all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs   January 22nd 2012, 5:08 pm

This is amazing!

Watch a live cam of Jewel, a North American black bear, who just gave birth to 2 cubs this morning. You can hear the cubs nursing and fussing. Jewel may have possibly had a 3rd cub but it has not yet been confirmed.

3-year-old Jewel is the daughter of June and younger sister to Lily. She and her brother Jordan are the 2 cubs appearing in the final scenes of the BBC’s ‘Bearwalker of the Northwoods’ and also the 2 yearlings playing with Gordon Buchanan’s camera equipment in the BBC’s ‘Bear Family & Me’.

Wildlife Research

bearstudy
Tweets about Jewel:

bearstudy Video of Jewel birthing her cubs is on BearStudy's YouTube channel: youtube.com/watch?v=eognFI…3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

bearstudy We hear 2 distinct voices from Jewel's den - one nursing and one fussing. bear.org/livecams/jewel…3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

bearstudy We can confirm that #Jewel had 2 cubs this morning. She possibly had a 3rd. We can't confirm unless we hear 3 voices. bear.org/livecams/jewel…6 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

bearstudy #Jewel birthed a second cub about 8:40 AM CST ! bear.org/livecams/jewel…8 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE LIVE CAM:

http://bear.org/livecams/jewel-den-cam.php

Link to watch YouTube video of the birth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eognFId4gFM
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs   January 22nd 2012, 5:34 pm

Thanks Shug ... I find these video streams very addictive!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs   January 22nd 2012, 5:40 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Thanks Shug ... I find these video streams very addictive!

Me too Cousin! This one is incredible. I'm amazed at how much the bear cubs sound like human babies. I just watched the YouTube video of the birth and the cub's first cries sounded just like my babies crying. I can't believe how tiny the cubs are either. I thought they would be bigger.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs   January 22nd 2012, 5:48 pm

Yes, bear cubs are very small at birth. I think they weigh less than a pound, but then they spend the winter in the den with the mother and are much bigger by the time they emerge in the spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs   

Back to top Go down

Watch Black Bear Jewel's Den Cam: Wildlife Research Bear Study Jewel Has 2 Cubs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: