marinewife08
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:15 pm

blondie55 wrote:
marinewife08 wrote:

It was the perfect choice for us! I'm so excited for you! are you wearing a veil with your dress? some do and some don't. Mine was a low veil. do you guys have a big bridal party?

I haven't decided on a veil yet. If I do I think it'll be long but simple, and never in front of my face.

That's what I did Smile. and I loved it because it was pretty but never in my face and annoying!

A quote my husband wrote in a card to me during my battle with cancer (that made me bawl my eyes out)- "When I was growing up, I wanted to be a Spartan Warrior. I never would have guessed my wife would become one before me."
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:16 pm

Gracie wrote:
marinewife08 wrote:
One piece of advice I have is make damn sure you have a GOOD photographer. Even if you have to pay a little extra, it's worth it. That's one regret I have Sad. The pictures are the best! and also, I recommend doing a "trash the dress" photo shoot Smile. it's so much fun!

Is Philip Alan available?!!!!!?

I agree with marinewife. My photographer was awful and so were my pictures. They are stuffed away in a box somewhere because I don't even like to look at them.

That is what I was thinking!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:17 pm

marinewife08 wrote:
One piece of advice I have is make damn sure you have a GOOD photographer. Even if you have to pay a little extra, it's worth it. That's one regret I have Sad. The pictures are the best! and also, I recommend doing a "trash the dress" photo shoot Smile. it's so much fun!

I've heard that from a lot of people, so I was picky in picking the photographer. I think the lady we decided on will be great!

What's a trash the dress photo shoot?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:18 pm

speedy0103 wrote:
Lot's of pictures!!!! Have we discussed shoes yet?

To the dismay of my sisters, I'm wearing a pair of really pretty pink flats. (They're all in a fit because I wont wear heals).

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:18 pm

Kimmie wrote:
blondi, where do you live?

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Smile

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:19 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Kimmie wrote:
blondi, where do you live?

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Smile

Oh! That's a little far for TRD!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
marinewife08
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:22 pm

blondie55 wrote:
marinewife08 wrote:

I've heard that from a lot of people, so I was picky in picking the photographer. I think the lady we decided on will be great!

What's a trash the dress photo shoot?

Trash the dress is what you do AFTER the wedding. I did mine like three months after, and you put on your dress again and do funny things like go in the water in it, get dirty in it, paint on it, etc. I knew I wasn't going to need mine again so I had fun and did it. Some people like to save their wedding dresses, but I knew I wouldn't because I didn't want to be "THAT" mother that made my kids wear the same dress. lol. and I also don't plan on getting married again (i guess Wink ). Some brides don't use their actual wedding dress, but they find like a white one that's cheaper and it looks like they did a trash the dress. we entered mine into a contest and won $200! and our stupid computer crashed last year so I lost all the pics of that session Sad. otherwise i'd show you!

A quote my husband wrote in a card to me during my battle with cancer (that made me bawl my eyes out)- "When I was growing up, I wanted to be a Spartan Warrior. I never would have guessed my wife would become one before me."

Last edited by marinewife08 on July 14th 2011, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:23 pm

aww my mom had her 4 sisters as bridesmaids too.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 7:24 pm

blondie55 wrote:
speedy0103 wrote:

To the dismay of my sisters, I'm wearing a pair of really pretty pink flats. (They're all in a fit because I wont wear heals).

Smart girl! You'll be comfortable!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 14th 2011, 8:17 pm

blondie your dress is beautiful,

i can't even think of all my songs:

father/daughter dance: my dad picked "The Way You Look Tonight" he always sang that to me when i was young
our last dance, we we did 2: fist we had every one come up on the dance floor and form a circle and we played "I Hope You Had The Time Of Your Lfe" and we kind of sang to them all and turned it into a big dance and then went into "Into The Mystic"

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 15th 2011, 2:46 pm

blondie, what are you doing for you bach party? are you guys going on a honeymoon?
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 15th 2011, 7:44 pm

Blondie, I love love love your dress. So beautiful.. Will you wear a choker like the model has on, wear nothing, or wear a pretty necklace?

Last edited by Gail on July 15th 2011, 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stones
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1045
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 15th 2011, 8:01 pm

Wendi wrote:
blondie55 wrote:

And here's a pic of the dress:

GORGEOUS!

That is a beautiful dress! I love all of the choices you have made so far. It will be a beautiful wedding.
I assume we are all invited! JK
Back to top Go down
marinewife08
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 25th 2011, 11:54 pm

Bumping this thread! I LOVE weddings!

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 26th 2011, 12:47 am

What a gorgeous dress!!! Good luck with all your preparations.
I love weddings too! I love looking at wedding dresses. Last summer I had my nephew's wedding to look forward to. My cousin in FL is getting married in late August but
I won't be able to attend. Please post pics after!
Back to top Go down
TDotMI
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 26th 2011, 1:15 am

oh my goodness, how did I miss this thread???? Blondie, I am so excited for you!

Love your dress! I can't wait to hear all about your big day and hopefully see some pictures.

My wedding song was For you I will by Monica and the last song of the night was The time of my life from Dirty Dancing. Don't really remember the other ones.

I wish I can have a wedding re-do because I think I would change just about everything about it.. well maybe I would have the same cake Smile
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   July 26th 2011, 10:59 am

blondie55 wrote:
speedy0103 wrote:

My youngest wore ballet flats. She had an autumn wedding, was married outside. The bridesmaids wore deep jewel tones, she wore cream with a plum/purple sash. Her first pair of shoes were dyed to match the sash but whatever they used smelled to high heaven. She ended up wearing a pair of satin bronze ballet flats. Perfect!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 16th 2011, 10:32 pm

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Is anyone down this far with me?

since there is a bit of a lull in the feeds, blondie how is the planning coming??
picked your songs?
how are you feeling, the day is getting here so fast? what's the exact date again?
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 17th 2011, 10:11 pm

bergen wrote:

since there is a bit of a lull in the feeds, blondie how is the planning coming??
picked your songs?
how are you feeling, the day is getting here so fast? what's the exact date again?

We have finalized all the songs, these decision's are way harder than I thought they be. We went with:

First Song: Love of My Life by Jim Brickman
Father/Daughter: You Raise Me Up by Celtic Women
Son/Mother: Hey Jude by the Beatles (His moms favorite song, and her name was Judy)
Cake cutting: Marry You by Bruno Mars
Last Song: Amanda by Boston (totally pretentious, which is exactly why I chose it Smile )

I'm feeling okay. I keep having weird nightmares though lol. Last night I dreamed that I didn't have a wedding dress or flowergirl dresses. I woke up in a panic. The day is coming super fast. I'm happy with the progress I've made so far though. Just a couple more appointments to go, and I need to make the seating chart. I started it, but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. One side of me wants to put exes at the same table cause it would be funny, but the side knows it would just be mean.

The exact date is September 10th. 24 days away!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 17th 2011, 10:42 pm

blondie55 wrote:
bergen wrote:

picked your songs?

We have finalized all the songs, these decision's are way harder than I thought they be. We went with:

Son/Mother: Hey Jude by the Beatles (His moms favorite song, and her name was Judy)
Last Song: Amanda by Boston (totally pretentious, which is exactly why I chose it Smile )

I'm feeling okay. I keep having weird nightmares though lol. Last night I dreamed that I didn't have a wedding dress or flowergirl dresses. I woke up in a panic. The day is coming super fast. I'm happy with the progress I've made so far though. Just a couple more appointments to go, and I need to make the seating chart. I started it, but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. One side of me wants to put exes at the same table cause it would be funny, but the side knows it would just be mean.

great song choices!!!!!!!!!
and even though my wedding was 7 years ago i feel your pain. the nightmares are unfortuante, i had so many, and the seating chart, i think i worked on that up until the day of. Everything really does work out in the end and the day turns out so awesome!
does having BB help or make it harder?
can't wait to see pics!
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 17th 2011, 10:47 pm

bergen wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
bergen wrote:

picked your songs?

and even though my wedding was 7 years ago i feel your pain. the nightmares are unfortuante, i had so many, and the seating chart, i think i worked on that up until the day of. Everything really does work out in the end and the day turns out so awesome!
can't wait to see pics!

Having BB totally helps! I'm organized by nature, so everything is getting done. But when I really don't feel like doing wedding stuff I have the feeds. And on the flip side, I get a lot of wedding stuff done because I can't stomach Brenchel on all four feeds. Smile

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 17th 2011, 11:58 pm

blondie55 wrote:
bergen wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
bergen wrote:

picked your songs?

can't wait to see pics!

Having BB totally helps! I'm organized by nature, so everything is getting done. But when I really don't feel like doing wedding stuff I have the feeds. And on the flip side, I get a lot of wedding stuff done because I can't stomach Brenchel on all four feeds. Smile

About the only positive I can't think of for having Brendon in that house. lol!

Love the song choices! bravo

Three weeks is so close! Very excited for you!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 4:49 am

Thanks Blondie, I love hearing that it is all going well and I love your song choices. It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful wedding.
Woo Hoo
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 5:23 am

Great song choices....especially Amanda - not pretentious at all!!

Weddings are so complicated these days. When we got married the guests sat wherever hell they wanted, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 6:51 am

Sounds like a win/win situation Blondie! I'm impressed with your juggling so many things. I bet you're awesome at your job!
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 7:20 am

Blondie, I know it will be a beautiful wedding! (I love the thought of exes together, lol)
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 11:06 am

LOL at the seating chart with exes sitting together that wouldn't be awwwkward or anything. I love it!!

We didn't have a seating chart people sat where they wanted with the exception of our parents and grandparents.

At the last few weddings I have been to there have been seating assignments. They have all been for my cousins so my cousins and our spouses/dates have all sat together. And then all the aunts and uncles at the other table. This last one though had me with my mom and my uncle and cousins from out of state.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 11:39 am

I was thinking that Blondie meant seating chart for the reception, but I could totally be so off base. I got married 31 years ago next month, so what do I know. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 1:35 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
I was thinking that Blondie meant seating chart for the reception, but I could totally be so off base. I got married 31 years ago next month, so what do I know. Smile

Yes that is what she's talking about....well I would assume so.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 4:34 pm

Mappy wrote:
Sounds like a win/win situation Blondie! I'm impressed with your juggling so many things. I bet you're awesome at your job!

Thanks!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 4:35 pm

Lori wrote:
Great song choices....especially Amanda - not pretentious at all!!

Weddings are so complicated these days. When we got married the guests sat wherever hell they wanted, lol.

I would love to let people sit where ever. But then I would feel bad if couples who came late couldn't sit together, etc.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 18th 2011, 4:38 pm

lovin wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:

Yes that is what she's talking about....well I would assume so.

Yup, I definitely meant for the reception. Although we do have a seating arrangement for the ceremony too... basically NO bride side and groom side. The ushers know that people need to be even distributed on both sides. If we stuck to tradition on that one I'd look like a loser. All of my grandparents are dead, my mom is an only child, and my dad has one sister who has one daughter. My fiance's family on the other hand is huge.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 6:58 pm

ARRRG That is all.

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 7:01 pm

blondie55 wrote:
ARRRG That is all.

Whassamatter Blondie? Wedding prep troubles? Hope it isn't anything serious.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 7:09 pm

Mappy wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
ARRRG That is all.

lol! nope just being dramatic. I needed a little vent and the fiance is tired of hearing about it.

The dress shop ordered the wrong size bridesmaids dresses and just decided to omit the flower girl dresses all together. So now instead of getting a size 4 and a size 8, we have a size 10 (in the wrong color) and a size 16.

And I have to now run around town tomorrow looking for flower girl dresses.

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 7:14 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Mappy wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
ARRRG That is all.

lol! nope just being dramatic. I needed a little vent and the fiance is tired of hearing about it.

The dress shop ordered the wrong size bridesmaids dresses and just decided to omit the flower girl dresses all together. So now instead of getting a size 4 and a size 8, we have a size 10 (in the wrong color) and a size 16.

WTF that's a nightmare...how could they have ordered the wrong color. Are they going to re-order? Will the be in on time? Crazy days ahead but try to stay calm. Do what you have to do and take a deep breath. It will all work out. You'll see.

Flowergirl dresses. There are some beautiful off the rack dresses that would work. Even Ffirst Communion dresses. I've seen girls wearing long ones too. Just a thought.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 7:21 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Mappy wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
ARRRG That is all.

Stay calm sweetie, they should be able to order you the correct sizes and get them here before next week can't they? I'd be killing them, want me to make some phone calls.?? I had to do that with my cousins wedding because the one bridesmaids dress was never altered. They had that sucker done on the day of the wedding for sure!

Mappy is right about first communion dresses they are super cute and you can buy them off the rack. How in the hell could they mess that shit up?
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 7:37 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Mappy wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
ARRRG That is all.

WTF Stay calm.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 8:18 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Mappy wrote:
blondie55 wrote:
ARRRG That is all.

Hang in there, Blondie, the problems always works out...but I do understand your stress!!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   August 31st 2011, 9:14 pm

You're going to have a wonderful wedding blondie, even with the little problems that have popped up.

PostSubject: Re: Weddings!!   

Back to top Go down

Weddings!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: