Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35558
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Top Chef Texas   November 2nd 2011, 3:43 pm

Premiers Nov 2nd .. that's today.

Episode One title: Everything's Bigger in Texas

Season 9

Itís a whole new ballgame for the competing chefs on Bravoís Top Chef: Texas. For the first-time ever, season nine will boast a record 29 chefs -- almost double the amount of chefs in seasonís past -- who will see if they have what it takes to become an official cheftestant and qualify to wear the Top Chef coat. Only 16 will go on to compete across the Lone Star State -- in Austin, Dallas and San Antonio. In what will prove to be the most challenging season yet, some of the biggest names in food, music, and entertainment including Charlize Theron, Pee-wee Herman, Cat Cora, John Besh, Tim Love, Patti LaBelle will be featured this season on Top Chef: Texas. Returning to the Judges' Table is host Padma Lakshmi and head judge, chef Tom Colicchio, alongside judges Gail Simmons and new this season, famed chef and restaurateur Emeril Lagasse and critically-acclaimed chef Hugh Acheson.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9282
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 2nd 2011, 5:17 pm

thanks nancy...really excited for this. it's my favorite bravo show!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 2nd 2011, 5:19 pm

'Top Chef' Season 9: Contestants To Watch

Huffington Post Link

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 2nd 2011, 6:12 pm

Oh, thanks for the reminder! I'll have to catch the first repeat right after Revenge.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 2nd 2011, 6:41 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Oh, thanks for the reminder! I'll have to catch the first repeat right after Revenge.

Yup. me too. recording the repeat. Can't miss Revenge!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 2:55 am

I'm looking forward to Top Chef Texas. We have some wonderful food in Texas. Believe it or not we don't just eat Bar-B-Q and steak. Wink

I'm hoping to learn some new things about my state and our cuisine. We have such an interesting and unique potpourrii of cultures and crops here that they can choose from.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 9:06 am

really liked the show last night, it went sooo fast. Lots of chicago chefs.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 9:21 am

bergen wrote:

and lots of chubby female chefs... I like them. Daughter says while watching " never trust a skinny chef"
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 10:04 am

I like that they had a qualifying round for the Top 16. Any small mistake and you were out.

I think they were kinda easy though on judging the actual food. I think only one person went home based on their food and the rest went "On the Bubble" (Why not like "On the Grill") I didn't get the bubble? How is that gonna work next time since there is only 5 spots left and they have an entire group left and the "Bubble" chefs? That sucks for the last group.

ETA: The guy who compared his cooking to Richard Blaze and Michael Voltaggio better live up to expectations if he wants to make those comparisons.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 10:13 am

gatormator23 wrote:
I like that they had a qualifying round for the Top 16. Any small mistake and you were out.

I think they were kinda easy though on judging the actual food. I think only one person went home based on their food and the rest went "On the Bubble" (Why not like "On the Grill") I didn't get the bubble? How is that gonna work next time since there is only 5 spots left and they have an entire group left and the "Bubble" chefs? That sucks for the last group.

ETA: The guy who compared his cooking to Richard Blaze and Michael Voltaggio better live up to expectations if he wants to make those comparisons.

I thought the same thing about the ones left. But the way the edit, who is to know if the other group went first..lol

On the bubble.. not sure what you are asking, but here is a page explaining the meaning of On the Bubble ( if that is what you meant)

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/on-the-bubble.html
Back to top Go down
gatormator23
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 10:20 am

Yup, that explains it. I didn't know it was an actual expression. Never heard of it before. I thought they just made it up. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 3rd 2011, 10:33 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
bergen wrote:

and lots of chubby female chefs... I like them. Daughter says while watching " never trust a skinny chef"

i noticed that also...i like them...i really liked the first group women that made it..Did i also see Hugh is going to be a judge this season. LOVE HIM!!! really like the addition of emeril also.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 15076
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 8th 2011, 9:34 pm

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-9/last-chance-kitchen

Quote :
Go Inside the Secret Competition
For the first time in Top Chef history, the eliminated chefs will unpack their knives and compete for a second chance.

I guess it's like Survivor's Redemption Island. I think it is something they will only be seen on the web. Or so I read in ew.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 9th 2011, 7:44 pm

Tonight they continue the three groups... not all move on

"Edward Lee is not about to let a little cut that is gushing blood stop him from cooking."
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 9th 2011, 8:34 pm

lol! From the previews it didn't look like a little cut. Maybe all the blood made it look worse than it was.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 16th 2011, 12:54 pm

Tonight's show: A savory dish from rattlesnakes; a feast for a Quincinera party.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 16th 2011, 3:57 pm

Can't wait to see the quincenera party.

My cousin is already planning her daughters and she's only 13.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 17th 2011, 1:56 pm

i would of liked to seen keith stay. soon as i saw the frozen shrimp, i knew he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 17th 2011, 2:22 pm

bergen wrote:
i would of liked to seen keith stay. soon as i saw the frozen shrimp, i knew he was gone.

Yes, I thought the same thing. I'm wanting to like Lindsey ( the little short-haired blond) but mostly because she reminds me of my nephew's wife who is also a chef/restaurant owner. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a dud.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 17th 2011, 3:02 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
bergen wrote:

Yes, I thought the same thing. I'm wanting to like Lindsey ( the little short-haired blond) but mostly because she reminds me of my nephew's wife who is also a chef/restaurant owner. I hope she doesn't turn out to be a dud.

she is the one that trained under michelle bernstein right? i have my eye on her also.

Also reminder about the "Last Chance Kitchen" comp they have on bravotv.com. I think the winner gets a chance to get back on the show. I haven't watched yet but I guess this is their survivors redemption island lol!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 25th 2011, 10:02 pm

did anyone watch this week? another good episode, another hard elimination also...i am enjoying all the contestants this year
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 25th 2011, 11:18 pm

Great season.I hated to see Richie go.I also like all the chef's too.Well almost and being here in Chicago,love all the the chef's that represent our great city too...
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 25th 2011, 11:31 pm

Top cat wrote:
Great season.I hated to see Richie go.I also like all the chef's too.Well almost and being here in Chicago,love all the the chef's that represent our great city too...

topcat, there are so many chicago chefs this year. do you know the restaurant richie is from? is it a top restaurant in chicago?
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 25th 2011, 11:56 pm

bergen wrote:
Top cat wrote:

topcat, there are so many chicago chefs this year. do you know the restaurant richie is from? is it a top restaurant in chicago?

I have heard of it but,there are so many great rest. here in a life time I could not hit them all.I'm downtown a lot and try as many as I can. Not good for the diet though.Chicago does have great food.All the chef's from Chicago this year are all from well known places.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   November 26th 2011, 9:18 am

I forgot to watch! I need to go check for a replay.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 7th 2011, 10:14 pm

if anyone else is watching, does anyone getting the feeling like something is "off" this season? i don't know but it's like the cooks don't seem that good, like i am expecting the food is just ok...i don't know if it's the so many team based challenges, or they are gearing everything towards Texas style food.
they just dont seem to have a groove
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 8th 2011, 10:20 pm

A little. No one is really jumping out as the one to beat. And too many team challenges.

I'm not liking Heather. I wish Heather hadn't won the car last night. I didn't like how she called out Beverly either before the judges even made their decisions. Once she won, I doubt she cared who went home.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 9th 2011, 12:04 pm

catty wrote:
A little. No one is really jumping out as the one to beat. And too many team challenges.

I'm not liking Heather. I wish Heather hadn't won the car last night. I didn't like how she called out Beverly either before the judges even made their decisions. Once she won, I doubt she cared who went home.

exactly! i think thats it....i'm not liking heather also, doesn't seem like many of the chefs do either, funny i thought the the short, hair blonde, one was going to be the mean one. I know she is always with heather but i like her...

and i don't know why but every time i see Chris i think of monroe from Too Close for Comfort
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 9th 2011, 3:35 pm

lol! Is that why he looks familiar? And what's up with his ponytail? Or the location of it on his head. I'm laughing at him, but I actually like him.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 9th 2011, 4:28 pm

As a Texan I'm disappointed in this show. We have such a great mix of cultures here and such a wonderful variety of local food to choose from. I question some of the choices that are being made for the menus. I was hoping for so much more than we have seen.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 9th 2011, 4:45 pm

Shug wrote:
As a Texan I'm disappointed in this show. We have such a great mix of cultures here and such a wonderful variety of local food to choose from. I question some of the choices that are being made for the menus. I was hoping for so much more than we have seen.

They should go to New Braunfels or Fredricksburg and highlight the German influence in Texas. Maybe they will. It's early in the season.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 9th 2011, 5:18 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Shug wrote:

They should go to New Braunfels or Fredricksburg and highlight the German influence in Texas. Maybe they will. It's early in the season.

Oh, Nancy, they should! The German pastries and sausage, etc. are delicious! I can't pass a restaurant or bakery in the Hill Country around New Braunfels or Fredricksburg without stopping. My favorite bakery makes the most wonderful apple streudel.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 9th 2011, 6:09 pm

Shug wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Shug wrote:

Oh, Nancy, they should! The German pastries and sausage, etc. are delicious! I can't pass a restaurant or bakery in the Hill Country around New Braunfels or Fredricksburg without stopping. My favorite bakery makes the most wonderful apple streudel.

It's been a long time since I've been there but I have wonderful memories. My husband was stationed at Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio.
It was near the end of Vietnam. I hate to say it, but it was a blast. He had little to do because his program was filled, so he did things like be in charge of the Miss Ft. Sam beauty pageant. LOL. We took little weekend trips all the time.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 14th 2011, 10:30 pm

really bummed about the elimination tonight, i really liked the 2 that left...at this point my 2 favs are grayson and the short blonde hair girl
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 15th 2011, 4:43 pm

bergen wrote:
really bummed about the elimination tonight, i really liked the 2 that left...at this point my 2 favs are grayson and the short blonde hair girl

ITA bergen! I wanted Heather, the mean girl, to go home. She's getting on my last nerve. When she threw her partner under the bus last night I wanted to throw something at her! Didn't she realize that she would have gone home too? She's such a know-it-all meanie! ARRRG
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 15th 2011, 10:01 pm

Heather is horrible. I didn't see the point of going after Beverly because if Beverly got the boot, she would too. Not only that, she brought up what happened in the previous challenge. Crazy.

I liked Dakota and wish she had stayed.

I also like Grayson.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 15th 2011, 10:06 pm

catty wrote:
Heather is horrible. I didn't see the point of going after Beverly because if Beverly got the boot, she would too. Not only that, she brought up what happened in the previous challenge. Crazy.

I liked Dakota and wish she had stayed.

I also like Grayson.

i was surprised the judges allowed heather to go on and on about a past challenge as long as they did...for some reason i am not ready to cast heather off just yet, i do think she is a big bully to bev, and really just wanted her to drop it going into this challenge, i thought right off the bat if she can just let it go and not be on the defense then they could probably work well together or at least get through the challenge somewhere in the middle..i just want all these team challenges to end so we can see how they cook on their own, their styles and let the eliminations rest on their OWN faults...I hate that 2 went home this week
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 22nd 2011, 7:11 am

well, i don't think that was set up(at least i hope not), but boy was that a "haha" elimination...karma anyone
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Top Chef Texas   December 22nd 2011, 10:21 am

I missed it! Sad What happened?
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous