RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:26 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
I didn't see the outburst but in reading what happened I know I won't like it or agree with what he said in any shape or form. However this is a commonly held misconception and stereotype---- that an adult gay male is a danger to male children or the same with a female. Its wrong-- but lots of people think that. It comes from ignorance and the answer is education and experience. If stuff like this could really be impacted on TV (and I think it has before) wow how awesome would that be.

I never had Jeff on a pedestal--- he is very flawed so I know I will still be able to like him even if he f-ed up and it sounds like he did. I hope he and Kalia were able to talk it out and if not, that they will, because I bet she could help him understand this issue better. Jordan isn't a bad person either and she was able to learn some things as well in BB11 about how she had some flaws in thinking about the word "gay" and its mis-uses. Sometimes it just takes meeting that one new person in our world who helps a person to see that what they have come to believe is wrong. People can change and they do!

RR, I am not trying to be rude but your bolded comment has me totally baffled. In all honesty I don't know one single person (in my real life or at this site) that thinks that...nor have I ever met anyone that thought that.

I don't think you are rude at all, and hopefully you understand that the statement you bolded from my post does not represent my beliefs at all, it is one that I have encountered in others and that I try to change in others when I can.

memphisbelle wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Wilde, I work in social services and I have heard trained professionals say similar things. (Not to mention many, many clients.)
You are lucky to know so many people that are so well informed. I live in a very conservative city and I hear all kinds of baffling comments made about people of different races, creeds, and sexual orientations.

THIS is my reality.
Wilde you are lucky. I live in a social services world similar to XU's. The bolded views are wrong and I take the opportunity to offer another view and give education wherever I can, but many many many people think this way (not just my clients but professional co-workers in the healthcare/mental health/social services field as well.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:28 pm

RR, I know you don't think that way...I was just so shocked to see that a lot of people think that. It honestly makes me sick.

Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:31 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
RR, I know you don't think that way...I was just so shocked to see that a lot of people think that. It honestly makes me sick.

Look at how many states have voted to ban gay marriage. Oh, yeah, you're in MA. You guys are hella progressive. I have blue state sensibility in a red state world.

Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:33 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

me too. I try to start with understanding that some people get taught this, then I try to help them experience and learn something different. If I just threw up on all of them as I sometimes feel like, then I would get nowhere LOL Usually my best bet is with children and adolescents but adults can change too and if i didn't believe that I would have to get another job

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:34 pm

I worked at a child care services right out of college. The director was interviewing for a teacher to work with the four year olds. I loved this one guy. He was awesome. The director asked if I thought he was guy. I said "who cares". She said "what would the parents think" "It wouldnt be right" I went home and cried. I quit three weeks later. I was mortified.
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:35 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

me too. I try to start with understanding that some people get taught this, then I try to help them experience and learn something different. If I just threw up on all of them as I sometimes feel like, then I would get nowhere LOL Usually my best bet is with children and adolescents but adults can change too and if i didn't believe that I would have to get another job

Exactly. Really my main job as a social worker is to educate. I don't hate my clients for their beliefs. I just work with them to see things from another perspective and to teach them to communicate more effectively instead of taking their anger out on other people.

Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:37 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

Look at how many states have voted to ban gay marriage. Oh, yeah, you're in MA. You guys are hella progressive. I have blue state sensibility in a red state world.

I live in Oregon. Portland is pretty blue and has its 1st openly gay mayor and they still banned gay marriage here. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Alejules
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:38 pm

I also work in the social services field and I am shocked by some of the beliefs people have and then proceed to share with others, including their children. It amazes me. I think Ragan said it best. Many people are raised/taught to believe things that are not accurate. Most are not bad people, just people who have been given misinformation. I remember when Natalie said something about not being able to be a Dr. if you were gay. Another example of misinformation.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:40 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

Come live with us, Xubaby...we got room.
Seriously, I was never so proud of where I live when it became legal to have same sex marriages!! bravo

I am an Irish Catholic and I don't believe God hates at all...but I do love this saying.
"Our God doesn't hate gays, He hates the man who hates on gays"
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:48 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

Come live with us, Xubaby...we got room.
Seriously, I was never so proud of where I live when it became legal to have same sex marriages!! bravo

I am an Irish Catholic and I don't believe God hates at all...but I do love this saying.
"Our God doesn't hate gays, He hates the man who hates on gays"

lol I like that

I was raised Catholic in a dialectically liberal household in California, but right now I live in the bible belt and I hear that God hates homosexuals fairly often (nothing like that would have EVER been uttered in my Catholic family).
my usual response is to try to say as diplomatically as possible is that the whole point of God is that god does not hate anyone
but i think I like yours better LOLOLOL

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 9:57 pm

RR, Xubaby, Alejules and Hope...I mean this...I have so much respect for what you all do and the inner strength you have to do it. You four duts rule !!

I am way too emotional to do what you all do.
I really wouldn't kick anyone, I have never hit anyone in my whole life...(OK, just once when I was 10 I punched the 12 year old neighborhood bully for pushing my little 5 year old brother down) but I would want to smack a person for being so unloving and cruel towards a fellow human being.
You ladies are truly awesome.

PS...Hope, I hate that you cried...but I love that you quit working for that homophobic boss.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 10:03 pm

I don't want to seem like I have been avoiding this subject, but I have been really sick and was in the hospital all day.

I have a lot of thoughts, but they will have to wait til later.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 10:07 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
I don't want to seem like I have been avoiding this subject, but I have been really sick and was in the hospital all day.

Oh my goodness...the hospital all day??
Not good!
I hope you are feeling better, Jessalyn!

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 10:10 pm

Jessalyn wrote:

Get well soon and take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 10:11 pm

blueeyed wrote:

I think it may have been misconstrued, in that, if it wasn't Kahlil would not have said it was a miscommunication between them when she was speaking to Lawon about it.

Hi Blue!!! I just want to say that your auto-spell is such a wise owl because it turned Kalia into Kahlil clearly meaning Kahlil Gibran one of the wisest most inspiring human beings ever to live!

ETA get well soon Jess

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 10:14 pm

Feel better soon Jessalyn.

Number of posts : 22967

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 13th 2011, 10:17 pm

Jessalyn wrote:

I am so sorry. Are you okay? I hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4511

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:04 am

boots wrote:
Has a reality TV start ever really made something of themselves outside of internet shows?

Actually... yes.. several RWers... & Survivors peeps have. Cant remember the name... but the chick from RW, I think... Jacinda (spelling is probably way off, I just remember the name) & of course The Views Elisabeth. Plus the dude from RW Chicago... who played a character on Days for years... however they recasted back to the original actor & the RW dude has faded. I will say MANY have behind the scenes roles... casting, producing, directing... mostly in a supporting way.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4511

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:15 am

Oowatanite wrote:
Yeah, but I think his good edit tonight is step one of CBS' damage control. And how many DRs did Jeff get about the Dick situation ? Four ? Five ? Poor Dani got screwed by Jeff's domination of the Dick exit. Too bad, really.

Pfft... this show was in the can prior to the comments. And I would be willing to bet most of Thursdays is in the can as well at the time. At best... if... IF... it is addressed it wont be until Sunday... which most of this will be water under the bridge b.c Rachel will do something outrageous to distract do to the loss of control.

***shirtless pics please***
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:30 am

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
ams06
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1855
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:34 am

Has Jeff's brother Scott said anything on twitter?
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 12:38 am

RealityRealmer wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
I didn't see the outburst but in reading what happened I know I won't like it or agree with what he said in any shape or form. However this is a commonly held misconception and stereotype---- that an adult gay male is a danger to male children or the same with a female. Its wrong-- but lots of people think that. It comes from ignorance and the answer is education and experience. If stuff like this could really be impacted on TV (and I think it has before) wow how awesome would that be.

I never had Jeff on a pedestal--- he is very flawed so I know I will still be able to like him even if he f-ed up and it sounds like he did. I hope he and Kalia were able to talk it out and if not, that they will, because I bet she could help him understand this issue better. Jordan isn't a bad person either and she was able to learn some things as well in BB11 about how she had some flaws in thinking about the word "gay" and its mis-uses. Sometimes it just takes meeting that one new person in our world who helps a person to see that what they have come to believe is wrong. People can change and they do!

RR, I am not trying to be rude but your bolded comment has me totally baffled. In all honesty I don't know one single person (in my real life or at this site) that thinks that...nor have I ever met anyone that thought that.

I don't think you are rude at all, and hopefully you understand that the statement you bolded from my post does not represent my beliefs at all, it is one that I have encountered in others and that I try to change in others when I can.

memphisbelle wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Wilde, I work in social services and I have heard trained professionals say similar things. (Not to mention many, many clients.)
You are lucky to know so many people that are so well informed. I live in a very conservative city and I hear all kinds of baffling comments made about people of different races, creeds, and sexual orientations.

THIS is my reality.
Wilde you are lucky. I live in a social services world similar to XU's. The bolded views are wrong and I take the opportunity to offer another view and give education wherever I can, but many many many people think this way (not just my clients but professional co-workers in the healthcare/mental health/social services field as well.

I live in a super-liberal SF Bay Area, and, sadly, I hear the same homophobic shit even here.

ETA. Jessalyn, get better quick! We love you.

HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:31 am

How do you know CBS will not address what happened during one of their CBS shows? Did CBS release a statement about this issue? I only saw the standard quote they always give out in these types of circumstances. Is this just an assumption?

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 1:59 am

Kimmie wrote:
Jeff said he told Kalia she was right...

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already. Does anyone have the Flashback time to Jeff telling Brendon about saying sorry to Kalia about what he said. Thanks.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25133

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 5:11 am

ams06 wrote:
Has Jeff's brother Scott said anything on twitter?

He thanked a twitterer for their twitlonger in defense of Jeff, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 5:21 am

Jeff's cousin Anthony (antmuggs), who I'm pretty sure is gay, has been tweeting a lot and defending Jeff. He is upset people are calling Jeff homophobic and says Jeff has always supported him.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 5:38 am

got this from Facebook
Quote :
The Baub Show
‎"@SARARUEFORREAL: Can I just say I am LOVING #bigbrother this season - LOVE Jeff and Jordan." Amen! X
2 hours ago via Twitter 11 LikeUnlike @TheBaubShow on Twitter
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 6:28 am

blueeyed wrote:
Cousin_Jake wrote:
CBS will not address this on the show. They didn't air Amber's antisemitic remarks during BB8 and they won't touch this either.
I don't think Jeff was misconstrued at all. He said what he said. I'm sure he regrets saying it for a variety of reasons and he will have to deal with the questions he'll get once he's out of the game. I'm sure someone at CBS will help him formulate a response to potential questions once he's evicted or in the jury house or before he faces the BB media if he makes it to the end.

I think it may have been misconstrued, in that, if it wasn't Kahlil would not have said it was a miscommunication between them when she was speaking to Lawon about it.
I'm sure Kalia got the word in the DR not to talk about it. CBS will not address this on the show. (By airing the clip.) If they did, it would blow the fuck up all over the place. Millions of people watch the shows ... thousands of people have the feeds. Big difference.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35417
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 6:37 am

Google news stories - list
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Lori

Number of posts : 22967

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 8:38 am

Oh geez almost every title has "homophobic" in it. That is devastating for Jeff's image.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 8:41 am

Lori wrote:
Oh geez almost every title has "homophobic" in it. That is devastating for Jeff's image.

It certainly won't help but it is good it happened the first week or so. There is alot of time for it blowover.

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 8:49 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Kimmie wrote:

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already. Does anyone have the Flashback time to Jeff telling Brendon about saying sorry to Kalia about what he said. Thanks.

Kalia was the one that told Lawon that Jeff told her she was right.

Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
PatriciaZ
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:09 am

I'm just curious.... Jeff's opinions and what he said (which may have come out wrong) have reallllly angered some, what do you want to see happen to him? What is the appropriate punishment? AND is he entitled to have someone defend his actions?
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3598
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:22 am

Kimmie wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Kimmie wrote:

Kalia was the one that told Lawon that Jeff told her she was right.

There was also a brief conversation in the kitchen between Brendan and Jeff where Jeff confirmed that he talked with Kalia and all was okay and a few more words about it were spoken. But I don't know the flashback time.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:25 am

Get better soon Jess!
Back to top Go down
Wendi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:26 am

To answer the question above - lock him up and throw away the key for he has sinned.

This is making me sick to my stomach. I need a distraction.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:27 am

PatriciaZ wrote:
I'm just curious.... Jeff's opinions and what he said (which may have come out wrong) have reallllly angered some, what do you want to see happen to him? What is the appropriate punishment? AND is he entitled to have someone defend his actions?

I'll assume you are serious.
Happen? - nothing except perhaps some ridicule and then for someone to give him a good talking to.
punishment - this is a free country. He can say anything he wants, no matter how ignorant. See answer above.

Defend what he said or defend Jeff as a person. In my opening post, I believe I defended him as a person.
What he actually said is indefensible IMO, and as I also posted, you will have to go to some other site to
defend the content of what he said. Perhaps WestboroBaptist still has their website up, it was called godhatesfags.com
They are just getting back from picketing Betty Ford's funeral.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:27 am

Wendi wrote:
To answer the question above - lock him up and throw away the key for he has sinned.

This is making me sick to my stomach. I need a distraction.

Me too Wendi, me too
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 9:34 am

PatriciaZ wrote:

I don't want anything to happen to him because of his comments. I believe in the right of speech not matter how stupid someone's comments are. However, I also believe there are consequences for what we say. In this case, I think the consequence may be that CBS may think twice before casting him in another reality show.

On the other hand, I think they want another Rob and Amber scenario so they may keep casting him until he wins. Whatever ... I expect at some point, Jeff will have to get a job that does not involve being a reality show contestant and this comment won't influence that eventual outcome one way or another.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   July 14th 2011, 10:07 am

It's on MSN's main page today.

PostSubject: Re: About Jeff's comments   

Back to top Go down

About Jeff's comments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 13-
Jump to: