Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 1st 2011, 9:28 pm

Sorry to hear David and Kym leave tonight...hasn't aired here yet. I give all my votes to Rob, so I can't complain.
Nancy has thousands and thousands of fans from her tv show. I think she will be in the final 3.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 7:51 am

How in the hell is Nancy still there??? Is she that popular?
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 8:11 am

Schooner wrote:

YES!! I don't like her tv show nor do I watch it, but thousands and thousands of people do...HUGE fan base!!

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 8:25 am

Gosh, I'm nervous votes for NG will get her to F3 at the expense of J.R., Ricki, or Rob! scared I think Hope will probably go next, if NG does have that voting power behind her, and maybe David's leaving this week will serve as a wakeup call of sorts for voters of the rest.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 9:05 am

BOO! I really liked David and wanted to see him continue! Nancy really should be gone.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 9:42 am

ebowers wrote:
Schooner wrote:

YES!! I don't like her tv show nor do I watch it, but thousands and thousands of people do...HUGE fan base!!

I am surprised that the type of fans she would have of her show would also be keen DWTS watchers/voters. Just seems like different ends of the spectrum as far as entertainment goes - but what the hell do I know? LOL

I have never watched her show, and I find her annoying on DWTS. Not to mention she can't dance.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 10:21 am

I'm gonna go there....

And while NG looks decent for a 50+ year old woman, someone should have told her she needed a longer length on her dress for this last dance to help cover her thick thighs.

bad girl
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 11:50 am

I know a lot of you don't like Nancy Grace. What you may not know is Nancy is donating all of the money she makes to The Center for Missing and Exploited Children. In my research I have found out that they make $150,000 for six weeks of rehearsal and the first 2 weeks of the show. After that they get $10,000 more for the third week, $20,000 more for the 4th week etc. The article I read had an unnamed celebrity saying it wasn't enough for the commiment they make. 6 am calls, 12 hour days, they pay for their own health care and massages,time away from home. I think to do all this and give the money away is deserving of my votes. So if your favorite is gone toss Nancy a couple of your votes.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 12:00 pm

But, based on that logic, anyone who doesn't need the money and would donate their wages should win? I think it's great that Nancy is doing that (and if she couldn't afford to, she wouldn't) but I wouldn't vote for her based on that.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35461
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 12:07 pm

funnyhaha wrote:
I know a lot of you don't like Nancy Grace. What you may not know is Nancy is donating all of the money she makes to The Center for Missing and Exploited Children. In my research I have found out that they make $150,000 for six weeks of rehearsal and the first 2 weeks of the show. After that they get $10,000 more for the third week, $20,000 more for the 4th week etc. The article I read had an unnamed celebrity saying it wasn't enough for the commiment they make. 6 am calls, 12 hour days, they pay for their own health care and massages,time away from home. I think to do all this and give the money away is deserving of my votes. So if your favorite is gone toss Nancy a couple of your votes.

I wouldn't vote for someone based on how charitable they are, if their face was burned in Iraq, or how much weight they lost.
I would vote on who is the best dancer and/or who made the most progress in their dancing.

ETA: I don't like or dislike her. I never watch her show. Not interested. But her dancing is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9210
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 12:16 pm

if my fav is gone then I will give nancy a couple voted for her charity...to be honest my final 2 would of been david and rob...oh well...

is nancy's show controversial??? isn't she a lawyer that gives her opinion on cases???
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 12:26 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I wouldn't vote for someone based on how charitable they are, if their face was burned in Iraq, or how much weight they lost.
I would vote on who is the best dancer and/or who made the most progress in their dancing.

but what about just so Nancy could vote for Nancy?

laugh so hard I crie
I know, I know. I am being a smartass. I am in silly mood and everything is striking me as funny. It will pass.
I like people to win based on things you said too.
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 12:27 pm

bergen wrote:
if my fav is gone then I will give nancy a couple voted for her charity...to be honest my final 2 would of been david and rob...oh well...

is nancy's show controversial??? isn't she a lawyer that gives her opinion on cases???

She is VERY opinionated . My final 2 are jr and david but that's not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 1:16 pm

funnyhaha wrote:
bergen wrote:

She is VERY opinionated . My final 2 are jr and david but that's not gonna happen.

I'm not a huge fan of Nancy's but I do appreciate her for being devoted to finding missing children and helping victims of crime. When other networks stop covering missing children, she keeps them in the news. She's been instrumental in helping many parents of missing children. Nancy is a crime victim herself and feels very strongly about helping other victims, especially children. Her fiancee was murdered and she fought for justice for him.

Yes, she's extremely opinionated and often rude to guests on her show who don't represent the best interests of victims.

ITA she needs to wear longer skirts. Her legs are too short for the skirts she's worn on the show. They're not flattering at all. lol!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 1:51 pm

Shug wrote:
funnyhaha wrote:
bergen wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Nancy's but I do appreciate her for being devoted to finding missing children and helping victims of crime. When other networks stop covering missing children, she keeps them in the news. She's been instrumental in helping many parents of missing children. Nancy is a crime victim herself and feels very strongly about helping other victims, especially children. Her fiancee was murdered and she fought for justice for him.

Yes, she's extremely opinionated and often rude to guests on her show who don't represent the best interests of victims.

ITA she needs to wear longer skirts. Her legs are too short for the skirts she's worn on the show. They're not flattering at all. lol!
I would want someone to tell me if I were her and dancing in front of millions! It IS very generous of her to go through all of this and donate the money, but since it's a dancing show, and she's made it this far, I'm ready for her to go now.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 2:54 pm

I don't believe Nancy picks her costume. I think they have a wardrobe person who does that.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Nancy makes F3. I think she has a lot of fans.

I like her show. I don't always agree with her viewpoints but I find her to be very entertaining and I do love her passion.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 3:15 pm

funnyhaha wrote:

Ricki's donating all of hers as well- to a children's charity started by her former Nanny.

I can appreciate a lot of what Nancy does, but imo she's jumped the shark on her show. What used to be enjoyable and informative to me is often unbearable- and sometimes unfair(I think I said here that I had personal reasons for hating her hit-and-run lies about the Duke lacrosse trial; and never any apology- but that's neither here nor there.) I think she can be very effective and victims need much more of a voice, but I am often bothered by her tactics and distortions. I think she needs to be 100% honest and she needs to sometimes let the stories be told. Advocating for crime victims is too important to be guided by anyone's ego. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, and I'll get off my soapbox. It is very good of NG to donate all of her prize $$$- she gets nothing but kudos for that. Also, she seems genuinely loved by cast members I didn't expect...ie. Chaz Bono, which just reinforces to me more that NG can have that passion without becoming a characterture. I know Nancy has a huge fan base that calls her show religiously, so she may have a fan base that can't be beat.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 3:51 pm

ranjake wrote:
funnyhaha wrote:

Ricki's donating all of hers as well- to a children's charity started by her former Nanny.

I can appreciate a lot of what Nancy does, but imo she's jumped the shark on her show. What used to be enjoyable and informative to me is often unbearable- and sometimes unfair(I think I said here that I had personal reasons for hating her hit-and-run lies about the Duke lacrosse trial; and never any apology- but that's neither here nor there.) I think she can be very effective and victims need much more of a voice, but I am often bothered by her tactics and distortions. I think she needs to be 100% honest and she needs to sometimes let the stories be told. Advocating for crime victims is too important to be guided by anyone's ego. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, and I'll get off my soapbox. It is very good of NG to donate all of her prize $$$- she gets nothing but kudos for that. Also, she seems genuinely loved by cast members I didn't expect...ie. Chaz Bono, which just reinforces to me more that NG can have that passion without becoming a characterture. I know Nancy has a huge fan base that calls her show religiously, so she may have a fan base that can't be beat.

good posting ITA ranjake. The most annoying thing she does imo is to cut guests off if she doesn't agree with them or they're not saying what she wants them to say. She wasn't like that when she first started.

I also used to watch her faithfully but had to stop because I get so frustrated at times. Yet, I do still watch when there's a missing child case in the news.

IMO whoever wins DWTS should be the best dancer, not the one who can get the most fans to call in. I hope either JR or Ricki win because they're the best dancers imo.

I also agree with Nancy when she said it shouldn't be about their personal stories or what they'll do with the money etc. (Like the winner of BB shouldn't be the one who "needs" the money the most.") The point is to choose the best dancer. Period.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 8:28 pm

Shug, given what you've been through, I'm amazed and impressed you can be so objective. What a tribute to your daughter you are. <3
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17295
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 2nd 2011, 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   November 3rd 2011, 2:35 am

ranjake wrote:
Shug, given what you've been through, I'm amazed and impressed you can be so objective. What a tribute to your daughter you are. <3

Thank You ranjake. You're too kind. <3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1   

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Oct 31 - Nov 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: