View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 10:19 am

Are there any other Nova Scotians here (or Canadians for that matter, in case it's on your news) that have been following the story of Amber Kirwan?

Last edited by Schooner on November 9th 2011, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 10:37 am

I'm from Texas, didn't know the name, so looked it up. Sad story, such a young pretty girl to have her life cut short by some sort of monster.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 10:46 am

It's a sad story.

N.S. police identify remains as those of Amber Kirwan

HEATHBELL, N.S. The family of Amber Kirwan says their "worst fears were realized" when the body of the 19-year-old woman was found by police on the weekend on rural property not far from her home.

"Our beloved Amber will not be coming home," the family of the pretty New Glasgow, N.S., woman said in a statement to media Sunday.

"Words cannot express the sorrow and sense of loss we feel. ... Amber was an amazing daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, girlfriend and friend. We cannot imagine life without her."

Police acting on a search warrant Saturday found Kirwan's body on a rural Pictou County property about a 30-minute drive from where she was last seen almost a month ago.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20111106/nova-scotia-teen-amber-kirwan-remains-identified-111106/#ixzz1dEA3IPQA

Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 10:55 am

Yes, it is very sad. So perplexing - I am sure the police know more than they are saying. She left the bar and walked around the corner where her boyfriend was picking her up. Literally, around the corner, less than a 5 minute walk. He says she never showed up.

The place her body was found was about 30 mins from that bar.

Of course there is wild speculation. Immediately everyone starts looking at the boyfriend. If he wasn't involved, that meant someone got her in that 5 min walk from the bar. Scary thought.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 11:00 am

Exactly Schooner, if it wasn't the boyfriend, there's a murderer on the loose!!

I bet the police have a very good idea if it is the boyfriend or not.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 11:07 am

There are a couple things that make this such a startling case. First off - we don't have many murders in Nova Scotia. So a girl disappearing out of the blue like that is shocking. And then to have no trace of her for a month is alarming.

Also, the area that this happened in is a very small, rural area of Nova Scotia. The type of place where everyone knows each other and you don't lock your door. So that is just not something to expect to happen in an area like that.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16372

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 11:27 am

That is very sad Schooner. I am in Toronto but I had not heard about it, however in my house the TV is taken over by the kids and family channel so I might have just missed hearing about this case.

I hope they resolve it quickly so the community feels safe and the family can have peace.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   November 9th 2011, 8:06 pm

What a heartbreaking story! She is a beautiful young lady...so sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where else to put this...   

Back to top Go down

Not sure where else to put this...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: