AuthorMessage
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 14th 2011, 3:29 pm

blueeyed wrote:
Kelli - I have found that there is nothing anyone can "say" and nothing anyone can "do". There is nothing to say or do. I have also found that people either want to hug and comfort you or totally avoid the subject (and sometimes you). As you know, Daniel was my world. I didn't think that I could or would survive without him. He was everything to me, the reason I got up in the morring and went to bed at night. I am surviving. That is what he would want. He would also want me to be happy (although currently that seems impossible). I have had so many, many people tell me how "strong" I am. I don't fee strong, I feel broken. I just truly think it is horrible tragedy that we are living through and most, if not all, people don't know what to say. I think three months ago I would have said the same thing as your co-worker. Today, I would give someone a hug (and I'm not a hugger) and let them know I was there for them.

Dixie - I think everyone says "as long as it's healthy" and no one would give it back. It's a saying that has been said for as long as I remember.

ETA: what happened to my avatar?

I know Daniel was your world just like Brian was mine. We have so much in common, being single parents raising our boys alone and only having one child. We lived our lives for our child and now everything about our lives is different. I still feel like Brian is the most important person in my life even though he's not here. He is still my focus and I don't know how to change that or if I want to.

I know our boys would want us to be happy because thank GOD they both realized how much we loved them and how much we did for them, and they wouldn't want us to be miserable forever. I'm sure they both know that our hearts are forever broken.

I'm like you and I don't feel strong at all. I'm just a survivor who has no other choice.

I agree with you in your response to Dixie. I think everyone says they want a healthy baby. Of course, that's what they want but everyone doesn't get their wish. I don't know of anyone who said that who would ever give their child back because he was born unhealthy. That's just their hope.

Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 14th 2011, 5:12 pm

I knew you would understand what I was trying to say. Daniel will be forever with me. I know he would want me to find my way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 14th 2011, 5:34 pm

group hug

stephlj

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 17th 2011, 10:14 pm

People say what they say... A big one for me was, "Everything happens for a reason".

When someone would say that to me...or another seemingly comforting phrase...I realized that they are really just trying to be helpful...but they really just don't know what to say.

I tend to keep a lot of things in...I don't like to talk about feelings with people I only know casually...and I ailenated some friends because of this. (this is a little easier for me...talking to strangers who don't know me at all, for some reason)

Bottom line: when someone's child dies, there is just nothing right or wrong to say... your words may be taken well, or may hurt...but they are already in so much pain, and so sensitive...that it probably wasn't your comment...it wasn't you trying to tell them that you love them and you ache for their loss.

So...say what you feel...tell them something. Chances are there is nothing you can do to make it worse.

(this may sound bizarre...but I really heard some doozies...and some of the worst comments actually make my hubby and I laugh now...)
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 20th 2011, 3:25 pm

stephlj wrote:
People say what they say... A big one for me was, "Everything happens for a reason".

When someone would say that to me...or another seemingly comforting phrase...I realized that they are really just trying to be helpful...but they really just don't know what to say.

I tend to keep a lot of things in...I don't like to talk about feelings with people I only know casually...and I ailenated some friends because of this. (this is a little easier for me...talking to strangers who don't know me at all, for some reason)

Bottom line: when someone's child dies, there is just nothing right or wrong to say... your words may be taken well, or may hurt...but they are already in so much pain, and so sensitive...that it probably wasn't your comment...it wasn't you trying to tell them that you love them and you ache for their loss.

So...say what you feel...tell them something. Chances are there is nothing you can do to make it worse.

(this may sound bizarre...but I really heard some doozies...and some of the worst comments actually make my hubby and I laugh now...)

steph, the "everything happens for a reason" or "God had a reason for this" are the comments that stabbed me in the heart. As you said, many things are said by well-meaning people who just don't know what to say, but these comments really got to me. The God I love is a loving God and would never cause my daughter to be murdered, which was my response to these comments. A monster killed my baby, not God.

I received a letter from a woman we knew who had lost a child that helped me more than anything else did at the time. She explained how we were now members of a club that nobody wants to be a member of...parents who have lost children. She went on to say that people will want you to stop talking about it, want you to put her photos away and want you to forget about her. She said don't do any of those things. She advised me to talk about her, keep her photos out for all the world to see, and never, ever to forget her. I have done all of those things and more. It makes some people uncomfortable to hear about her, see her photos and listen to us talk about the funny things she did. Those people can either accept it or stay away from me because she will always be a part of me and who I am.

We were in a unique position because my daughter had hundreds of friends and young relatives who were devastated by her murder, including my younger daughter. From the beginninng we tried to help them cope. Most of them had lost faith in God and blamed God for what happened. We tried to help them overcome these feelings. These same young people are now some of our dearest friends and visit us often. They became our strength and helped us through the time we spent trying to get justice for our daughter. They're now part of our family.

On the day of the trial, there was standing-room-only in the courtroom. It was filled with our family and all the young people who had loved and supported us. They asked the judge to give a victim impact statement and he allowed one to speak for the group. I sobbed through the entire statement. That day, when we received justice for our daughter's murder was my first step to healing, after aover a year of fighting for justice.

I'll never be healed and my heart will always feel like someone has ripped it from my body, and there are still times when the pain is so horrible that I can't breathe, but I have learned to find joy in the memories and it helps to know so many others loved my child. She was an incredible human being who wouldn't allow anyone to be unhappy in her presence. Her love of life is still affecting people, including me,each and every day. One of her dearest childhood friends wrote to me soon after her death and said, "I grieve for all the people who didn't have the opportunity to know and love Ashley like we did. I feel guilty that I was so priviledged to know her and love her when so many others didn't." That sums up the way I feel too, not only about my Ashley, but also for all of you who have had to bury your children.
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 12116
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 20th 2011, 5:45 pm

Shug wrote:

steph, the "everything happens for a reason" or "God had a reason for this" are the comments that stabbed me in the heart. As you said, many things are said by well-meaning people who just don't know what to say, but these comments really got to me. The God I love is a loving God and would never cause my daughter to be murdered, which was my response to these comments. A monster killed my baby, not God.

I received a letter from a woman we knew who had lost a child that helped me more than anything else did at the time. She explained how we were now members of a club that nobody wants to be a member of...parents who have lost children. She went on to say that people will want you to stop talking about it, want you to put her photos away and want you to forget about her. She said don't do any of those things. She advised me to talk about her, keep her photos out for all the world to see, and never, ever to forget her. I have done all of those things and more. It makes some people uncomfortable to hear about her, see her photos and listen to us talk about the funny things she did. Those people can either accept it or stay away from me because she will always be a part of me and who I am.

I can't stand the saying, "God has a reason for this or that". I wasn't blessed with children. I've come to hate this saying due to other traumatic situations in my life. I understand completely how this stabbed you in the heart.

Also, the years following the loss of my mom (she passed when I was 24, that was 26 years ago) many people "advised" me to not talk about her, put away her photos and it cut like a knife. I still talk about her and miss her terribly. So, I agree that keeping your daughter alive in stories and other means is a good thing.

Much love to you, Shug and all in this thread! cheek kiss
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 20th 2011, 6:30 pm

So many of Brian's friends are still around me today, as well. We all feel comfortable telling funny stories or sharing memories. It truly is validation of the young person they were on this earth and a tribute to us as parents. We obviously did something right to have so many people who loved our kids,.

I didn't understand the saying that God had a reason, but some of the books I've read, explain that we all have lessons to learn on earth. (I think it was a book by Sylvia Browne.)

She believes we live more than one life and each time we're here, we have things to accomplish. She went on to say that we plan our friends, families, etc before we come to earth. We also plan our death. I don't know what to believe but I told Brian that if he planned this, when we meet again, I'm gonna hug him for a really long time and then I'm gonna smack him. lol

I don't like the saying that God would never give us more than we can handle. I guess I'm "handling" it since I'm here but I think it's more than anyone should have to bear. What's worse is we are supposed to just go on and live the rest of our lives this way and function like "normal" human beings. I know it's possible and I've done it for awhile now. I just don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 20th 2011, 8:05 pm

KelliM wrote:
So many of Brian's friends are still around me today, as well. We all feel comfortable telling funny stories or sharing memories. It truly is validation of the young person they were on this earth and a tribute to us as parents. We obviously did something right to have so many people who loved our kids,.

I didn't understand the saying that God had a reason, but some of the books I've read, explain that we all have lessons to learn on earth. (I think it was a book by Sylvia Browne.)

She believes we live more than one life and each time we're here, we have things to accomplish. She went on to say that we plan our friends, families, etc before we come to earth. We also plan our death. I don't know what to believe but I told Brian that if he planned this, when we meet again, I'm gonna hug him for a really long time and then I'm gonna smack him. lol

I don't like the saying that God would never give us more than we can handle. I guess I'm "handling" it since I'm here but I think it's more than anyone should have to bear. What's worse is we are supposed to just go on and live the rest of our lives this way and function like "normal" human beings. I know it's possible and I've done it for awhile now. I just don't like it.

lol! @ your comment about the planning and what you're going to do (((KelliM.))) I would too.

(((Frances))), good for you! I'm so proud of you for keeping your Mom's memory alive. Keep talking about her. She obviously raised an incredible daughter who knew putting her photos away and not talking about her was the wrong thing to do. clap

I have to respectfully disagree with Sylvia Browne. I don't believe my Ashley planned her own death. She was in her last semester of college, about to do her student teaching and become a teacher like me. She had just told me she had met her future husband and introduced him to me. She was happier than I'd ever seen her. She was driving home after helping her best friend, who had just gotten married, move.

The monster who murdered her saw her driving her new car that she had made one payment on. In his confession he said, "I saw a beautiful girl in a white car and decided she was the one."

This monstrous stranger followed her for 35 miles, into an area of the highway with no cell phone service, which he had planned. He pulled his car beside hers and began shooting at her. One of the shots hit her head. She lost control of the car and it went off the road 200 yards into a field. He parked his car and walked to hers. He dragged her out of her car, then raped and sodomized her. He said she was moaning when he left. She died from a gunshot to the brain stem along with two other gunshots. I still have nightmares that she's screaming "Mom!!" for me to come help her and I can't get to her. It's the same dream over and over.

He was caught two weeks later because his car got stuck in the mud after he murdered her and a strange set of circumstances, which the Texas Rangers said Ashley was responsible for. They swore she made him get stuck in the mud on her way to Heaven. A tow truck driver recalled him being nervous, a highway patrolman who stopped also caught him on the video in his car acting strange, and another driver who had stopped remembered him, which led eventually back to him after they discovered her the next day. If his car hadn't been stuck he would never have been caught and would have murdered again since he was profiled as a serial killer. I believe with all my heart she did have something to do with his car being stuck in the mud on her way to Heaven.

I've said that to say that Ashley did not plan this as Sylvia Browne believes. I like a lot of what Sylvia does and says but disagree with her on this point. No sane person would choose this way to die.

As far as God not giving us more than we can handle, I have mixed feelings about that like you do KelliM. I know I was very angry with God for a long time. Many times I've been driving in my car and screaming at God and trying to comprehend how something so horrific could happen to my baby. Like you, I've handled it but I don't like that I was forced to handle it. I do think that whoever wrote that never had to bury their own child. No parent should ever have to bury a child. It's not the natural order of things. I don't think God meant for us to handle it. All we can do is survive and perhaps help others like us survive.

(((((Frances and KelliM)))))
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 20th 2011, 11:27 pm

(((((((((((Shug))))))))))

It's hard enough to lose your child but to have her taken from you because of a monster, has to be even worse. She sounds like such a smart, caring, beautiful young lady who knew what she wanted and was going for it. I commend you for raising such a strong, amazing young woman. I can only imagine the pain you have suffered knowing what she went thru those last few moments. God bless you.

She's home now and having so much fun. It's gonna be one heck of a reunion someday when we join them. I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 21st 2011, 7:50 am

about choosing, I don't believe that, for a lot of reasons that would have me going off on a dozen tangents so will zip it.

When my hubby was dying I made reference to the "God won't give you more than you can handle" saying, to the hospital chaplain, He shook his head and said. "to put it rudely that is crap, I have searched and that promise is Nowhere in the Bible". God does promise to be with you when you have more than you can handle. He also told me to scream, cuss and yell at God all I needed, He could take it.
My husband fought so hard to live and wanted so much to watch our grandkids grow up. And Donnie did not want to die, til the last few months he went to every treatment available even experimental treatments, he wanted to live. When people say it may be blessing they are out of pain or are not suffering, etc. it did not sound right to me.
Now, I know it is not true. I am nosey, I want to hang on and see how all this turns out. I have told kids and such, if I die before I am 100 don't you let anyone say anything else but "I bet she is ticked she did not get to have her 100 B'day party". That will be the truth.

Thank you all for things you have all said in this thread. You have helped me with things I have been struggleing with. For instance, I felt bad if I brought up my grief or memories, so I kept them to myself, I don't think I will do that anymore. And I kept most of my thoughts about death and grief to myself for fear of upsetting someone.
That may not be best choice.

You are all so wise and caring and you all mean more to me than I can say.

Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 21st 2011, 8:49 am

Wow ladies, I am speechless. I applaud you.

Shrug, I appreciate your frankness. I am sure there has never been, and probably will never be, anything more difficult for you to deal with. I am so glad there are people out there like you that don't let things go, and continue to fight for justice.

I don't understand the idea of "putting away pictures and not talking about them.." To me, that is like saying they didn't exist, or whatnot. You will not ever forget them, or stop missing them - why on earth would you not want to see their beautiful face?

I would like to think that what would keep me going is what one of you expressed "he/she would not want me to die or give up"...if nothing else you go on for them.

Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 21st 2011, 1:10 pm

I made a reference earlier about something I "told" Brian. I know he's gone but that doesn't mean I don't still talk to him. It probably makes me sound kinda strange, but I have long talks with him sometimes (thank GOD I live alone. lol)

I like to keep him updated on what his friends are doing, any new gossip, family news, etc. If I'm reading a book, I might read him something that I think he would be interested in.

I went to a psychic once who told me that Brian said I talk to him alot and he appreciates that I talk to him as if he were here. He wanted to remind me that he is here often and always will be. You never know with psychics and I haven't gone for a couple of years, but this did hit home with me because I could see him appreciating the conversation.

I just wondered if any of you did this same thing. Please tell me you do. LOL
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 2:17 pm

At this point I talk to Daniel all the time. I'll be honest, I'm not doing so good. I went back to work, but it was too much and I'm off until the 1st of the year. I cry and sleep alot.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 2:39 pm

Schooner, you're so right. When I was at my lowest, I realized that my Ashley would hate seeing me so unhappy. It made me try to go on with life and try to be as happy as I could.

KelliM, yes I talk to her all the time!

Blueeyed, my thoughts and prayers are with you. If work is too hard for you, then you're doing the right thing. Everything you're feeling is perfectly normal. It helped me to write about my daughter. Have you thought of journaling your memories and thoughts about Daniel? Also, I made scrapbooks of all the photos of her. I still get them out and look at them often. I don't ever want to forget her. Take gentle care of yourself, blueeyed. We're all here for you.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 2:52 pm

blueeyed wrote:
At this point I talk to Daniel all the time. I'll be honest, I'm not doing so good. I went back to work, but it was too much and I'm off until the 1st of the year. I cry and sleep alot.

I think of you often. I wish I could give you a great big "in person" hug!!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 3:19 pm

Well, yes I talk and I feel them too. But mostly just with my late hubby now. The rest seem to not be near anymore. Donnie was really close when his Dad was dying. After my hubby died, Donnie was gone. I know this sounds crazy, but I don't care. Whatever "it" is, it helped me. Now I will zip it before the men in white suits show up.

Blueyed,
I am sorry you are having rough time. I don't have words of wisdom. I don't think there is any right or wrong thing. Just to get through the days and endure is best I could manage lots of days. I wish I had better answers.
you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 5:54 pm

Blueeyed, I'm glad you're doing whatever you need to do in order to endure this unimaginably painful loss.
I think of you every day. Please know that all of us here care and wish we could help.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 6:09 pm

My thoughts are with you Blueeyed. I think of this thread every day and all the pain you ladies are feeling. Bless you all.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 6:33 pm

Blue, please call me again. We had such a great talk the last time. I'm available anytime you need me!!

I know it's tough and I'm not gonna lie and say all the hurt will go away. It does ease up some so there is hope.

I just wish you lived closer to me. Have you searched for Compassionate Friends in your area? If I'm not mistaken, you live in a large area and I would almost guarantee there are meetings or events taking place at least monthly. I know you would have to force yourself to attend the first one but I would bet you would be willing to go to the 2nd one. It's so wonderful to have people to talk to about the pain and loss. They can help you. In fact, when you call me, I will do a search FOR you while you're on the phone with me. :-)

Sending you big hugs and waiting for the phone to ring!! Kiss of Love

Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 7:32 pm

Kelli you are such a sweetheart. Brian would be proud of you!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 7:35 pm

Kay - I was thinking the EXACT same thing about Kelli!!!!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 9:35 pm

Blueeyed take care of yourself. Kelli you are great. group hug
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 27th 2011, 11:45 pm

Aww thanks guys, you are too kind.

Blue, I work tomorrow until around 6pm but I'm off all weekend. If I don't hear from you by Saturday afternoon, I'm gonna call you. I hope that's ok.

I know where your heart is because I was there and I remember it well. I know it's hard to get up and face the day. Remember when I told you the light will come back? I promise you, it will. Your good memories will come back and will help the bad ones fade somewhat.

Daniel loves you so much and wants you healthy and living life. As hard as that is to do, we have to do it for our boys, just like we did everything for them when they were here. We have to continue to make them happy.

I'm sending you more hugs and looking forward to your call!!

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 28th 2011, 7:45 am

Blue,

I hope you will all excuse me while I jump to "other side". Because of the leukemia I have had to think of what if.... so often things Donnie and my hubby did and said make so much more sense to me now. I know it is different cause boys were so young, but Donnie was in early 30's. he told us, "I have the easy part when this is done. You guys have to go on living."
I can't stress how much I worry about this. What will happen if I lose this battle w/luekema. My son and a few grands have said to me, "you are my best friend, the one that listens and "gets me" I can't lose you"
that should make me happy but I Hate the thought of what they will feel if they lose me. The thought of the saddness and pain I would leave behind eats at me.
So, I tell them all about how much my late hubby, Pop, wants them to live and laugh again to not let saddness of him not being here for special moments take away. I guide them to thinking of how much he would enjoy them. Make jokes about what he would say and do. And pray that they remember this "just in case"
I now believe no matter how old or young they are when we lose them, our loved ones want us to live, laugh and love for them. But that is a goal that takes a while to get to.
In mean time I believe your son wants you surrounded with his love and whatever you need. Time or tears or whatever he wants you to have it.
Please call Kelli, don't try to do this alone. Take all the help that you can.

I hope I have not over stepped. If I have please forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 28th 2011, 12:19 pm

I'm thinking of Blue and all of you today. As we approach the holidays, we all know how difficult this time of year is for us. Holidays, anniversary dates and birthdays are always the hardest times to deal with.

I'm sending good thoughts to everyone, especially Blue and hoping that you know we are all here for one another. Just reach out and someone here will listen and is probably feeling the same way you are today.

group hug
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 28th 2011, 12:48 pm

Kelli I'll give you a call again. I'm not really talking to anyone right now. I've made plans with an old friend for Saturday and Sunday I'm spending it with my 10 year old niece that is having a hard time too. We are going to get pedicurs and and just hang out.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 28th 2011, 7:28 pm

blueeyed wrote:
Kelli I'll give you a call again. I'm not really talking to anyone right now. I've made plans with an old friend for Saturday and Sunday I'm spending it with my 10 year old niece that is having a hard time too. We are going to get pedicurs and and just hang out.

I understand and I won't call since you're spending the weekend with your niece. It sounds like fun! I love pedicures!!

I'm glad you won't be by yourself, but the offer still stands. I'm gonna be pretty much home by myself this weekend so call me day or night, if you're up to it.

Kiss of Love
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 29th 2011, 9:11 am

blueeyed wrote:

And I am zipping my mouth. But am sending prayers.
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   October 29th 2011, 9:50 pm

group hug
You are all in my thoughts. If ever you need an ear, a shoulder, an anything - it's here for you. Your loss is immeasurable.

KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 13th 2011, 1:36 am

I wanted to check in with you Blue. I know this is a tough time of the year and I hope you aren't dealing with it alone. I bet you hate those Hallmark commercials now, as much as I do. lol

Just know I'm thinking of you. Kiss of Love

Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 15th 2011, 12:17 am

Thanks for checking. First, I've decided its time to delve into the "help" catagory. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow, and grief counselor Thursday. Second, I am so pissed off at my nieces I could just scream! Third, I cry all the time. I didn't cry so much in the beginning, but Thursday will be three months and I just cry all the time. Frankly, I'm in a dark place trying to find some light. But thanks for thinking of me, it helps.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 15th 2011, 1:47 am

blueeyed wrote:
Thanks for checking. First, I've decided its time to delve into the "help" catagory. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow, and grief counselor Thursday. Second, I am so pissed off at my nieces I could just scream! Third, I cry all the time. I didn't cry so much in the beginning, but Thursday will be three months and I just cry all the time. Frankly, I'm in a dark place trying to find some light. But thanks for thinking of me, it helps.

I'm really glad to hear that you are going to see a grief counselor and therapist. It helps to be able to talk to someone who has some insight into your emotions, and some advice on things to help you ease the pain.

You are not alone, Blue. There are so many of us out here who have gone thru what you are going through now.

I didn't cry alot at first either because it wasn't real. My mind wouldn't let me comprehend that something that horrible could be true. It's tough when the realness sets in. There isn't much light anywhere, but there will be. It will get better than it is right now. I promise!!

I'm sorry your nieces have made you angry. I really hope you have some supportive loved ones around you now. This time of the year is difficult. If your family isn't being supportive, please ask the counselor about some support groups in your area. Don't try to brave this alone. And please don't hesitate to ask for help. There are so many people who have taken these steps before you and it truly helps when we can help someone get thru these tougher times as well. So really, you would be doing them a favor!! :-)

I think about you often and I can't wait to hear from you and to hear how your sessions go, so please let me know!

I'm praying for you and sending lots of love and hugs!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 15th 2011, 7:38 am

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 17th 2011, 6:23 am

big hug Blueeyed.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 19th 2011, 2:27 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE!!!!!!!! I hope you find some way to celebrate today and do something good for you!!

I tried to call you today and left you a message. I hope that means you are out enjoying your day, as best as you can! I'l be home all weekend! :-)

Kiss of Love l
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 19th 2011, 2:40 pm

Happy Birthday Blue! big hug
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 19th 2011, 10:22 pm

I had a pretty good day today. Oddly enough, my brother won tickets to a Raiders game in Minnesota so he asked me to watch his dogs so I woke up with two warm dogs in my bed and then headed to the movies with my 3 year old niece to see Happy Feet 2. She and I came back to my house (she had never been here before) and she wanted to know which room was her's! It was cute. So I guess I now know what to do with the Daniel's old game room - I'll "pink" it out. Thanks for thinking of me everyone.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 20th 2011, 12:01 am

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day and that's a great idea for Daniel's game room!!!!

Dogs are wonderful! I'm now thankful that Brian brought home a puppy that I told him we didn't need!! (I wasn't so happy at the time lol) He has been a great comfort to me. If you don't already have a dog, you should check out your local pound.

Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 20th 2011, 1:52 am

Happy Birthday Blue!

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   November 20th 2011, 7:21 am

Aww, I missed it yesterday, but a belated happy birthday, blue! When you spend your day with dogs and a little girl, you're always going to come out ahead, right? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Blueeyed   

Back to top Go down

Blueeyed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: