Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 3:37 pm

Okay I created this thread because there are some things I'd like to say that don't pertain to the existing threads. Nor does it belong in the Live Feeds discussion.

So first thing I am bothered by this season. i.e. if it is Dynamic Duos. you bring back Veteran duos vs. noobs who don't know each other. Seems a tad unfair. Gold key-again WTH? then "pairs is over" yet it is still vets playing noobs. It really seems unbalanced and I don't get how the twists and game play tie into the theme, nor does it seem fair from a game stance.
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 3:53 pm

I know what you're saying. I think it would've been more interesting to bring in newbies who knew each other in the outside world as well. If they did that, they wouldn't have to put them in pairs because everyone would be somewhat equal. The pairs were obviously for the vets because there was a high likelihood that Dick/Dani, Jeff/Jordan, Brendon/Rachel would get nominated TOGETHER, so might as well make each newbie have someone who they'd have to be nominated against too. The golden key was also for the vets. I guess there was a possibility before the show started that the vets could get picked off one by one. It was 8 vs 6 after all. Bringing in the golden key twist helped to ensure a little bit that they all wouldn't be gone right away. If they lost Dick, they wouldn't lose Dani right away. If they lost Jeff, they wouldn't lose Jordan right away. And if they lost Brendon, they wouldn't lose Rachel right away. Little did the producers know that didn't need that twist because the vets dominated the HOHs anyways.

And this newest twist is the one that annoys me the most. I can't stand the fact that someone who should still be there is getting screwed over/evicted because of this, and someone who should be gone gets to stay because...SURPRISE! We're back in duos for the one week when Rachel and Jordan are going on the block so if they win veto they can take BOTH of themselves off! Super annoying. I haven't been more pissed off with such obvious rigging since the BB9 guinea pig question.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:02 pm

I would have been ok with the newb vs vets/duo twist if BB didn't cast such obviously shitty newbs

The vets came in as couples and family they didn't needs to get to know their partners they already knew and trusted each other completely! BB should have cast newb couples and family members or at least people who could physically compete on the vets level
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35501
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:03 pm

dv8 wrote:
Okay I created this thread because there are some things I'd like to say that don't pertain to the existing threads. Nor does it belong in the Live Feeds discussion.

So first thing I am bothered by this season. i.e. if it is Dynamic Duos. you bring back Veteran duos vs. noobs who don't know each other. Seems a tad unfair. Gold key-again WTH? then "pairs is over" yet it is still vets playing noobs. It really seems unbalanced and I don't get how the twists and game play tie into the theme, nor does it seem fair from a game stance.

You are new, but many of us have said this before. I didn't like the there were 3 pairs that had absolute trust and the others were with strangers who had no loyalty to each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:33 pm

I agree with the newbs being in a duo of someone the actually knew. Totally agree!

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:53 pm

Nancy, yes, thank you for your reply. I am new and I hope its okay to have this mash up thread?

So going on that vein of lopsided vets v. noobs. wouldn't the ultimate twist be that these noobs are the jury to the vets game play?
And if that were the final twist who do you think would vote for whom?
Conversely what other possible thematic twists could be in the works?
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:54 pm

How much more interesting it would have been if they brought in pairs who were "mortal enemies" in their seasons and forced them to work together. Dick and Jen, Rachel and Brittney, Jeff and Jessie,
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:55 pm

funnyhaha wrote:
How much more interesting it would have been if they brought in pairs who were "mortal enemies" in their seasons and forced them to work together. Dick and Jen, Rachel and Brittney, Jeff and Jessie,

That would have been hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 4:58 pm

funnyhaha wrote:

Ahhhhhhh yes that would have been an excellent idea. At least it would have brought a bit of balance.

I mean come on - 2 committed couples and a father/daughter pair. So unfair to the newbies. Of course the newbies screwed up big time and wrecked their numbers advantage right from the start.
Back to top Go down
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 5:34 pm

funnyhaha wrote:

Oh man that would have been AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 5:40 pm

Yup, I agree. I was totally shocked during the first endurance HOH when the newbies kept dropping from the bananas left and right and didn't seem to care that much whether they won or not.
I'm not saying the newbies would have won, (Dani and Rachel certainly seemed to know how important that first win was), but they should have been trying desperately ... and Cassi shouldn't have dropped without at least getting a guarantee that she and Shelly wouldn't be nominated. (They weren't, but she didn't ask for safety.)
A newbie win during that first HOH would have changed the whole arc of the game.

I also think that the newbies should have been paired with people who they trusted instead of with complete strangers.

I think putting in duos who were mortal enemies during their season would have been hilarious. It wouldn't have worked with Dani/Stein or Dani/Jen because they're good friends now but the ones mentioned above would have been great.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 5:47 pm

Bryanna wrote:

And this newest twist is the one that annoys me the most. I can't stand the fact that someone who should still be there is getting screwed over/evicted because of this, and someone who should be gone gets to stay because...SURPRISE! We're back in duos for the one week when Rachel and Jordan are going on the block so if they win veto they can take BOTH of themselves off! Super annoying. I haven't been more pissed off with such obvious rigging since the BB9 guinea pig question.
I agree with this Bryanna. The Pandora's Box twist may have already been scheduled for this week but as jfan pointed out a few days ago, the "punishment" for Porsche opening it was likely chosen as a way to give both J/R a chance to stay in the game. I still think that if Rachel or Jordan had won Porsche's HOH, the Pandora's Box punishment for A/K/P/S would have been something different. I'll never think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 5:54 pm

funnyhaha wrote:

Oh my God, you need to be a producer of BB, funnyhaha!!
That would have been an AWESOME idea!!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 6:18 pm

Kind of like a BB6 type pairs meets seasoned players. But who would be the Cappy of the group?
Back to top Go down
funnyhaha
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 6:20 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
funnyhaha wrote:

They can feel free to steal the idea. As long as we all know we heard it here first
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 6:27 pm

funnyhaha wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
funnyhaha wrote:

They can feel free to steal the idea. As long as we all know we heard it here first

high five
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 6:32 pm

We NEED this to happen, funnyhaha!! Great idea!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 6:58 pm

If I were in charge of the BB world, I would like to see two houses (always used to be a persistent rumor), 14 vets each paired with someone from their personal lives that they would least want to play with. Pre-season, the vets would be asked who they would most like to play with from their season, and someone from their lives who they would not want to play with (for whatever reason).

The vets would then be divided 7 in each house with their partner. The houses would compete against each other, and the "couples" would remain "hitched" through the entire season. If a couple from House A wins HOH, they would be able to choose two couples from the other house to nominate. The winning house would also determine the "backyard schedule" and only be allowed to mingle together for an hour each day.

The couples meanwhile, would have to eat, sleep, workout, etc. (in other words, where your partner is, you must be also).

I would call the season, "Sleeping with the Enemy." Smile
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:16 pm

The Vets vs Noobs was SOOOO unfair. I believe it was set up for Jeff Schroeder to get more TV time in an effort to help him launch something.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:18 pm

Moody wrote:
The Vets vs Noobs was SOOOO unfair. I believe it was set up for Jeff Schroeder to get more TV time in an effort to help him launch something.

See, I think it was so unfair that it was 6 veterans up against 8 newbies...UNTIL I heard of the GK.
AG was making sure at least 4 of the veterans would make jury with the GK.

Back to top Go down
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:21 pm

♫♪I just throw my hands in the air and hey oh where's my Dan-iooooo♪♫
♪♫at least she made the feeds light up, with her drahhhmaa♫♪
♪♫Adam cryin' I want my Faaaaraaaaah♫♪

feeds are so boring I'm turning into Weird BB Yahhhankovic...feel free to jooooinn in.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:22 pm

dv8 wrote:

feeds are so boring I'm turning into Weird BB Yahhhankovic...feel free to jooooinn in.

Don't make Moody yell "NAP TIME" to you!
Back to top Go down
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:22 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Moody wrote:

See, I think it was so unfair that it was 6 veterans up against 8 newbies...UNTIL I heard of the GK.
AG was making sure at least 4 of the veterans would make jury with the GK.

ya, that latter bit was messed up. I'm also surprised they kept Brendon or Rachel around after their scathing accusations and whining in the HN room. remember that? Where Brendon ended with lets get Dr. z? was it or Dr. x?
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:23 pm

dv8 wrote:

How do you do that music thingy? I never have seen it before. It's cute.
Back to top Go down
dv8
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:27 pm

Moody wrote:
dv8 wrote:

How do you do that music thingy? I never have seen it before. It's cute.

ty dancing penguin its ascii holding the ALT key down tap 1 then 3, the other note is 1 then 4 dancing penguin
I love these little penguins. Okay Time Out for me...I'm going to watch a movie, feeds bite. Yall hang tight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:31 pm

I will pay you 50 for that tip.

(I only knew the cents one)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:33 pm

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Rachel & Jordan ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:34 pm

Dang Wild! Look and you and the hearts!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:36 pm

Moody wrote:
Dang Wild! Look and you and the hearts!

Lee Ann
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:40 pm

♪ Oh how cute! I want to know more!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:42 pm

Enjoy the movie dv8!

How'd you make the hearts????

Last edited by Lori on August 30th 2011, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:42 pm

doesn't work for me
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:43 pm

scott - are you using the numbers to your right - not the top row numbers.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:43 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
doesn't work for me

Me either Sad

I am feeling jealousy regarding those hearts and notes. ARRRG lol
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:44 pm

Lori wrote:

I only have the numbers on the top on my laptop. I have Vista, does that matter?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:45 pm

Lori wrote:

Mine only has #'s on the top
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:46 pm

♥♥♥Rachel and Porsche♥♥♥

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:46 pm

Oh I don't Gracie. I am sure there is a way you can do it but I have no clue. I can't find the hearts. Where is that Wilde!!!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    August 30th 2011, 7:47 pm

Aww Scott, just tell us what you want ♪ on and we will edit your post and add them for free~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything    

Back to top Go down

Hodge Podge mish/mash of everything
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: