Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
jsgill270
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 8th 2008, 9:47 am

Found this on utube. David Cook at the walmart shareholders meeting. he is really really good. Its just him on guitar and singing. He is great with out a band. And he is still gorgeous Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHhsO8w4qno
Back to top Go down
aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 8th 2008, 11:34 am

Thanks for bringing that over js, I need to spend more time in youtube. I am going to see him in Houston in August, I can't wait! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
jsgill270
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 8th 2008, 11:42 am

aTmMom wrote:
Thanks for bringing that over js, I need to spend more time in youtube. I am going to see him in Houston in August, I can't wait! :bounce:

You are so lucky!! Hope you have a great time!! I went last year to see the idols, Blake was my favorite!!! yummy!! I just thought he was gorgeous too!! I wished I would have waited til this year to go. My hubby would think I am crazy for wanting to go 2 years in a row. Make sure you get some good pictures. When we went I even got a bunch of their autographs. I was so close to Blake I could touch him!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35502
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 10th 2008, 6:39 pm

By The Associated Press
6/10/2008 11:56 AM
Last Modified: 6/10/2008 11:59 AM

LOS ANGELES -- "American Idol" winner David Cook will perform the national anthem at Tuesday's Game 3 of the NBA finals at the Staples Center.

Cook, a former Tulsa resident, will sing before the game that matches the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. It is set to begin at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Jeffrey Osborne will perform the national anthem at Game 4 on Thursday on ABC. Osborne also sang the anthem for the Lakers at the finals in 2002, 1988 and 1985.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 10th 2008, 7:49 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
By The Associated Press
6/10/2008 11:56 AM
Last Modified: 6/10/2008 11:59 AM

LOS ANGELES -- "American Idol" winner David Cook will perform the national anthem at Tuesday's Game 3 of the NBA finals at the Staples Center.

Cook, a former Tulsa resident, will sing before the game that matches the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. It is set to begin at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Jeffrey Osborne will perform the national anthem at Game 4 on Thursday on ABC. Osborne also sang the anthem for the Lakers at the finals in 2002, 1988 and 1985.

Thanks for the info, Nancy. The *only* reason for tuning in.

TRD.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 10th 2008, 8:46 pm

I tuned into the first 5 minutes of the game coverage because Nancy posted about David Cook singing the anthem - he was awesome.
(I just never got into basketball - I mean, come on, if it's not hockey, what's the point? ha)
Jessie
Back to top Go down
jsgill270
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 11th 2008, 9:45 am

Wow that was great!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 11th 2008, 9:49 am

Thanks Jessie. I tuned in too late to see David. Love David Cook! cheers
Back to top Go down
AngTown

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 11th 2008, 8:55 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE David Cook....He's my ringtone AND ringback tone...I think my husbands getting jealous Laughing
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 15th 2008, 5:09 pm

Dave cook fan forum, Home of the word nerds!

http://wordnerds.omgforum.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 15th 2008, 5:13 pm

Thanks rallen...I'm going to sign up.

BTW...are those your toes? I keep meaning to ask! Laughing
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 15th 2008, 7:10 pm

Lori wrote:
Thanks rallen...I'm going to sign up.

BTW...are those your toes? I keep meaning to ask! Laughing

Haha, nope, but it gave me the idea to do funny faces on my boys feet and photo them...so keep an eye out for theme toe pics! haha!

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 16th 2008, 9:14 am

LOL! Will look forward to the "toe pics"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   June 16th 2008, 7:37 pm

rallen wrote:
Dave cook fan forum, Home of the word nerds!

http://wordnerds.omgforum.net/index.htm

Another Fan Forum..... but.... I like him too much not to join....

Great Picture Rallen on your son's toes......

Cool
Back to top Go down
Dismom

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   July 8th 2008, 9:37 am

Is anyone going to live show?
Back to top Go down
aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   July 8th 2008, 10:09 am

Dismom wrote:
Is anyone going to live show?

I am but not until August, I will report back.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2106

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   August 1st 2008, 1:47 pm

I like it!

aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   August 25th 2008, 12:14 am

Just got home from the show here in Houston, and Michael Johns was fantastic(way better than on the show). I could listen to Jason Castro sing all night long, his voice is so mellow. DAVID COOK was AMAZING! All in all a great show. I can't wait for the CD's to come out!
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   August 25th 2008, 6:59 am

aTmMom wrote:
Just got home from the show here in Houston, and Michael Johns was fantastic(way better than on the show). I could listen to Jason Castro sing all night long, his voice is so mellow. DAVID COOK was AMAZING! All in all a great show. I can't wait for the CD's to come out!

Lucky you, how awesome!
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   August 25th 2008, 12:49 pm

Quote :
'American Idol' adds fourth judge

In what already looks like the biggest format shakeup in American Idol history, Fox announced this morning that the show's eighth season will feature a fourth judge. It's Kara DioGuardi, a songwriter/producer who's worked with past Idol champs Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Hicks (as well as working with Davids Cook and Archuleta, Clay Aiken, Bo Bice, and Katharine McPhee), not to mention Avril Lavigne, Pink, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Natasha Bedingfield, Jewel, Marc Anthony, and a host of others. Plus, she has some contest-judging experience, from MTV's short-lived Idol-esque show The One. Her own attempt at singing stardom, in the duo Platinum Weird with Eurythmic Dave Stewart, didn't really take off, but her credentials as a hitmaker for others are solid, at least.

We're already hearing from Idol producers that a fourth judge creates a dynamic on Idol shows in other countries that's missing here, and that the gender imbalance at the judging table will now be rectified. I wonder whether that means DioGuardi will be just another sympathetic shoulder for the contestants when Simon and Randy are mean to them. I also wonder whether DioGuardi is being groomed as an eventual replacement for Paula, with her introduction this year as a face-saving way to ease Paula out gracefully.

I'm not sure the show really needs a fourth judge, someone whose comments will only cut into the already too-short performance segments. I don't think Idol singers or voters at home need more guidance; the contestants need more singing time than 90 seconds per tune, so that we can better evaluate their performances ourselves. Rather than more advice, they need better advice, but at least DioGuardi has some practical experience in that department.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/idol-dioguardi.html

charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   August 25th 2008, 1:12 pm

How in the world are they going to have time to fit in a 4th judge. Shocked

I heard on GMA this morning that Dancing with the Stars are having 3 shows a week this season...
Something is going to have to give around my house...We really don't watch a lot
of tv but guess that's going to change this Fall.
Gracious!! Amazing Race, Survivor, AI, DWTS..then add on Grays Anatomy and Lost.
Than there's football..I can do without most of the FB teams, but Papa can't.
I'm going to be swimming in TV programs this Fall and Winter.

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   August 25th 2008, 10:01 pm

aTmMom wrote:

David Cook - you lucky person. Sounds like a lot of fun. clap
Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 7th 2008, 6:00 pm

I went to two shows in Dallas and Kansas City here are my stories!

Jason started to sign my poster and saw that it was a David Archuleta poster and as he was signing it he started to sing CRUSH! He was like "Do you ever think when you're all alone all that we could be" I started laughing so hard and then started to sing along with him. I asked Jason if he was excited to be back home in Dallas. "I am so excited to be here I have been waiting for this day all summer. "I was like ya so have I"!!!! LOL then David was coming around the corner and I started screaming I love you David. Then Jason and Cook started like teasing Archie about his fans going crazy and you could totally tell that Archie was getting embarrassed. Archie started laughing and then said "You guys stop" haha

Then Archie was taking awhile because he had alot of fans there so Cook came over to us next and he went to sign in the heart on my poster and then he covered it and was like oh wait no I cant sign here and he covered it up with his hands and said this is a VERY speacial place haha it was so cute. Then after he signed my poster he wrote right by the heart "Archie sign here" it was so cute =)! Then I told Cook that I was going to the concert this Saturday in Kansas City. He got all excited and was like "Really? WHY" Then I told him that I use to live here and he said that was awesome.

FINALLY ARCHIE got to me. He is soooooo cute and person like seriously. LOL he is so funny. When he got over to me he was just hugging a girl and he had a piece of hair in his mouth. He was like ewww I have some girls hair in my mouth. "That's gross ewwww that's really gross *****throws hair on groun**** That was disgusting. Anyways hi how are you"(lol that was hilarious). He was starting to sign my poster like just anywhere on the poster and I was like David can you sign in the heart. He was like "Oh yeah sorry" Then I showed him what Cook wrote and he started laughing and he said "He's wierd" I was like David I know you probably here this a million times a day and now you are going to here it a million a one. Then I was like I love you so MUCH. "He started laughing and was like awww thanks" I was like David I love your laugh and he was like "Awww I have a stupid laugh" I was like "No you dont you have an awesome laugh. I also told David that Archuletafans.com loves him and he said "awwwwww thanks so much if you get a chance will you tell them I apprieciate all of there support" "I said of course I will"!!!! I also told him that I am excited to see his music video fro crush. He said "Awww thanks it was a lot of fun to do and I just cant wait for you guys to see it" I asked if I could get a picture with him really fast and he was like "Oh yeah sure" After my mom took the picture he asked me what my name was and I said Amanda and he shook my hand and said "awww it was really nice to meet you Amanda" I asked him if I could have a hug really fast and he said "I dont want to get you sick sorry" I was like oh its okay thank you so much.

The concert was amazing all of the idos did really good. But my all time fav idos if I had to pick were Archie,Cook, and Carly they did so good. When Archie came out the crowd went wild. Everyone was standing on there feet for his whole set. Then after he sang Stand by me. The ccrowd just went nuts after everything he said they would get louder and louder Archie said "Im surprised you guys still have energy left after Jason thank you guys so much awwww thank you this is awesome" Today was also like a really hard day for me because today before the concert my older sister was rushed to the hospital so she couldnt go and when he sang when you say love me I started balling it was so emotional and so beautiful by far one of my fav performances. When David sang Angels everyone was signing along with him and it was totally awesome. Appoligize was just amazing gosh that boy has great vocals even when he is sick. Stand by me was a lot of fun and again the whole crowd was singing along with him and he loved it.

After the concert I got to see David again and I asked him if he remembered me and he said that he did I told him that he did so amazing tonight and he said awww thats really sweet thank you. I told David that I hopes he feels better soon and he said "awwww thanks so do I". I told him that I would see him in Kansas City and I asked Jeff if he could sign my poster and he did. Jeff is so sweet and nice. I told him that David is amazing and he laughed and said thanks.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 7th 2008, 6:35 pm

David Archuleta's new amazing music video GAH!!!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2210

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 7th 2008, 6:55 pm

Thanks for sharing, Amanda. It must have been fun.

ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 7th 2008, 9:16 pm

Amanda09

How great to meet David Archeletta!! Sounds like he is a sweet kid.

Where are the pictures of David Cook? J/K kinda

Did they have a signing or were you at the right place at the right time?

I am happy for you and thanks for sharing.

Cool

Last edited by ndd123 on September 7th 2008, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 7th 2008, 11:03 pm

They have a signing before and after the show at all of the venues... So it was pretty awesome. He is like the sweetest person ever. He is so personable and takes time to talk with all of his fans and doesnt rush your time with him. Its better before the show though because after the show it is more rushed because they have to get back on the buses

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 7th 2008, 11:10 pm

Thanks for sharing Amanda. I'm glad you had a great time. Hope your sister's okay!

charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   September 8th 2008, 5:32 am

Amanda I can just feel the excitement bubbling over from your message.Very Happy
What a great experience you have had...meeting someone you are such a fan of.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Yep...that Archie is a cutie.Very Happy

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
jsgill270
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   October 22nd 2008, 7:12 am

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/10/david-cook-vide.html

heres a article on David Cooks new band!! I dont know how to post the picture that is with it, if anyone wants to post it here, go ahead! The band is really cute, just like David! his cd is out 11-18 and he will be on SNL on the 1st!! I cant wait to see him!
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   October 22nd 2008, 11:40 am

ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   October 22nd 2008, 10:29 pm

Woo Hoo David Cook.... Yes, please!!!
Back to top Go down
Dismom

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 11:10 am

JaneDoe wrote:

I love Cook and all of the boys in his band, but this is the goofiest picture ever! Only Andy Skib (the dark haired one in front) looks good.

Andy played a show with Jason Castro over Thanksgiving weekend in Tulsa at the new Flytrap music hall. The videos are on youtube - check 'em out! You might find Andy's under To Have Heroes.
Back to top Go down
Dismom

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 11:12 am

New video of jason castro, from Iamsecond.com

http://www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Jason_Castro/
Back to top Go down
Dismom

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 12:01 pm

Please don't ban me for triple posting, but I just stumbled across the strangest BB/American Idol thing. It's a will & janelle tribute video set to music by MWK/midwest kings. Two of David Cook's bandmates are the heart of MWK - Andy Skib as the singer and Neal Tiemann as the main songwriter/guitarist. DCook himself was in the band for a while playing guitar.

ETA: Taz herself made a Nick/Dani video to David Cook's The Truth from his Analog Heart CD! So strange to me that there is this connection.

this is the MWK one, fairweather friend
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 1:42 pm

I enjoyed that. big cry
Back to top Go down
aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 2:48 pm

Dismom wrote:
New video of jason castro, from Iamsecond.com

[url=http://www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Jason_Castro/
http://www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Jason_Castro/[/quote[/url]]

That was very touching and I too enjoyed it very much! There was something about Jason that compelled me to watch him on AI and I can't wait for a CD from him, I still listen to the songs I downloaded from I-tunes. I have high hopes that since we both live in the same state that maybe he will be playing some dates near me soon.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 3:14 pm

Moody wrote:
I enjoyed that. big cry

I did too. Oh what a summer...
Back to top Go down
Dismom

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 3:54 pm

LOL. Watch Jason, not just Will & Janelle. Jason's video will probably make you cry too. He's a very special 21 year old.

aTmmom, there are mp3s available from Jason's show last week. I'd be happy to share them with you (or anyone) if you'd like. Also I think the venue will have video up eventually http://flytrapmusichall.com/
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   December 3rd 2008, 4:27 pm

Thanks Dismom! Awwwwwww the memories!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   

Back to top Go down