Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14853
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Project Runway All Stars   November 30th 2011, 4:09 pm

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/lifetime-announces-cast-of-project-runway-all-stars-debut-jan-5--12923.php

Lifetime announces cast of 'Project Runway All Stars,' to debut Jan. 5

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 11/30/2011

Lifetime has revealed the identities of the 13 former Project Runway designers who will be competing on Project Runway All Stars, which has been re-scheduled to premiere on Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9PM ET/PT

The network had announced in October it was bumping the debut of Project Runway All Stars -- which Lifetime had previously scheduled to premiere on November 3 -- to sometime in 2012 but did not specify a reason for the delay or a new premiere date.

The 13 returning Project Runway designers who will compete on Project Runway All Stars are first-season contestant Austin Scarlett; second-season contestant Kara Janx, fourth-season contestants Elisa Jimenez, Rami Kashou and Kathleen "Sweet P" Vaughn; fifth-season contestants Kenley Collins and Jerell Scott; sixth-season contestant Gordana Gehlhausen; seventh-season contestants Mila Hermanovski and Anthony Williams; and eighth-season contestants Michael Costello, Mondo Guerra and April Johnston.

As previously announced, Project Runway All Stars will not include regular Project Runway participants host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, but will feature supermodel Angela Lindvall as host, designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman serving as judges, and Marie Claire editor-in-chief Joanna Coles as mentor instead.

According to Lifetime, the fact the network considers Project Runway All Stars "a completely separate show" from the regular Project Runway series is why Klum, Gunn, Garcia, and Kors will not be a part of the all-stars edition, which the network first announced in early May.

Despite the absence of the four Project Runway veterans, Project Runway All Stars' format will remain similar to the franchise's regular format and feature 13 returning contestants competing for the new panel of fashion experts who will offer the designers "a fresh perspective on their art, providing counsel and insight," according to the network.

The winner of Project Runway All Stars will also receive a grand-prize package that is significantly larger than that of Project Runway's normal package: the opportunity to sell their exclusive collection in select Neiman Marcus Stores and on NeimanMarcus.com, $100,000 worth of technology and office space from HP and Intel, a $100,000 cash prize from L'Oreal Paris, a feature spread and one-year assignment as guest editor for Marie Claire, and a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother International.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35512
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   November 30th 2011, 5:38 pm

I'll need pictures to remember some of them!! ( go Mondo)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   November 30th 2011, 5:40 pm

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   November 30th 2011, 5:58 pm

can't wait!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   November 30th 2011, 6:59 pm

This should be so much fun to watch! Mondo was wonderful...he should have won his season. I will certainly be rooting for him!!
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   December 1st 2011, 11:35 pm

I can't believe some of these picks! Kara and Elisa? Really? Idgi. And what is Project Runway without Tim and Heidi?! I will really miss them.

I will be rooting for Mondo (of course! So robbed!!), Rami, Anthony, Gordana, Mila and Michael.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   December 28th 2011, 4:44 pm

Don't forget... this starts Thursday Jan 5th 8/9pm
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   December 28th 2011, 6:44 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Don't forget... this starts Thursday Jan 5th 8/9pm

Thanks for the reminder, Nancy. This should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   December 28th 2011, 7:39 pm

Tim mentioned on a talk show that there's a big shock on the premiere for the designers and not in a good way. It should be interesting to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   December 29th 2011, 4:43 pm

It's a week away. I can't wait to see this show.

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 5th 2012, 6:11 pm

Just a reminder that it airs tonight!!

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 5th 2012, 7:00 pm

Thank You

I had forgotten that it's on tonight. Thanks for the reminder catty.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 6th 2012, 7:03 am

I loved the show and thought the designs were amazing! My fav 3 were the ones the judges picked as well. I just can't get over they were made from things from a 99 cent store! I think the new judges are a breath of fresh air, really. But, no one can beat Heidi...that one will take a bit more getting used to!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 6th 2012, 8:20 am

i really liked it also! I really liked the woman from Marie Claire, i guess she is the Tim Gunn...
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 6th 2012, 10:06 am

I liked it too. It is weird without Heidi and Tim. I don't miss anyone else. These are great designers and so creative. I was amazed at the little black dress. I loved it! The judges scored them as I would have except for the little black dress...I would have given him first place. I love that designer...he always dresses to match the outfit he's created, which is so cute.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 6th 2012, 3:48 pm

I loved it too.

Mondo. I love that guy. I still feel he was robbed during his season.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 6th 2012, 4:01 pm

I'll have to watch it Tuesday. That's when it is on next. I just figured my DVR would record it, but I had to set it for Project Runway All Stars. It was previously set for just Project Runway.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 6th 2012, 4:22 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I'll have to watch it Tuesday. That's when it is on next. I just figured my DVR would record it, but I had to set it for Project Runway All Stars. It was previously set for just Project Runway.

Nancy, so will it be on 2 nights next week-Tues. and Thurs.?? I don't want to miss it!!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 13th 2012, 3:01 pm

I think I liked the dresses that were in the middle of the pack more than Austin's and Anthony's. I don't usually like pink, but I liked Kenley's dress. I loved the top half of Gordana's dress. I probably would have given Michael the win instead of Austin.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 13th 2012, 3:24 pm

Many of the dresses ended up looking more like prom dresses than something you would wear to the opera. I loved Austin's dress best. It was very elegant and perfect for the occasion. Anthony's dress was very nice too.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 13th 2012, 6:58 pm

I loved Michael's black dress the best...very pretty. I could see why Austin's dress won, however, I don't think it fit the model as well as it could have...she didn't have anything to fill out the top! I too liked Kenley's dress. She certainly thinks outside the box. Loved the show!! Glad Sweet Pea left...ugly dress.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 20th 2012, 1:51 am

What a great show tonight with Miss Piggy as the guest! I think Romi's very cute, whimsical pink polka dot dress should have won...BEAUTIFUL!! I could see Miss Piggy in it. I also think the other lady in the bottom 2 should have been the one to leave. She didn't do anything that was asked of her in the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 20th 2012, 12:22 pm

ebowers wrote:
What a great show tonight with Miss Piggy as the guest! I think Romi's very cute, whimsical pink polka dot dress should have won...BEAUTIFUL!! I could see Miss Piggy in it. I also think the other lady in the bottom 2 should have been the one to leave. She didn't do anything that was asked of her in the challenge.

ITA ebowers. I thought the dress that won was too drab for Miss Piggy. This was such a cute show with Miss Piggy. Loved it!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 20th 2012, 3:42 pm

I loved Miss Piggy. So weird, I thought Michael should have won last week and this week I thought Rami's dress was beautiful and should have won.

Austin's dress was ugly. I thought he should have gone home.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 26th 2012, 3:33 pm

Tonight's episode is called :

"Good Taste Tastes Good"

The designers only have six hours to create a look for model Miranda Kerr.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 26th 2012, 4:44 pm

Shug wrote:
Tonight's episode is called :

"Good Taste Tastes Good"

The designers only have six hours to create a look for model Miranda Kerr.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm a little concerned Mondo hasn't really shown. He is doing OK and all, but I guess the competition is pretty stiff.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 26th 2012, 7:28 pm

Mondo has done a wonderful job on each challenge imo. He should have won when he made the gorgeous little black dress.

I hope he does well tonight. IMO he's the most gifted of all the designers and deserves to win. He designs clothes that real women can actually wear and look good in.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 26th 2012, 9:04 pm

I'm looking forward to tonight's show. I love Miranda Kerr.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 27th 2012, 7:24 am

Great show last night!! I loved Mondo's dress and Michael's was exquisite...I was glad he won...again. I was happy April left. What a Debbie Downer...her whole attitude was negative and she always looked depressed and never looked like she was having any fun.
Am I the only one who loves Kenley's designs? They are always so fun and flirty looking.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 27th 2012, 10:05 am

ebowers wrote:
Great show last night!! I loved Mondo's dress and Michael's was exquisite...I was glad he won...again. I was happy April left. What a Debbie Downer...her whole attitude was negative and she always looked depressed and never looked like she was having any fun.
Am I the only one who loves Kenley's designs? They are always so fun and flirty looking.

i like kenley and loved last nights, thought it was super cute, I think she is a good designer but predictable, like i don't think she would ever WOW me....michael i am really happy for him, i mean I'll say he makes it look so easy, i liked jerells design also.
Nancy did you have a sneak preview of this episode, it was pretty much all mondo, i think he will be fine and will definitely get to the end again, he always pulls something out, may not win all the time but it's pretty fantastic
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 27th 2012, 12:35 pm

Mondo has come in second several times. I still have high hopes for him. I loved his dress last night and also loved Michael's. I thought Mondo's was far more creative.

bergen, I like Kenley too. I'm afraid she won't do as well as the others because her clothes all look somewhat the same each time. She needs to take a chance and get away from her signature styles. Personally, I like her feminine, fun designs but he judges don't seem to.

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 27th 2012, 4:14 pm

I thought Kara should have left instead of April. Her dress was so ugly. Not that April's was any better, but OMG at the ruffles.

I loved the top 2 dresses. It would have been hard for me to pick a winner.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   January 28th 2012, 11:41 am

catty wrote:
I thought Kara should have left instead of April. Her dress was so ugly. Not that April's was any better, but OMG at the ruffles.

I loved the top 2 dresses. It would have been hard for me to pick a winner.

agree catty. I had a maternity dress much like the dress Kara made with all the ruffles. I loved the color of April's dress and the way she got the color by mixing the two fabrics. It's a shame she didn't have time to finish it correctly.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 2nd 2012, 6:36 pm

Can't wait to see what these talented designers show us tonight! Love the show.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 2nd 2012, 6:54 pm

Me too eb! Here's what my TV Guide says about tonight's shows:

Project Runway All Stars:

"The contestants must ask strangers for their clothing; the designers must use the clothing gathered on the street to create new outfits."

For 24 Hour Catwalk tonight's episode:
"The designers must make a red carpet look using a pink chenille bathrobe." lol!

Sounds like entertainment to me, especially asking strangers for clothing. happy dance

I'm ready eating popcorn
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm

Thanks, Shug...I'll be watching.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 2nd 2012, 9:08 pm

Mondo finally won!! I was happy for him. Michael's outfit was awful...those were supposed to be shorts? I liked Anthony's outfit but I knew who would be the one going because he didn't use 50% of the material taken off the streets in his outfit.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 3rd 2012, 12:10 am

So happy that Mondo won!! His design was beautiful...it looked so pretty on the model. I haven't cared for Austin's designs this season, but tonight I really liked his. I thought the skirt was amazing. And Romi's shorts were to die for. And, unlike the judes, I loved the hat he put with his outfit. What can one say about Michael's outfit, really?? It was BAD! Poor Anthony, he had about a half a dozen different ideas during the competition. I knew he was in trouble. Great show!!!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 3rd 2012, 6:53 am

I'm so happy for Mondo! He's such a talented designer. Loved his design.

I loved Romi's outfit too and don't understand why the judges didn't like the hat. I thought it was perfect with the outfit.

Anthony had a beautiful fabric to work with. Why didn't he use it?

One of the best shows ever!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   February 10th 2012, 12:06 am

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Kara should have gone home...what an ugly, blah outfit. I thought the pants Austin designed were absolutely beautiful. It was hard seeing Mondo so upset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway All Stars   

Back to top Go down

Project Runway All Stars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: