AuthorMessage
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:09 am

jengalives wrote:
Jeff's cousin Anthony (antmuggs), who I'm pretty sure is gay, has been tweeting a lot and defending Jeff. He is upset people are calling Jeff homophobic and says Jeff has always supported him.

Yes he is gay.

And to answer the other question. Jeff's brother Scott thanked someone for their support and also tweeted asking for positive thoughts for Jeff and Jordan in the HOH comp. tonight.
Back to top Go down
karenkns
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:10 am

CBS said they weren't going to address it on the show.

Feel better Jess!
Peaches wrote:
http://glaadblog.org/2011/07/13/cbs-response-to-big-brother-incident-is-inadequate/

Go to the link for the entire response. This is just a small part.

Quote :
GLAAD had the opportunity to meet with CBS in June to discuss their already shaky track record in regard to LGBT representation on their scripted programming. During that meeting, the network expressed their previously stated intention to improve their programming in this regard, and they can certainly demonstrate that intention by never including Jeff Schroeder on another of their reality programs.

This is exactly why CBS released that statement. Distancing themselves and Jeff's a liability against a GLAAD backlash against the network.
Back to top Go down
ripley

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:11 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
you will have to go to some other site to
defend the content of what he said. Perhaps WestboroBaptist still has their website up, it was called godhatesfags.com
They are just getting back from picketing Betty Ford's funeral.

did a little spit take on this post...officially my favorite reply on this topic.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:14 am

I don't know who is more of a bully GLAAD or PETA. Shame on them.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2719
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:23 am

Frankly, this BB appearance was gonna be Jeff's last kick at the TV can anyway, so any fallout from his stupidity will be minimal as it concerns his future TV viability.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9195
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:28 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Wendi wrote:
To answer the question above - lock him up and throw away the key for he has sinned.

This is making me sick to my stomach. I need a distraction.

Me too Wendi, me too

i went to bed early last night, thinking it would all be over this morning.
Back to top Go down
PatriciaZ
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 11:41 am

I am not defending Jeff in ANY way, shape, or form. What he said was ignorant but I still think he is a fun player to watch (even if he plays terrible). I just see so many double standards when you compare Homophobic statements and statements that encourage violence against women or contestants that are degrading against women. IE...ED. That was funny to some and Jen deserved it. Yes, I know, wash, rinse, repeat, but it is how I see it and ED will always "be a part of the BB family" according to Grodner. She protected his actions and releases a statement about Jeff. Woman have just as many rights to feel respected as gay people do. I have never understood the way some woman embrace and encourage and defend Ed, but others should be tarred and feathered.

Again, I have NO problems with gay people, it is their right and they should be able to live life anyway they want to and be afforded the same rights as any other people.

I don't appreciate the assumptions made on my questions and being directed to hate sites. Not fair.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 11:51 am

Wendi wrote:
To answer the question above - lock him up and throw away the key for he has sinned.

This is making me sick to my stomach. I need a distraction.

Why? I think he will have to take a big fall when he comes out of the house. I don't think this will be an easy fix, it is too big now. JMO
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 11:52 am

CBS has not tarred and feather Jeff, nor will they. (Other than to distance themselves as a corporation from his remarks) ED was tarred and feathered plenty during and after his season, as was Amber (for her antisemitic remarks), as was Eric (for stating frequently that Dick and Dani were involved in an incestuous relationship) All of them still had fans who supported them, as does Jeff.
We're not comparing stupid remarks by all HGs here ... each stands on its' own. Jeff will be coached on how to respond to questions about the remarks ... apologize ... exhibit remorse ... vow to learn from the experience. (Basic PR stuff)
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:27 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
It's on MSN's main page today.

Wow. I never thought it would get this big. I wonder when CBS will inform him of what is happening and will Julie ask him about it after he is evicted or at the finale?
Back to top Go down
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:35 pm

blondie55 wrote:

You would think organizations like these would teach instead of punish. Obviously not condone ignorance but instead try to teach a lesson and fix incorrect mindsets. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Bolero
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:37 pm

Peaches wrote:
gluedtothepc wrote:
It's on MSN's main page today.

Wow. I never thought it would get this big. I wonder when CBS will inform him of what is happening and will Julie ask him about it after he is evicted or at the finale?
Well, they won't inform him until the timing is right i.e. when he's ready to walk out the door, and maybe not even then.

If you think back to Amber BB8, with her eviction, CBS suddenly pulled the plug on all post eviction interviews. Dustin and Jen both gave interviews, but everyone after did not.

Then the show ended, and everyone but Amber had a lot of interviews. Then, Amber issued a carefully worded statement about her remarks (most likely written by CBS). The rumor at the time was that people were brought in to advise Amber about the climate, and what she was likely to encounter in terms of hostility.

IMO, Julie won't ask the question unless they have briefed Jeff to eat his comments.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:39 pm

PSP: 'Big Brother' star's homophobic 'Potter' rant - 'Big Brother ...

"Big Brother" (meet the Season 13 cast) star Jeff Schroeder, 32, reportedly went on a homophobic rant against the "Harry Potter" series (see which character he targeted ...
o specials.msn.com/A-List/TV/Big-Brother-tars-homophobic-Potter-rant.aspx?cp-documentid=...
o . Cached Page
Jeff Schroeder goes on a homophobic rant about ...

recent stories about Big Brother 13. Jeff Schroeder goes on a homophobic rant about Harry Potter; New kids, all-stars, The Regulators: Big Brother strategy and delusion has ...
o www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_13/2011_Jul_13_jeff_homophobic_rant
o . Cached Page
Big Brother 's Jeff Schroeder Goes on a Homophobic ...

TV.com News Story: Big Brother 's Jeff Schroeder Goes on a Homophobic Rant Against ... Today In TV Scandals: A 'Big Brother' Contestant's Homophobic 'Harry Potter' Rant ...
o www.tv.com/story/26238.html
o . Cached Page
Jeff Schroeder Homophobic Rant Captured on Big ...

Jeff Schroeder was heard going off on a houseguest, Harry Potter and possibly gay people last night in the Big Brother house. Watch the footage of it here.
o www.thehollywoodgossip.com/...schroeder-homophobic-rant-captured-on-big-brother-live-feed
o . Cached Page
Today In TV Scandals: A 'Big Brother' Contestant's ...

Today In TV Scandals: A 'Big Brother' Contestant's Homophobic 'Harry Potter' Rant, Tattoos & a '16 and ... 'Toddlers and Tiaras' Star Eden Wood Retires From ...
o www.aoltv.com/2011/07/13/tv-scandals-jeff-big-brother-dumbledore-gay
o . Cached Page
CBS responds to homophobic comments made in 'Big Brother' house

(On the live feeds, Schroeder – an all-star who returned ... Today In TV Scandals: A 'Big Brother' Contestant's Homophobic 'Harry Potter' Rant, Tattoos & a '16 and Pregnant ...
o www.imdb.com/news/ni12775788
o . Cached Page
'Harry Potter' Sparks Homophobic Rant on 'Big ...

‘Harry Potter’ Sparks Homophobic Rant on ‘Big Brother’ ... If you find yourself in a house with strangers late at ...
o xfinitytv.comcast.net/.../2011/tv-news/harry-potter-sparks-homophobic-rant-on-big-brother
o . Cached Page
Big Brother 13 | Jeff Schroeder | Homophobic Rant ...

Big Brother 13 Jeff Schroeder Goes On Homophobic Rant ... christina aguilera dancing with the stars ... Jeff didn’t know that Harry Potter’s ...
o www.homorazzi.com/article/big-brother...homophobic-rant...gay-harry-potter/comment-page-1
o . Cached Page
'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

'Harry Potter ' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother ' house .. after ... Rant Sports; Right Celebrity; Rolling ... 'Repo Games' Star -- Face Full of ...
o www.tmz.com/.../big-brother-jeff-schroeder-dumbledore-harry-potter-gay-homophobic-attack
o . Cached Page
Jeff from 'Big Brother' rants about Dumbledore's ...

Jeff from 'Big Brother' rants about Dumbledore's ... Professor Dumbledore from the Harry Potter ... this genius, Chris Browns latest homophobic rant, and ...
o popwatch.ew.com/2011/07/13/big-brother-jeff-dumbledore-gay
o . Cached Page
WATCH: “Big Brother” Anti-Gay Rant About ‘Harry Potter ...

Watch YouTube of Big Brother contestant Jeff Schroeder anti-gay rant about Harry Potter character Dumbledore.
o www.gossipcop.com/big-brother-gay-rant-youtube-harry-potter...homophobic-kalia-booker
o . Cached Page
Big Brother 13 Jeff’s Homophobic Rant. Again? | Big Brother 13

... character of Dumbledore from Harry Potter ... the gist of what most are calling a homophobic rant. Plenty of former Big Brother ... or maligned because a reality tv star said ...
o www.ihatebigbrother.com/2011/07/big-brother-13-jeff’s-homophobic-rant-again
o . Cached Page
Jeff Schroeder’s Homophobic Rant On Big Brother 13

Big Brother 13’s contestant Jeff Schroeder went on a homophobic rant in last night ... And the rant was on no one other than Harry Potter’s ... Cano Wins All-Star ...
o carbonatedtv.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/jeff-schroeder’s-homophobic-rant-on-big-brother-13
o . Cached Page
Big Brother’ Star Goes On Gay Rant Over ‘Harry ...

‘Big Brother’ Star Goes On Gay Rant Over ‘Harry Potter’ Film ... ‘Big Brother’ Star Goes On Gay Rant Over ‘Harry Potter’ Film, ... and use homophobic name ...
o usspost.com/big-brother-star-goes-on-gay-rant-over-harry-potter-film-36608
o . Cached Page
Big Brother 13's Jeff Schroeder Homophobic Rant ...

1:39 am - 07/13/2011 Big Brother 13's Jeff Schroeder Homophobic Rant Over Dumbledore ... In the HOH; Jeff says if he's around when Harry Potter is being ...
o ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61027308.html
o . Cached Page

Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:48 pm

CookieCutter123 wrote:
blondie55 wrote:

You would think organizations like these would teach instead of punish. Obviously not condone ignorance but instead try to teach a lesson and fix incorrect mindsets. Just my opinion.

Don't even get me started about this....especially about PETA.
Back to top Go down
Wendi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:57 pm

I wish we could contain this talk in the other thread. I get it, he said something horrible and for those that think he should face the consequences - do a google search - even if it's blown over by the time he leaves the house, Jeff will be devasted when learns of the hell his family and friends had to endure in his abscene due to his stupidity and hot temper. That will be plenty of punishment IMO

This whole thing is ruining the Big Brother experience for me.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:02 pm

Wendi wrote:
I wish we could contain this talk in the other thread. I get it, he said something horrible and for those that think he should face the consequences - do a google search - even if it's blown over by the time he leaves the house, Jeff will be devasted when learns of the hell his family and friends had to endure in his abscene due to his stupidity and hot temper. That will be plenty of punishment IMO

I totally agree. I'm not telling anyone how to post, but I know that people aren't coming around right now because they're afraid to go into any of these threads. Keeping it to the About Jeff's comments thread would be great. JMO.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:04 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Wendi wrote:

I totally agree. I'm not telling anyone how to post, but I know that people aren't coming around right now because they're afraid to go into any of these threads. Keeping it to the About Jeff's comments thread would be great. JMO.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:04 pm

Sorry guys. I was posting more in this thread to keep it here and not the Jeff and Jordan threads.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35417
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:05 pm

afraid? What would people be afraid of?
I do agree it would be nice to let the subject drop now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
CookieCutter123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:06 pm

Agreed! I keep watching the flashback of Shelly and Jordan trying to be ghetto, so funny! I'm thinking when B/R and J/J break apart it will be J/J/S/K vs B/R/D. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:08 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
afraid? What would people be afraid of?
I do agree it would be nice to let the subject drop now.

Afraid that this topic is going to be brought up all the time and ruin their BB experience. I don't want to betray anyone's confidence, but quite a few people are taken a leave of absence from the board. It would be great if we could just drop it.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:09 pm

Peaches wrote:
Sorry guys. I was posting more in this thread to keep it here and not the Jeff and Jordan threads.

No worries. I think people just weren't expecting to read about it here because there was a thread specifically created to talk about it.

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 5:41 pm

PatriciaZ wrote:
I'm just curious.... Jeff's opinions and what he said (which may have come out wrong) have reallllly angered some, what do you want to see happen to him? What is the appropriate punishment? AND is he entitled to have someone defend his actions?
NancyB(admin) wrote:
Perhaps WestboroBaptist still has their website up, it was called godhatesfags.com. They are just getting back from picketing Betty Ford's funeral.

roll on floor laughi roll on floor laughi roll on floor laughi roll on floor laughi

Sorry, I am late to the party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   

Back to top Go down

About Jeff's comments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: