View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Stand together   December 4th 2011, 12:55 pm

Get a number to show your stand against bullying.
(I learned about this site from an Extreme Home episode and the Walker family and it was so emotional)

http://www.standtogether.tv/
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Stand together   December 4th 2011, 1:09 pm

I saw that on EHMO it was so sad.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Stand together   December 5th 2011, 5:45 am

Giggles showed this to a few of us yesterday...it is extremely sad so if you don't want to cry don't watch it.

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Stand together   December 5th 2011, 8:25 am

I saw that video when Perez Hilton tweeted it the other day. Perez was on a mission to get it out to everyone he knew. The video was apparently made in August, something Perez didn't know and it went viral this weekend. Here's an update on Jonah's progress from Perez's website.

http://perezhilton.com/2011-12-04-bullied-teen-jonah-mowry-is-doing-well-and-happy/#.TtzSTHpF__w

Also, there must be some saying that it's not true. Perez just tweeted the following -

PerezHilton Perez Hilton
It saddens me - but is expected - that internet trolls are trying to twist Jonah's video and another video to make it seem like he lied.

Back to top Go down
BarbaraAnn
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Stand together   December 5th 2011, 6:40 pm

He posted this update with the video on youtube

UPDATE, PLEASE READ
To all my friends and supporters,
I made this video 4 months ago just before school was about to start. I was 13. It was a very emotionally dark time in my life. I made the video at 4:00am in the morning; I hadn't been sleeping at night for a long time, too many things going on in my head. I was dreading going back to school and I had not come out to my family yet. Only my closest friends knew. I didn't know how to say what I needed to say. All I could think about were all the bad things that had been happening at school last year, every year for that matter. I just couldn't bare to go through that anymore. I was done being fake happy, pretending hateful words didn't hurt, done hiding it from my family.
So this video was made for my friends that had moved on to High School who were worried for me, to say to them that I was going to take a stand, and to the haters at my middle school that I'm not going anywhere. I am who I am. I posted the video here and told people were to find it. That was it.
My friends were moved by the video and thought I did something important. I was encouraged to upload it to my Facebook page so more people could see it. Maybe it could help someone else going through the same thing. So I linked it Dec. 1st. My Parents saw it for the first time Dec, 2nd.
Then..... all this happened.
I never expected in a million years that it would have such a wonderful impact on so many people. I am truly humbled and truly thankful for all the love, encouragement and support from people all over the world. It's been incredibly overwhelming. I don't know what to say. Thank you so, so much!
Lastly, yes you have seen me happy in a couple short videos replies I posted; I would think that would be a good thing , and yes I do have friends, my High School friends, and I have made friends because when I came out they realized that they had hurt me and that they fealt sorry. The video is real, and true.
In the last few months everything eventually came out in the open, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders; I'm happy, I'm excepted for who I am, I'm more confident and feel stronger every day.
Thank you all, Love and peace to all who are hurting.
Jonah Mowry

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Stand together   December 5th 2011, 7:00 pm

God Bless Jonah Mowry.

He's an angel. floating angel

My number is 98,836
Back to top Go down