out of the game.

It makes me think that either Dave/Rachel, Brendon/Rachel or Mark/Bopper won. They haven't been as hateful and bitter as the others afterward imo.

Shug, I hope to heck Rachel and Brendon or Mark and Bopper win it!!
But I am like Catty, I would definitely root for Dave and Rachel to win over the border patrol guys and Ralph and Vain-essa if R/B and M/B don't make it to the end.

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 19th 2012, 7:57 pm

Well, Rachel and Brendon are behaving the same way they did after BB12 and 13, so it's not a great indication. They seem to appreciate the experience in general, though I read that they were recently looking for a house to "own."

I wouldn't mind if Dave/Rachel won either as they've been fairly neutral the whole race. I just don't find them particularly entertaining, and their fights are pretty vicious with how low they can go with one another. I'm thinking they need to get re-acclimated with one another. Everything they've won thus far should help with that.

I'd LOVE for Mark and Bopper to win it as it'd just be a great "feel-good" story for them and us. I doubt they will though. At best, they MIGHT make top 4.

Vanessa/Ralph... despite them thinking they're somehow a stronger team than Brenchel (I don't get it... they've come after Brenchel most of the race... and seem to have issues locating things, obvious or otherwise), I see them as the weakest team remaining. If something happens to keep Mark/Bopper busy for a large amount of time in the next two episodes, I can see them at top 4 at best as well. They've had too many close calls now, so they're lucky they're still around, lol.

Art & JJ... eh. I see them going out third. That's what I'm hoping for, at least. Their need to try and control everyone and their plan to go off on Davchel will do nothing but hinder them. We're also at that point of the game where physical challenges are dwindling down and mental ones are coming up, so we'll see what's up. If they win, however, ugggggh.
Back to top Go down
katydidit
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 24th 2012, 2:46 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
thelameone wrote:

LOL thats as good a reason as any Nancy for wanting Rach to win....I don't care if she wins or not at this point I just others call a halt with the hating. Its not like the haters really know her. I wish love and happiness for them all...I'm done with all the hatinjg....jmo
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 25th 2012, 10:02 am

So in the preview for the next episode of TAR (after Bollywood Travolta), it looks like Vanessa dislocated her shoulder. It looked really bad. I wonder if they'll be out of the race next leg.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   April 25th 2012, 8:48 pm

One can only hope boots. One can only hope.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 2:32 pm

Apparently, Vanessa and Ralph don't like Brenchel because of something they can't discuss dealing with politics? That doesn't make sense to me because V focused on Rachel, and that girl barely speaks about politics. Brendon, yes. Also, why would CBS block them from discussing something like that?

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print/posts/interview-vanessa-ralph-talk-the-amazing-race

Quote :
HitFix: What was it like watching the Battle in Bavaria on TV? And what did you guys learn from that fight?

Vanessa: I have learned a lot from watching a lot of the different arguments on air, the fights and behaviors. Let's just say that.

HitFix: No more details there?

Vanessa: I've realized that I have the capability to be mean. I have that in me. I can be mean. Everybody who knows me is saying, "Wow, you're really nice to me" or "You're nice to the people around you." I get really mama-lion around people that are close to me. If you say something mean to me, then typically I let it go, but if you say something mean to somebody close to me, then I'm gonna tear your head off. And the means by which I tear people's heads off? Probably it's not OK. Some of the things that I said, I should have never said and I'm taking that and learning from it.

HitFix: How about you, Ralph? What did you learn from watching things unfold?

Ralph: I'm just glad I didn't pick up the coat like she told me to, because I would have been blasted by my boys back here in Texas forever and ever. No, I'm just kidding. Honestly? There was so much more to that. It's the way it was cut. We know what happened. I wasn't nice. She wasn't nice. And it was just one of those times where all the pressure from all the racing and being basically stuck together for however many days we were, up to that point, it just all came out in that one instance, that journey up the hill. The funny thing is is that we've argued before and we know how to push each other's buttons and we were pushing all kinds of buttons going up that hill. It was just an argument that got aired, honestly. There was so much more to it that didn't. I really don't know what else to say about it. I don't know if I necessarily learned anything from it.

HitFix: You talked a little bit around this, Vanessa, but was there a first incident or an inciting incident that happened with the "Big Brother" team that got you guys off on the wrong foot? Suddenly, it just seemed like you guys were at war and it didn't really make sense on TV. Did it make sense there?

Vanessa: Yeah, it made sense. There was an incident that didn't air, about which I was told I couldn't disclose. It was just something...

Ralph: They just challenged our personal beliefs and it just really struck a nerve and then, all of a sudden, you see the escalation after that.

Vanessa: When everybody's sitting down at the airport and getting to know one another, we're talking about what we do in our personal lives. Of course, I come from a political background and they challenged my political beliefs in a really weird, vivid, strange, odd, offensive way. And I'm a hard person to offend, so if you offend me, then it's gotta be out there. And it rubbed me the wrong way. So, from that point on...
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9262
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 2:41 pm

i call bullshit...or i call bullshiut on the "weird, vivid, strange, odd, offensive way"
and what is her political background?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 5:27 pm

Makes sense to me. Brendon can be a real jackass when he starts spouting off about politics. Rachel probably just parrots him. He could have said something offensive about Hispanics or who knows.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 5:30 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Makes sense to me. Brendon can be a real jackass when he starts spouting off about politics. Rachel probably just parrots him. He could have said something offensive about Hispanics or who knows.

Brendon is hispanic!?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 5:32 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

Brendon is hispanic!?

I said... who knows? LOL
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 5:47 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

Brendon is hispanic!?

Yes he is and mention's it all the time..Personally I can't see Rachel in a conversation regarding politics. JMO
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 5:53 pm

lol @ the hispanic line. Thanks for that, Nancy. It literally made me smile.

Having seen enough of Rachel over two summers, I can tell you that I've never heard her speak a thing about politics, even during those morning talks with Shelly and Brendon. She asked questions and what not, but I don't recall her ever asserting an opinion. Brendon, definitely, but not Rach.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9262
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 6:33 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

oh them offending someone in a "weird, vivid, strange, odd, offensive way" i can see, just not the political way, i didn't think they had it in them...does anyone know how vanessa is connected politically?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 6:48 pm

bergen wrote:
i call bullshit...or i call bullshiut on the "weird, vivid, strange, odd, offensive way"
and what is her political background?

I call BS too!
We know they sign contracts and can't talk about who wins before the show ends and if TAR is like BB they have it in the contracts that they can't talk about production.
But no contract can tell you that you can't talk about yourself and/or your feelings (like what someone said to you, what someone did to you etc)...so once again I think Vanessa is full of it.

Maybe Vanessa might be a Christian that is totally against gay marriages...and I can see Rachel (even Brendon) saying that they think people that think like that are silly/stupid.

Or Brendon could have talked about legalizing human embryonic stem cell transplants.
Lots of people do not believe in it (maybe Vanessa and Ralph are firmly against it too) but I think someone doing research (like Brendon) would debate the issue of making it legal.
(And I can picture him saying it is stupid to think it shouldn't be legal)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 6:54 pm

bergen wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

oh them offending someone in a "weird, vivid, strange, odd, offensive way" i can see, just not the political way, i didn't think they had it in them...does anyone know how vanessa is connected politically?

I can't see it because that statement is coming from the same woman who kept yelling that she could see Rachel's arse.
Seriously, what mature woman do you know that would do that? I bet none.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 7:10 pm

San Antonio's Vanessa Macias said the ankle she sprained and re-injured over and over during "The Amazing Race" may never be the same.

"It still has a bit of a knot in it," she said during a phone chat Monday.

That was her only major complaint about the experience, which she and her partner, Ralph Kelley, said lived up to its amazing name. They finished fourth on Sunday's finale — the best performance yet by a San Antonio reality show contestant. ("Survivor: One World's" Kim Spradlin could make that a short-lived distinction in the next few days.)

When the cameras zoomed in on that left ankle on the CBS show's finale, it looked both swollen and angry.

"Like an elephant's ankle, purple and huge!" she exclaimed. "It actually got bigger when we got home ... like it was about to pop."

She was in so much pain during and after the Japanese game show challenge - which required her to run and jump on a speedy treadmill and grab rubber chickens hanging overhead - that she broke down and cried, something she normally doesn't do.

"If I ever see a rubber chicken again, I'm just going to vomit all over it and beat someone up with it," she said. "It was the most agonizing pain in my life. And to know I had to do it repetitively was even worse — 25 to 30 times, I had to run, fall down, scream, and then get up."

However, the longtime S.A. TV personality didn't give up. She got through the challenge and moved on to the next, gentler one: playing a kind of sushi bingo. In the end, she and her teammate, former beau Kelley — they broke up a couple of days after "Amazing Race" — were eliminated halfway through the finale.

They lost the $1 million grand prize to Army officer David Brown and his wife, Rachel. Macias and Kelley both said that the Browns, who broke the show's record for individual race wins throughout the season, deserved to finish first.

Besides, the S.A. duo enjoyed other benefits. Macias, the in-arena host for the San Antonio Talons arena football team, said she loves it when, on game days, "people would high-five me. I got lots of really good audience response."

The best reward, of course, was the incredible travel.

"We got to zip around the world in 20-something days and see things that we'd never otherwise see," Kelley said.

Macias' favorite part of the journey?

"Going on safari in Africa," she said. "I've always wanted to do that ... see elephants out in their natural habitat. It was so cool."

As for the tart-tongued, mean girl persona that she projected on some of the episodes, Macias said sometimes "my comments may have been too harsh." An example was a now-infamous exchange between her and "Race" rival Rachel Reilly, who, after winning the jackpot on "Big Brother," went on to try for the money here.

Reilly actually threw the first jab.

"How old are you," she asked Macias, "38?" (Macias is 31.)

"Yes, I'm 38," Macias retorted, "and somehow I still look younger than you."

Before the visibly stunned Reilly could react, Macias added this zinger: "Honey, get your nose done before you get your boobs done. Do everybody a favor!"

"Typically, I don't attack someone's appearance," Macias said. "I have a bit of a potty mouth, but I don't call people ugly. I myself was a ridiculously homely child."

However, she had no problem attacking Reilly's intelligence and behavior.

"I genuinely don't like her," she said. "I don't have much patience for whining, sniveling babies ... unless they are babies."

Though Kelley, a former S.A. fireman who loves spending time with his daughter from a former marriage, came through as more easy-going, he, too, disliked Reilly and her fiancé, saying he was upset "they came in third and we came in fourth."

Though the journey wasn't always smooth sailing and contestants frequently had to grab sleep wherever they could - on airport floors, in train stations - Kelley said he'd definitely do it again, suggesting a possible future all-stars edition.

Macias?

"Initially, I came out so beat up, I thought I never would," she said. "The further I get away from it, however, the more I think, yeah, I would, if the opportunity came up."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/life/article/Amazing-experience-was-worth-the-pain-3540849.php#photo-2909128
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 8th 2012, 7:16 pm

Vanessa on Great Day SA -

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 9th 2012, 5:28 am

I looked up Vanessa.. she got a degree in communications and political science. She worked for two State Senators ( Texas)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 9th 2012, 6:30 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I looked up Vanessa.. she got a degree in communications and political science. She worked for two State Senators ( Texas)

University of North Texas
Class of 2001 · Political Science · Journalism/Broadcast News · Denton, Texas
San Antonio College
Class of 1999 · Radio/TV/Film · San Antonio, Texas

She also worked with her ex-husband for Kens-5 TV station.
http://allegrettomusic.blogspot.com/2008/02/kens-5-connection-vanessa-macias-and.html
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 9th 2012, 6:33 am

She got to hold a baby mountain lion......SO CUTE!!!!

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 9th 2012, 1:55 pm

Rachel and Brendon responded to Vanessa's accusation. I'll put the link in their actual thread:

Quote :
Let's talk about your friends, Vanessa and Ralph. I just talked to them and Vanessa said your feud started because you didn't agree with her liberal political views and that Rachel said to her, "Oh, so you kill babies?" [Ed. Note: Check back Thursday for our interview with Vanessa and Ralph.]

Rachel: What?! She said I said that? That's insane! I did not say that.

Brendon: Wow. Well, apparently Vanessa is just like she is off the show as she is on the show. First of all, if she's saying that you said that in response to her being pro-choice, we're both pro-choice, so I don't understand that. I don't even think we talked about that. If we did talk about it, we never said that.

Rachel: Yeah, that makes no sense. I can't believe she's saying I said this. Anyone who knows me or has seen me on Big Brother — they film us 24/7 — know words like that would never come out of my mouth.

Brendon: But I can tell you how it started. It started before we even raced. Rachel and I were meeting and talking to the teams at the airport, which is what all the teams do. Rachel heard Vanessa say to Ralph, "Oh, that girl's staring at me" and blah, blah, blah. It wasn't even that Rachel did something; it was just that Rachel was there. I think that Vanessa is really one of those girls who wants to be the prettiest girl in the room all the time. If there's another pretty girl, she's gonna want them to get knocked down or not get the attention. I think that's what it was with her. It would go away and come back. The watermelons — it was really bad. In Europe, we sat down with them, had a beer and it was all cool. Then it started up again later. And it was all her, not Ralph. Even when we had that whole mat thing with them and shook hands afterward, I was like, "She's being super fake."
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   May 13th 2012, 4:06 pm

Posted w/o comment:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/13/amazing-race-vanessa-macias-bum-rap/
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   October 30th 2012, 5:17 am

Sad news, guys:

Hugh's boo was arrested a few days ago for a DUI charge.

Full story: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/27/vanessa-macias-amazing-race-dwi-arrested/?adid=hero4
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   October 30th 2012, 3:51 pm

Hope she learns her lesson about drinking and driving.

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa and Ralph   

Back to top Go down

Vanessa and Ralph
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: