Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 1st 2012, 8:45 am

I suspected as much Shug. If Abby were horrid 24/7, the girls would constantly be in tears. I knew there was a softer side to Abby that wasn't being shown.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 3rd 2012, 6:35 pm

Tonight on Dance Moms: Season Finale
Abby's dancers compete in the regionals and for a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 9:33 am

I had never watched this show before, but found myself sitting with my daughter this past weekend and there was a marathon on - so I ended up watch 3 episodes.

That was enough for me.

I can be told a million times that Abby is nice - I would NEVER subject my daughter to that kind of teaching (I use that term loosely). She is a fucking maniac. The way she screams, and the degrading stuff she says to them - OMG it's ridiculous.

And the mothers aren't much better. This whole "stuio hopping" thing - I say BIG DEAL. It's your money, and you are not happy with the way your daughter is being treated, it's your right to find one that works for you. I could totally see what that mom meant. For the other moms to be so catty and jump all over her - it was stupid. They are so caught up in thinking their kids are going to be stars they can't see the damage they are doing.

My daughter's best friend has been seriously involved in dance since she was little (she is 17 now). There have been alot of great benefits; however, the mental strain is almost not worth it. I cannot believe the number of girls with eating disorders and other issues relating to their dance.

I am not saying that putting your kids in dance is wrong - but you do have to find the right studio and best atmosphere. I wouldn't let my dog be trained by Abby.

And I am curious about one thing - wouldn't being a dance instructor mean that she herself would be in better physical shape?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35417
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 10:28 am

Shug wrote:
Abby's dancers compete in the regionals and for a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet.

I watched my recording this morning. I am not surprised at all that Chloe was the only one that Joffrey invited. She is the one dancer who really has the ballet body. She also knows when to turn off that "competition face". Abby's dancers are not Joffrey quality. They do competitions.
You have competition schools and you have ballet schools. It's a totally different approach to training. LOL and those Joffrey judges! I knew what they were thinking.
I'm also happy Chloe had her time to shine by winning. Abby showed her true colors too. She obviously favors Maddie.
Maddie is a good dancer, but she won't amount to anything if she doesn't broaden the types of dance she does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 10:35 am

Schooner wrote:
I had never watched this show before, but found myself sitting with my daughter this past weekend and there was a marathon on - so I ended up watch 3 episodes.

That was enough for me.

I can be told a million times that Abby is nice - I would NEVER subject my daughter to that kind of teaching (I use that term loosely). She is a fucking maniac. The way she screams, and the degrading stuff she says to them - OMG it's ridiculous.

And the mothers aren't much better. This whole "stuio hopping" thing - I say BIG DEAL. It's your money, and you are not happy with the way your daughter is being treated, it's your right to find one that works for you. I could totally see what that mom meant. For the other moms to be so catty and jump all over her - it was stupid. They are so caught up in thinking their kids are going to be stars they can't see the damage they are doing.

My daughter's best friend has been seriously involved in dance since she was little (she is 17 now). There have been alot of great benefits; however, the mental strain is almost not worth it. I cannot believe the number of girls with eating disorders and other issues relating to their dance.

I am not saying that putting your kids in dance is wrong - but you do have to find the right studio and best atmosphere. I wouldn't let my dog be trained by Abby.

And I am curious about one thing - wouldn't being a dance instructor mean that she herself would be in better physical shape?

I'll answer you last question since I was a studio owner/teacher for 35 years. No, it doesn't necessarily benefit the students to have an "in-shape" instructor. Often the young and fit teachers care more about how they look than what the students look like. As long as you have assistants who can demonstrate, it really doesn't matter that much. Teaching is 90% brain work. To take this explanation farther, many of the master teachers/choreographers taught well into their senior years. George Balanchine choreographed well into his 70's.
Also.. Abby is more of a choreographer than a technique teacher.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 10:58 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Shug wrote:

I watched my recording this morning. I am not surprised at all that Chloe was the only one that Joffrey invited. She is the one dancer who really has the ballet body. She also knows when to turn off that "competition face". Abby's dancers are not Joffrey quality. They do competitions.
You have competition schools and you have ballet schools. It's a totally different approach to training. LOL and those Joffrey judges! I knew what they were thinking.
I'm also happy Chloe had her time to shine by winning. Abby showed her true colors too. She obviously favors Maddie.
Maddie is a good dancer, but she won't amount to anything if she doesn't broaden the types of dance she does.

agree

I was so happy to see Chloe win the scholarship too Nancy! I'm no expert but I've always thought Chloe is an excellent dancer. It was very sad that she didn't get more praise from Abby, but she never does. I give Chloe's Mom credit for encouraging her in a positive way. Chloe is a sweet child who seems to truly care about her friends.

I LOL@ the Joffrey judges. The looks on their faces and comments about the "tricks" and bottom shaking were priceless. Obviously they don't respect the competition style of dancing Abby teaches.

I was disappointed in the way Abby reacted. It must be horribly hurtful to the other girls when she shows such favortism to Maddie. I had my favorites when I was a teacher, which is normal, but I tried really hard not to show it. Abby is way too attached to Maddie.

I'm curious about Maddie, Nancy. As a dance teacher do you think she's as great as Abby thinks she is? I just don't see it. She seems very short to be a professional dancer and is often stiff, which is the only word I can think of to describe it. I don't see the emotion from her I saw in Chloe either. I guess what I'm saying is she seems almost mechanical in her dancing to me but I'm not an expert.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 11:21 am

Shug, I agree. Maddie does have time to grow. She won't be a ballet dancer, that's for sure, but she could do Broadway or Vegas. Broadway is the big goal for many of these girls. You don't necessarily have to be tall either.
I think really that the most demand for dancers right now is in music videos. That is a whole different style than what these girls do. But... a good dancer can adapt.

The thing that separates the professional ballet dancers is: at about 13 or so, the go off to a professional school. They dance 6 hours a day and do their studies as well.
Very few come out of studios at age 17 or 18 and turn professional in the ballet world.

A lot of my students went on to get college degrees in dance. That way they can get a rounded education. Most who do that go on to teach.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 11:38 am

WOW! I wonder if Chloe has the talent to go away to school at 13 and become a professional ballet dancer? That takes so much dedication and hard work.

She certainly seems to have the grace, height and body type I see in professional ballet dancers. I hope we get to see her dance at the Joffrey Ballet. I'd like to see her dance in a different environment without all the drama and negativity.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9195
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   April 4th 2012, 12:31 pm

so wait nancy, has abby danced in her past? most teachers have danced right?
so they do all that training and then go on to teach but no longer dance?
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   July 4th 2012, 9:59 am

Abby's Dance-a-Thon

Season 2: Abby's Dance-a-Thon. Original air date: 6/26/12. Abby Lee Miller is never happy with second best. When the dance moms get in her way, things often go awry; when out of her way, her young dancers bring home the gold. In this episode watch Abby tackle the mama drama, taking us through her countdown of the worst to the best dance performances.

I watched this last night and it's fantastic! The worst and best performances with commentary by Abby. There are some beautiful moments and hilarious comments by Abby. This contains some performances that were never shown on the show.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/dance-moms/video/season-2/episode-17/abbys-dance-a-thon

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   July 4th 2012, 10:00 am

I watched it as well last night and agree, it was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
katydidit
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 7th 2012, 4:48 pm

I watch this trainwreck with the moms too. I really do love watching the girls dance. They are all really talented. Does anyone her watch? I know Abby drives me insane but I can't stop watching..Sad
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 7th 2012, 7:50 pm

My girls love this show...course they are both dancers too but not at the level these girls are at, but they do pretty good I think. Hubby and I watch also usually On Demand.

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 8th 2012, 3:50 pm

Oh boy the episode last night was something else. I really have to wonder what this is doing psychologically to these girls. I have no idea why Abby went on a rampage about Chloe last night. That poor girl running into the hallway sobbing with the other girls consoling her just broke my heart.

It's one thing when the moms trash each other and Abby, but when the adults start on the girls, I just want to vomit.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 8th 2012, 4:23 pm

I agree Lori, poor girls!!!

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 9th 2012, 7:10 am

Lori wrote:
Oh boy the episode last night was something else. I really have to wonder what this is doing psychologically to these girls. I have no idea why Abby went on a rampage about Chloe last night. That poor girl running into the hallway sobbing with the other girls consoling her just broke my heart.

It's one thing when the moms trash each other and Abby, but when the adults start on the girls, I just want to vomit.

Lori, watching Chloe just broke my heart. Did Abby call her a snake or a sneak? Why? I didn't get it at all. Chloe seems like the sweetest of all the girls. She never causes problems and is happy for her fellow dancers when they do well.

I don't mind Abby attacking the Mom's but I think it's wrong for her to personally attack the girls. It's wrong on so many levels. Chloe suffers most from Abby's favortism of Maddie yet always has a good attitude. I just wonder what brought on that comment?

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 9th 2012, 7:31 am

That episode was the worst ever.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   August 9th 2012, 9:20 am

Shug - I think she called her a snake. Chloe had done absolutely nothing. In fact I really am amazed at the lack of cattiness amongst the girls. They all seem to genuinely care for one another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance Moms Season 2   

Back to top Go down

Dance Moms Season 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: