Me too, Frances...me too!!
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14988
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   April 30th 2012, 8:55 pm

Thanks for finding the day and time Moe.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   April 30th 2012, 10:56 pm

TV guide Interview: http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/article/Amazing-Race-s-Bopper-and-Mark-Our-Friendship-Is-3522257.php

Quote :
How close were you to Art and JJ?

Bopper: I don't know, but looking at the shadow on the mat, we'd come in pretty late after them. We were three hours behind from the beginning. We did our best, but I think we were beat before we left that morning. [Laughs]

Mark: We put everything we had into that leg -

Bopper: Including my hair!

Mark: We knew no matter what, we gotta try. The Fast Forward was good. It was the only lifeline we had and we went for it. ... We didn't know for sure we would be eliminated, but we thought we might.

Bopper: Yeah, we still had our fingers crossed that we'd still be in it, but we knew we would have fun that day regardless and run as hard as we could.

Was it worth it to shave your head to get eliminated?

Bopper: Oh yeah! Just for the opportunity - I shaved my head for the chance to win the money for my child and my family, so I could give my family a better life and I could relocate us to a healthier environment. I would shave it again right now!

Mark: My head was already shaved, so I didn't have a problem with it.

Bopper: Mark was concerned about them gapping him up and stuff.

Last week really did you guys in. What about the dance was so hard, Mark? Were you just tired and feeling sick from the bus ride?

Mark: Well, on the show, when I got sick, my buddy Bopper here did whatever he had to do while I got healthy. But in that instance, I got sick and when we got there, it was a dance and he couldn't dance because of his leg, so I had to do it. When I started doing it, there were so many steps that after the first two steps, I was like, "Are we ready now?" The teacher said, "No." I looked at him, like, "Man, I don't know if I can do it. I'm weak and getting dizzy." I gave it everything I had.

Bopper, you told him to quit. Did you mean quit the task and take the penalty or quit the whole Race?

Bopper: I had gotten really concerned about Mark. He had quit sweating. I could tell by the look in his eyes that something was wrong and I didn't want to see my buddy risk his life or his health. As bad as we needed the money, I needed my buddy over the money. I had a cracked femur and I knew that I couldn't do the dance, but when I looked in Mark's eyes, there was nobody home. I just told him, "Let's just take the penalty. I have to take you back to Kentucky walking and not in a body bag."

Mark: The reason I stopped was because when I blacked out, I just saw my kids. I've got three kids and I just couldn't imagine their life without me. Money ain't everything in life. I wish a lot of people will understand that. Your family is what life's about. I'd rather come back to Manchester broke as I left and take care of my kids than risk dying and no one taking care of my kids.

Quote :
You seem to have gotten along with every team. Art and JJ gave you money in Italy, but then in the airport in Africa, they almost threatened to U-Turn you if you didn't switch sides. What happened there?

Mark: The reason Art and JJ gave us the money was because they thought we were out of the Race. But then I think out of that, like you said, when they threatened us, they didn't come to me. They went to Bopper. They gave him that money and I guess they thought Bopper was gonna be willing to do whatever they wanted him to because they gave him the money. The money was a nice gesture from them, but we didn't ask for nothing. But we're two ol' country boys and we're not gonna change - money can't buy us. I told Bopper, "Man, they're not gonna threaten us. They're not gonna tell us what to do." We got along with everybody. If they don't like us, that's their loss. We're friendly to everybody. We talked to all the teams. We didn't just sit in this little group or that little group like some other teams. We mingled with everybody.

Bopper: We talked to all the teams: "Let's help each other along. The last leg is what counts. If I can do something to help you, I will. But we all agree: If we make it to the final three, it's dog-eat-dog." We all agreed. I was not gonna U-Turn anyone unless it came down to keeping me in the game. That's the only way I would've U-turned anyone, including Art and JJ, even after they made that comment.

You were definitely the fan favorites this season and a lot of people want to see you on the next All-Stars. Are you up for it?

Bopper: Absolutely! If they called me right now, I'd say, "Sweetie, I have to get off this phone because I gotta get on an airplane because I'm about to do the Race again."

Mark: Do it in a minute!

Much more at the link above. I'm so disappointed to read that Mark lost his job while he was off doing the show. I hate to see such a great guy struggling. Sad
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   April 30th 2012, 11:04 pm

Double post to split the interviews up. Hope that's okay with y'all:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-bopper-minton-and-mark-jackson-talk-the-amazing-race-13419.php

Quote :
Reality TV World: This week's episode showed Mark in bed prior to starting the leg. Mark, were you actually medically cleared to compete but you were worried you still might not be able to last or be strong enough to compete? Or was it the case where you were not medically cleared to compete and you guys were just waiting for the "Okay."

Mark Jackson: No, I was medically cleared. I just -- just like with Bopper's knee -- there was nothing in this world that would've stopped me from competing for that money.

William "Bopper" Minton: No.

Mark Jackson: I mean, you saw how I was on the show. I was still wobbly, still confused a little bit and everything.

Reality TV World: Mark, would you mind elaborating on what your condition really was? Was it a heat stroke, dehydration or a combination of things?

Mark Jackson: Well, it was the heat stroke, I got sick throwing up, and then the heat -- I just started sweating and everything and I just had a heat stroke. I got dizzy and blacked out a little bit. It was basically just a heat stroke.

Quote :
Reality TV World: There has clearly been a lot of tension between Rachel R. and Brendon Villegas and Vanessa and Ralph Kelley. How much of that were you two aware of while you were racing with them? Did you think one team was more at fault for starting arguments than the other or would you say they both were equally responsible for causing drama?

Mark Jackson: It was nonsense. Everybody just wanted to pick on poor Rachel. And Vanessa, she picked on everybody -- not just Rachel. She picked on everybody.

William "Bopper" Minton: I can honestly say that Rachel, she's a good person. She literally is a good person. They may have had some stuff happen that we didn't see, you know, but as far as what we did see, Vanessa just did not like Rachel.

So we just stayed out of all the drama, we did. (Laughs) My kids are in school, so me and Mark wouldn't want to have our children watching us participate in any kind of drama on TV because we teach them not to do that stuff.

Dude, when even Mark and Bopper are calling you mean, then you must be pretty mean. Ouch, Vanessa.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   April 30th 2012, 11:13 pm

It's sad to read that Mark lost his job when he got home. Sad

Many of the teams have said the same about Vanessa in their interviews. I bet she will get a positive statement from Art and JJ.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 9:31 am

So I see that all of the teams are ganging up on Vanessa. Nice ... Rolling Eyes

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9262
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 9:34 am

nah, art & jj haven't, so that's not all of the teams,but...if it walks like a duck...
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 10:09 am

And the leading questions by the interviewers ... Rolling Eyes

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 10:30 am

Hugh, would you feel this way if everyone was saying this about Brendon and Rachel? Vanessa has a mean streak, lol. It's not really a secret. You said it yourself that she owned up to it.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 11:44 am

If Vanessa was as bad as these idiot teams say, they would have shown more of it. Her edit has not been that bad, actually. I suspect some post-season behind-the-scenes shenanigans among some teams.

And for some reason, the interviewers have it in for her. Hell, even Phil purposely started a fight at the mat last episode. Vanessa knew exactly what he wanted and gave it to him.

And the ass-kissing of Brenchel by the other teams is frankly ridiculous. Mad

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 12:01 pm

Hugh310 wrote:

If Vanessa was as bad as these idiot teams say, they would have shown more of it. Her edit has not been that bad, actually. I suspect some post-season behind-the-scenes shenanigans among some teams.

And for some reason, the interviewers have it in for her. Hell, even Phil purposely started a fight at the mat last episode. Vanessa knew exactly what he wanted and gave it to him.

And the ass-kissing of Brenchel by the other teams is frankly ridiculous. Mad

arse-kissing??...it is more like they liked B/R and met the "real" R/B off camera (not the Vegas Rachel or dramatic Rachel) and they saw the "real" Vanessa off camera too ...same way as she was on camera! lol!

Bopper and Mark, who haven't said ONE bad word about anyone even said Vanessa picked on Rachel (for no good reason) and she picked on EVERYONE else too.
And their "picked on" is their gentleman's way of saying "she was nasty to people"

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 12:55 pm

I don't think KY hung around with Vanessa during the pitstop breaks so they hardly know the "real" Vanessa ...

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 1:27 pm

am i watching the same TAR? are we talking about the same vanessa?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 1:31 pm

bergen wrote:

lol!
I am watching the TAR you are watching, Bergen, and not the one Hugh is watching.

Hugh, what channel is your TAR on??
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 2:08 pm

Maureen wrote:
bergen wrote:

lol!
I am watching the TAR you are watching, Bergen, and not the one Hugh is watching.

thank you, i thought what the hell am i missing here...
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 2:14 pm

bergen wrote:
Maureen wrote:
bergen wrote:

lol!

thank you, i thought what the hell am i missing here...

We are missing the channel that Hugh watches his TAR on lol!
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 2:16 pm

lol @ you guys. Hugh is just sticking up for his woman! Leave him be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 2:49 pm

Odin wrote:
lol @ you guys. Hugh is just sticking up for his woman! Leave him be. Very Happy

We are having fun and just razzing him, Odin...Hugh is so razzable!
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 3:38 pm

I've already posted that Vanessa is 'playing' her character and doing what is expected of her on the TAR tv show. I just object to the "it's the way she is in real life" bullshit.

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 3:43 pm

Hugh310 wrote:

I've already posted that Vanessa is 'playing' her character and doing what is expected of her on the TAR tv show. I just object to the "it's the way she is in real life" bullshit.

Hugh, read her facebook ...I think some of her comments on there reflect how she is (the same as on the show).
So IMO I don't think she was playing a "character" on TV...she was just being "her normal self".
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 1st 2012, 5:39 pm

Quote :
RFFRadio Interviews

MARK & BOPPER!!

Listen Live

Wednesday, May 2nd @ 9pm Eastern

http://www.rffradio.com/live

Or Right here at RealityFanForum
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 2nd 2012, 10:02 am

Maureen wrote:
Hugh310 wrote:

Hugh, read her facebook ...I think some of her comments on there reflect how she is (the same as on the show).
So IMO I don't think she was playing a "character" on TV...she was just being "her normal self".

On facebook, she's catering to her fans/friends so of course she's gonna play up the feud and her 'character'.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 2nd 2012, 6:57 pm

Bopper and Mark are in Hollywood!

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 2nd 2012, 8:04 pm

I thought when Brendon tweeted this yesterday that he was talking about Mark & Bopper being in LA.

Brendon Villegas ‏ @brendonvbb12

Missing @RachelEReilly tonight, but seeing a couple fellow racers tomorrow. #TARfam
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 2nd 2012, 8:06 pm

Jack'd wrote:
I thought when Brendon tweeted this yesterday that he was talking about Mark & Bopper being in LA.

Brendon Villegas ‏ @brendonvbb12

Missing @RachelEReilly tonight, but seeing a couple fellow racers tomorrow. #TARfam

I bet you are right, Lynda!
And tomorrow they are on The Talk...I have it all set to record.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 2nd 2012, 10:16 pm

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print/posts/interview-mark-bopper-talk-the-amazing-race

I think it's cool that Art and JJ still want to send Mark and Bopper money once everyone gets their money. Very kind of them.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s66/the-amazing-race/news/a379287/amazing-races-bopper-mark-qa-we-gave-everything-we-had.html

Also cool how close they got to both Davchel and Brenchel. Interesting to see that they think only Nary and Jamie were the ones completely loyal to them.

RFF podcast interview (starts at 1:03:00):

http://www.rffradio.com/archives/498
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 2nd 2012, 11:27 pm

Thanks Odin. I'm going to listen to that interview tomorrow. My comp is giving me a hard time today.

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 3rd 2012, 2:01 pm

I'm at work and was talking with my Mom on the phone. She was watching the Talk and asked me who these two were. I told her their back story (she doesn't watch TAR) and she told me that they gave them a check for $10,000 ($5,000) each.

I hope she got it right, she doesn't always lol. If that's the case, I'm really happy for these guys. It's amazing what a fan base they have acquired. I don't think we've seen the last of Mark & Bopper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 3rd 2012, 4:17 pm

An emotional Bopper & Mark fan favorites from "The Amazing Race" receive a $10,000 check on "The Talk."

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 3rd 2012, 4:19 pm

TheTalk.com Exclusive: Co-host Sharon Osbourne sends a special message to fan favorites from "The Amazing Race," Kentucky Boys Mark and Bopper!

Number of posts : 25135
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 3rd 2012, 7:38 pm

That is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 4th 2012, 5:50 am

Rachel wrote this to Mark (I keep HOPING they were in Hollywood not just for The Talk)

Rachel Reilly
SOOOO excited for you 2!!!! Wish y'all only the best Smile
Like · · 6 hours ago ·
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 4th 2012, 9:12 am

I think that Rachel doesn't deal with things well, or in an adult way - but I do believe she is a nice person. She showed such a different side of herself during her 2nd time on BB. Yeah she whines, she cries, but I think that is just the way she copes. Everyone is different.

I find it completely hilarious when fans believe the editing when it paints the ones they dislike in a bad way, but don't believe the editing when it does to the same to the ones they like.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that Vanessa is not a nasty girl is just caught up on her looks and can't see beyond that. My husband loves her, and when I say "yeah, but she is a nasty-ass bitch" he says "so, she looks so good doing it". LOL

I think even Ralph got disgusted with her constant pettiness.

I also find it amusing that people when fans think that they have a better impression of these people than the other racers who spent a month with them. Why would you assume that a team didn't get to know another team?

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 4th 2012, 10:27 am

Schooner wrote:
I think that Rachel doesn't deal with things well, or in an adult way - but I do believe she is a nice person. She showed such a different side of herself during her 2nd time on BB. Yeah she whines, she cries, but I think that is just the way she copes. Everyone is different.

I find it completely hilarious when fans believe the editing when it paints the ones they dislike in a bad way, but don't believe the editing when it does to the same to the ones they like.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that Vanessa is not a nasty girl is just caught up on her looks and can't see beyond that. My husband loves her, and when I say "yeah, but she is a nasty-ass bitch" he says "so, she looks so good doing it". LOL

I think even Ralph got disgusted with her constant pettiness.

I also find it amusing that people when fans think that they have a better impression of these people than the other racers who spent a month with them. Why would you assume that a team didn't get to know another team?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

zip a lip

Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 4th 2012, 10:59 am

FYI...

this

Rolling Eyes

kind of makes this

zip a lip

irrelevant

LOL
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 5th 2012, 8:22 am

Mark and Bopper in NY with Rachel and Dave.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 5th 2012, 8:30 am

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   May 5th 2012, 4:34 pm

These photos kind of make me think Rachel and Dave won. I think Ernie and Cindy were on Live with Regis and Kelly last season the day after they won. Maybe this season's winners will be too. Or not? We'll see on Sunday or Monday.

PostSubject: Re: Mark and Bopper   

Back to top Go down

Mark and Bopper
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: