AuthorMessage
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 24th 2011, 11:07 pm

Lori wrote:
What was CarrieAnn referring to at the end there with Nancy. Her "special move" - was she talking about her lift or did she have another nip slip??

Nancy did a cartwheel toward the end of the dance. I think the judges should apologize to Chaz and Hope. Bruno was way out of line to call Chaz a penguin and Len did not have to be so rude as to tell Hope that was her worst dance. Carrie Ann said to Maks that he was being disrespectful...well, how about the judges and their stupid comments!
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14853
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 24th 2011, 11:11 pm

I saw Kalia in the audience. Cool!

I liked Ricki and David so far.

ETA: I LOVE JR!

Administrator

Number of posts : 35512
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 5:38 am

Yup, that was Kalia. I went back and checked her tweets from last night.

I understand about the David love. He has a charm about him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 5:55 am

The comment Maks made that set Carrie Ann off lol!

"After arguing with Goodman, who scolded the dance pro, telling him, "I've been in this business for 50 years," Chmerkovskiy sharply retorted: "Then maybe it's time to go!"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20539725,00.html

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 6:16 am

People Magazine is wrong though, Maks didn't get pissed initially about their scores, it was because of the comments that Hope received, then he got pissed again after their scores. Carrie Ann can F off anyway...she's always a bitch to Maks and Tony as well quite frankly. I believe Derek has gotten into it with the judges as well, not as bad as Maks.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 7:46 am

I wish I had seen Maks talk to the judges last night! I was watching Hart of Dixie and missed it. I can understand why he gets frustrated sometimes.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 7:54 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
I wish I had seen Maks talk to the judges last night! I was watching Hart of Dixie and missed it. I can understand why he gets frustrated sometimes.

They played it on the CNN newscast this morning. If you are around a tv, you might catch it there.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 10:24 am

So much to comment on....

MAKS - I don't blame him one bit. He said to Brooke that it's all about fairness and consistency. I totally agree with him. They praise poor dancers like Chaz for "such great effort" and then put down Hope because it wasn't technically good. Well, Chaz wasn't technically good either, but he gets "aww, so brave, such great effort". I am sure Hope is putting in just as much "effort" as the terrible dancers. That is why Maks gets pissed.

I didn't think the choreography was bad. It was in keeping with the music and the musical they were portraying. I hate that they don't necessarily match the music to the style of dance - then they expect the pros to work magic. It's just terribly inconsistent and unfair.

And, as far as the judges go - I am sure that Maks has more experience and expertise than they do, so I don't blame him for getting pissed at these so-called experts.

Chaz - he just isn't that good. He should have been gone before Chynna for sure, and I think there is somewhat of a sympathy vote for him, I am sorry to say.

JR - he is fantastic. I think he deserves to win this year. I just wish he wasn't with Karina...but I can't fault him for that Smile

I did see Kalia - I noticed her right away when they were interviewing that guy. I wasn't aware she was going to be there, so I was somewhat surprised to see her.

I also really like David too. The guy is a total goofball, but there is also something endearing about him.

Nancy did so much better last night, but I still don't really like her. I am ready for Nancy or Chaz to go.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 10:34 am

Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 10:40 am

I totally side with Maks. The judges are so damn mean. Len need not have said it was her worst dance. He should have just critiqued the dance and left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 11:58 am

Chaz got the penguin remark too, so he wasn't totally praised.

Last edited by NancyB (admin) on October 25th 2011, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 12:24 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

True, but I find in general they seem to be "kind" to the bad dancers, overall. They know they aren't that good, so they try to focus on their "effort" or "heart" or how brave they are, etc.

I don't know what the judges are seeing sometimes, maybe you have to experience it live. But Carrie oftens gets chills or goosebumps and I am going "HUH??" Maybe it's just me, but Rob has never exuded any kind of machismo or whatever to make me go "wow".

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 1:30 pm

Schooner wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

True, but I find in general they seem to be "kind" to the bad dancers, overall. They know they aren't that good, so they try to focus on their "effort" or "heart" or how brave they are, etc.

I don't know what the judges are seeing sometimes, maybe you have to experience it live. But Carrie oftens gets chills or goosebumps and I am going "HUH??" Maybe it's just me, but Rob has never exuded any kind of machismo or whatever to make me go "wow".

Well, as I have learned over the course of my career, dance and appreciation for it is subjective. That's for sure!
Back to top Go down
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 1:54 pm

I read that Lacey was so pissed about Bruno's comments to Chaz that she was in tears backstage... Not because they were too harsh about his dancing but because they continue to focus on his appearance and personality instead of just giving constructive criticism. So far Bruno has called Chaz an Ewok, a teletubby, and now a penguin. It's almost like they feel too guilty to be very harsh about his dancing, which they should be, so they (or at least Bruno) have to find something else to pick at. There is no place for those kind of comments... stick to the DANCING. I wish Chaz would just get kicked off, not only because he's clearly the worst dancer there, but also so he can stop taking so many hits to his ego. He looks so sad every time the judges comment.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 9:02 pm

Chaz is out on tonights show. I don't think it will be long and Hope will be gone as well...she's not the best dancer but she is right she has never done this kind of thing before, she needs to let go and I think she'll do awesome.

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 9:14 pm

I feel so sad for Chaz. That criticism from Bruno is just so uncalled for and it was hard to watch it all again. I hope from all the backlash, the powers that be tell him to knock it off with his personal insults and stick to critiquing their dance.

I loved Chaz's words at the end, very inspirational and I hope he reached his goal with this platform and was able to touch those going through their own personal turmoil.

and........cher's last words

cher Cher
I Have Got 2Hold my TEMPER ! MY Tears R OK ! Congratulations Chaz I'm SO PROUD OF U ! This was YOUR Quest...& u Followed your Star
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 9:29 pm

So sad for Chaz.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 25th 2011, 11:07 pm

Chaz was a great sport and I too loved his message at the end. I thought Bruno's comments last night were very uncalled for and he should apologize to Chaz.
I think I may have misjudged Nancy in the past...she seemed to really reach out to Chaz tonight.
Chaz was right when he said they would never make fun of an overweight woman like they have him this season.

Team Cheryl and Rob!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 2:08 pm

I guess I'll put this in this thread.

I unfollowed and removed from our twitter feed Earl Cole a past Survivor winner.

This really shows such ignorance.

earlcole Earl Cole
"If ur an overweight woman on #DWTS, they luv u. as an overweight man, they call me a penguin." No Chaz, ur still sort of a female penguin.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 2:12 pm

Wow... update: he deleted the above tweet.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 2:25 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

Well the ignorant fool has some sort of small sense!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 2:48 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

Well the ignorant fool has some sort of small sense!

I don't give him any credit. I bet someone told him he had better delete that comment.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 3:42 pm

No love lost between Derek and Maks? Or am I making more of it than it is? I agree with him about Derek because I have said the same in the past lol.

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 3:55 pm

Oh I am sure all the male dancers on the show realize that Derek gets all the "ringers". It's got to be a sore point with them. We've all been saying that for years. There's definitely no love lost between Derek and Maks.

Maks is a bit rough around the edges but he does make good points. The judges have been pretty horrible this season with their petty remarks.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 5:27 pm

Maks has more Twitter followers than Derek. demon banana (Shallow, I know - ask me if I care... Razz )

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 5:37 pm

I love Maks but if he is/was wrong I would say he is wrong.
I don't think he is wrong.
He has the right to his opinion just like the judges do.
I cringe at some of the things the judges (Bruno and Len) say to the celebrities Embarassed

Hope's dance wasn't the best but it sure wasn't as bad as the judges made it out to be.
IMO I also don't think the scores would have been as low if Maks stood there and said nothing at all.

It is funny though because Maks said what most of us think every week!!

I think there is going to be a lot of tension on the show next week pale
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 5:56 pm

I can't wait for next week because of the tension! lol! I'm bad. Maybe Hope will dance the best dance ever. Unlikely, but something to hope for.

I don't follow Maks on twitter, but I'll follow him now.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 6:06 pm

I think Maks has done a fabulous job with the partners he has been given.
He is so right about Derek.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 6:18 pm

catty wrote:
I can't wait for next week because of the tension! lol! I'm bad. Maybe Hope will dance the best dance ever. Unlikely, but something to hope for.

I don't follow Maks on twitter, but I'll follow him now.

I just followed him. demon banana

Wilde - the judges give their scores before they make their critiques on the dance...you can see Carrie Ann giving someone behind her a slip of paper right after the dance is completed. It didn't matter what Maks said or didn't say; the scores would have been exactly the same as they are turned in prior to any remarks made by the judges/dancers.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 8:26 pm

Chaz & Lacey (starts out with a few seconds of Maks' comments)

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 26th 2011, 8:41 pm

LOL @ Lacey trying to be neutral.
Back to top Go down
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 27th 2011, 1:05 pm

I love that Maks called out Derek on all his ringer partners. It's so blatant and ridiculous. There has never been bad blood between Maks and Derek before. They were actually really good friends. I think Maks was pissed that Derek didn't defend his comments and actually seemed to side with the judges. Apparently Maks unfollowed Derek on twitter after this week's show. Lol. There are team dances coming up this next week... how awesome would it be if Maks and Derek had to be on the same team? DRAMA!!!

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 27th 2011, 2:04 pm

jengalives wrote:
I love that Maks called out Derek on all his ringer partners. It's so blatant and ridiculous. There has never been bad blood between Maks and Derek before. They were actually really good friends. I think Maks was pissed that Derek didn't defend his comments and actually seemed to side with the judges. Apparently Maks unfollowed Derek on twitter after this week's show. Lol. There are team dances coming up this next week... how awesome would it be if Maks and Derek had to be on the same team? DRAMA!!!

From what I've read they are on the same team. But Karina is on the other team, so no matter which team Maks was on, it is probably going to be a little uncomfortable for him. And Maks hasn't said anything about Derek's good luck in partners, that hundreds of people haven't said. He just had the guts to say it on national tv. And I like Derek, but I like Maks more.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 31st 2011, 4:03 am

Bronwyn wrote:
jengalives wrote:

From what I've read they are on the same team. But Karina is on the other team, so no matter which team Maks was on, it is probably going to be a little uncomfortable for him. And Maks hasn't said anything about Derek's good luck in partners, that hundreds of people haven't said. He just had the guts to say it on national tv. And I like Derek, but I like Maks more.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   October 31st 2011, 12:20 pm

jengalives wrote:

I've always thought Derek was the "favored" one when it comes to partners, which seems terribly unfair.

It seems that Big Brother isn't the only show that is manipulated by production. *surprise* *surprise* Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25   

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Oct. 24 and 25
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: