AuthorMessage
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 4:03 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Well, season 20 of TAR premieres on Feb.19th so I imagine the cast will have been released by Feb. 13th, the date of Rachel and Brendon's live interview?

I'm hoping she lets something slip in the interview. Sometimes you can see it in her facial expressions much more than in anything she says lol.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 8:59 pm

Personally I would love to see Rachel interviewed without Brendon. He's been with her for everything since she won Big Brother, as if he was the winner too, which really aggravates me.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I just don't care for Brendon. I do like Rachel and would love to see her have the opportunity to shine without him taking over the conversation and telling her what to say and do.

Also, when he's there it's always about what he did as if he was the one who won the game for her, which he did not do. Actually, imo Rachel won in spite of Brendon and had to overcome him and his way of playing the game. She's a far better player than he is.

Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 9:31 pm

Agreed Shug, I will never like Brendon, I don't hate him, but I will never be a Brenchel fan. I wish Rachel good luck with him, it's her life.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 9:46 pm

I dunno, Shug. The last time I saw Rachel and Brendon interviewed together, the interviewer focused on Rachel, and Brendon sat silent until he was asked something. He didn't interrupt at all. Also, Rachel's last interview, which was around 20 minutes long, was her by herself, and that was just before she disappeared for a month.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 9:49 pm

Odin wrote:
I dunno, Shug. The last time I saw Rachel and Brendon interviewed together, the interviewer focused on Rachel, and Brendon sat silent until he was asked something. He didn't interrupt at all. Also, Rachel's last interview, which was around 20 minutes long, was her by herself, and that was just before she disappeared for a month.

That's probably still to much brendon
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 9:56 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
Odin wrote:

That's probably still to much brendon

lol! scott!

Odin, I'm happy to hear that he sat quietly and let her speak. I'm also surprised. I'm very, very happy that she was interviewed alone. I must have missed those two interviews. I wonder if her having money has caused him to back off a little in trying to control her.

Speaking of Rachel's money...has anyone heard how she has spent it? We heard all about Jordan's money and what she did but I don't recall reading anything about Rachel. I sincerely hope she's hanging on to some of it for her future. She did want to continue her education at one point in time.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 10:13 pm

Shug wrote:
Personally I would love to see Rachel interviewed without Brendon. He's been with her for everything since she won Big Brother, as if he was the winner too, which really aggravates me.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I just don't care for Brendon. I do like Rachel and would love to see her have the opportunity to shine without him taking over the conversation and telling her what to say and do.

Also, when he's there it's always about what he did as if he was the one who won the game for her, which he did not do. Actually, imo Rachel won in spite of Brendon and had to overcome him and his way of playing the game. She's a far better player than he is.

Let's not get carried away here ...........

Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 10:29 pm

lol @ Scott and Oow.

Rachel is the better player of Brenchel, imo. I thought that in BB12 as well... when she was away from Brendon and not putting on her Vegas show. Brendon was just a stronger veto player. We saw his decisions when he was away from Rachel. His noms were weird, and he was carrying out vendettas. I think that's one of the few things he improved upon in BB13, but it's not like that was easy to mess up considering the format of the show when he was there bossing Rachel around when she had power.

Shug, the only thing Rachel has said about her money is that she went bowling with her parents and put the bulk of it up (she also got a new apartment). She has talked about going back to school once she's considered a resident by the school's standard, and I read somewhere around here that she was working on a science show. It's surprising how much better they got at keeping things under wraps.

BB13... the cast that knows how to keep things quiet... except for minor blips (See: Keith).
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 12th 2012, 11:57 pm

Shug, I posted some videos of Rachel doing a solo interview a few pages back. The last time she and Brendon did an interview with Superpass, I didn't see him taking over the interview. Others may have had a different impression. I won't have a problem if Brendon talks more in this IF they are talking about TAR. I mean he is her partner on the show and they shared the experience together. I would expect to hear him talk more than last time.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 13th 2012, 11:18 am

Oowatanite wrote:
Shug wrote:

Let's not get carried away here ...........

roll on floor laughi

Love you Oowatanite! Kiss of Love

I don't think he's a very good BB player at all. He's so self-centered that he's not good at reading people and situations. He's a typical smart guy with very little common sense or people sense imo. Rachel was better at reading people and situations. She played the game far better alone than with his misguided advice. He played too emotionally imo and I'll never like him because of the way he treated Rachel when they were alone, bullying and brow beating her etc.

Catty, I missed the interviews in which he was quiet. ITA that he should discuss TAR. I'm just tired of him taking credit for Rachel's win on BB. I really don't think she could have won BB if he had stayed in the game. I'm looking forward to hearing what both of them have to say about TAR and I'm also hoping they made the final 3 or better yet, won it!
Back to top Go down
Jax

Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 14th 2012, 9:14 pm

Ugh as much as it pain me to say it, Brendan was very much a contributing factor to Rachel winning BB13. If Brendan was not the house, the HG would have looked at Rachel similar to how Dani and Janelle was seen, as a huge competitive threat. Jeff and Jordan would never have taken so much care of Rachel had it not been for the relationship Brendan made with Jeff early on in the 1st 3 weeks. They could not stand Rachel including Jordan. Rachel was not as big of a target because she was a basket case when Brendan left and not seen as such a threat, thanks to her co-dependent relationship with Brendan. I am in no way a Brendan fan, but we cannot take away the Brendan factor from her win.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 2:17 am

Jax is right. Brendon did contribute to Rach's win, but ultimately, it was her own actions that helped her pull ahead and take the goal. Again, when she's not absorbed with Brendon, she was able to play better and make superior decisions. Brendon presents a complex equation, I think. He and Rachel, on paper and in comps, make a perfect team as has been shown over the course of two years, but their social abilities while together become 3 times worse. They both have very competitive drives and talk themselves into very one-sided perceptions. Ironically, Brendon perhaps is the better social player, but that's mostly because he presents himself in a way that's more socially acceptable as opposed to Rachel who many may feel is always "on" and unaware of how much effort she requires to accept when it's a long term exposure. That's why I think the eventual "real" team-up between Rach and Jordan was beneficial to her, growth wise.

All that said, I still wish we got to see a Dani/Rachel team up because they were looked at as competition hounds, and they probably would have ended up being their own dynamic duo. Unfortunately, both women have awkward social games, and I think their union wouldn't have lasted very long before they turned on each other. They're both pretty stubborn, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 3:17 pm

Jax wrote:
Ugh as much as it pain me to say it, Brendan was very much a contributing factor to Rachel winning BB13. If Brendan was not the house, the HG would have looked at Rachel similar to how Dani and Janelle was seen, as a huge competitive threat. Jeff and Jordan would never have taken so much care of Rachel had it not been for the relationship Brendan made with Jeff early on in the 1st 3 weeks. They could not stand Rachel including Jordan. Rachel was not as big of a target because she was a basket case when Brendan left and not seen as such a threat, thanks to her co-dependent relationship with Brendan. I am in no way a Brendan fan, but we cannot take away the Brendan factor from her win.

Jax, I'll have to agree with you about the bonding between Jeff and Brendon helping Rachel. That's a very good point.

Odin wrote:
Jax is right. Brendon did contribute to Rach's win, but ultimately, it was her own actions that helped her pull ahead and take the goal. Again, when she's not absorbed with Brendon, she was able to play better and make superior decisions. Brendon presents a complex equation, I think. He and Rachel, on paper and in comps, make a perfect team as has been shown over the course of two years, but their social abilities while together become 3 times worse. They both have very competitive drives and talk themselves into very one-sided perceptions. Ironically, Brendon perhaps is the better social player, but that's mostly because he presents himself in a way that's more socially acceptable as opposed to Rachel who many may feel is always "on" and unaware of how much effort she requires to accept when it's a long term exposure. That's why I think the eventual "real" team-up between Rach and Jordan was beneficial to her, growth.

Odin, that's an excellent analysis of their relationship in the game. A good example of this is when Rachel wanted to work with Dom and Danielle and Brendon talked her out of it.

Your last statement is spot on. The teaming of Jordan with Rachel won the game for Rachel. Jordan was able to reason with her and guide her to make the right decisions. Jordan has good "people sense" and taught Rachel so much imo.

good posting tens for both Jax and Odin. Excellent insight into the complex relationships on BB13. I'll have to concede that Brendon's being in the game did influence Rachel in some good ways and other ways not so good. He definitely read people better at times than she did. I still give most of the credit for the win to Rachel, with Jordan's support, friendship and help.
Back to top Go down
thelameone

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 4:15 pm

Lets be honest with ourselves, Rachel ultimately won big brother because Big Brother decided to cast mixture of super fans, weak minded noobies, and three competitive noobies that left early because of the limitations of the duo twist. Cassie never got a fighting chance, Kieth did not stand a chance with that duo competition since porsha was throwing it as well and Dom was in a competition that happened to be the same one played by both couples in their respective season. (obviously one would perform better the second time around)

In addition, Jeff and Jordan were picked for every single veto of the season, thus not allowing any of the noobies a fighting chance to either use the veto on a person of their choosing or just to keep themselves from being backdoored.

America's vote brought back Brendon which only proved that two Hoh's were needed to evict the same person again not giving the noobies a fighting chance because even if the noobies got power, it wouldnt have mattered because a Veteran was going to come back, thus making their HoH null and Void if they would have got power.

Lets keep going...
Rachel had her own personal Veto walking around the house which came back back to protect her for a second time. a luxury the noobies did not have.

I can almost guarantee if lawon was not evicted, Rachel would have obviously came back because Brendon would have helped her win the competition so there was no way she was going home the week Kalia was in power and i can almost guarantee production would have gave Rachel a special power for winning the competition against Brendon because Pandora's Box illustrated how much production wanted the veterans to be furthered.

Pandora's box was another "twist" and the most shady of all i believe really brought down the credibility of the game.

Pandora's box was never announced on Thursday like they do for every single Pandora's box of past seasons. This one just happens to show up when Rachel and Jordan needed it most in their time of need, rendering porshas Hoh null and void give the veterans power to evict. Shelly did not stand a chance with the hanging competition with the metal rod on her back.....a competition that happened to be the first Hoh Competition of the season and the one Rachel won cuz she can wrap her legs tight around Brendon.

For the first time ever in the history of Bigbrother endurance was part of a veto competition eliminating any mental skill or strategy

Give me a break...unless Rachel can win in a season that's not as shady as this one I'll give her props but we all know she was spoon fed the win and had nothing to do with her social game. Her social game was horrible and did not just merely play into her win.

Conclusion- Rachel teaming with Jordan did not get her the win on the basis that jordan supported or helped Rachel...Rachel won because production wanted to further the veterans.

Last edited by thelameone on January 15th 2012, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thelameone

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 4:17 pm

srry for my grammar and spelling lol i was typing pretty fast and didnt care for punctuation.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 4:25 pm

Good posting. BB is totally produced now. Long gone are the days when the chips just fell where they may. It will never go back to that. Sucks.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 4:36 pm

I can't accept the "pandora's box was never mentioned" excuse because it just drives home to me how much people forgot about season 12, its FOUR pandora boxes, and how only ONE of those was announced before it happened... and those happened in spates, one after another.

Also, don't you think that had Rachel not eventually tamed herself and actually made a genuine connection with Jeff/Jordan that they would have still voted for her? I mean, there's a chance, but I very much doubt that had their weeks 1-3 relationship remained intact that Jordan would have fought for Rachel to stay in the game and then willingly have gone to jury to fight for her a bit more. Rachel's social game with Jordan and Shelly was beneficial and actually contributed to her win.

Now, if you want Rachel to come back a THIRD time to play BB... then wow, lol. I don't even wish that and I alternate between liking and tolerating the girl. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 4:43 pm

thelameone, welcome to AABB! You made some excellent points. We all know and understand the role that production played in BB13 and I don't think any of us like it. That was the way it happened and we're discussing how the cards were played in spite of production.

Our discussion was about the relationship between Brendon and Rachel and how she played the game with or without him and his influence on her game. Their relationship had a huge impact on how the game was played. Some feel he had a great influence on her winning the game and others don't.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 4:46 pm

Odin wrote:
I can't accept the "pandora's box was never mentioned" excuse because it just drives home to me how much people forgot about season 12, its FOUR pandora boxes, and how only ONE of those was announced before it happened... and those happened in spates, one after another.

Also, don't you think that had Rachel not eventually tamed herself and actually made a genuine connection with Jeff/Jordan that they would have still voted for her? I mean, there's a chance, but I very much doubt that had their weeks 1-3 relationship remained intact that Jordan would have fought for Rachel to stay in the game and then willingly have gone to jury to fight for her a bit more. Rachel's social game with Jordan and Shelly was beneficial and actually contributed to her win.

Now, if you want Rachel to come back a THIRD time to play BB... then wow, lol. I don't even wish that and I alternate between liking and tolerating the girl. Very Happy

Oh, dear Lord, NO!!! whoa unbelievable

Other than that last sentence, great post Odin! Wink good posting

Back to top Go down
thelameone

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 5:03 pm

Shug wrote:
thelameone, welcome to AABB! You made some excellent points. We all know and understand the role that production played in BB13 and I don't think any of us like it. That was the way it happened and we're discussing how the cards were played in spite of production.

Our discussion was about the relationship between Brendon and Rachel and how she played the game with or without him and his influence on her game. Their relationship had a huge impact on how the game was played. Some feel he had a great influence on her winning the game and others don't.

Thanks for the welcome Thank You

I provided concepts of Brendon's overall influence in Rachels game but the conversation from what i read, kind of branched out a little towards her own social game in general as being a major factor for her winning of big brother and that's the reason for my post lol.

I myself also wanted to broaden the discussion and hear peoples take on the season as a whole

Thanks again for the welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 5:36 pm

thelameone wrote:
Lets be honest with ourselves, Rachel ultimately won big brother because Big Brother decided to cast mixture of super fans, weak minded noobies, and three competitive noobies that left early because of the limitations of the duo twist. Cassie never got a fighting chance, Kieth did not stand a chance with that duo competition since porsha was throwing it as well and Dom was in a competition that happened to be the same one played by both couples in their respective season. (obviously one would perform better the second time around)

In addition, Jeff and Jordan were picked for every single veto of the season, thus not allowing any of the noobies a fighting chance to either use the veto on a person of their choosing or just to keep themselves from being backdoored.

America's vote brought back Brendon which only proved that two Hoh's were needed to evict the same person again not giving the noobies a fighting chance because even if the noobies got power, it wouldnt have mattered because a Veteran was going to come back, thus making their HoH null and Void if they would have got power.

Lets keep going...
Rachel had her own personal Veto walking around the house which came back back to protect her for a second time. a luxury the noobies did not have.

I can almost guarantee if lawon was not evicted, Rachel would have obviously came back because Brendon would have helped her win the competition so there was no way she was going home the week Kalia was in power and i can almost guarantee production would have gave Rachel a special power for winning the competition against Brendon because Pandora's Box illustrated how much production wanted the veterans to be furthered.

Pandora's box was another "twist" and the most shady of all i believe really brought down the credibility of the game.

Pandora's box was never announced on Thursday like they do for every single Pandora's box of past seasons. This one just happens to show up when Rachel and Jordan needed it most in their time of need, rendering porshas Hoh null and void give the veterans power to evict. Shelly did not stand a chance with the hanging competition with the metal rod on her back.....a competition that happened to be the first Hoh Competition of the season and the one Rachel won cuz she can wrap her legs tight around Brendon.

For the first time ever in the history of Bigbrother endurance was part of a veto competition eliminating any mental skill or strategy

Give me a break...unless Rachel can win in a season that's not as shady as this one I'll give her props but we all know she was spoon fed the win and had nothing to do with her social game. Her social game was horrible and did not just merely play into her win.

Conclusion- Rachel teaming with Jordan did not get her the win on the basis that jordan supported or helped Rachel...Rachel won because production wanted to further the veterans.

Since I'm too lazy to detail all things that i thought was wrong with this season, i'll just STAMP! your post since it pretty much sums up how i feel bb 13 was all about
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 5:36 pm

Even I, as a Rachel fan, would not want her back for a 3rd time. I feel the same about Jeff, Jordan, Dani, Brendon, Dick, Janie...all the rest on BB7. Twice is enough for me.

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 15th 2012, 7:38 pm

Well I could watch Janelle every BB season! lol!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   January 16th 2012, 11:43 am

catty wrote:
Even I, as a Rachel fan, would not want her back for a 3rd time. I feel the same about Jeff, Jordan, Dani, Brendon, Dick, Janie...all the rest on BB7. Twice is enough for me.

ITA catty! I'm hoping we get all new hg's this season. I've had enough of the repeats too. I don't care if they come back to host a competition but that's it! We need some new blood on BB 14.
Back to top Go down
sunflower100
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   February 22nd 2012, 5:41 am

ebowers wrote:
The most shocking BB13 moment for me was Shelly turning on J/J...I thought for sure she was playing the game for them to win because it didn't sound like she needed the $$ too badly and she seemed absolutely star struck over them. And then the fallout from her decision to turn on them was shocking to me as well...death threats and all.

While a J/J fan, I never thought that Shelly should play for them. But I do want to make a couple of points. Nobody else (except for Adam) even wanted Shelly in the final 3. Not that she should have wanted to be a third wheel but you can't want if you don't even have a chance to be in the final 2. J/J weren't anywhere near as good in the comps as Kalia/Daniele, or even Rachel were. I agree that J?J were a huge threat to win but weren't as big of an end game threat as they were made out to be. Plus J/J weren't on the block that week Daniele was so I don't get shelly's logic. She had no reason to turn on J/J other then I really think she wasn't happy they weren't booting rachel which would have been a moronic move for them to make.

However, I thought Shelly's logic for wanting to keep Daniele didn't make sense. J/J weren't on the block that week Daniele was. If you had kept Daniele to go after Jeff, then you would still have to turn around and boot out Daniele later on again. What then happens if Jeff wins the veto, then you are still stuck with both Daniele/Jeff in the game. I am never a fan of keeping someone to go after someone else because then you are stuck still having to reboot that person, if they do what they say they will do. You don't know how many chances will have to boot someone in the game, especially if they are as good in the comps as Daniele is.
Back to top Go down
Nonny

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 5th 2012, 5:18 pm

xx
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 5th 2012, 5:52 pm

Nonny wrote:
xx

I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 5th 2012, 6:01 pm

A person of few words I guess
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 5th 2012, 6:02 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
A person of few words I guess

I'll take kisses all day long!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 6th 2012, 12:12 am

Who's Nonny? doh

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 6th 2012, 1:31 am

Shug wrote:
Who's Nonny? doh

Nonny yo business. Smile *hugs
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   March 6th 2012, 4:08 pm

lol! but I wanted to know too lol

PostSubject: Re: Other stuff-- tweets, etc   

Back to top Go down

Other stuff-- tweets, etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: