There is a chicken in my backyard!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 11:17 am

WTF... I live in the city. ( suburban area)

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 11:22 am

lol!

new trend, people keeping chickens in back yard for eggs. Couple months ago read about family in Mid Town Mphs that keeps chickens.
smaller trend, people using geese instead of guard dogs, those things can be vicous.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 11:24 am

mimTN wrote:
lol!

new trend, people keeping chickens in back yard for eggs. Couple months ago read about family in Mid Town Mphs that keeps chickens.
smaller trend, people using geese instead of guard dogs, those things can be vicous.

I do think it is a neighbors..obvi.. but I wonder about letting my dog out.
It was just so hilarious to be startled by a chicken!

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 11:30 am

I would be startled too if I heard clucking in my back yard? I don't know about dog, lol, depends on how he or she feels about poultry.
food or fun or fright?
But, whatever you do, check for eggs first, you might have very fresh omelet or something. lol.

roll on floor laughi
Back to top Go down
marylou2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 11:45 am

mimTN wrote:
lol!

I live in Midtown. I haven't seen any chickens, but my neighbor had a goat for many years. I have a friend out in Cordova that has 4 chickens and has fresh eggs year round.

Nancy, it looks like you could have some fresh chicken noodle soup in your future. Shocked
Back to top Go down
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 12:05 pm

Interesting!!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 12:08 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
mimTN wrote:
lol!

I do think it is a neighbors..obvi.. but I wonder about letting my dog out.
It was just so hilarious to be startled by a chicken!

What a way to start the day Nancy! lol!

I don't know about your dog but my yellow lab would have chicken for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 1:49 pm

Our City Council actually debated the issue of keeping chickens in the city. There was a woman who had a few, and they were loose in her yard (which was fenced and she had some sort of a coop).

She lost the battle and had to get rid of them. No chickens allowed within the municipality. That goes for any other type of farm animal as well - goats, etc.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 2:30 pm

LOL! This reminds me of my brother texting me one day "2 Rhode Island Red hens in my yard" with a picture. I'm thinking that 2 hens somehow got in the yard. Then he texts me something about them being able to lay eggs. I was like WTF???? You live on Long Island and grew up in NYC. What in the hell are you doing with Chickens?
They stay in a chicken coop he built in the yard and they lay alot of eggs. My niece & nephew named them Jewel & Eggbert.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 3:06 pm

That's funny Nancy. When I was a little girl a guy down the block had cows and we lived spack dab in the city. His livestock was "grandfathered in" because originally his land was not in the city limits. It was pretty bizarre. A couple of blocks away there was a horse farm, same story. They're both gone now.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 3:20 pm

It's still there. I opened the gate hoping he would go out...and be someone else's problem. I'm sure it is a neighbors. I guess eventually we will have to knock on doors if it doesn't leave. I bet when my husband gets home he will chase it out.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 3:20 pm

Perhaps you could have chicken this evening for dinner Nancy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 3:30 pm

Nancy I'm so curious. . . how is your dog handling the chicken in the yard? Mine would be going crazy by now. lol!
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 4:12 pm

lol

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 4:19 pm

Shug wrote:
Nancy I'm so curious. . . how is your dog handling the chicken in the yard? Mine would be going crazy by now. lol!

She hasn't seen it yet. When I let her out, the chicken was under the privet hedge.

Just as I suspected, husband ran it off. LOL, when he pulled up it was sitting on the gate we use to drive in the backyard ( wrap-around driveway)
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 4:27 pm

I like the chicken!

There was a kid dressed up as a chicken last night. She was cute!

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 4:49 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 4:52 pm

LMAO Where else would you see a thread called "Theres a chicken in my yard"!?...LOL...Love ya' Nancy,

Whats for dinner?LOL

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 5:31 pm

FRANGA wrote:
LMAO Where else would you see a thread called "Theres a chicken in my yard"!?...LOL...Love ya' Nancy,

Whats for dinner?LOL

Chili

Funny thing.. I have a bunch of chickens in my kitchen.. fake ones.. it's the country French thing, you know? Supposed to be good luck.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 5:50 pm

FRANGA wrote:

Whats for dinner?LOL

roll on floor laughi

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 5:54 pm

OMG.... He's baaaaaack!

I go out in the back yard with my daughter. She jumps and goes the chicken is back.
Sure enough, he is in the back yard. The gate is closed. I opened the gate to try to get him to leave, but he ran under a bush instead.
Then he came out and flew in a tree. So now he is on a tree branch about 8 feet up.

Oh, and my husband went to get his haircut, so he will be getting a surprise!

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 5:58 pm

Awe, he loves you lol. Keep him!

One time my husband was putting the garbage out and a turkey flew over his head, he made a nose dive to the ground, came in screaming telling me there are turkeys flying LOL. I thought he had done it, lost his damn mind. So I ran out and sure enough the turkey was walking down the street. We live in a city too, not something you expect to see, had to be someone's pet.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 6:21 pm

Ok... latest. This is like some movie.

Daughter decides to knock on doors. Two doors down the lady said.. oh you live in Nancy's house, I used to be a dance teacher. I have never met this person. Fairly new to the neighborhood. So the former dance teacher knows who has the chickens.
Laura walks to the house.

She texts me and tells me the chicken is named Ducky. "we are coming over"

SO Husband pulls in and right behind is Laura and this young woman dressed like "day of the dead".. long black dress, full make-up. I imagine she is attractive in real life. lol
She raises them because she is a chef and likes fresh eggs. She was dressed up because she also reviews parties and the food for the newspaper.

LOL.... and the chicken is gone!! We got her number and will call if "Ducky" visits again
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 6:30 pm

Yay! good for Ducky and for you too. Laura is my kind of gal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 6:45 pm

Wow the whole chicken story, from start to finish, was hilarious and bizarre at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 6:45 pm

This is too cute!!...yeah that Laura found the chicken owner!!

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 6:49 pm

Lori wrote:
Wow the whole chicken story, from start to finish, was hilarious and bizarre at the same time.

I looked up my neighbor's blog and name... I actually remembered her grandparents. They lived in the house before she did.
She has now taken over the house. Anyway, she is well know and wasn't just blowing smoke. She is a real chef. LOL
She is really into cheese! A gal after my heart!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 1st 2011, 9:24 pm

lol, the saga of the chicken in Nancy's yard has been the most entertaining thing in while for me.

eating popcorn
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   November 2nd 2011, 9:49 am

My daughter has asked if we can have chickens - thank heavens the city passed that by-law. I actually do have a real good reason to say NO!

She is a vegan, but will eat eggs IF the chickens are raised like a pet, and the fortunate by-products is eggs. But if they are kept in a hatchery, or killed on farms after their laying days, she won't.

Right now, we get eggs from my brother, who lives 2 hours away. He raises chickens, but they are free-range, and treated like pets. As long as they are treated humanely and are "happy", she is ok with eating their eggs. But having to stock up when we can (if he is coming here, or we make a trip there) is inconvenient.

Your neighbour chef has the right idea I guess... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is a chicken in my backyard!!   

Back to top Go down

There is a chicken in my backyard!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: