AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35524
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   December 5th 2011, 9:07 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Cindy and Ernie are my favorites. They seem like a nice sweet couple and complement each other. Unlike some, I love Cindy's determination and her need for perfection.

Glad the snowboarders are gone too. I liked them at first, but then they got all sanctimonious.

Totally disagree with the bolded part - to me they are Christians who were sharing their perspective on what was happening and not trying to be superior (nor did I see them as hypocrites), but since this teeters close to a religious discussion, I'll leave it at that.

I'm glad Ernie and Cindy have someone pulling for them - I can't get behind Cindy's whininess, but I respect her competitive nature. Since the snowboarders are gone, that leaves my other favorite team, so I am pulling for Amani and Marcus! cheers

The rules state: Try to steer clear of hot-topics like politics and religion. If it is discussed in the house or on other reality shows, it can be brought up within limits.

I think it's fine to bring up. I just don't like overt religiosity. ( Matthew 6:1-34 )
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   December 5th 2011, 9:33 am

Andy and Tommy had been so dominate and watching them make that one crucial mistake just underlined how quickly the race can end for any team with just one wrong decision at the wrong time.
I like Marcus and Amani's personalities so I'm kinda pulling for them but I think any of the three remaining teams are worthy winners.
Cindy's hyper-vigilance wears me out but she and Ernie seem to work well together.
Jeremy and Sandy appear to have settled into a rhythm that's working and the bickering and arguing is no longer apparent.
Good luck to them all ... I hope the winner is determined by great task performances and racing skill and not by a random taxi or traffic problem.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   December 5th 2011, 9:40 am

I was sad to see Andy and Tommy go. I hate it when a team runs such a good race and then is eliminated so close to the end by such a silly mistake. (Although, not so silly, didn't 2 other teams think the same thing- their cab drivers saved them).

I am with Nancy, I am rooting for Ernie and Cindy. I don't mind that she is particular and organized, because she doesn't seem to be obnoxious about it. And I love their relationship - I fully expected her to flip out and for them to fight, but quite the opposite was true. They have really grown on me and with Andy/Tommy gone, I am rooting for them.

I don't necessarily mind Armani/Marcus - but I am getting a little tired of the football analogies. We get it, you were a football player.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   December 5th 2011, 9:41 am

Marcus & Amani FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   December 5th 2011, 10:02 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
gluedtothepc wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Cindy and Ernie are my favorites. They seem like a nice sweet couple and complement each other. Unlike some, I love Cindy's determination and her need for perfection.

Glad the snowboarders are gone too. I liked them at first, but then they got all sanctimonious.

Totally disagree with the bolded part - to me they are Christians who were sharing their perspective on what was happening and not trying to be superior (nor did I see them as hypocrites), but since this teeters close to a religious discussion, I'll leave it at that.

I'm glad Ernie and Cindy have someone pulling for them - I can't get behind Cindy's whininess, but I respect her competitive nature. Since the snowboarders are gone, that leaves my other favorite team, so I am pulling for Amani and Marcus! cheers

The rules state: Try to steer clear of hot-topics like politics and religion. If it is discussed in the house or on other reality shows, it can be brought up within limits.

I think it's fine to bring up. I just don't like overt religiosity. ( Matthew 6:1-34 )

Excellent scripture, Nancy - I personally feel like there is a difference between referencing your perspective and trumpeting about it. Some see Tim Tebow in this way, too, but I see him as the child of missionaries who has practiced devout religion all of his life, so it's natural to him to speak/act from a place of deep faith. I agree that it is not right to tout your own personal acts of do-gooding, but in the case of TAR, we also have to remember that any soundbites we see on tv are prompted by prolonged questioning from producers who want to play up each contestant's storyline, so I have no doubt Tommy and Andy got more than a few faith-themed questions.

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Good luck to them all ... I hope the winner is determined by great task performances and racing skill and not by a random taxi or traffic problem.

^THIS! I feel like any of these three teams 'deserve' to win, so I completely agree with and hope for what you've written also!
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14909
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   December 5th 2011, 5:17 pm

Sad to see the snowboarders leave the way they did, but I can't feel too badly since they won a shitload of stuff.

Amani and Marcus FTW, but would be fine with any of them winning.

PostSubject: Re: Season 19 Spoilers   

Back to top Go down

Season 19 Spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: