Current occupation: Event Hostess
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 26th 2012, 7:10 pm

So Brendon is a PHD student, not studying for a Medical Degree. That's quite a difference! He's insinuated on BB that he was becoming a medical doctor.

He'll have the same degree as crazy Dr. Michelle and can only do research or teach., not practice medicine. Huge difference.

Ragan has a PHD too.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 26th 2012, 10:48 pm

Brendon has always said he was working on his Ph.D. He's also pretty much only talked about the research he's currently done in school.
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14909
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 27th 2012, 3:58 pm

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 27th 2012, 5:55 pm

laugh so hard I crie The look on Rachel's face that video is paused on before hitting play.

I had to watch the video without sound, but they look cute together there. I'll watch all the videos later on tonight with sound (at home).
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 27th 2012, 6:05 pm

I wonder if Rachel made all the sparkley tank tops herself. I don't think I've ever seen them in stores. They must be her signature look for TAR. lol!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 28th 2012, 6:38 pm

cant wait for TAR 20 love them lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 28th 2012, 6:40 pm

here's a bigger pic of there profile pic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 28th 2012, 7:25 pm

Rachel's outfit makes me smile. lol!

I think I've counted 3 sparkle tank tops now. I wonder how many others she'll wear during the race? boob shake

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 31st 2012, 9:20 am

Hmm.. Leg warmers and tights/leggings. I don't know how quick she'll be in the changing rooms. And of course a UCLA hat. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 31st 2012, 9:43 am

They "know their role!"
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 31st 2012, 9:46 am

Well yeah. Like it or not, part of any reality TV show is scripted. Whenever they're talking directly to the cameras.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   January 31st 2012, 6:43 pm

What a cute pic of Brenchel! Shug, I agree with you, it makes me smile. Smile
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 4:04 pm

Article:

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/rachel_brendon_dish_dramatic_amazing/294840

Quote :
As for their relationship with the other racers, Brendon said, "You'll have to watch and find out. I will say that Rachel never disappoints the audience in terms of drama—I will say that much."

"We can't talk about who knew us and who didn't from BB," Brendon added, "but we got along with some teams, we didn't get along with other teams and I think it's going to make for some great TV for sure."
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 4:14 pm

Thanks Odin!

I wish TAR and Survivor aired on the same night. Can't wait for Sunday!!

I wonder what teams liked them and which ones didn't.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 5:15 pm

I bet the Rachels didn't get along. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 6:15 pm

Oh the best part of that article -

As for their relationship with the other racers, Brendon said, "You'll have to watch and find out. I will say that Rachel never disappoints the audience in terms of drama—I will say that much."

So happy to read that Rachel doesn't disappoint.

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 6:44 pm

She knows her role ... and what keeps getting her cast.
I'm sure there will be plenty of fighting and crying but from the looks of things, they remain as competitive as ever.
Back to top Go down
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 6:59 pm

I really hope CBS hired someone to dress up as a bush and follow them around on the race. You never know when you'll need it with those 2 Smile
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 16th 2012, 8:24 pm

lol! about the bush. One of the best scenes last summer.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 3:50 pm

I'm encouraged from the comments. It sounds like they were there longer than one or two episodes. I can't wait to see them in an environment other than BB.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 4:55 pm

oh my gosh, 4200, if Brendon EVER cries in a bush and I get to witness it, that will be my last day on Earth. I'll die from laughing..., and I won't even feel bad about it. Very Happy
------

From the e-online clip, we can see that Rachel skydives solo. I wonder why Brendon opted not to do it.
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 5:12 pm

Phil did an interview for TV Guide: Here

This is what he had to say about Brenchel.

Quote :
You did play a big card, casting Brendon and Rachel, who might be the most divisive team ever.
Keoghan: Yeah, it's been quite controversial. I've had really interesting feedback. There are some fans who really just don't like that they're on. There are Racers right at the beginning who make it clear they don't like it. I don't really know why they think it's not fair. We've had known people on before, including Big Brother people. We don't have rules that say "you can't do this, you can't do that." ... But when you put a team in there who don't get a positive response, it's still a good thing. You want people to get stirred up. You want to have a team that people are going to talk about — and people are talking about them.

But even people who hate them are going to watch.
Keoghan: That's the thing. Do you hate them to a point where you're just not going to watch? Or do you watch because you don't like them? I think it's the latter. People would be crazy not to watch because of them. Trust me, you're gonna want to watch Brendon and Rachel. You will see a dynamic we've never had before. It's wild. Any other time we've cast known people, it's never been like this. We've never had a reaction to a team from other teams like we have — this animosity and tension.

Check out photos from The Amazing Race

Is there friction between other teams or does it all stem from Brendon and Rachel?
Keoghan: Yes and no. We have some very strong personalities and the strongest personalities are absolutely the women. Rachel's one of them, Vanessa's another, and they all clash. We have a good mix of people. We have some eye candy with the twin brothers. We've got the border patrol agents, who are all business, the federal agents who are women and tough as nails, but are also eye candy. Things just really clicked this season.

Do you watch Big Brother? Were you aware of them?
Kepghan: No. I don't watch a lot of TV. ... I had to literally hunt down clips and discover who they were and why people hate them so much. I saw why when I saw the clips. [Laughs] I realized, "OK! There you go." I think it's important to have an adversary. That's what life is like. There's no point in casting a show where everyone is perfect and no one pisses you off. Every day you're going to get rattled by somebody because they cut in front of you at the grocery store. Brendon and Rachel are, let's be honest, a truly unique relationship. Nobody should judge anybody in any relationship if it works, but it's definitely an out-of-the-ordinary connection. [Laughs] It's not your vanilla ice cream relationship. It's definitely a rocky road chocolate. I'm sure Ben and Jerry's has some crazy flavor that epitomizes what they are.

Sounds like they did what they were mainly cast for.
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 5:15 pm

Also, here is a write up of someone who watched the premiere already. http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/tuned-in-journal/31924-the-amazing-race-is-on-the-run-again

Quote :
There are some likeable characters in the new season, including two best friends from Kentucky and the twins, pictured at left ("He's like my life partner, but we're not gay," one twins says, prompting guffaws from the other).

Other winning lines from Sunday's premiere:

- Brendon trash talks a team of border patrol agents: "I'm half-Mexican and I hate them for a reason."

- One female contestant exclaims during a skydiving compeition, "My uterus is in my throat!"

- "Bopper," one of the Kentucy competitors, exclaims while making empanadas, "This is the first time I've ever made a pinata!"

It's not like "The Amazing Race" has become a bad show, just sort of ho-hum, aside from a crazy finish line first. The thrill is (mostly) gone.

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 5:17 pm

Exactly ... and he does make it sound like they're competing for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 5:19 pm

lol. I think a lot of that tension stems from BB12 Brenchel and knowing how strong they are as a team when they're in sync... also, Rachel's pretty catty/bull-headed, so I'm sure she said something in the heat of the moment. That winner's mentality with her, specifically, is a good and bad thing.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 6:35 pm

I wonder if Phil came across Brendon's apology video when he went searching for clips of them online lol

I think Mark and Bopper like them from a comment I saw on Brendon's facebook. Or Bopper does.

If I had to bet on a team that maybe doesn't like them....Vanessa and her partner. Forgot his name. From watching their video, they are there to win and will do anything to win. As it should be.

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 7:00 pm

Ya, Brendon and Rachel are very competitive but as we've seen throughout two summers, they're poor losers and tend to melt down and berate each other when things aren't going well. I expect nothing different this time around but they may get it together enough to do well.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 7:32 pm

So far, all the press has been about Brendon and Rachel, mostly Rachel, with a singular mention of Vanessa. Is this the protocol when CBS stars invade this show? I'm worried that it'll become the Brenchel show like BB13 was when it wasn't the Jeff & Jordan show. I tolerate Rachel well (and deal with Brendon), but I want all the teams to be represented as equally as possible.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 17th 2012, 8:41 pm

I think we'll see a mix of all the teams. At least I hope so because I'm looking forward to watching Dave and Rachel. If you read their bios, they should be a tough team to beat. I also like boy twins, Team Kentucky or country boys, and I always like rooting for an all female team.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35524
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 18th 2012, 6:16 am

Odin wrote:

So far, all the press has been about Brendon and Rachel, mostly Rachel, with a singular mention of Vanessa. Is this the protocol when CBS stars invade this show? I'm worried that it'll become the Brenchel show like BB13 was when it wasn't the Jeff & Jordan show. I tolerate Rachel well (and deal with Brendon), but I want all the teams to be represented as equally as possible.

Yes, we have spoiler and discussion in the ( i think) general discussion area of the BB section. We have seen the Hawaii pics etc.

ETA: starts here http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net/t10851p480-rachel-and-brendon-bb13-and-amazing-race-20
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35524
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 18th 2012, 6:24 am

My speculation is that they went deep into the game.
I think that either they were in the final 3 or used as a decoy to gin up interest.

The only reason I think they may have been decoys is that the Hawaii pics were so readily available. There wasn't much effort to hide such a visible couple.
On the other hand, they really could be in the final 3 and there was no trickery involved.

Whatever the outcome, they sure seem happy and upbeat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Alejules
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 18th 2012, 12:02 pm

I am excited to see them on TAR. Sometimes they do make me a bit C-R-A-Z-Y but I never seem to tune them out or stop watching them. The definitely provide great entertainment. I am looking forward to this season. I was starting to lose interest in TAR so if Rachel and Brendon were intended to keep viewers watching or bring back viewers it worked with me.

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 2:44 pm

A few pictures from the premier party

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
anickjl16
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1436
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 3:25 pm

I have a real love hate relationship with Brendon and Rachel, hated them on bb12 but in the end was rooting for Rachel to win bb13. Rachel needs a "Jordan" type person to keep Rachel calm and in check and with Brendon as her partner, that's not about to happen.

They are the most competitive duo I've ever seen on bb. I will be on the edge of my seat every Sunday just to see what kind of antics they're up to.

Love them or hate them......they make for good tv!

Good luck guy's!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 4:10 pm

Does Brendon wear glassess now? I've seen a few photos where he's wearing them and I don't think he's wearing them for fun. I kind of like the look.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 5:14 pm

I wonder what's up with Brendon and Rachel wearing green outfits all the time? Anyone know?

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 5:21 pm

It's their favorite color I think. I really don't know.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 7:12 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
catty wrote:
It's their favorite color I think. I really don't know.

I am almost positive that the AR producers assign different colors to all the teams...either they asked for green or they were assigned that color.

Thank You
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   February 20th 2012, 8:04 pm

Rachel avoided crying in the first episode, so she makes up for it in episode 2.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brendon and Rachel   

Back to top Go down

Brendon and Rachel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: