View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 1st 2011, 12:34 pm

I am sure alot of you are curious what happens when Ozzy goes to R.I.....

Spoiler:

and then...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 1st 2011, 3:36 pm

Ahhhhhh thanks Schooner. Should be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 1st 2011, 4:11 pm

boooooooooooooo

Administrator

Number of posts : 35507
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 1st 2011, 4:17 pm

Yes..catty posted the spoiler link in the Episode 6 thread.

Complete spoiler here: http://www.tvfunspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13775
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 1st 2011, 4:56 pm

Thanks schooner and catty. I can't wait for TC.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 3:30 pm

Here is a preview of the Redemption Island duel.

Ozzy does his act about being back-stabbed, but Coach and Albert say under their breath... "I don't buy it"

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2163540933/survivor-south-pacific-preview-double-agent

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 8:07 pm

That was a good one!
So funny (odd) that Brandon was acting like the protector. But not really I guess when you think about it. He wants desperately to be the good guy.

Oh, and also good job by Coach and the way he was able to lay it all out to Cochran.

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 8:23 pm

Oh I agree, I wish I wouldn't have read the spoiler, I would have been blown away. Cochran had some big ones. You can tell he was shitting himself after the vote, I bet he slept with one eye open that night.

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 8:25 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
That was a good one!

Oh, and also good job by Coach and the way he was able to lay it all out to Cochran.

Meh. Feh! It WAS a good move by Coach, but I feel like Cochran just ruined my Survivor! Wah! Poor me! Savaii had such good rock odds. Oh well. Given the news about Ethan today, it's pretty meaningless, I know.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 8:31 pm

I just watched Jeff's interactive living room and he said that next week when Cochran returns to camp, it is B R U T A L and two people go home!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9246
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 9:23 pm

coach was great 2nite...even if he was only in about 5 minutes of the show...
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 2nd 2011, 11:06 pm

John revealed his goals in the first episode of this season when he asked Probst to refer to him by his last name. He's not Mariano, he's Sugar. Bizarrely stupid moves designed only for attention and ego and reputation and his 15 minutes. I prefer my Survivor players to be playing for the win.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 5:12 am

Oowatanite wrote:
John revealed his goals in the first episode of this season when he asked Probst to refer to him by his last name. He's not Mariano, he's Sugar. Bizarrely stupid moves designed only for attention and ego and reputation and his 15 minutes. I prefer my Survivor players to be playing for the win.

agree, completely.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 5:22 am

Oowatanite wrote:

Well, he was probably never going to win anyway. What were his chances before he made the switch? At least this way he may make jury.
IMO, going with a group where his is obviously low man is not the way to go far.

ETA: Of course, I'm not on the Ozzy train. I like Ozzy, but really, isn't he the one with the inflated ego?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 5:30 am

They offer Cochran Final Four

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 5:33 am

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 9:05 am

i like cochran sometimes, i think his move was fine. I don't think one option was better then the other though so he could basically do whatever he wanted to, so he pissed off ozzy, pot seller, and blonde girl, big woop, they didn't like him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 10:39 am

No one has mentioned the biggest mystery of this episode....

How does Dawn keep her teeth so white? ( lol)
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 11:42 am

He screwed over Dawn, too- and his tribe did a lot over the weeks to keep him. What he did, imo, was hand the win to Upolo- which is fine if that was his goal. I get/got so pissed with the "God plays Survivor" with Coach ordering Albert to his knees to pray, that I am NOT rooting for Coach/Brandon- so that is part of my disgust at Cochran. He says he is a "student of the game", and he was not the target, so it perplexes me, what he did...but it's only Survivor.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 11:50 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
No one has mentioned the biggest mystery of this episode....

How does Dawn keep her teeth so white? ( lol)

Genetics. They are probably naturally white.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 11:54 am

I don't get it either. It doesn't help him in anyway. Even if he doesn't flip, the others weren't going to get him out first of the his tribe. I don't care if they offered him final 4. He knows better to believe that, and I don't think that's why he did it anyway. The other tribe is much tighter than his is. So all he did was go from bottom to bottom. Good job.

I will say, once he sold them out prior to trial by telling them Ozzy was going to give the idol to Whitney, he HAD to flip on the revote. They were going to be pissed he wasted the idol and they would have figured out it was him.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 12:47 pm

bergen wrote:
i like cochran sometimes, i think his move was fine. I don't think one option was better then the other though so he could basically do whatever he wanted to, so he pissed off ozzy, pot seller, and blonde girl, big woop, they didn't like him anyway.

It was six-to-six. Ozzy's RI plan had worked. With the two INs and the one HII, only TWO Savs were drawing rocks as opposed to FIVE Upolus. There was a 1 in 7 chance that John picks the purple rock. There was a 5 in 7 chance that an Upolu picks the purple rock, giivng the Savs the upper hand. This isn't JLew's choice at F4 in ASS - the odds were the best they could possibly be for John and the Savs.

If John stays with the Savs and an Upolu draws the purple rock, the Savs have the advantage and can begin to pagong the Upolus and John is safe for SEVERAL TCs. Then he and Dawn can flip to the surviving Upolus if they feel they are at the bottom of the pecking order at Sav. If John reaches the end, he has a shot at most of the votes to win.

But John flipped to the Upolus, even when he realized Dawn wasn't flipping. Now he has FOUR jury votes guaranteed to be against him, no matter who he faces in the F3. And the F4 deal in the clip ? Balderdash used to convince him to jump. He himself has commented on what a united tribe the Upolus have and the repeated prayer circles only confirms it to the viewer.

John is Penner from CI. He will be voted out mid-jury when the Upolus don't need him anymore and the remaining few Savs offer Coach their final votes to win if he removes John before he removes them.

And John's 'they are all mean to me, boo hoo hoo' whining is bullshit. The only one shown to be mean to him was Keith and his comments to John were kinda tame. ANd I seem to recall lots of comments from John insulting and dissing the others, especially Ozzy. John was always a target because he was weak and useless. Yet they still carried him this far in the game. And this is how he repays them.

In summary, an ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE GAME MOVE BY JOHN. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 12:50 pm

I agree that coach's tribe would target others on Ozzy's tribe before Cochran so I think Cochran's flip was a tad early.
I can see Cochran's thinking a bit though ... just like on BB, if you're the bottom of a large alliance, you might as well flip since your own alliance thinks of you as disposable.
Why the double, gender based immunity challenge? Have we ever seen that before?
Now that the tribes have merged, it would be a good time to get rid of coach and Ozzy.
(By the way, I don't like the redemption island twist that seems to have become a permanent part of the game ... I think it was introduced last year on Survivor: Redemption Island just to give Rob and Russell a chance to stay in the game in case the contestants had any brains and voted those two out as soon as they could.)
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 1:34 pm

Well, Cochran was playing for this week. He didn't want to draw rocks. He didn't want to take the chance. He as been playing week to week. He lives to fight another day.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14843
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 3rd 2011, 4:56 pm

I was okay with him switching because even though I dislike Brandon, and Coach annoyed me last week with the praying, I love Albert and Sophie. So whatever helps them further in the game, then it's fine with me.

I wonder how much producers didn't show us of the mistreatment he seemed to feel from some of his tribemates. I mean even Dawn was in tears that she didn't stick up for him earlier. If you are treated a certain way the majority of the game and then all your needed for is a number...what do people expect? I doubt he would have won anyway.

All I hope is that Sophie and Albert make it to the end Smile

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 6th 2011, 7:48 am

I finally got to watch my DVRd shows that I missed this week.
What a great episode of Survivor!
I am afraid to say this but my favorite part of the show was when Brandon spoke up and told Jim not to talk to Cochran like that...I loved when he said "this is what happens when you talk to someone like that"
Go Brandon!!!!!! bravo

I wanted to KICK Jim for calling Cochran a coward...Jim is a creep.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 6th 2011, 7:52 am

Wildebeest wrote:
I finally got to watch my DVRd shows that I missed this week.
What a great episode of Survivor!
I am afraid to say this but my favorite part of the show was when Brandon spoke up and told Jim not to talk to Cochran like that...I loved when he said "this is what happens when you talk to someone like that"
Go Brandon!!!!!! bravo

I wanted to KICK Jim for calling Cochran a coward...Jim is a creep.

I liked it too and also his unseen interview that is posted in "media". I know Brandon has problems, but it goes to show that no human is one dimensional. We have different sides. I'm also certain that with editing, they may be trying to follow the storyline set up for Brandon.
Also... he is just a kid.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 8:46 am

After the bullshit Brandon pulled with Mikayla, his comment to Jim rings hollow ........

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 9:08 am

brandon has a good heart, he means well, even with mikayla, in his mind.. imo he is just a kid that is struggling with some demons
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 9:29 am

Oowatanite wrote:
After the bullshit Brandon pulled with Mikayla, he comment to Jim rings hollow ........

I agree it was not cool what he did to Mikayla (I think he had a huge crush on her and that was making him feel guilty so he pushed to get her out) but I give him kudos for being the only one with kahoonies to speak up and tell Jim to knock it off.

I always have respect for the person that speaks up against a wrong and doesn't just stand by in silence.

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 9:41 am

I wonder how Brandon's kahoonies would react if John had voted against the Upolus.

Frankly, it was none of Brandon's business if Jim decides to call the coward a 'coward'. Personally, I would have called him a lot worse names for screwing his tribemates who carried him this far .......

Fortunately, the preview suggests that the coward gets a faceful of angry Savs. Too bad the edit next week is GUARANTEED to favour the traitor.

One thing Probst and his editors do consistently - you make a big splashy 'move', no matter if it's smart or dumb, and you get rewarded with a better edit than you deserve.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 9:55 am

Oowatanite wrote:
I wonder how Brandon's kahoonies would react if John had voted against the Upolus.

Frankly, it was none of Brandon's business if Jim decides to call the coward a 'coward'. Personally, I would have called him a lot worse names for screwing his tribemates who carried him this far .......

Fortunately, the preview suggests that the coward gets a faceful of angry Savs. Too bad the edit next week is GUARANTEED to favour the traitor.

One thing Probst and his editors do consistently - you make a big splashy 'move', no matter if it's smart or dumb, and you get rewarded with a better edit than you deserve.

I hope it does favor the "traitor" dance
I like that Cochran finally gave a little "feck you" back to the lot of them.

"You disgust me" and "Coward" are not the words to say to a player that is finally taking a stand.
You know who is the real coward?...Jim. Think about it.
Would Jim call Keith or Ozzie a coward to their face?...absolutely not.
Oh, yah right...it takes a really tough man to call a skinny, nerdy kid a coward right to their face...NOT!
Cochran is playing the game for himself and not everyone else that shows absolutely no respect for him as a player or a fellow human being.
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 10:05 am

I don't see how it was smart to trade being in a 6 person alliance to being in a 7 person alliance, which made it blatantly clear they were sticking together no matter what, but I guess we'll see how it works out for him. Cochran would have been out last week, if it hadn't been for Ozzy's plan to go to Redemption.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 10:23 am

Bronwyn wrote:
I don't see how it was smart to trade being in a 6 person alliance to being in a 7 person alliance, which made it blatantly clear they were sticking together no matter what, but I guess we'll see how it works out for him. Cochran would have been out last week, if it hadn't been for Ozzy's plan to go to Redemption.

Yes, but Cochran is low man on both tribes and he is smart and knows that.
If it was me I would rather be low man on the other tribe too...the tribe that was much kinder towards me and didn't talk down to me.
But that is just me.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 11:31 am

Oowatanite wrote:

like Ozzy?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   November 7th 2011, 11:33 am

Traitor is funny when used in the GAME of survivor. Just like in Big Brother.
You have to play for yourself, not to smooth the way for someone else to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8 - Nov 2nd   

Back to top Go down

Episode 8 - Nov 2nd
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: