Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 7:58 am

Sounds like anxiety and panic attacks to me.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 8:15 am

Oh poor David. That stress must be awful.

I think the reason Simon was such a bitch last night was because he hated the songs but couldn't say anything cuz he would have offended Dolly so just took it out on the performers.
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 8:41 am

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Lori. It wasn't that long ago that Simon made a crack about one of the contestants, saying they sounded too Dolly Parton-ish. Then, when I saw she was on last, night, I just had to grin . . .

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 9:51 am

If I recall correctly, in the past Simon has always hated country night, even though he claimed he liked country last night. I call B.S. on that.
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 10:43 am

That's probably the Brit in him showing.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2106

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 5:09 pm

Who did you guys think of David's new haircut?

I like it!

Lori

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 2nd 2008, 6:31 pm

I like it too. A vast improvement, imho.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 8th 2008, 7:20 pm

Michael Johns - Simon said exactly what i've been saying about Michael Johns. He's not a rocker, he's imitating one. There's just something really inauthentic about him. Even his mannerisms when he sing seem very calculated and fake.

Syesha - WTH was she thinking???? You don't sing a song an Idol sang when they won! And Fantasia of all ppl. doh

jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 8th 2008, 11:39 pm

I love David Archuleta and Jason tonight. I also thought Kristy did a great job with the Martina McBride song.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 1:54 am

JaneDoe wrote:
Michael Johns - Simon said exactly what i've been saying about Michael Johns. He's not a rocker, he's imitating one. There's just something really inauthentic about him. Even his mannerisms when he sing seem very calculated and fake.

I don't agree. I've seen quite a few things on Youtube of his pre-Idol work that have convinced me that he is well able to be a convincing rocker. Personally, I don' t have an issue with his performance style on the show, but maybe the issue is having to do covers versus his own material? I think the judges have just decided what box they want him in and will try and reprimand him until he conforms to their vision.
Back to top Go down
Dismom

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 10:25 am

I like when Michael sings that kind of song. I do agree that the powers that be have their own vision for the show and try to get the performers to fit in.

It seems that way for Jason. They don't want him to win. He always has to go early. Simon was critical on the show last week and then Randy said some nasty thing on Larry King. I'm not sure what made Simon change his mind this week, but it's good because I love Jason. clap

This week seemed like a big FU to the whole show - if you don't like me, fine, but I'm playing the ukulele!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 10:38 am

I like Jason. He has his own style and I find it engaging.

What amazed me was during his performance I thought to myself "they're going to rip him apart." Surprise, Surprise! They liked it. Ahhhh hello, what was sooooooooo different this week from last? I swear the judges are nut cases!

I thought Kristy did a good job this week. I like Brooke and I think she performs solidly each week. Will she win? No but I enjoy her every week. I liked Michael Johns this week but did not care for David C this week at all (and I LOVE him).

While I think David A is quite talented, I find him a bit boring.
Back to top Go down
aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 817

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 11:32 am

What did Randy say on Larry King? Was it about Jason? I love Jason, and Lori I agree David C. - not so good tonight- but I still love him!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35502
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 11:57 am

I just can't get into David A. Something about him and his voice just isn't connecting with me. Also....damn, forgot her name..the Irish gal.

David Cook is still tops with me. Jason Castro and Michael Johns tied for second. LOL - I thought the girls would be stronger this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 12:18 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
LOL - I thought the girls would be stronger this year.

I am beginning to think it will be an all male top 4. David Archuleta is popular and will definately make the top 4 if not win it all. I think Jason Castro, David Cook, and Michael Johns are all better than any of the girls and more popular as well.

So it probably is all a matter of what order the girls will go in before he get down to the battle of the guys. Kristy Lee probably saved herself this week while Carly put herself in jeopardy. My prediction for tonight is that Carly, Syesha, and Brooke will be bottom three. Syesha will probably go home.

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 12:30 pm

jfan wrote:
My prediction for tonight is that Carly, Syesha, and Brooke will be bottom three. Syesha will probably go home.

I think you're right Very Happy not sure who will be eliminated though.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 4:22 pm

Reminder: They're doing the elimination show on Thursday. Tonight is the special Idol Gives Back. Early air time too at 6:30 CST

Dismom

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 4:43 pm

aTmMom wrote:
What did Randy say on Larry King? Was it about Jason? I love Jason, and Lori I agree David C. - not so good tonight- but I still love him!
He said he wouldn't sign him (Jason), and that he might go home this week.

Jason is hot. I wish he'd dress to show it off more.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 5:39 pm

Randy has been an idiot the whole season. His negative criticisms are as bad as Paula's ramblings...he offers them very little constructive info in his "I'm not feeling it, it was okay, not your best, it was pitchy", blah, blah, blah! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 6:00 pm

Lori wrote:
Randy has been an idiot the whole season. His negative criticisms are as bad as Paula's ramblings...he offers them very little constructive info in his "I'm not feeling it, it was okay, not your best, it was pitchy", blah, blah, blah! Evil or Very Mad

No kidding. no way Jason is going home. I think dialidol has him as for sure safe.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 9th 2008, 6:55 pm

Uh....why is Terri Hatcher singing on Idol? scratch

ETA: Is that the guy from House playing the fiddle?!?

Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 8:26 pm

I'm surprised! Of course I never vote, so I guess I can't say much. I didn't think Michael would win, but I sure didn't think he would go this soon.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 8:36 pm

I wasn't a fan but i was really surprised too. I was hoping Carly would go this week.

Lori

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 8:49 pm

I was shocked. I thought it would be Sayesha (sp?).

Maybe I heard wrong but did Ryan say something to the effect that last year during Idol gives back they did not eliminate anyone and then goes on to say Michael was eliminated. If I heard right that was mean, mean, mean. I thought for sure he was going to tell him he too was safe.
Back to top Go down
Seba
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 9:05 pm

I wasn't shocked because I have a bit of a pessimistic side, but I am very disappointed. This was the first time since season one, I was a Kelly Clarkson fan, that I really got invested in a contestant. That's not to say I really thought he'd win, but I was hoping Michael would make top 5, and I actually voted for him, which again, I haven't done since season one. It's also a big bummer because I'm not sure what kind of chance he has at a recording contract, at least with decent promotion involved, going out this early. One good thing is that he had an amazing sing out, one of the more memorable I've seen on the show. Perhaps, he has a shot at a recording future. I'll cross my fingers.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 9:29 pm

Seba wrote:
I wasn't shocked because I have a bit of a pessimistic side, but I am very disappointed. This was the first time since season one, I was a Kelly Clarkson fan, that I really got invested in a contestant. That's not to say I really thought he'd win, but I was hoping Michael would make top 5, and I actually voted for him, which again, I haven't done since season one. It's also a big bummer because I'm not sure what kind of chance he has at a recording contract, at least with decent promotion involved, going out this early. One good thing is that he had an amazing sing out, one of the more memorable I've seen on the show. Perhaps, he has a shot at a recording future. I'll cross my fingers.

He had a recording past and was not successful. This combined with being voted out so early doesn't bode well for his future.

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 10:23 pm

Thanks for bursting my bubble. Razz I will say that I don't think his recording past is that big of a factor. He was signed to a vanity label that dropped the band the week before their debut cd was released. Yes, he's been in a few bands, but I don't think that's a black mark imo. Who knows, if Bucky from season whatever can get a deal then perhaps MJ can as well.
Back to top Go down
breezy
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 10th 2008, 10:40 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I'm surprised! Of course I never vote, so I guess I can't say much. I didn't think Michael would win, but I sure didn't think he would go this soon.

Ditto ~ and I never vote either
Back to top Go down
FLGAL
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 11th 2008, 8:56 am

Seba wrote:
Thanks for bursting my bubble. Razz I will say that I don't think his recording past is that big of a factor. He was signed to a vanity label that dropped the band the week before their debut cd was released. Yes, he's been in a few bands, but I don't think that's a black mark imo. Who knows, if Bucky from season whatever can get a deal then perhaps MJ can as well.

I think he will get signed with a label, he has a more current sound than some of the remaining idols. I like Brooke, but she would be hard to market as well as Carly, and Sayesha.

Eta All the judges seemed really impressed by him & spent time talking to him as the show was going off the air, he may receive help from one of them. I 'm surprised he was booted so soon, because some of the others left aren't nearly as talented.
Back to top Go down
Katie Marie
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 394

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 14th 2008, 1:15 pm

I really like this season of AI. I'm still watching it, and I like a lot of the contestants. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

~There are 6 billion of us. We don't always agree, but for a few shining weeks, we set it all aside. We come together. We forget all the things that make us different and remember all the things that make us the same. One World. One Dream. Beijing 2008~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/katie_marie_km
Dismom

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 7:14 am

I think I have a problem. I've been reading the Idol forums a lot. Well, not so much reading as looking at pictures of Jason Castro. bad girl
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 7:28 am

Dismom wrote:
I think I have a problem. I've been reading the Idol forums a lot. Well, not so much reading as looking at pictures of Jason Castro. bad girl

LOL. He's a cutie, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 1:50 pm

Quote :
David Cook’s Ailing Brother Will Attend Idol ShowsAmerican Idol contestant David Cook will have a very special guest in the audience Tuesday and Wednesday night — his brother Adam Cook. Adam, 36, is suffering from brain cancer.

A FOX spokesperson declined to comment, however a source close to the show confirms to PEOPLE that Adam will indeed be at the studio when his brother and the other top six Idol contestants perform songs from Mariah Carey’s catalogue.

Doctors initially told Adam, who lives Indiana, his condition was too delicate for him to fly commercially. But as news spread of Adam’s health and sadness over not being able to see David perform, friends rallied and were able to get him and his wife a chartered medical jet (and medical staff), as well as a hotel room during his trip.

According to a report from the Terre Haute News, Adam’s doctors gave him the go ahead to fly to Los Angeles with his wife, Kendra, to see David perform. The Board of Directors at Clarian Health in Indianapolis are paying for the medic, nurse and Leer jet transportation while a local Terre Haute radio station is paying for the Cooks’ hotel stay.

Kendra Cook told the paper that the week prior to learning about the trip, her husband had been in bed and not feeling well for “several days in a row,” but after learning of the trip, he seemed to be feeling better.

“The excitement of seeing his spirits lifted so high has been wonderful,” she said.

Adam and Kendra plan to attend the Idol shows with a medic and a nurse.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/04/14/david-cooks-ailing-brother-will-attend-idol-shows/

Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 1:57 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Dismom wrote:

LOL. He's a cutie, no doubt about it.

He reminds me of John Travolta (Grease era) with dreads.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 2:13 pm

Quote :
David Cook’s Ailing Brother Will Attend Idol ShowsAmerican Idol contestant David Cook will have a very special guest in the audience Tuesday and Wednesday night — his brother Adam Cook. Adam, 36, is suffering from brain cancer.

A FOX spokesperson declined to comment, however a source close to the show confirms to PEOPLE that Adam will indeed be at the studio when his brother and the other top six Idol contestants perform songs from Mariah Carey’s catalogue.

Doctors initially told Adam, who lives Indiana, his condition was too delicate for him to fly commercially. But as news spread of Adam’s health and sadness over not being able to see David perform, friends rallied and were able to get him and his wife a chartered medical jet (and medical staff), as well as a hotel room during his trip.

According to a report from the Terre Haute News, Adam’s doctors gave him the go ahead to fly to Los Angeles with his wife, Kendra, to see David perform. The Board of Directors at Clarian Health in Indianapolis are paying for the medic, nurse and Leer jet transportation while a local Terre Haute radio station is paying for the Cooks’ hotel stay.

Kendra Cook told the paper that the week prior to learning about the trip, her husband had been in bed and not feeling well for “several days in a row,” but after learning of the trip, he seemed to be feeling better.

“The excitement of seeing his spirits lifted so high has been wonderful,” she said.

Adam and Kendra plan to attend the Idol shows with a medic and a nurse.

I feel some tears are going to flow... probably mine.

Last edited by NancyB (admin) on April 15th 2008, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 2:13 pm

This is from the last AI...A local high school is having MTV at their prom. It is a show about a celebrity getting to do something they missed out on due to their careers. Rumor is that Jordin Sparks will be there as a date for the captain of the basketball team.

JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 4:46 pm

Carrie Underwood performing All-American Girl at CMT awards

I don't think i've ever seen Carrie have a bad performance, and that's the good thing about AI. You know that whoever wins will be able to perform and sound good live, whereas some singers will sound great on the record or radio but when they perform live (no lip synching) they suck.

JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 7:07 pm

I <3 Mariah songs.

JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 7:42 pm

None of these girls have the chops to do Mariah 🇳🇴

JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   April 15th 2008, 8:16 pm

David-David finale???

Guys did way better than the girls tonight.
Bottom 3: Carly, Syesha, Kristy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   

Back to top Go down

American Idol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: