Share | 

Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35460
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 1:16 pm

Final Four

According to ABC:

Each pair will be dancing three times Monday night. Everybody will do the Argentine Tango, then each couple will perform either a Paso Doble or Samba, then there is the Cha Cha Relay. For the Cha Cha, each pair will dance for about 30 seconds to “I Like the Way It Feels” by Enrique Iglesias. The teams will be ranked by the judges, and points doled out accordingly. This could have a huge impact on the scoreboard at the end of the night, as the first place team receives 10 points while the last place team only receives four points.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 7:05 pm

Can't wait for tonight's show!! Wishing Cheryl and Rob much luck out there on the dance floor tonight. 3 dances is a lot of work!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17284
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 7:41 pm

ebowers wrote:
Can't wait for tonight's show!! Wishing Cheryl and Rob much luck out there on the dance floor tonight. 3 dances is a lot of work!!

Their first dance was soooo good! He has come so far, it's hard not to want to root for them.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 7:48 pm

Jack'd wrote:
ebowers wrote:

Their first dance was soooo good! He has come so far, it's hard not to want to root for them.

Yes, I thought he was fantastic.
Ricki was too. She has such wonderful posture.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 8:08 pm

Hope getting her claws out lol. You have to take criticism along with the praise.
She had a pretty rough time growing up.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 8:46 pm

LMAO Did anyone see the previews to the Bachelor??? OMG, the old lady as one of the Bachelorettes, has to be a joke.

Where the hell is everyone?
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14721
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 11:32 pm

Hope should go this week.

Nice to see Landon Donovan.

Rob has come a long way since the show started. He should be in the final 3.

I'm still rooting for JR. I hope that first dance doesn't hurt him.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 11:33 pm

I LOVED Rob/Cheryl tonight. I voted for them...again!

I have to say, Hope has been a real disappointment for me this season. We have seen Hope in person on the soccer field a couple times playing for the U.S. Women's National Team as my daughter was a soccer player for many years. I really wanted to like Hope, but she is making it hard for me to enjoy her on DWTS. My husband is still rooting for her. I think she's childish (Maks, also...they belong together) and her attitude is poor. Granted, the judges have been unkind with their remarks, but she really can't dance and I think they are trying to tell her that! I think she is the weakest link and should GO HOME tomorrow.

Cheryl and Rob for the win and the beautiful mirror ball trophy!

Yes indeed, catty...VERY NICE to see Landon Donovan tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 11:38 pm

Please Hope and maks go home tomorrow. She is so bratty.

I need to go vote for Rob and JR. I am a little nervous that one of them will go home. If Ricki, JR, and Rob are the final three I would love any of them to win.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 14th 2011, 11:42 pm

bubs wrote:
Please Hope and maks go home tomorrow. She is so bratty.

I need to go vote for Rob and JR. I am a little nervous that one of them will go home. If Ricki, JR, and Rob are the final three I would love any of them to win.

Yes, there is a part of me that is nervous about that also. Maks and Hope have rabid fans that want to sock it to the judges for their cruel remarks to them. I hope everyone 's voted tonight. Every vote will count!
I also agree that if the F3 are Ricki, JR and Rob I wouldn't care who wins then.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 15th 2011, 7:32 am

The whole damn show was preempted for the Packer game (great game but I missedmy DWTS). It was on in the middle of the night but I forgot to DVR it.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 15th 2011, 3:10 pm

I've been disappointed with Hope this season, but when she lashed out at Carrie Ann last night, I think it had more to do with her "don't smile like that Maks" remark. I don't think Carrie Ann needed to say that.

Hope should go but I wouldn't discount that she might have fans that are loyal voters.

We shall see.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 15th 2011, 10:09 pm

Happy with the final 3.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 7:21 am

jodriver58 wrote:
Happy with the final 3.

Me too!! Should be a good finale next week. That Design a Dance with Derek and Anna last night was sooooo wonderfully executed...beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 8:34 am

I don't believe for one minute JR was in the bottom two. I think they did that for dramatic effect.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 8:40 am

I finally watched Monday night's show last night, right before watching the results show.

I think Carrie Ann is a BITCH! She has her favourites and it's so obvious. She raves and gets all excited with mediocre performances, and is constantly looking for fault in Maks' behaviour. When she made that "smile" comments to Maks (who was doing absolutely NOTHING - Hope was smiling, not him) I wanted to smack her.

I knew Maks and Hope would get the bottom score on the relay dance (even though I don't think they deserved it), and I knew they would end up going home last night. I don't mind that, and I think the Final 3 this season are actually deserving.

I just hate the way Carrie Ann acts and her bias is so obvious it's sickening. I don't blame Hope one bit for not taking that shit and speaking her mind. Good for her.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 10:18 am

Carrie Ann shouldn't have said what she did, but Hope did deserve the bottom score IMO, and she stayed a lot longer than others who were better. I really like her as a person and an athlete, but she sucked as a ballroom dancer. IMO

Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 11:18 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Carrie Ann shouldn't have said what she did, but Hope did deserve the bottom score IMO, and she stayed a lot longer than others who were better. I really like her as a person and an athlete, but she sucked as a ballroom dancer. IMO

The relay was really tough, but honestly, I thought Hope and Maks did better on that particular dance than Derek/Ricki. I am not a trained dancer nor am I an expert, but I just thought they did a better job - which is surprising because usually I think Ricki is far better.

Yes, Hope was probably on the show longer than better dancers...but so was Chaz and Nancy. That always happens. I thought Hope was rather awkward as a ballroom dancer, so I don't mind her going. I was just pissed at the judging.

Doesn't matter, because I don't see anyone beating JR in the final.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 11:20 am

PS: Did anyone see them on Kimmel or any other interviews post-elimination
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9207
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 11:46 am

Schooner wrote:

so funny because i just read an article that she is being a crybaby and is pissed about being voted off and is not doing and post interviews. It's on usmagazine.com

i was going to come here and ask of she had been like that on the show
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 11:52 am

bergen wrote:
Schooner wrote:

so funny because i just read an article that she is being a crybaby and is pissed about being voted off and is not doing and post interviews. It's on usmagazine.com

i was going to come here and ask of she had been like that on the show

I went looking after my original post, and found that too. I think Hope is alot like Maks in that regard, she is not good at hiding her feelings and she says what is on her mind. Yeah, maybe she wasn't giving the most "classy exit performance", but I honestly feel that the judges were harsh to her and she didn't necessarily deserve it. So it's a bit of both - she is not being the bigger person and putting on a happy face, but then again, why should she act like she was ok with it.

I think that she got overwhelmed when it was all over, emotionally, and probably just wasn't up to smiling and acting as if it was all ok.

I don't know, we all handle things differently. I was hoping by the time they did Kimmel that she was able to laugh about it all.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 3:54 pm

She tweeted that it wasn't her decision to not do Kimmel or GMA.

Her tweets don't sound like she was upset. She was thanking her fans and people she worked with on the show behind the scenes.

I think she deserved to go this week. I actually think she is probably relieved that she did.

It's going to be a great final next week.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 6:52 pm

catty wrote:
She tweeted that it wasn't her decision to not do Kimmel or GMA.

Her tweets don't sound like she was upset. She was thanking her fans and people she worked with on the show behind the scenes.

I think she deserved to go this week. I actually think she is probably relieved that she did.

It's going to be a great final next week.

I am sure the producers were a bit nervous to have Maks/Hope go on any after show...they are both loose canons, if you ask me. The producers said they wanted to highlight the F3 instead...change things up a little. We all know that that is code for something else!!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 7:33 pm

Lori wrote:
I don't believe for one minute JR was in the bottom two. I think they did that for dramatic effect.

He wasn't in the bottom 2 she said Not necessarily in the bottom 2.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 10:42 pm

I don't remember where I read this, but Tony talked about Hope and said such kind things about her...and said he hopes that his daughter(s) will grow up like her...her being a role model for them. Hope thanked Tony and started to cry and left the interview. I guess DWTS brought out the worst in Hope. My own daughter grew up in the soccer world and loved Hope. But, I sure think she was a MAJOR disappointment on this show...a sport's figure with poor sportsmanship?? Or she got a very bad edit!!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 16th 2011, 10:45 pm

lovin wrote:
Lori wrote:

He wasn't in the bottom 2 she said Not necessarily in the bottom 2.

I wonder why they just don't say who the true bottom 2 are?? Why all the secrecy of who the bottom 2 really are?/ I don't get that, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 17th 2011, 8:04 am

I don't either. There would have been more suspense if they would have had Rob (who I believe actually was bottom2) verses Hope in the bottom 2. Obviously JR isn't going anywhere and everyone knew it.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 17th 2011, 4:08 pm

Maybe more people will vote for JR if they put some sort of fear in viewers that he may have been in the bottom two this week.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 17th 2011, 6:36 pm

catty wrote:
Maybe more people will vote for JR if they put some sort of fear in viewers that he may have been in the bottom two this week.

This is possible. I never thought of that!!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 18th 2011, 4:42 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blogs/Dancing-Maks-Hope-1039908.aspx

Just a few excerpts because it's long.

Quote :
We came up short, but it is what it is. Life goes on. I've been getting lots of questions about why we didn't do Jimmy Kimmel and GMA, and it's not a question for us. People are in charge of that stuff.

One thing I want to emphasize in all of this is that I don't want our fans to feel betrayed, like we're sore losers and we hung our heads down and walked away because we got eliminated. That couldn't be further from the truth. We were very cool and relaxed. We knew we did all that we could.

I'm just really, really proud of what Hope accomplished. I really liked our dances on Monday. There's nothing for us to be ashamed of. It was a long season. At the end of the day, it's one of those things that will go down in history as something. What exactly it is will be up to everyone to decide for themselves. We've gotten positive and negative responses for speaking out, but again, I just want everybody to know that we're definitely not in any way, shape or form sore losers. I tried to do the right thing and stay quiet for a change, and I was called out for smiling! I have no idea what that was about.

Hope didn't mean any malice with her comments Monday. She's a top-level competitor and was understandably frustrated. We didn't speak about it too much. We just allowed ourselves to enjoy Monday to the fullest extent to be relaxed on Tuesday and not give it too much thought. If we were to be called safe, we would've continued working hard and put together four performances.

Quote :
I think we have a great final three. I've become really close friends with Rob. I think he's peaking at the perfect time. He's a great guy, very easygoing. There's no drama. He's a cool kid. I wish him all the best. I also really, really like Ricki as a person. She and Val are even closer than she and I are. We've been to her house multiple times. I think anybody would be a fool not to root for J.R. given who he represents and how great he is. Everything about him screams Dancing winner. I'm kind of torn. This is the one of those times that I kind of don't envy, I guess, the fans that have to choose who to root for. It's a tough decision. I've been fortunate to have had that much support that I was in the semis for four seasons straight. I consider myself lucky to have such great fans. I just hope I've made them proud.

More at link.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 20th 2011, 4:04 pm

I've always thought this would be a wonderful idea...a Holiday DWTS Special. Each pro picks a celebrity that they've danced with before and they dance to a Christmas song! No scores, just a treat to see them dance again! There could also be a segment with several pros dancing a Christmas number-performed by a guest(s) musician(s).
Wouldn't that be great entertainment?? Couldn't you just see Derick and his partner dancing a waltz to O Holy Night? Okay back to cleaning and watching football!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 20th 2011, 4:07 pm

ebowers wrote:
I've always thought this would be a wonderful idea...a Holiday DWTS Special. Each pro picks a celebrity that they've danced with before and they dance to a Christmas song! No scores, just a treat to see them dance again! There could also be a segment with several pros dancing a Christmas number-performed by a guest(s) musician(s).
Wouldn't that be great entertainment?? Couldn't you just see Derick and his partner dancing a waltz to O Holy Night? Okay back to cleaning and watching football!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!!! Seems like if they'd ever thought of it, it would be a no-brainer for them to do it!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   November 20th 2011, 4:21 pm

That is a fantastic idea ebowers. You should e-mail the producers!!!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   December 6th 2011, 11:54 pm

ebowers, Maks was in a tweeting mood tonight so I asked him about your idea. I probably won't hear back, but if I do, I will let you know.

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   December 7th 2011, 6:17 am

That's a great idea ebowers.
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   December 7th 2011, 2:41 pm

Love this idea!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   December 7th 2011, 7:24 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
ebowers, Maks was in a tweeting mood tonight so I asked him about your idea. I probably won't hear back, but if I do, I will let you know.

Thanks, glued!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars - Nov 14 and 15
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: